HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[P] young volcanoes [Destry, Egg discovery] - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [P] young volcanoes [Destry, Egg discovery] (/showthread.php?tid=13458)

young volcanoes [Destry, Egg discovery] - Azarel - 04-01-2014

Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
After the meeting with who apparently had been the Goddess of the Moon, I was on my way home, tired but with hope in my heart. The memory of Abishia lingered in the back of my head, making me smile. Her innocence, that still was there even after all that had happened, had made me forget about my visible and invisible scars and wounds. But her pushy personality had made me wonder if we really were just friends anymore. As I dragged my dark hooves through the snow, I parted my lips and quietly started to sing. "When Rome's in ruins, we are the lions free of the coliseums." I closed my eyes, slowed down and rose my head high, taking a deep breath before I continued. "In poison places, we are anti-venom, we're the beginning of the end." I felt the feelings inside of my build up the fire, my inner flames, and took off into a sudden gallop. My hooves raged through the snow while I sang, louder and louder. "Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds, and it's all over now before it has begun, we've already won."

As I got closer to the Hidden Falls Meadow, I slowed down and my voice got lower again, still speaking with the melody of my fiery heart. "We are wild, we are like young volcanoes, we are wild, Heloviana, exotica - do you wanna feel a little beautiful baby?" God, it felt good to sing. Why hadn't I done this before? I sighed and stopped, raising my head to look over the tiny Meadow. I was home again. And.. There was something over there. On the ground. With a raised 'brow, I slowly walked toward it and observed it while I was walking closer and closer to the oval thing. It was an orange egg, decorated with golden swirls all over it. With a low voice, I started singing again as I came closer to it. "Come on make it easy, say I never mattered, run it up the tree trunk.. We will teach you how to make boys next door out of assholes." I smiled and lowered my head to the ground, nudging the egg slightly. It didn't move, it just was there. 'Maybe I should take it?'

I nudged the egg some more before I lied down next to it, looking at it. A smile lurked on my pale lips as I thought about the song I had singed. Singing was a great stress relief apparently, because I felt much better now. Calmer, somehow. "Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds, and it's all over now before it has begun." I whispered, smiling a bit wider.
Happier than before, I rose my head high and called out, my voice clinging to the trees around me. "Destry! Where are you?" All I needed now was my sister. She needed to see this.

"Talking."

ooc: Azarel found the egg! :D Also, the song he sang was an edited version of "Young Volcanoes" by Fall Out Boy ;D
wordcount: 481
tags: @[Destry]

Table Code by Tamme || Picture by Sei

RE: young volcanoes [Destry, Egg discovery] - Destry - 04-06-2014

destry</style>
the moment of truth and the moment to lie
the moment to live and the moment to die
the moment to fight for what’s right</style>

I'm left to wander alone, barely knowing what to do or where to go. For a while now I had clung to the hope that maybe I could find a companion who would understand me more than anyone else, but the odds were never in my favor. It was always some child who took away my hopes, my dreams, crushed beneath the small hooves of children. That little grullo had taken away my rights to an egg, as had a little unicorn colt who had received an egg at the beach. I had no outlet to release my anger, my fear, nothing to keep me from going insane.

I mean really—

Look at my mother. She's lost herself. Ever since my father's death, there's been a different aura around her. Even Brother has changed. Speaking of— where is he?

Despite the constant pain of emotions brewing in my body, I still care for family. I still keep a constant eye on Azarel and Mother, always looking for them wherever I go. I'm not the biggest fan of staying in one place for a long time, so I usually only go to the Hidden Falls to check in on family. So far, they seemed to be well.

The familiar voice of Azarel's rings out, my name carried in the wind from his pale lips. Perking my ears, I set off to find him. Instead of walking, I decide to use my wings, which have grown weak from being trapped in the caverns. Lifting myself upwards of a few feet, I let the breeze blow me forward, letting the air flow around my wings, surging me upwards. Now above the Falls, I find the landscape being breathtakingly beautiful. The grass is transforming into a vibrant green, leaves on trees appearing in a deep green. The fall itself is beautiful, roaring wildly, leaving an echo within my head. A shimmering rainbow runs across the waterfall, a sign of spring, a sign of joy.

A familiar golden body catches my eye, sticking out against all the green. Dipping down, I stick out my muscular forelegs and prepare for landing. Large red hooves touch the earth, sparks jumping at the impact. I see Brother has something, a bright orange egg that pulls at my heartstrings. Even he has found a companion. I'm the only one in the family who's still alone, still struggling to find someone to share a piece of myself with. I offer a smile despite the heartache, showing pride in my ruby eyes.

"Hi brother," I step forward and reach over to rustle his dark forelock with my muzzle, showing that I still care for my brother. I was somewhat relieved to find him safe, with an egg to call his own. He was laying beside it, guarding it and whatever was inside. It brought both joy and shame to my heart as I looked down at him, dual-tone eyes scanning over his gold body. I was alone.

It was official now. I was completely, utterly alone.
"Talking"

ooc - | wordcount 515 | tags @[Azarel]

image by aling_ @ flickr.com
lyrics belongs to This Is War by 30 Seconds To Mars
(modified)</style>

RE: young volcanoes [Destry, Egg discovery] - Azarel - 04-09-2014

Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
I searched the blue sky above me for my sister for several minutes, a dark creature that I hadn't seen in a good while and missed. I missed my sister, a lot, and I felt bad for it because it was my own fault. I hadn't gotten to know Destry quite much yet, because I had only met her a few times in my year-long life so far. My gaze fell on the egg in front of me and I smiled, observing it. What could it be? An eagle? A dragon? A... I didn't get any further before a dark figure landed not so far away from me and walked towards me. I looked up, and smiled even wider. "Hi brother." "Sis!" I called out and laughed quietly when she stretched her neck to ruffle my long forelock. Quickly, I got up on all four - swaying for a few seconds because I got up too fast - and then looked over my sister. She was so beautiful.
My older sister was much slimmer than me in build and coated in dark dark purple instead of gold, and she had wings and a horn. I envied her, to be honest. I envied her wings, her beautiful body, her everything. I wanted to be her, but I knew that I never could be that. Nobody could be Destry better than Destry herself.

"Des, we have to see each other more often. What are you even doing nowadays? Why aren't you following Mother and me?" I tilted my head and looked at her, observing her closely. If she hadn't been my sister, I would've fallen in love with her. But I had morals. Nobody should fall in love with their sibling or any family member, but maybe that was just me.
My gaze became softer and I walked closer to her to embrace her in a hug before I took a step back again. "I have missed you, sister." My dark voice almost breathed out the words, each with a soft cling. "I am never leaving you ever again." I whispered, smiling at her.

The adult in me then disappeared and was replaced by the excited colt. "Hey, look what I found by the way!" I glanced down at the necklace around my neck, then the egg and then back at Destry. "I found the necklace in a pond around here, and it's weird because it had three charms from the beginning. A red star, a purple lightning bolt and one with three connected orange flames." I then glanced at the orange egg again. "And I found this. What do you think it is? I think it's an eagle. Or a dragon because dragons lay eggs too, right?"

"Talking."

ooc: Sorry for taking so long!
wordcount: 454
tags: @[Destry]

Table Code by Tamme || Picture by Sei