HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Safety - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Safety (/showthread.php?tid=11834)

Pages: 1 2

Safety - Midas - 01-08-2014

Midas
take away the pain inflicted on me, the hunger you're letting me feed
Sun blessed our march. Harmless fire emerged from our hair, it followed our footsteps. We burned brightly as the throbbing heart of a dragon might. As a group we walked across the desert together, past the unfinished wall of steel. It was dark now and even with flames to light the path, hearts jittered. I carried them out of their homeland, a thing that had been previously thought impossible. Troubled minds took leave with a lingering glance and a promise to return once the territory was secure again. A deep sigh emerged, but fleeting looks wretched with sadness gave way to a higher purpose. The safety of this family came above all else. I spoke little on the way, only told them about what details I knew in regards to our temporary dwelling.

The yawning entrance of Heloiva’s heart greeted our approach. I stared at the boiling pits of fire with unease. I led them on sturdy rock, my feet trailing golden fire with each step. Soon the entrance to yon cavern emerged. Guacho had already laid his relic against a large stone at the entrance. I paused before going in, stretching my power to cover the leather with gold. Gently I rose it up, carefully placing it dead center upon the stone to serve as a marking might. Gold melted into the stone, turning it from the simply granite, to something of rare beauty. His dream catcher shinning in the firelight to guide wayward souls. I smiled a little and motioned for us to head into the cave. We could talk more once inside.

Table by Neo, Art by Dark

RE: Safety - Gaucho - 01-08-2014

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

[A continuation from this thread. Gaucho briefly calls to Pheonix here to try and get him to follow, but doesn't' stop.

Any from the vote thread may say they immediately followed. Anyone else, may say they saw his spirit animals, or saw Fina.]

Gaucho flew relentlessly North. Luckily, the Heart was one of the closest lands to the Throat, which made the journey shorter than it could have been - and yet Gaucho wasted little time in ushering the small flock who accompanied him. Although the darkness that threatened the Throat seemed to be bound to the ground, there was no indication that their encounters were merely by happenstance. Whatever he encountered at the Veins seemed to know no bounds, and certainly the warning that the Sun God gave to Africa implied that whatever this thing was, it was ruthless and unstoppable.

Well, not unstoppable, but not fightable.

So the Sultan's had made the snap judgement of relocating to the caves. Africa, Gaucho, and Midas had explored them earlier - while they provided a natural shelter, Gaucho believed they would be strategically useful as a defence: currently, it appeared there was only one way in, and out. If they were to be attacked, at least their opponent would have to funnel itself in, where they might have a chance. Not only that, but Midas had found water during their first exploration, and Gaucho tested the strength of the crystalline walls, which seemed nearly impenetrable. There were also markings on the walls, which seemed to indicate that someone, or something, had been in these cave before.

"Down. We here." Gaucho grunted, his words breathy as his sweat-drenched flanks heaved in oxygen. As he landed, he looked South, hopefully to see his brothers and sisters arriving. With a grunt, Gaucho mumbled something to Mara, who slithered into his antlers. Biting against the leather that held the dreamcatcher onto his antlers, the snake slowly worked the bindings loose. As it fell, Gaucho reached down, picking it up roughly with his dark lips. He placed it upon a flattened pillar of stone, rising a few feet into the air. For those who hadn't been here, and were directed by Fina or his spirit eagles, he hoped that this would guide them. The beads of the dreamcatcher were illuminated while his magic was being used - perhaps it might be a beacon for those who wandered.

Image Credits

RE: Safety - Africa - 01-08-2014

They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream

As the meeting drew to an end, the joy of witnessing the rise of her almighty Lord was quashed by the simmering fear and suspicion of the darkness exposed. Still, she praised him and thanked him solemnly; a silent prayer, for he had warned them all and given the herd chance to evade the wrath to come. The Oracle turned, eyes roving through the gathered group- a fine array of the horned, winged and simple alike, all united as one. It was a far cry from the old days, when Pegasus blood overwhelmed the rest, but diversity gave them new strength, while the world around began to crumble. She found with a profound sigh, Windwalker arriving (late, though she cared not for that aspect now) behind those few lined up by the back, and shuffled quickly towards him.

“Thank you Silas." She called through their bond as the Zephyr glided in behind the jet stallion.

At the same time, her worried gaze sought too the leather-winged stallion who the avian had also sought, Silk; whom she had not seen for better or worse, since that emotional night by the light of the full moon. It had been a fretful conversation, and though gentleness and compassion had soothed his method, Africa had been troubled by the feelings roused through her own soul- the boiling arousal, lust which had begun so sickeningly to course through her inexperienced veins. She could not see his raven form; the snow-kissed flaunt of his luscious mane as the wind wheeled between them all, and sighed gravely- devastated almost that he might be lost to this curse.

“Wind…" She called through the drone of concern, unable to rid her own voice of the distress she felt rise within. “Thank goodness you’re safe." Africa could not hold herself back; falling against the curve of his hot gullet and burying herself beneath the thick drape of his glossy black mane. The same lustful desire; the spark which had been ignited by the allure of Silk was not there- it did not cause her heart to flutter and her stomach to curdle. But she loved him then, without denial, as perhaps the closest friend she knew. Come what may down the line, the Oracle needed Wind now for companionship when Helovia would fall into the grip of decay. “I was so worried." She breathed, pressing the ridge of her soft-white face against him.

