HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change (/showthread.php?tid=15604)

Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Sohalia - 09-09-2014

Sohalia

The angel flew, soaring out of a setting Sun, perching delicately on the clouds set afire by His light; her ivory pelt reflected the myriad colors of the evening sky. Red and orange and pink and purple danced across her features, refining the lines of her face and highlighting the fierce pride that was present in her eyes.

She was proud of her herd, proud of her family, and most of all, proud of herself. The feeling had blossomed with the acquisition of the dragons that prowled along her brow, twining with her silken mane until the circlet was a part of her. It had grown then, as she was accepted by the herd and acclaimed by the Sultana with whom she shared the throne; and, finally, it had flourished under the loving gaze of the WildFire, who had blessed her not only with his devotion (as far as he could give it) but also with new life.

Her stomach was round and full, the skin stretched taut as she flew carefully toward the island. She had progressed beyond the stage of simply looking as though she could stand to remove clover form her diet and into the glowing beauty of full pregnancy. It truly was lovely on the form of the petite dove, who beamed with pride any time anyone mentioned her growing belly.

She landed carefully on a particularly flat stretch of meadow surrounded by blooming cherry trees. The pink blossoms lent a sweet scent to the breeze, and she took a moment to enjoy the warmth of the Sun's last rays. It was not as cold on Caela Insula as it was on the mainland, for the island was god-touched, insulated by a magic far greater than anything she had ever known. The pristine landscape was one that she had come to enjoy immensely, particularly as the days below grew shorter and colder, reminding them all of the coming Frostfall.

After a moment, the Sultana lowered her head to the emerald grasses swaying beneath her feet, deciding to take advantage of the moment alone to graze. Her teeth cropped the grass and she chewed thoughtfully, basking in the glory of the god-place and the warmth and the peace of it all, reminiscing on the glory of the last several weeks and the absolute joy that had encompassed her.

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

[OOC | This thread is pre-birth, as I didn't quite get around to doing a lot with her between conception and BABIES. But I wanted to show off pregnant Soh, so here she is! Open to any and all. :) ]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Adelric - 09-13-2014

The half-child still wanders the island in search of his mother, waiting for his sister to come find him, so that they can announce that they have left the Falls and are relocating to somewhere… more suited to them. Maybe. The pensive child frowns, pondering. Why is it so easy to leave the woman he loves, the woman who has raised him since birth, who has guided him and nurtured him? Why is it so easy for him to walk away? The image of his sister flashes through his mind, followed a much blurrier and abstract image that he presumes to be Erebos- products of his cervid’s steady, quiet mind.

I know, he thinks to the beast, whom he has realized can hear him, but can only respond with feelings and hazy images. Reaching to the side, he touches his nose to the deer’s shoulder, thinking him for the reminder. He must stay with his sister, no matter what pain it causes him to leave his mother. He must stay with her because he has to protect her, and she has to protect him, and because they are twins- two halves of a whole- and without one another they will be broken in this world.

But you are also half of me, the child thinks to the deer. Does that mean I am only a quarter? But he doesn’t mind being a quarter if it means that he gets to spend the rest of his life with Tobias at his side. As he walks towards the setting sun, his path is blocked by one very heavy pegasus that lands before him. Instantly, his mind wanders back to Aurelia and all the others that had been around her and he frowns. All of them pegasi, and he hadn’t liked a single one. But a gentle push from the cerndyr at his side causes him to approach this woman anyway, to challenge the idea he has come to believe to be true- that all pegasi are nothing but trouble.

So slow he approaches, yellow and green eye both trained on the large belly that presses out from the pegasus’ side, and he says the first thing comes to mind- a query, of course. “Why do you want a child?” And though he is young, and clearly much smaller than the woman with wings, he can’t help but have some disdain in his voice- disdain for the child that will be born and ruin his mother’s life, cause everyone pain, and then leave her crying. But there is also apprehension in his voice. He only waits for the pegasus to say something cold or terrible to him. After all, he’s yet to meet one that hasn’t been rude to him.
Adelric
A storyteller makes up things to help other people;
a liar makes up things to help himself.
x - x

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Sohalia - 09-13-2014

Sohalia

"Why do you want a child?"

