HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time (/showthread.php?tid=15739)

You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - Morphine - 09-24-2014

M O R P H I N E

Following a half concealed path, that only existed because of the trampled on fallen leaves and hoof prints that had been etched into the earth, Morphine eyed a foal concealing itself behind a large burning bush. The phantom eyed the child with an intense interest, a wicked smirk spreading across her mug. Every fiber of her being was telling her to rip the little thing to pieces. It hadn’t been that long since the mare had tasted blood on her lips but she was much too tired to play any games. This would be too easy. The perfect high. All at once the foal’s mother appeared from out of the brush, giving a brief smile and nod towards the phantom. Morphine nodded back inky black orbs fixated on the mare’s spiraling horn affixed to the top of her crown. Sigh It was a good thing she fought her predispositions or she may have been skewered a top that mare’s head like a kabob! This world had become such a disappointment or maybe she was just not as patient as she used to be. Deprivation had a way of doing that.

Continuing on her journey to nowhere, she floated down the treacherous path. The air smelt of young rain and the clouds looked heavy with water. She laughed at herself, cursing her luck, before she stumbled upon the mouth of a small cave. All of Morphine’s senses were activated as she moved slowly around towards its entrance. It was much larger than it had looked from behind the shrubbery and wasn’t very deep but it would keep her from getting wet. Dull light filtered in from the outside, casting a warm glow a few meters into its depths. The mare looked like a ghost, glowing in the darkness of the cavern. Here and there small patches of moss grew, decorating the slate grey with splashes of bright green. It was quite beautiful and it reminded her of a home she once had.

The phantom relaxed in the shadows of the grotto, where she was comforted by the darkness so black it put night to shame. With the storm rolling in, the winds howled and whistled beheading the tops of trees and hurling leaves and dead braches toward the ground. While the storm continued to brew it dared all to come fourth and tackle it’s extreme but Morphine wasn’t entirely without good senses. The rain began to pour, streams of liquid running down the entrance and pooling around the mare’s flints, creeping into the crevices of rock and seeping into the moss. Silently the phantom watched, her tongue tickling her ivories, tail sweeping gallantly side to side.

As she stood, her mind began to process everything that had happened since the last time she had met with the dark king. She couldn’t bear to let him see her as a mutant. No, she became the very thing they both despised. Onyx orbs maintained their watchfulness, while Morphine shifted, swinging her hindquarters around, ears swiveling with her movement. The phantom was on the lookout. Deciding it was best to look more like a lost little angel and less like a bloodthirsty psychopath, a very innocent look crept across her face and she waited like a damsel in distress, in desperate need of a savior. Although she was quite the opposite, this was just a game to her and her number one defense.

tags: --
ooc notes: --
words: 565

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - Gull - 09-24-2014

GULL
trouble just grew wings

Cabin fever. It does things to your head, man! You’d have thought that you would be used to getting by in small spaces—after all, you’ve got to get pretty cozy with everyone else when you’re growing up on a glorified rock in the middle of the ocean—but the floating island that hovered to the south was something else. Maybe it was because you weren’t exactly fighting for survival up there, or maybe it was because you hadn’t found the right buddies to stir up trouble with, but that place had you feeling downright insane…and not in a good way. You’d hauled your smooth grey butt off of that cherry-scented wonderland as soon as the sun came up. You needed a real adventure!

Unfortunately for you, it looks like you’re going to have to take a rain check. The heavy clouds you spotted on the distant horizon this morning are now rolling in fast, full-bellied with rain and looking ready to burst. The air around you seems to thicken, then thrums with a far-off peal of thunder. Unless you want to become a flying target for some playful bolt of lightning, you’d better land.

Grumbling, you touch down in a forest clearing, and immediately your eyes dart to the shadows. So many trees in one place are new to you, and you are still made uneasy by their seemingly incessant groaning and creaking—not to mention the potential predators that lurk in this strange place and the absolute lack of space to fly. Not that you’re scared, you’re just…aware. Ears flitting backwards and forwards, you march into the woods. There’s got to be a nice, open space somewhere ahead; it’s just the balance of nature!

But an hour later, you’ve had no such luck. The rain is really coming down hard now, lashing your dusty hide and running down your face. Your tangled mane now lies in long, bedraggled streaks over your neck and withers, and your tail has essentially turned into a mop for the forest. It’s probably not the best look for you, but hey, you can deal—except for the fact that your wings are soaked, and if you don’t get them dry soon, flying’s going to be out of the question when this all lets up. If there’s nothing you hate more than unicorns, being landlocked comes in a close second. Unable to bear the thought of being left stranded on the ground, you begin to search for shelter. The big trees are immediately ruled out; you don’t have much experience with the woods during a thunderstorm, but boy, have you learned a lot in the past hour. Learning by experience is one thing; learning because you almost got smoked under a pine half an hour ago is another!