The group began to disperse then. The flighted distanced themselves to cater for the spread of glorious wings and began their journey due north, afloat; and those who would travel with the guard of Midas assembled there where the two Sultans had stood together moments before- then they too set off. Africa made certain to pass her gratitude to the black and white king; to her friend and mentor, for walking them where danger seemed so much greater.

They passed from desert to heart in relative silence; Africa too felt the weight of confusion and uncertainty pressed hard upon her back, and never spoke as she walked close behind Midas, with Windwalker (hopefully) snug at her side. Silas soared above scouting for the shacked group as best he could offer- aware, naturally that Fina might be watching. When finally they pulled alongside the deep fissure in the hard, clay earth, the Oracle notice the dreamcatcher normally tethered to Gaucho’s antler headdress resting upon a flat stone pillar, and felt some comfort wash through her being, that some of their family was safe.

They paused, and Midas worked to arrange the relic upon the stone by the entrance- a marking; a signal, and the rock transformed into shimmery, fire-kissed gold beneath. Patiently the Oracle waited, issuing soft smiles amongst those peers around her, comforting them now as confidence began to crawl through her tired body. As they descended below the crust of the earth Silas swooped to perch atop her withers.

[Permission from @[Windwalker] to say Silas guided him to the meeting.]

credits

RE: Safety - Satanic Silk - 01-08-2014

Silk looked around cautiously, narrowing his eyes slightly as he entered the caves. He'd never been there before, but it looked safe enough. And it seemed to be where everyone was hiding from this infection that was spreading. Silk wanted to adventure some more, and felt he could escape the infection should he encounter it. But he had promised to bring Cypress to Midas and Africa, as she had accepted his invitation. Of course, he was going to bring her to Dragon's Throat. But everyone was moving here to the caves, and so that was where he would lead her. Silk didn't mind endangering himself, but he was generally a little more considerate of the fates of others. Unless he expressly wanted to do them harm, he'd keep them safe. Cypress fell under the latter category.

Though the caves seemed safe enough, even pretty, this was a darkness that Silk was uncomfortable with. It was wet. Silk was a fan of the darkness but not the wet. He wasn't sure that he wasn't about to feel mildew growing over his skin and on his very bones. His ears were pinned nearly to his skull as his hooves clattered on the stone floor. He looked over his shoulder at the young filly following him, Cypress. He perked his ears forward again, trying to be a little more cheerful for her sake. He did want her to meet Midas, and see Africa again. "Don't worry, they are all gathering here in the caves. It is safe here from the growing infection." He nudged her, trying to transmit comfort her way.

He looked around him, searching for his precious Africa. She was there, alongside Midas, and two other horses. One he presumed was Gaucho, the other king of Dragon Throat. He moved toward her, trying to get Cypress to follow. Of course, it sounded like Cypress knew Africa well enough to recognize her, and so that problem would be solved. Silk tried to beckon Midas over. "Midas, Africa, I have brought someone to join the.. family.." He trailed off, distracted by a stream of droplets dripping down on the top of his head.

OOC: esp. for midas, cypress, africa
Satanic Silk

RE: Safety - Alleo - 01-08-2014

His sides were lathered with sweat by the time they finally made it out of the Foothills and down the hole in the ground. Every step of the way Alleo made sure that Rasta was with him, terrified that he would lose her in their headlong run from something he couldn't see, smell, or touch. Naturally he couldn't ask Rasta what was going on, otherwise he would have and gotten some answers earlier. Now they were in the dark, underground, blindly following voices that were both familiar and unfamiliar.

"Hello!" He called out, ears strained forward as he listened to his dying echo and waited for an answer. "This way." He murmured to the pale mare that he had promised to protect and he led her through caverns, down pathways, around rocks sticking up from the ground until they finally stumbled upon the gathering of winged horses.

Alleo's sides heaved, still, from the exertion and he looked around the room, from face to face, to the wall, then to the water. The stallion glanced back at the mare and nudged his head toward the water because she had to be at least as thirsty as he was. His tail flicked and he watched her for a moment before looking to the other stallions and mare. "What's happening?"

ooc:// abba had to go to sleep and gave me permission to post that rasta was with alleo since they're currently plotted to be inseparable
"."

RE: Safety - Gaucho - 01-08-2014

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

They arrived. Slowly at first, with hopefully more to trickle in. But there should be more...many more. Where was that foolish stallion he had passed on his way here?

But then, a much more damning thought came to his mind: Where was Sohalia? Where was Zenobia? He hadn't flown over the section of the wall she was working on - that had been were Midas went. Surely...Surely they would make it? Zenobia was new to flight, but she was fast, especially when she was flying in a straight line. Grunting to himself, the dun, who towered above those currently gathered, tried to peer behind the restless bodies to spy the mother of his daughter, and his child.

As his gaze swept through those who had gathered, they lingered on a taller stallion that he hadn't seen before. Or had he? So many came and went that he couldn't be sure. That he was part of the Throat was obvious but...he wasn't looking too good. Recalling Africa's description of the thing that attacked her, Gaucho nudged Midas with his shoulder, indicating to his brother to take notice.