The voice, when it came, surprised the dove; she lifted her cranium from its lowered position, her bi-colored orbs falling upon the small form of a unicorn colt. He was covered from head to hoof in varying shades of brown, his rump a brilliant white speckled with russet. His eyes, like hers, were two-toned, and something in them reminded her of herself at his age: too old for the youth that bore them, having seen too much in too short a time - or perhaps it was only the melancholy that accompanied a normal adolescent persona from time to time. She could not be sure, nor did she intend to ask.

In any case, she considered him thoughtfully for a moment. Why in Helovia's name he would ask such a strange question was beyond her, but the oddity of the query was not enough to deter her from answering. After all, she believed quite firmly in education, wherever she chose to take herself, and this chance meeting on a quiet afternoon was no different than any other. He was curious - for reasons that she could not fathom, perhaps, but did it matter, in the end? - and that was quite enough for the angel.

But what to say? How could she possibly explain the unconditional love of a mother for her child? How could she share the intimacy of the relationship between a mother and a father, to want to bring a child into the world? And what would she say when the colt asked her why it wasn't always that way - why a child could be fatherless, or motherless, or both? What was she to say when faced with the question of abandonment? How would she, a lone pegasus mare in a myriad of faces and names and concepts, show this colt how beautiful children were, how unique the experience of raising them, how unequivocal her love was?

"Everyone wants a child for a different reason," she said finally. "I want to give the world the best of myself and of my mate. I want to show the world unconditional love. I want to be a better mare, and children tend to bring out the best in me." She smiled slightly, her eyes kind. "I suppose it's quite selfish, isn't it?"

"Above all, though, I want to bring life into this world. Life is light, and the world could always use a little more of that."

"Talk talk talk."
@[Sevin]

Sohalia

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Adelric - 09-14-2014

He looks at the dove of a mare, noticing the two different color orbs that she sees from. He used to think it was a plague- another reason that he was just half a whole- but Ophelia had told him otherwise. Genetics. She had claimed one eye from her father and one from her mother. The half-child had come to find that this was true. His mother’s green and his father’s yellow… one of each was his. It was rather disappointing, honestly, to find this his scientific query had such a bland answer.

Almost as disappointing, the child finds, as the answer he is given. The gentle frown that he wears remains while the angel speaks. Everyone wants a child for a different reason, she claims, and instantly the child is thinking of his mother, of his father he has just met, the father he had placed on a pedestal, the father who told him straight to his face that he raped his mother. The cerndyr balks slightly as his mind is flooded with overwhelming emotion. Adelric does not know whether to be enraged, relieved that he now knows why he makes his mother so sad, or something else.

In the end, he decides on sorrow. What does it even feel like to be born to the perfect family he has imagined for so long? Clearly the brat inside this pegasus will know. The only love he has even known has been as broken as he is.

“And what if your child doesn’t fit into your perfect world?” he asks. Rude? Maybe, but he’s tired of being perfect for everyone, of being quiet and meager and trying to fit in. He has his sister, he has his friend Erebos and he has Tobias. What else does he need? Or maybe he’s just losing his sense of self in this world without a mother to guide him and a father who talked about rape as though it were the most natural thing in the world.

Then quieter… softer… he adds something else, as Tobias butts up against his shoulder, the pensive stag reminding the young child to be himself and not some monster that he thinks he has to be to fit in with Zunden and Krieger. “What if he can’t fit in?”

@[Rayo]
Adelric
x - x

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Blythe - 09-14-2014

BLYTHE AMAYA
WE LIVE IN CITIES YOU'LL NEVER SEE ON SCREEN,
NOT VERY PRETTY BUT WE SURE KNOW HOW TO RUN THINGS.

» "Then you love him anyway, and support him in the direction he seeks." Blythe bit her tongue, knowing she had become uncommonly rude by bursting forth into the conversation, but she could not help it. The feeling of flight, the wind blowing by her ears in great gusts as she rode her way to the top of this island, made her bolder. She had always been admonished at home for her childish insolence, but her family thought she would outgrow it. Sadly, she could not quite rule her tongue with the discretion she wished she could. Still, it was the advice she would give her own children, some day. Unconditional love was important between mother and child; she would know, her own father had left her behind as a child and the gaping hole was still felt. "Begging your pardons, I couldn't help but overhear your conversaation."