When you see the cave, you don’t give it much of a second thought. You smell no strange animals (and unfortunately, you don’t stop to consider that the rain would make that impossible), so you duck under the entrance without hesitation…and come face to face with an angel. The surprise is comically evident on your face, as your blue eyes take her in, growing laughably round. “Now where have you been all of my life?” you mutter, half to yourself, half to her. Maybe this rainy day isn’t so disastrous after all…you could do with a little staying in, if you know what you mean.

@[Morphine]

OOC: Hope you don't mind that my big ol' butthead dropped in c;

text
"speech"

Image Credits

RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - Morphine - 09-25-2014

M O R P H I N E

“Oh who me?! Surely not. I – I -I’m just a terrified mare, who is completely lost!!” Morphine cried her words laced with bewitching charm. Raising her crown to the newcomer she concocted emotions of faux anxiety and disbelief. The ghost had to play the part after all. It wouldn’t be too convincing if a look of contempt washed over her face. The phantom’s onyx eyes traced over the stallion before her, she noted their own similarities which brought her comfort, and the lack of a horn was a definite plus. However, she couldn’t help but tally up just how much he paled in comparison to her dark King.

The Moonwashed vixen sighed, shaking her crown from side to side. ”I’m sorry I just lost my mate…I’m a bit lonely.” Her words once again were dripping with feminine charm, the vix’s sly tongue brewing it’s stories and fantasies so convincing it would be hard for anyone to doubt their credibility. The ghost stood quietly, sadistic thoughts warming her mind, twisting and turning them into a plan. One could not see through her devilish disguise, for a lone tear trickled down her right eye. She wanted desperately to play a little game, with this cocky fool but murder was not first on her to do list; she had other ideas in mind for this brute. He could be extremely beneficial to her. This world was just as different as the place she had come from. He could show her the ropes, offer her protection.

Her daggers sat, planted firmly in the mud, inky black orbs tracing over his painted coat. The phantom was indeed a sight to behold. Like a ghost she could glide through the landscape unseen by all but able to seduce any. Her crown arched in a seductive manner, her twisted brain churning with its wicked schemes, she was dying to carryout. Morphine had hoped the stranger’s eyes would travel to her dampened bodice and curvy frame. “What brings you out here? I can’t imagine it is fun flying in this weather?” She asked nonchalantly lyrical tones disintegrating into the oxygen filled abyss. The rain was letting up now, though the thunder still rolled in the distance, lightening flickering now and again. Lucid optics roamed his chassis once more; crown now level with his, she didn't make an effort to hide her inquisitive behavior. "You’ve got a really nice body….." The flirtatious words snapped at the space between them. She needed to feed his ego, make him forget about anything else. Make him think she really was scared for being so alone and helpless in this new world. Mind games. Floating around, the ghost circled the stallion now, obsidian pools eyeing him up and down. Ever so lightly she would brush up against him, just close enough so he could feel her warmth. “My name is Morphine, pleasure to meet you.” She purred. One never would have guessed the venom that lurked inside of her.

tags: @[Gull] --
ooc notes: I'm sorry this sucks!! Dx
words: 502

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - Gull - 09-25-2014

GULL
trouble just grew wings

As your vision adjust to the darkness, your eyes slowly begin to take in more and more of the shadowy figure before you. A few moments and some rapid blinking reveals that she’s a well-built pegasus mare, about your height, and grey as a whitecap on an errant wave. From large white wings sprout feathers that closely resemble those tied into your mane, but when she speaks, she does not remind you of your mother at all. “Oh, who? Me? Surely not. I-I-I’m just a terrified mare who is completely lost!” she cries. Ma’s voice was gentle and weary; hers is girlish…and you don’t know if you’re imagining things, but is it a little husky? Not in a bad way. In an inviting way. A low nicker of appreciation rumbles in your throat. Mmmm, mmmm.

A second later when it hits you that she just lost her mate, you realize how terribly insensitive you must look. You may not be the most well-mannered guy out there, but loss is something that you do understand. It’s a hard world, y’know? And while you do feel genuinely sorry for the girl, you’re not quite sure if it would be a buzzkill to stop and apologize. Awkwardly, you wind up tongue-tied as the internal battle rages. If you say you’re sorry, you could end up talking about her feelings for the rest of the night. If you don’t, she might get upset anyway. Neither option is exactly ideal. And should you not be hitting on her if her mate just keeled over? You mean, no disrespect to the dead guy, but this girl is not one that should go to waste!