"You." Gaucho bellowed, his deep voice resonating off of the cave walls, as his dark gaze zeroed in on the tall male. "You no look so good. You...feel okay?"

Gaucho looked towards those who had just entered - the blind mare of the Throat, and a stallion that he didn't recognize. His dark ears pinned against his skull, as he turned to face them. "Darkness above." Gauch grunted ominously, spreading his black wings which were still lined with harmless flames, which caste orange and yellow lights against the crystalline walls.

[Because Silk is infected, you can either let the others wrestle you to the Waters to heal you (maybe we'll say that we just want him to have a drink, since we don't know it will heal him yet), or he becomes a wraith, and immediately leaves the cave.]

Image Credits

RE: Safety - Megaera - 01-09-2014

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over
when i'm wiser and i'm older</style>

Meg watched with a narrowed eyes as the herd began to mobilize for the move. Such a drastic change in the atmosphere of the gathering had set her on edge and her head whipped around to inspect the herd’s movements. She watched as most took to the air, and she longed to go with them. She ached to fly again; flying was freedom and safety and strength, but with a bitter taste in her throat she was forced to watch from the ground. The fire had clipped her wings quite thoroughly, and though she knew that at the start of spring she would molt and they would regrow, she was not keen on waiting that long. So she set off with the band that Midas led on foot and followed them into the underground labyrinth. It was lucky that she’d had some time to recover from her fall into Helovia’s Heart (she gave the place an extra wide berth as the party traveled past it) The skin on her forelegs and muzzle had healed over, and though it felt tight and stiff, hair was beginning to grow again over the burned patches.

Meg had not been too enthusiastic when she began to notice the fires that blazed upon every member of the herd, indeed when she’d first seen them on her own body, she had shouted in terror, thinking herself plunged back into the vast fire pit. She’d calmed when she realized they burned without doing any harm, but they still put her on edge. She tried to imagine the gentle flames of Africa’s fire in the Throat instead of the raging pit of the heart. They’d been so much nicer, warm and illuminating rather than destructive. She and Alina had spent a comfortable night ther… ALINA! Panic shot through the bay mare as she realized her darling little friend was not with them. She didn’t quite understand what was happening in the world abouve, but whatever it was, Alina and the other missing members of the shouldn’t be left to face it alone

She moved with haste towards the taller of the sultans, giving a small nod of respect, “Gaucho, too few have come! Alina’s missing and others, too. Could you see them from the skies on your way here? If you can tell me, I’ll go. I’ll make them come!” Her voice was quick but her face was set; she was determined to protect her new family and to hell with whatever danger that lurked above.

Image Credits

RE: Safety - Windwalker - 01-09-2014

Only the comfort of his closest friend, was able to put a small smile on Windwalkers face and make him forget all that had happened lately. Well, not forget, but it did make him feel more relaxed. By the help of Silas, he had found the way to Africa and the others in the herd, still keeping his distance though. He had not met anyone else beside the one-winged mare, and would not assume he had a rightful place in their mids.

The meeting he had been too late to witness, came to an end, and with a little bit of luck, he caught Africa's attention. He greeted her warmly as she got closer, but when they were face to face, he lost his words completely. Not because he had nothing meaninful to say, but for the simple fact that she showed how much he ment to her. And then she used him as a big teddybear.

He still could not get that..feeling out of his head as he walked maybe a little too close to Africa. They was on the move to safety, either by air or by ground, and they wasted no time. After the whole teddybear-incident, all were quick to move on and he alike. He had already met one wraith and escaped, so he was keen on avioding all the other dead things that walked around her. The trip went on with little talk, but that suited him fine. He had a lot to think about and nothing of that made sense.

It was a good thing that he walked so close to Africa, for if he had not, he would have walked straight into someones bum when they all stopped. With a little difficulty, he managed to be present and not drown himself in thoughts of what's and if's. He tucked his wings close to his body as they went underground, careful with the place he chose to set down his hooves. Silas had found his place as he reached the caves and talk began to flow. He did not say a word as he found a spot a little bit away from the others, but still close enough to Africa. So this was what safety felt like. Cold and wet.

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker

RE: Safety - Pheonix - 01-09-2014

Phoenix had heeded Gaucho's warning call as he flew over the palomino stallion that fateful day. Following without knowing what on earth was happening, Phoenix had kept quiet the whole flight except for a mere question. He wasn't a child, but he was concerened for the safety of his herd, which is what spurred him to ask these things. Tilting towards the ground, flanks were heaving with the exerted force of endless flying. Following Guacho, he noticed many horses were ushered into the safety of this certain cavern, seeing Midas beckon them in with a quiet voice. "Thank you", murmuring to the brute, Phoenix nodded his head in respect torwards Midas, grimly walking in, scanning his eyes to see who was there, and who wasn't.

Godiva wasn't present, and although he wouldn't show it, worry spread through his chest, like a mother who lost her child. Would she be okay? Was she alive? Nervousness was present in emerald eyes as ears flicked back and forth, tail rhythimcally moving to distract himself from the current situation. Rasta was there, safe with another stallion. She was safe. Emerlad eyes caught the grey form of Africa. Resisting the urge to nicker, he put on a confident mask, standing boldly, awaiting directions.