» she had seen the heavily pregnant mare and wished to inquire as to her feelings, though the coltine had beaten her there. She didn't know much of pregnancy through her own experience, but had seen many a cousin and sibling be born in her childhood home. That was before the dark days though, before she was a lost princess, before the wars started and her own herd was captured. The ache in her jaw was enough to bring her back to the day, feeling the teeth rips deep into her skull and come away with her face. He had eaten it. Muscle, and skin, and fur - all at once, she watched her cheek disappear down his throat. Left to run. Left to die. She cringed inwardly, looking first towards the pegasi then the colt and offered each a bow in turn. "Blythe Amaya." She realizes that neither has yet to offer their names but finds it only polite to speak hers after such an intrusion. She had met no others in this land, besides sweet Rei whom had greeted her at the Threshold and offered her passage to the lands in which she resided in hopes Blythe may find a place with the leaders there. She had little skills other than a soft heart and gentle demeanor. Rei had talked of magic, and flight, and love - all of which sounded grand but so far from Blythe's reach. Flight was found during the passage to this floating mass, but magic and love were not her strong points. She found it easy enough to believe in both, but did not hold the belief that they would find her anytime soon. Her silver banned flicked over her chocolate rump in thought, glancing at the opposing mare first before offering another piece of knowledge to the young stallion, this one from her own experience. "And if the child cannot find the support from outside of himself, they must look within to find the strength. We are all much stronger than we believe."

@[Rayo]

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Sohalia - 09-16-2014

Sohalia

There was no such thing as perfection in the world, of which the Transcended was painfully aware. There was far too much darkness: senseless murders, unexplained abandonment, unwarranted prejudices - indeed, everywhere she looked, it seemed that there was one more reason to lose faith in the world and those who inhabited it. And that would be the easy choice, wouldn't it? To give in to the pain and anger and resentment, to allow the melancholy of the universe to settle on one's shoulders and slowly crush one's life... yes, that would be easy.

But she had striven to avoid just that fate. Her life had been far from perfect, had not even been particularly happy for a very long time. She had loved and lost, been left alone in the world more times that she could count. Her family and closest friend had been murdered; her faith in the Gods and in equus-kind had been tried and tested and almost failed. But, in the end, here she was, braving the storm, refusing to allow the unfortunate circumstances with which she had been faced dictate her life. She was stronger than that.

The dove was about to reply when a voice cut through the air. Though she agreed with the speaker's assertion, she could not help but disapprove of the way the stranger had thought to interrupt the conversation. The sadness in the colt was so thick it was almost tangible, and she was sure that she could help cheer him, if only she were given the chance, and she wasn't sure if the newcomer could assist her in that regard. Still, Blythe Amaya (as she gave her name) seemed to speak genuinely and without malice, and so the angel relaxed, opting to give her the benefit of the doubt. She smiled and nodded. "Blythe Amaya speaks the truth, sweetling. A parent ought to support his or her child, no matter what. My name is Sohalia, by the way," she added as an afterthought, her orbs flickering to the other mare.

The small deer accompanying the colt butts against him, and the dove is suddenly very much aware of her own companion, resting carefully on her withers. -Sad boy,- Astraeus commented silently, his golden eyes resting on the youngling. -Why?- His bonded mentally sighed, her heart clenching uncomfortably. It is difficult to see the good, sometimes, shekhikhi. But that does not mean it is not there. "My companion would like to know why you are so sad, youngling," she states softly, her eyes soft and kind, her tone welcoming. "Is there anything we can do to help you?"

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Translations ::
shekhikhi | my light, a pet name commonly used for children (or, in this case, a companion)

Sohalia

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Adelric - 09-19-2014

A new voice joins the conversation and the half-child turns to see who it is that has interrupted their converse. What he finds is a mare as black as the first mare is white, offering him promises of love and support. He’s not so sure he’ll find this support she speaks of when the time comes for him to face his mother, to tell her what he is doing, but she seems to be confident in her opinions and, interestingly, he finds that he doesn’t like her arrogant assurance. What makes her think that she is right? She knows nothing of him or what he is going through, where he has been or where he is going. But while he doesn’t like her first statement, he thinks her second one is much more interesting, and perhaps even more relevant considering his bond with the cervid. Perhaps you are my strength within, he thinks to the beast.

