HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] take me through the pyramids - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] take me through the pyramids (/showthread.php?tid=12658)

take me through the pyramids - Note - 02-12-2014

[Image: 50ceb46754fc8]

Note had often pondered upon the thought of love. He thought he knew what love was - he really did, but how could he be so sure when Sohalia was ready to give him up as soon as the next suitor came her way? The stallion supposed that he had never seen true love. His father was dead before he was born, his mother spending every waking moment of her life with Note. His mother had been a lithe, short thoroughbred, born with as the runt of twins. She never reached the height of her parents, and the poor mare had been a little frail throughout the entirety of her life.
Amira had cared a great deal for Note, but she left him without a reason, even a goodbye. Her death came far too early, but it could've been so easily avoided. With that, Note concluded that he was not truly loved by his mother. She loved his father, and Note had been a constant reminder of the smoky black stallion. It pained her to see so much of someone she truly loved in her son. What a shame as well. Note had admired his soft spoken mother.
'You must try some of these mushrooms!' Sabel's voice pulled Note out of his thoughts. The dusty bay turned to look at the lynx chewing on a large glowing, blue mushroom. His ashen lips turned up in a smile at the sight. Florescent mushrooms were not usually something Sabel enjoyed. But he was hungry..perhaps he could try some..
'They're edible, right?' Note questioned, touching his muzzle to one of the mushrooms growing on a small tree. His hesitant nature was growing worse with every passing day and it was driving Sabel insane. 'Well, duh!' the lynx practically hissed through the bond, pausing her mealtime to give Note a sightless glare. She didn't actually like the mushrooms all that much, but they were easier to find that a mouse considering her handicap.
Note snorted at the cat, returning the glare before hesitantly eating a mushroom. They certainly weren't bad at all, but he missed being able to simply graze wherever he wanted to. This was one of the few edible things he had found in the caverns. What a hassle this whole cave thing was.

Image Credits

RE: take me through the pyramids - Africa - 02-19-2014

In recent nights; though in actual fact all time spent crowded en masse beneath the weight of the earth’s crust felt like one starless, moonless version of that, a wave of restlessness had swept through the cave-dwelling population. Whispers of unrest and malice had begun to swell through the feeble and brave-hearted alike, and groups had seemed visibly to separate from the main body huddled and wary. Africa had noticed the change too. She was a shrewd and perceptive character and had quite deliberately not allowed her guard to lower since the original descent. Unicorns straddled the walls; their unrivalled elitism unsettled her gravely, and she found more and more that she could not rest while their hostile gaze was present.

She slipped cautiously through the stone corridor that bound the Glowing Room (labelled by those who fed upon its strange beauty), to the first room in The Sanctuary; her star-spangled bonded rocking with parted wings atop the clenched switch of her pointed withers. They had been discussing the best they could give the still juvenile nature of their link, the prospect of civil unrest; of a mutiny or attack by those horned barbarians who she loathed so intensely. Silas had scoffed heartily, an attempt to quell her nervousness, but he too had spent time in the midst of the Basin many seasons ago. He knew well their lust for domination, and that they knew little mercy for those blocking the way. Although no other could penetrate the sensitive conversation, Africa had balked when one of those (possibly, it was hard to tell who had fallen out of the north while all were mixed together), had waltzed by. She had whirled from the room like a child from its punisher after the discovery of sin.

Her footfalls were careful and quiet, well-practiced by then to strike gently the damp surface of the rock which paved between chambers; and she entered the Glowing Room rapidly, passing one suspicious glance by her shoulder. Perhaps paranoia had stirred awake from its dormancy- Africa wasn’t sure, and certainly she did not feel so burdened like she had for so long. The weight of her treason had been shared with Midas; the guilt of untruth righted, and she genuinely felt far freer than she had for years- since even the first hours in Helovia. Her guarded creamy gaze swept between the underworld forest, admiring and examining all at once, the marvellous creation of their Gods- and those who lurked sinisterly between. For some time she stood by the door, indecisive and distrustful, but with a reassuring cluck from her Roc guardian, she moved forward- primarily towards one winged soul, because she felt comforted by his presence; his kinship.

As she approached, her eyes narrowed upon him, curious because there was something remotely familiar about his appearance.

Minding the feline creature that seemed to graze by his legs, the one-winged mare paused courteously to first introduce herself. "Hey there," A weak smile danced across dark, wrinkled lips before falling away as her voice reached towards him once more, "…do you mind if Silas and I join you both? I find the presence of the ‘horned’ unnerving when I’m alone." She was a gentle mind, and the expression wrapping through her pallid grey features was naturally transparent. Softly nostrils fluttered as they grasped their first taste of him through the swirling veil of humidity, and eagerly she stepped closer to the pair.

image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole <3

RE: take me through the pyramids - Note - 02-21-2014

[Image: 50ceb46754fc8]

'Someone's coming,' Sabel spoke through the bond. The lynx's sightless state of being wasn't a detriment to her way of life, for the cat's other senses were heightened. She could hear all that Note couldn't, smell horses and identify them from much farther distances than him, and so much more. With Note's sight, the pair was unstoppable in all their endeavors.
Note sighed lightly at the news. He didn't particularly feel like being accompanied by anyone today, unless it was Cheveyo. He would always long for her touch, no matter the circumstances. It was odd, for the pair barely knew each other, but he craved the painted warrior nonetheless.
The dusty bay stallion picked up his head as the new being drew near. He wasn't expecting anyone special to show up, and was desperate for it to be Cheveyo, but this mare was quite a sight. She was your ordinary gray pegasus, except for the fact that she only had one of the appendages signature to their breed. Feathers covered her mane, and the bird, Note guessed it was her companion, seemed a bit peculiar compared to your ordinary aves.
The mare seemed familiar, though Note was unable to place a name to her face. His ears pricked forward as he listened to the mare's greeting and simple question. She stepped forward, everything about the mare seeming positively gentle. It was strange, though. Note could not come up with a reason as to why anyone so kind would deserve to have their wing ripped from their body. Flight was the greatest gift a pegasus had. Pegasi were not made for walking on land their whole lives. They had wings for a reason, it was their choice as to whether or not they used the appendages, but it's an unforgivable action to take that right away. Obviously, the mare hadn't decided she was sick of her wings and pulled them out. If one was to do such a thing, it was certain that they would rip off both appendages and not just one. It would be foolish to do so. Someone or something had stolen the mare's ability to fly and it was not herself.
He lifted his head a bit, face emotionless although he was internally approving her distaste of the horned. Note was not judging the entire species, but he had met very few unicorns who weren't racist and out for pegasus blood. They would hunt the equines, too. It wasn't a just thing to do, Note thought. Perhaps the mare disliked the unicorns because they had ridden her of flight. It would make sense, it's the kind of ruthless act you would expect from a group as hostile as the racist horned.
"I don't mind," the stallion stated, "my name is Note, the lynx is my bonded, Sabel." The lynx purred at the sound of her name, letting out a soft mrrow of welcoming.
"I don't believe I caught your name," Note said, a small smile tugging at the edges of his ashen lips. He wasn't being hostile, but the stallion certainly wasn't being very inviting, either.

Image Credits