"What infection? I don't mean to be a bother, but what is happening?" Joining in the middle of a period of chaos, the palomino was utterly confused, but glad he was with herd mates.

RE: Safety - Satanic Silk - 01-09-2014

He felt the poison of the filly beast inside his veins. He'd thought he'd been fine. Though the cut stung and he certainly had coughed and coughed after inhaling that gas, he had thought that he was getting better. Surely, he was strong enough to resist the flu cast by a little creep-o. The horse he assumed was Gaucho came over to him and asked if he was feeling alright. The sweat that had accumulated earlier was not leaving his body, and he felt his internal temperatures rising. Something wasn't right, and Gaucho could sense it. Silk didn't answer, but his eyes were wide, glowing red as infection spread through his system. He snorted and coughed. "Gaucho? I'm Satanic Silk. This is Cypress. Watch over her. She knows Africa." He grunted, he found that talking was becoming more and more difficult, and his voice was increasingly raspy.

Silk felt his heart racing inside his chest, aching not the feeling of love as it had been before, but the feeling of fever and death. As his body was being taken over, Silk looked frantically for Africa. He needed her. He needed her to know he would love her and that he had to leave, but he didn't want to. He wanted to stay with her, protect her. "Africa! I love you!" He screamed it across the cavern. It was not how he'd wanted their love to develop, and it wasn't how he wanted to leave her. But he had to leave, before he brought pain and suffering to those in the cave. His heart ached in all sorts of ways. He tried to catch the dappled mare's gaze. "Don't forget me, my love!" He called again, and glanced around the cave, catching the eye of Cypress, Gaucho, and galloped out. As he exited the cave he spread his wings and took off into the receding horizon. There was nothing more he could do.

Satanic Silk

RE: Safety - Hector - 01-09-2014

No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

The meeting concluded rapidly after the revelation that Helovia was ailing beneath a new sort of darkness. A wave of apprehension bristled through the flecking orange feathers dressing his enormous wings; the gently stroking flames which had been born amongst the spill of his long, thick mane (and that adorning the final length of his tail) began to flare and twist with the surge of testosterone, fuelling the sentiment.

Hector pressed forward as the group began to split in two and disperse, muscling between the rolling bodies until he came upon both the bay and the black and white, gold rimmed steeds, the Sultans; his superiors in every respect. "Kings," he bellowed through the stew of troubled voices. "Use me as you will." A gracious nod spilt the veil of engulfed chestnut forelock across his stark, orange eyes- and they fixed dutifully to the gaze of each Sultan respectively.

With that said, the giant followed Gaucho unquestioningly when finally they set sail into the northbound sky.

They fell upon the Heart of Helovia with the gentle thud of precision and skill, each Pegasus falling carefully behind their preceding peers. They were led to the great fissure which had peeled apart the land and paused briefly by the mouth while their leader placed upon the stone a symbol to lure those wandering kin in; Hector was focused, eyes roving always about the group- through the undulating sea of grass which surrounded them at a small distance, while Veci swept wraithlike throughout. Certainly there should be enough eyes to find ill-meaning company before it fell upon them.

Quickly they descended into the depths of the cave. The orange giant had not travelled into the subterranean world yet; first and foremost, his priority lay with protecting the borders- and neither Midas, nor Gaucho had instructed him to do otherwise. Rumour amongst the fighting ranks told though, of the small troupe which had represented the herd and explored it many, many moons ago. From the whispering he gathered that enough resources lay beneath to provide for their survival- though he could only imagine such would be frightfully primitive.

Then Midas and the Diviner arrived sometime after those flighted among the ranks, and to each the warrior offered a temperate snort, and an unusually peaceable nod. Faces he had seen periodically trickled in afterwards- and some unfamiliar souls, who caused sinewy shoulders to ripple with trained suspicion. Never the less he welcomed them into the building crowd while the Sultans seemed unaffected. Only when Gaucho spoke to one bat-winged stallion did Hector stiffen, and his burly knee struck forward one hoof to graze the scuffed rock beneath; huge wings unfurling by half above the crowd.

Many voices sand through the drone building as more souls arrived, but the warrior’s eyes danced only between the concern flanking the bay Sultan, and that stallion who was being questioned. Satanic Silk spoke, though his tones sounded harsh- as though some corruption bubbled the saliva in his throat and Hector began forward stridently, driving his considerable bulk between the heaving ocean of creatures; he was unenthused, untouched by those pleading words echoing around for the sake of their Diviner. With a callous gaze covering the flaxen-maned stallion as he turned and fled their sanctuary, the warrior followed to be certain he did not return.

There, not far inside the opening of the fissure through the heart, Hector posted himself to guard.

RE: Safety - Africa - 01-09-2014

Inside, Gaucho was waiting with a number of those who had flown- many who filled the ranks of the Throat’s army. A sense of security flushed through her body as she and Wind passed by them to find a place to stand; to loiter amid the plume of foggy confusion descending upon them all. Many, many faces filed in, even after the small troop who had travelled by Midas had settled.