Sweetling. The sound draws him from his internal dialogue and he looks back to the Transcended. “Adelric,” he murmurs in response to her name, though he isn’t terribly interested in names. He will keep them, store them, if he can, but it matters not to him if he remembers them. He only needs a handful of names- Kiara, Zunden, Erebos, Krieger, Tobias.

But the angel speaks again and this time the half-child shifts uncomfortably, the questions becoming his to answer, the secrets becoming his to share. He is uncomfortable in this position. His worries are not worthy of such consideration. And, even if they were, does he really want to share them? He, who had dreamed of a whole and complete family, actually has a broken and shattered one. He, who had placed his father on a pedestal and dreamed of the great steed, has a monster for a dad. He, who has dedicated to learning the truth about the mysteries of life, is going to tell a lie to his mother. Are these things he wants, or is willing, to share? He doesn’t know and so for a while he stays pensively silent, gaze shifting to the ground.

“I have to hurt my mother in order to make myself happy,” he finally decides, in as cryptic a manner as he can manage. “And I don’t know if someone who was a monster once can be anything else.” With a sidelong glance at the strange waterfalls flowing over the side of the mountain, fed by water from an invisible source, the child adds, “I want to learn so much, but the secrets of the land are hidden so deep.” Yes, perhaps his troubles are mild, but the child is young and they weigh heavy on his growing shoulders.

@[Rayo]
Adelric
x - x

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Blythe - 09-23-2014

BLYTHE AMAYA

» blythe flipped her forelock so it more fully covered the gash across her cheek, the oozing mess not fit to be seen by the general public. It ached slightly but the pain remained rather manageable, though she knew that the sight of it was unappealing to those around her. Her auds flicked back and forth between the mare and coltine, noting how she was brought into the conversation, but barely. She chastised herself internally, having brought herself into a meeting of which she had no right. This infernal tongue. She bit it softly, as if the addition of pressure would allow her to hold it in check from wagging itself loosely any more. She instead tried to focus her mind on listening intently to the words passing between the two, gathering her thoughts in her mind before she would allow them passage over her pastel muscle. It was difficult for her, her young mind still exuberant with her own thoughts, beliefs, but it was only polite. This, she knew, was a situation that required a bit more finesse than her years could offer, the mare too often ruled by emotion, than thought.

» she was trying, with difficulty, to think of some semblance of wisdom to impart upon the coltine but his speech left her without. Can monsters change? Yes, she knew they could. Thanatos..., her mind sighed softly, a tender fondness tugging at the name that was burned within her memory. He had been a dark, evil creature, but he had changed upon meeting her. Or maybe it wasn't herself who had been the turning point, but instead the end to a long process. Either way, he had forsaken his alliances, and lost his life as a result. She couldn't bring it forth in her heart to forgive those that had passed the judgment, and she doubted she ever would. "Monsters never have to stay that way." Her voice was softer than it had been before, eyes trained on some distant point as she drew the dark stallion's face up in her mind. Traitor? Was that what they called him? How could one be a traitor for making a choice for themselves? She glanced quickly the the colt with concern in her eyes, wondering if he too could meet the same fate for following his own path. "Our paths are not set in stone, nor are they laid before we walk them." No, our paths, our labels, are what we leave behind, aren't they? She offered the child a smile to lighten her words, hoping that even her limited experience could provide the child some use.

@[Rayo]

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Sohalia - 09-28-2014

Sohalia

She listened, and her heart ached for the colt, for she found something in his vague story that resonated within her own heart. Was this how Skysong had felt, before she had left the Dragon's Throat? Had this youngling's mother held him so tightly that he could no longer bear her protective embrace? Was he fleeing his mother as her own daughter had once fled?

A deep, resounding sadness settled in her breast, a heaviness that she simply could not lift. Astraeus, riddled with confusion at the sudden downward shift in his bonded's thoughts, crooned softly, a background to the colt's cryptic words. Good mother, he insisted through their bond, adamant and stubborn - but he had only known her since she had grown. Her first pair of twins had been a disaster from the start, with Diniel stillborn and Skysong kept too close to heel. The dove had been weaker then, and afraid, and it had broken not only her, but her family as well. Astraeus did not - could not - possibly understand what that meant, the burden it had left within her soul.

