HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
:: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Event Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! (/showthread.php?tid=5196)

Pages: 1 2

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Blu - 02-01-2013

UPDATED TO HERE

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Blu - 02-01-2013

Phantom, votes cannot be changed

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Mauja - 02-01-2013

(02-01-2013, 03:17 PM)Blu Wrote: Phantom, votes cannot be changed

May I ask why? To me, it doesn't seem much of a hassle to make sure the votes display correctly, so if someone starts to like another piece more as time passes and it's within the voting time it just feels very strange, to me, that you wouldn't allow it.

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Azura - 02-01-2013

Meh so hard but I just adore imi's:)

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Sulwyn - 02-01-2013

Imi ^^

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Gossamer - 02-01-2013

I vote Boom! =) Such a hard decision though!

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Matahari - 02-01-2013

ABBA!!

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Sumati - 02-01-2013

Neo. I love the colors, and I think they'd make for an interesting colorscheme. :D

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Roland - 02-01-2013

Imi :D

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Faelene - 02-02-2013

Entry 1. Cami.

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Levi - 02-02-2013

Roni<3 Entry six

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Lace - 02-02-2013

imi

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Irrydae - 02-02-2013

roni

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Gaucho - 02-02-2013

omg so hard.fffffffttttt.

I'm picking RONI.

Second was IMI; I feel Roni's follows the 'dark' theme better.

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Official - 02-02-2013

(02-01-2013, 03:30 PM)Mauja Wrote:
(02-01-2013, 03:17 PM)Blu Wrote: Phantom, votes cannot be changed

May I ask why? To me, it doesn't seem much of a hassle to make sure the votes display correctly, so if someone starts to like another piece more as time passes and it's within the voting time it just feels very strange, to me, that you wouldn't allow it.

Thank your for asking Neo!

Admin have decided that votes cannot be changed once submitted for a couple of reasons.

One is that we want people to make sure they are really thinking over what they choose to submit, because needing to change votes is a bit of an extra hassle on admin, and usually your first, gut feeling is the best anyway!

Additionally it doesn't truly seem fair to decide to change your vote after watching it progress over time, as then the results are influencing your decision. For this very reason admin are also discussing not updating the vote results until polling period is over from now on.

Then there's also the fact that we feel there's not really anywhere else in life where you can change your votes once you've submitted them, so we'd like to emulate that, which is all in an effort to uphold fairness and to ensure that votes are well thought out before being placed.

We hope that helps provide some further insight into our decision!

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Resplendence - 02-02-2013

imi <33

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Mauja - 02-03-2013

I can understand the reasoning, Official, but I think it'd be fairer if it was stated clearly that you cannot change your vote. As it is now, it only says "only vote once", which to me indicates that you cannot vote from multiple accounts because you're still one person, and not that you cannot change your vote. So to me it kind of felt a bit out of the blue, as we had no warning we'd not be allowed to change our minds.

Other than that, I think it'd be nice to be allowed to change our minds, as sometimes we do switch preference over the course of time, etc, and as we're so limited in real life with "votes", it'd be nice with a change here, but. xD I can understand your point anyway. I'd just prefer if it was clearly stated somewhere that we cannot change our minds.

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Ayaka - 02-05-2013

Roni!! Everyone did an amazing job though!! Good job to everyone who entered! :))

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Rishima - 02-05-2013

Abba

RE: :: Site Layout Contest :: Voting! - Jasiri - 02-05-2013

Krazie.