Another who she had not met came down with Rasta, and to each was offered a warm (worried, naturally), thoughtful smile. “Rasta welcome; and to you friend." She offered with the slim hope it might ease a little uncertainty. Again she looked to the stallion who had delivered the near white palomino crafter after he had spoken. “I am Africa, we have been gathered together here by the will of our leaders- at the warning of the glorious Sun God." Quietly she offered her soft whiskered nose towards her blind (Africa knew not that she had been cured and instead been muted) herd-sister, should she find any comfort in a friendly exchange of breath.

With soft-gold eyes flung apart, the Oracle saw the familiar shadowy figure of Silk descend into the crowd and immediately she began towards him, relief flooding her tired mind. There was a smaller form beside him, a Unicorn filly, and as she grew nearer she recognized Cypress with a growing smile. “Silk! Cypress!" She called through the hum of stress and boiling anxiety sweltering around them, but she stopped all too suddenly when the booming voice of Gaucho hushed them all. Confused foreboding rose like a grim wall and Africa could force herself no closer as the words of the Sultan sank quickly into the beat of her breaking heart. “No..." She sighed, devastation blurring her eyes as they willed the filly urgently from her keeper. “Cypress dear, come to my side." So pleased was she to welcome the girl into their family, but she could not rise beyond the hurt and the despair as she turned hurriedly from the infected stallion.

Her legs each seemed burdened by the weight of pure lead as she fled Silk’s proximity- hopefully with Cypress gelled to her flank. The Oracle weaved back towards Wind who still lingered where she had left, and the frantic call of Silk’s ailing voice filled her wavering ears. She wanted to return that pledge, to bandage his sick with her love and care- but it was too late, she thought, and lowered her face still further from his view. It was true that she felt alike to his now public emotion, and it hurt all the more because she knew that they could never possibly meet again. The fire which simmered along the crest of the mare, and dazzled her otherwise bland tresses began to fade as her optimism fell flat upon the tiled floor.

Bravely she returned to Wind, and wrestled a smile to sit upon her lips. “Wind, this is Cypress a dear friend." Delicate nostrils lowered to flutter about the filly’s small cupped ears, and she continued. “Cypress, meet Windwalker. May he always be a friend to you here in our family." The superficial pain of Silk’s loss began to lighten with the gift of distraction (of course the pieces of her shattered heart were strewn along her path from the doorway), and she leaned her only wing against the raven stallion as Silas glided down croaking resentfully for that wretched stallion he found so detestable; having chased him away with the orange soldier, Hector. The zephyr nestled, upset by her grief against the wilt of her neck where it sank into her pointed withers.

credits

[ooc: @[Cypress] Africa is keeping you safe from this post ;) @[Windwalker] Africa is still with you :) ]

RE: Safety - Windwalker - 01-10-2014

Windwalker could not keep up with all that happened in the cave, but he tried his best to not float away when too much information passed between different horses. He kept in his place and focused on memorizing faces instead of names. Gaucho and Midas was easy, as was the stallion with bat wings. He did not like him though, especially when he proclaimed his love for Africa. Wind kept his face from showing any sign of emotions, just because he did not know how to handle this. He had no right over Africa or anybody else, so why bother?

When Cypress' name was mentioned again, he almost woke up. Cypress? The little, young mare he met at the beach? His eyes found her easily, and a little smile crept into his face. So she got away. His smile was still intact as Africa guided the mare towards him. "Little one! We meet again." Almost joy filled his voice after Africa had introduced them. He gave his grey friend a little bump in the side with his muzzle. "I have met Cypress once before, at the sea. We ran together in the sand." As he remembered that day, sorrow stirred. Things was changing and not for the better.

"Could you two excuse me for a moment? I need to get some fresh air" It was the most stupid excuse ever to get away so he could think things through, but the was the one he offered. Without waiting for a response, he gave each of the mares a nod before he walked away. As he walked past the others, he offered them the same courtesy, a nod and eyecontact. Well, Midas and Gaucho got a deeper nod than the others, but it was to show respect for the leaders. His black body soon disguised him against the stone walls and he could finally breath fresher air.

Walking "Talking"
Windwalker

OOC: No muse :( And Wind had to get out of there lol. Too much going on.

RE: Safety - Megaera - 01-11-2014

megaera</style>
wake me up when it's all over
when i'm wiser and i'm older</style>

Megaera had never been patient. As she grew, she tried harder and harder to resign herself to thinking before she acted, but at three she held to much of the filly, too much of what she had been raised to be and less of what she would choose to have been. She was still a creature of action, of impulse. She could be tactical, she could be strategic, but she not in he habit of giving herself the time to think. Stillness made you a target, lack of movement made toy easier to hit. The girl had grown up fighting and couldn’t leave the battlefield.

She’d spent the recent months leaning how to care, leaning how to greet others with a nod and a smile instead of a striking hoof. She had made a home at Dragons Throat, hade made friends there like she never had before. Now Dragon’s Throat was threatened. She did not yet understand the extent of the darkness the now spread itself offer Helovia, but it had caused a panic and an uproar like she’d never seen. The herd had come to these caves, to safety and sanctuary but meg could not abide it much monger. She could not content herself with hiding and waiting out the storm. She had to go. To fight. To beat back the sickness and return Helovia to the light. How? The bay mare could not have said, she had no plan and no way of knowing exactly what monsters she would face.