Blythe Amaya offered her own words of encouragement, having softened her tone over the course of the meeting to become an almost pleasant presence. The angel, not one to judge by first impressions, gave her a small smile full of approval before turning her attention once more to the colt. "Sweet Adelric," she sighed, sadness evident in her orbs. "I have a daughter who, I think, went through much what you are going through now. She left my herd, left my family, left me - all without ever saying goodbye - to pursue her own interests. She hurt me, it is true - but if the price of her happiness is my pain, then I will bear it willingly. All I want in this life is for my children to be happy, and I am sure this is the case with your mother, too."

She paused to sigh again, casting her bi-colored gaze to the skies, taking a moment to blink the sudden tears away. If she could do anything, say anything, to soothe the youngling's tormented soul, she would do it. "If it is learning that you seek, come to the Dragon's Throat. You may ask for me, and I will see to it that you are given a position as a student in our Academy. The land will always have its secrets, as will its inhabitants - but perhaps, by facing them together, we will find the answers to our demons."

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Adelric - 10-04-2014

The mind of the young colt does not bother to think how Blythe might be feeling about the lack-luster welcome he has offered her. He is young and, as a child, rather self-absorbed in his own thoughts and worries. But beyond that, by design, he is aloof and distant, unable to be the social butterfly that situations like these require. He does not know how to look at her and smile, encouraging her to come closer, to be friendlier. His mother taught him many things, but none of them were social skills. At least she does not seem to suffer the same severe social ineptitudes that he does.

And here, for the first time as she speaks, the half-child finds himself truly intrigued by the words of those around him. Even Tobias stops his bored gaze around the island to rest his attention on Blythe. Thoughts churn in his young mind, tendrils of thought trying to reach out and wrap themselves around the idea of free will and whether or not a path was laid out for them already. He did not know what he really thought about it and trying to figure it out on his own rapidly was proving more than difficult. In the end, he decides to allow the black mare to sort it out for him, in his own sort of way. “And where would you be if your path had been laid out and set it stone?”

But his thoughts are interrupted by coos from the Transcended and nicknames he’s not sure he is worthy or approving of. Sweet? he queries to Tobias, who grunts softly but has no real explanation for the title. Still, he listens and in the end he nods to her, thanking her for her story and wondering if his own mother will be so understanding. And he thinks she will be, because she is as beautiful and perfect as any mother could be, but it pains him to know that he will still hurt her. And will she be sad like this mare is now when she thinks of him?

Ah, the life is full of emotional turmoil for the half-child, and he is confused about it all, but his previously aloof and disinterested demeanor suddenly changes when the pretty woman mentions an academy. What rapture shows on his face and lights his bi-hued eyes. Think of it, Tobias, he demands, and the cervid sends him a series of unintelligible images in response, but the general emotion in the bond is as much excitement as Adelric himself feels. “An academy… What do you study?” His voice is brighter than they have heard thus far, and his gaze bounces contentedly now between the two mares. Oh, just think what Zunden will think!

@[Rayo]
Adelric
x - x

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Blythe - 10-05-2014

BLYTHE AMAYA

» Poor child. Blythe couldn't help but let the thought enter her mind, violet eyes surveying the boy softly as he took in her words. He seemed to think on them for a moment, before turning them around upon the chocolate mare, making her cringe slightly. Where would she be if she had chosen to follow the path others were forcing on her? She mused while the pale mare spoke, allowing one ear to capture her words while her oculars remained focused on the child, gauging his reactions and musing upon her own thoughts. Sohalia's offer was just what the child needed, a home and a purpose. The mention of the Dragon's Throat caught her attention, remember the invitation that she had received to the same land from Rei a few days earlier. It was the only home that she had heard of so far, and she wondered if even more of these caring individuals made it their home. So far she had heard nothing but the best from these members of the Dragon's Throat, and it made her almost long for such a land. The coltine surely seemed excited at the prospect, his voice betraying him.