She’d felt all that even before she realized that Alina, her sweet Little Sister, had not been among their number. Now fear gripped her heart; panic and rage warred and parched her throat as she waited for and answer from her lead. They’ve got to stay. she realized, the sultans of Dragons Throat had a responsibility to the head, to keep them safe at all costs, and leading them here had been they best way to do that, they could not abandon their number. The bay mare shuffled her feet on the hard stone of the sanctuary’s floor. In her anxiety for the sweet little mare that was out there alone, she couldn’t bring herself to stand still. Me wings, clipped as they were, ruffled at her sides as she danced in place, swinging her head around to watch the commotion in the cavern.

Satanic Silk seemed to be the source of the distress. Meg’s eyes narrowed and their lead brought attention to the strangeness overcoming the black stallion, she’d net him the morning after her plunge into Helovia’s Heart, and the beast definitely got on her last nerve, it was easy to want him gone. She started forward, but was beat to her goal by the tall chestnut stud that bore both wings and horns. A loud snort followed the silver-maned beast out of the cave, shouting his affections as he went. The kind Dragon’s Throat Oracle was to good for the likes of that obnoxious prick.

Meg couldn’t stand it any longer. Driven to find her little friend, she started back towards the light above, following the wake of Satanic Silk’s hurried departure. She passed the brown soldier who had posted himself as guard and, sorely missing the use of her swift wings, set out on foot to rescue those she could.

Image Credits

RE: Safety - Cypress - 01-11-2014

Cypress had come in with Silk. This cave, it was very dark, and a little spooky to the little girl. But she stayed quiet. Silk had told her that we were safe form the infection. What infection? Cypress wanted to know, but she was too distracted by the others in the cave. It was that mare! the white girl she had met at the water lake! But she didn't look too good, so Cypress stayed away. There was also some men, one black and white. His wings tipped with gold, and one brown, he also had wings. But the familiar rack of a deer topped his head. He was dressed in all sorts of things, and his voice was loud as he spoke to Silk. Cypress was next to him, his ears half pinned to his head. He didn't seem to like the water in this place, neither did Cypress, for she was not a fan of wet and water places.

There was another mare, she was brown, her wings tattered, her eyes filled with longing. She had spoke to the the one, a relative to deer, she called him Gaucho. She was worried that the other had not come. What did that mean? Cypress wanted to know more about what was happening. Silk had replied, asking the Gaucho deer to watch over Cypress. He had also introduced her and him. She looked up at his dressed horns. "I..." she trailed not knowing what to say. She looked at her hooves, away from the rack on his head, her mother had told her it was always rude to stare.

It was then, when she noticed Africa. She had come up to them with joy on her face, calling out their names. Cypress smiled happily at the dappled mare. She Wanted some time with her, just to ask some questions about the infections. Satanic Silk then yelled out to her, his voice full of love, and admiration. It was scary. Silk did not tell her about this love. Nor had Cypress know that Africa loved him back. Africa had asked the girl to come to her side, and she did, racing away from Silk. It seemed the infection had reached him, his rose eyes looked different in the cave's light. Cypress then stood at Africa's side, her flank pressing the older mare's her muscles tight in fear. Her eyes full of lost dreams, and dreams that never came true.

Silk had caught her eye, before racing out of the cave and taking flight, his leathery wings opening, his strong back legs pushing him free of the ground. "Silk!" Cypress yelled, her eyes astonished at what had just happened. She was scared that all she had known and loved in Helovia would leave her. She didn't know she had these feelings for Silk, nor anyone else she had met in Helovia, but she did know they were her friends, and she didn't want them to leave her.
Africa seemed sad, but Cypress didn't want to mention it. She didn't like seeing her friends sad. But Africa had not said anything, she had just led Cypress away, she had approached a black stallion, he was familiar in a way, it had scared Cypress. But when Africa had introduced each other, he had embraced her with touching words. He was the one Cypress had met at the now-black ocean beach. He was Windwalker. He had directed his next speech to Africa, telling her how we had met.
But he had sadly, left quickly, needing fresh air. Cypress did want some. but she didn't want to bother the raven man, so she stayed away. "Africa..." she said looking up into eyes like citrine gem. "What is the infection doing?" she asked, her voice hard and frightened.

She awaited the answer whens he noticed the man from the water pond, he was there when she had met the white mare, his horns and wings were still there, so it was not just her dreaming. He had sadly made a bad impression of her, and she did not want to speak to him again. He looked tough, like he could take down a bare, and his face seemed as hard as a rock. She wanted to know his name, but didn't wish to speak any more until Africa had given an answer.

wordcount: 727
ooc: lol alot of things to reply to!
Talk

Image Credits

RE: Safety - Rasta - 01-11-2014

Sweat. It was dripping down my sides. It was frothing up against my pelt. It was keeping a cold chill against my frame. I had used to dread the incoming heat and the way that sweat had radiated from my pelt - preferring my much more temperate, northern home with an abundance of rivers leading to mountains. But I could not change that. And with the beacon of a light leading both Alleo and I as he called after me. Panic had been in his lungs. Each word laced with a concern that just couldn't seem to be hidden. The way he had screamed my name - it had almost forced my hooves to dig into the ground and kick up the dirt and my haunches to fall back as if to stop. But, at the last second I'm only pushing off even faster. Something was wrong and I would not allow everything to fall apart. It would be harder, but this sight had to have been granted to me for a reason. I could have lived with the lack of a voice and sight - I had lived just fine without sight for so long. It was now, this exact moment, that I had decided this was the reason. Something was changing in the world, and for my own safety the Earth God had tried to find some way to offer me another piece of protection.

Burning in my limbs. I wasn't sure how long we had been running, but I was still chugging away. Be careful. Those two words kept repeating in my mind as I kept my eyes squeezed shut, relying more heavily on the vibrations of the world around me to ensure that I didn't trip and fall from my lack of understanding of the nuances of sight. It was only every few minutes that I would allow my orbs to open as I felt Alleo's body shift in directions, even if it was minutely, to ensure that I was still following the flaming beacon from the sky above. And, once certain the creature was not beginning to take a turn into a different direction my eyes would fall shut again and I would allow my body to submerge itself in the sensitive twists of the vibrations around me.

Chest tightening. I needed to stop. It burned. I was meant for endurance, for speed, but I didn't think I was meant for both at the same time in such rigor. The colder months, which were prevalent in the Foothills, were beginning to produce an ache in my bones from the many, many broken and healed bones I had been dealt in my thousands upon thousands of years walking upon a sodden earth. It seemed, though, that it was a gift as we had come across a cave, following the voices that were familiar to my ears enough to continue wading my way in.

Uncertainty. It's looming in Alleo's voice as he calls out a hello that seems to echo off the walls in such a cold way there is a shiver being sent down my spine. Instantly, I'm pressing myself up against him, moving forward with my eyes closed and trying to act as a guide towards the meeting deep in the caverns. He does his best to try and keep me pushed away from the sharp rocks that stick up from the ground, though as long as I kept my eyes shut I knew just where to step to keep from having any part of my frame skewered. This way, he said just as I thought the same thing. His sides were heaving, as I felt the familiar vibrations of those around me, searching for Sohalia in this mess of winged beasts.

Family I considered my own, even if I wasn't understood. They were here, thankfully, and I allowed my eyes to open - taking in the colours. As I took a step away from Alleo and connected with those of my herd I could feel the heat begin to radiate off of my frame, if only just a little, as flames began to curl off of my mane and tail as well as my hooves. It was harmless, but gorgeous, and soon I was staring enraptured at the others in my herd with their burning hair and hooves that were lighting up these caves. A beacon of hope - or at least I suppose some would call it that. It is then that Alleo asks what's wrong after tossing his head toward the water that is dripping off of the wall, trying to tell me to drink. My nostrils are flared, yes, and my sides may be heaving, but I will not drink now. I need to understand what this threat is that has us located in this cave vying for safety.

Darkness. Gaucho is bellowing, grunting that it is above as he spreads out his wings lined with the harmless flames. Others speak, some begging to go back out and find those who are in their herd. But, should they be returning to such places? A stag screams his love for our Oracle, and then bursts out of the meeting as if he is actually on fire, as if he is going to die should he stay in this space for long. I can't place everything that is happening, Hector offers himself for use as seen fit, and some creatures pass introductions along.

Chaos. There seems to be a mess. The herd is mixing and shifting. A panic is coursing through everyone's veins. I open my mouth to speak, and again no words will come out. I doubted they would, but I had to try. Calm.... Please. Panic does nothing but injure... But did it matter? Would they have even listened to me? Most likely not. It felt as though, since I had spoken out earlier, that I would not have such a favorable opinion. Once blind, creme eyes peer back towards Midas, an apologetic look etched upon my features. I had run away from Fina earlier, unable to shove bad thoughts from my mind. But, now with everyone on fire I couldn't keep myself from the images replaying in my mind. I shuffle back a few steps, keeping myself positioned behind Alleo's shoulder and allowing my weakened frame to press up against his pelt, continuing to feel my constricted lungs and burning limbs.

Never had collapsing and sleeping felt so good. Never had the idea seemed so dangerous...
R
take another breathe

RE: Safety - Gaucho - 01-12-2014

Gaucho listened as more, and more came. A felt a dwindling sense of anxiety in his chest, and was glad for that. So they had come - that was good. Very good. He wasn't entirely sure how long his magic would last out there - even though Mara had kept biting his ear to ensure that enough blood would flow to allow for his magic, it was entirely likely that it was some how 'used up'. Internally, he grumbled at himself for never having had the forethought to test the durability of his magic over long periods of time.

As concerns over those missing, or lost began to filter through the chitchat, Gaucho locked his jaw. This - this cacophony of voices calling out, offering help, or feeling afraid, would not do. It would not be efficient, nor would it be strategic. The last thing that they needed, was having those who had finally found safety, rush off into the darkness only to be consumed by infection without anyone knowing.

They were lost, and afraid, and under attack - he was not surprised, but he would not stand for it.

"Brothers and sisters. This infection, is like invasion. It comes against us, but we not let it! Any who want to help - to find others or to fight, follow Gaucho. We not talk here - wraiths might hear above. We go deeper. We talk about strategy, and how to fight, and how to bring the missing home.