Blythe was curious what was studied in the land, but she had yet to answer the child's question from moments earlier. She flicked her tiara to the side, displaying the festering wound that left her cheek a mass of hollowed out flesh. She couldn't tell exactly how badly it looked, but if the dull ache gave any indication of how the would was healing - it was not doing well. She should be worried over the gash, but she could not find it in herself to think too deeply upon it. Thinking about the stallion that had ripped into her cheek brought about waves of intermingled regret and loneliness, remembering her former herd members that had decided that following a path laid out for them by another was better than fighting for their own. "I would be a slave to another, or dead." She offered a kind smile despite the morbid words, violet eyes holding no grudge toward the one that had made her face this way. "There will always be those that try to subject you to their own ideals, but you must decide that your own are worth a fighting chance. She shifted her head so her locks would fall back across her ailing cheek, hoping that her answer would be enough for the boy.
@[Rayo]

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Sohalia - 10-11-2014

Sohalia

The dove wondered if her words had gotten through to the melancholy colt who reminded her so strongly of her own unpleasant past. Though recently titled, 'Transcended' and raised to the throne, she was not always so sure of her place there. After all, what had she done to earn her position, save providing her herd with an undying loyalty and her best attempts at protection, however weak they may have been? But somewhere, somehow, underneath it all, the God of the Sun had seen fit to grant her a crown. To give her the position and the ability to be the change in the world, to create a legacy that would truly make a difference.

Oh, she could see it now! They would be the talk of the land, with their newly-founded Academy (but it wasn't really about that, was it?). Students would come from far and wide to learn, to grow, to become the future leaders of their world. She could mold them, guide them, teach them; she could dispel any moral ambiguity founded by their misguided homelands, could show them the beauty of a land that could be at peace, could encourage them to embrace teamwork and cooperation instead of spreading discord and hatred. It would be beautiful.

It was something that the Dragon's Throat could be proud of.

So wrapped up was she in her enthusiasm that the angel very nearly missed Blythe Amaya's brief explanation; mentally shaking herself, she glanced toward the fae in time to notice the bright gash across her cheek. She hissed in sympathy. "You simply must get someone to look at that!" she scolded gently, her vocals laced with concern. "Please, it's very important that your wound doesn't become infected! We have healers, and they would be pleased to assist you if you've nowhere else to go."

And though she itched to get the poor girl the help that she needed, the Transcended could not leave the colt without trying to persuade him that the world was not entirely evil, and all was not yet lost in his young life. "Healing," she added, glancing his way, "Is one of the many arts that our Academy will teach. Imagine, Adelric - all of the knowledge of Helovia, contributed by the entirety of the herds and the outcasts, all in one place and just ripe for the picking! Whatever wisdom you seek - be it fighting, or magic, or history - anything you desire, we aim to provide it. Please," she implored eagerly, "Consider joining us."

"Talk talk talk."
@[name]

Sohalia

RE: Reasons Like Seasons, They Constantly Change - Adelric - 10-22-2014

The half-child dutifully listens as Blythe responds to his rather rude demand of her; if he is rude, at least he offers his attentions to those he has demanded information of. Pondering what sort of history could have left her enslaved or dead, the half-child then tries to imagine his own future. Where will he be; what choices will his decisions lead him to? Capture and enslavement, torture and death, education and learning? There are many options laid out before him, many ways he can go… The ideas finally bring a smile to his previously bland face. He can be happy, it just takes some encouragement.

As for whether he has seen the open flesh on her cheek or not… it is up for debate, as he has paid little attention to it until the Transcended mentions it now. Heterochromatic eyes shift to her cheek but his smile does not fade. He has recently found that the moribund and macabre excite and interest him. What does not interest him is the motherly concern that Sohalia is showing. Has the white mare made it her mission in life to be kind to everything? Had he a brow to raise, it certainly would have been.

But in the end, he cannot be annoyed with the pretty woman who has offered him promises of knowledge that he has not yet gained on his own. So instead he turns to her when she has finished speaking and nods his head. “I’ll come,” he says decidedly, thoughts drifting to Zunden. He will have to tell her of what she has learned. She will certainly be interested in education in the arts of war. Absently, the colt bobs his head a few times to each of the women, but his mind is already elsewhere and he has turned to go, Tobias standing to watch the two women for a moment before turning and leaving himself, trailing after his boy in silent stoicism.

@[Rayo]
Adelric
x - x