We stay together, or we die alone."

Gaucho has started a W.A.R effort to fight against the wraiths! For more information, please see here. Any and all are welcome - no long term commitment is required. If perhaps you want your character to become a wraith, but in a 'heroic' way, where your sacrifice will be remembered - this is the place for you!

IC W.A.R thread, if you want to follow Gaucho.

Image Credits

RE: Safety - Vadim - 01-12-2014

Vadim
                     I've lost myself somewhere along the way

He follows the other horses as they slip through a hole in the ground and enter some other kind of world that is dark and oppressive. Vadim finds it strange that to escape the darkness that took his home he is thrust into more darkness. It is different, though. This is just subterranean and natural. The other was otherworldly, bone chilling, and completely evil. He hears voices wafting through the tunnels and as he walks he is passed by someone running for escape. The stallion turns and watch the stranger as he dashes for the light and disappears through the opening. 'Strange' he thinks then turns and goes in the direction that the other had come bolting from.

The small pathway opens into a larger room and there is a herd there, many of them alight with fire. Vadim's eyes widen and he snorts at the flames, wondering why no one seems to be panicking about being on fire. Then he passes close enough to a one winged mare to feel that the flames give off no heat. 'Curious' he thinks then continues to look around the gathering. Would his brother make it? Would his father or mother? What about his sisters? The family that seemed to have forgotten about and forsaken him was one he was suddenly worrying about as he stood among a winged herd that he didn't belong in.

"Talk."

Credits

RE: Safety - Africa - 01-12-2014

Obligingly the young Unicorn had slipped from the reach of the sickly stallion, and Africa had whisked her to relative safety by the back of the group. The bewilderment and strain seemed to climax; misunderstandings and raw emotions at the mercy of that crazed situation engulfing them all, and Windwalker could apparently stand it no longer. The raven-hued stallion slipped away from the Oracle and her young friend, and Cypress’ delicate and innocent gaze lifted to meet the brewing concern building behind those pastel, creamy eyes.

Long, heavy ears wilted forward to catch the young creature’s voice as it melded into the sea of trouble surrounding, and she offered the best smile available. "It is spreading." She answered glumly and truthfully. "It is thieving the minds of our closest friends and family; turning them against us, poisoning their thoughts." She found herself thinking about Silk, his proclamation of love and ground her teeth unhappily that such a thing had fallen from the lips of a wraith. Certainly now, what stirring emotion had been present was only a residual sting in her heart. She resented his carelessness- Africa had been attacked twice, both times evading this hungry plague; and she loathed him for vomiting false emotions for all public to know.

"This Sanctuary will mind us while the darkness spreads above. I have ventured deeper darling Cypress, and there is a room flourishing with vegetation and life far more beautiful than anything thriving atop Helovia’s crust. Would you like me to take you down?" Africa felt terribly for the young Unicorn- the restless explorer whose tales and experiences were almost as captivating as those fairy-tales woven by a mother’s crafty tongue. "Pray that the God’s find a way to cure the land so we can all be free once more." The Oracle’s lips dipped to fondle affectionately the flecked-bay’s ears, avoiding naturally the spear which loomed down a small way between the girl’s lovely eyes.

credits

@[Cypress]

RE: Safety - Sohalia - 01-16-2014

Sohalia

The darkness.

It is suffocating.

I can't breathe.

I wake suddenly, my heart racing, and for a moment, I think I know how it feels to be blind. Slowly, shapes begin to form around me, but they are only blurred outlines, racing past and around and over me, streaking past the Wall and away. I heave myself to my feet, panic in every line of my body. "Wait!" I cry, but it is in vain - there is no one left to hear me. Something is coming, though - I can hear it, I can feel it, I can almost see it coming. It's dark. The darkness is bad. I need to run. I need to fly. I need to do something - anything - except stand here. "Zenobia!" I shriek, but my call disappears into thin air, and in my panic I find myself whirling and running, almost colliding with the wall. I yelp in surprise, dodging to the side, and then I am in the clear.

I am terrified.

I am terrified that I have lost another daughter. I am terrified that I will be swallowed by the darkness riding hard on my heels. My wings extend, and then I am pushing down, hard, rising into the sky and attempting to follow the racing shadows ahead of me. I can barely see them - in fact, maybe they are a part of my imagination - but I follow all the same, hoping, praying, that my daughter had the sense to follow the rest of the herd as they ran. I am behind, hopelessly so; the shapes that I thought I saw are dissolving and reappearing, everywhere and nowhere all at once. I am suddenly sure that I am going to die.

And then, somehow, I am tumbling through the darkness, and suddenly I can feel the warmth of the many bodies in the cave and hear the myriad voices floating through the air, and I can see again. My eyes search the crowd hungrily, looking for anyone that I know, and I am shoving my way through the crowd. Finally, I recognize a small group, and I rush forward. I do not know that tears are streaking down my face, that my sides are heaving with sobs, until I try to speak. I fail. After a few moments of near-hyperventilation, I manage to seek out Gaucho. "Zenobia?!" I gasp, fear evident in my vocals. Please, my eyes beg.

Please.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...