Luckily for you, the lady changes the subject before you can say anything. “What brings you out here? I can’t imagine it is fun flying in this weather?” she asks. Not that small talk is any better than dead mates, because you’re still distracted—is she checking you out? You catch her eyes scanning your frame, and you can’t help but arch your neck and try to flex without moving—yeah she is. Take it all in, you think, that’s right. Yea—Oh! Suddenly it hits you that she asked a question. “Um,” you sputter, “Yeah, it’s…uh, rainy. Thought I’d better get out of the sky before I got hit by lightning, y’know?” Mentally, you kick yourself. This girl is looking you up and down, and this is all you’ve got? And then it comes to you—hits you like a both of lightning, if you will. “What about you?” you ask, watching her out of the corner of your eye, a stupid little grin tugging at the corners of your mouth, “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?” Immensely pleased with yourself, you snort a little at the pick-up line, raising your wings to shake the water off.

Little did you know that your shimmying would pay off. “You’ve got a really nice body,” the mare remarks, her voice practically a purr in the darkness. Abruptly, you stop the wet dog act. Did she just say what you think she said? But it can’t be just your imagination, because now she’s circling you, brushing her warm, dry hide against your wet skin. You shiver at her touch, head spinning. Is this really happening? Is this how it’s going to go down? With a total stranger in a cave? She seems so sure, so confident; meanwhile, you’re struggling to contain yourself. Are you aroused? You bet. But you also have no idea what you’re doing—this has never happened to you before! “My name is Morphine, pleasure to meet you,” the mare whispers, passing you again. “Gull,” you reply, and it takes everything you have to keep it together. “Name’s Gull. And I…and it’s nice to meet you too.”

@[Morphine]

OOC: Oh. My. Word. Gull's losing his mind haha.

text
"speech"

Image Credits

RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - Morphine - 09-29-2014

M O R P H I N E

Well, I’m glad you chose to seek shelter. I’d hate to see you fried by lightening! What a terrible waste that would be….” and what a gigantic lie Morphine spewed. Seeing the stallion struck by lightning would actually be quite amusing. The phantom’s thoughts wandered to visions of a charred Pegasus carcass, before she quickly swept them away. She could not break character here. No, it was important to stay focused, regardless of how badly she wanted to end this strangers life. A smile wormed it’s way across the phantom’s charcoal lips. Her obsidian orbs still violating his frame over and over again.. Oh gosh! Fall from heaven? Me? You are so sweet and charming, Gull!” Morphine giggled, before looking away bashfully. It was a good thing Gull didn’t know how very right he was. Yes, she was a fallen angel, cast right out of heaven for being a verrrrry bad girl. He really couldn’t have been more spot on! The phantom mused to herself.

Morphine decided to circle him one more time, and she brushed her muzzle against his neck, her breath was heavy and filled with desire. She knew the anticipation of what he hoped would come next was killing him. Any time Gull spoke she acted magnetized and lured in by every word, as if her mind was reeling out of control with undeniable lust. Tell me a little bit about yourself, love.” the words went rolling off her tongue in a dark purr while her neck was slightly arched, thick muscles carrying her crown with fascinating elegancy. The porcelain vixen’s shoulder muscles rolled with each step until she finally came to a halt in front of him. She had hoped her victim’s optics would again roam her visage, she wanted him to mull over what a stunner she was, till he became so filled with lust he would be unable to let her waltz around the world unclaimed. Slowly she exhaled, her muscles beginning to relax. Her nares flared and audits flicked forward. Morphine stood silently, not exactly sure what the next move should be, she didn’t know what he expected or entirely what she wanted. Her silvery tassel lashed at her sides, letting her scent fill the air. Her body quivered with anticipation. “Oooh it sure is chilly…the temperature really dropped.” The vixen said words, giving the stallion the perfect opportunity to dominate the situation. She had hoped he’d take the bait and not just choke. After all the last thing she wanted to do was be shut in a cave having small talk till the storm passed .

tags: @[Gull] --
ooc notes: --
words: 442

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

RE: You're gone and I gotta stay high all the time - Gull - 09-30-2014

GULL
trouble just grew wings

Morphine’s giggles echo in the cave, innocence turned eerie by the way her laughter bounces off the walls and into the darkness. You shiver slightly, but your own nervousness embarrasses you. This is good! She’s interested! She just called you sweet and charming, didn’t she? Sweet and charming, you repeat to yourself. Sweet and charming! The mantra does little to ease your jitters though—confound it all, why are you so jumpy?! You’re going to blow your chance!

Thankfully, Morphine can’t sense it. At least you think she can’t, for when you feel her muzzle brush against your neck, you can also feel her breath. In another time, in another place (namely, in one which you weren’t just about to lose your virginity), you might have found it unnerving how easily your new lady friend slips between angel and devil, but it’s safe to say that right now, your mind is on other things. Her exhale is so hot and so deep that you almost expect steam to rise from the place on your neck that her lips lingered…oh, may the Lady have mercy! She certainly favors the unexpected, Lady Luck, to choose now to answer your requests. You mean, you would have preferred that she had listened sooner, but better late than never. Thinking of how long you’ve had to wait, you grit your teeth. C’mon Gull, you tell yourself, Don’t choke now—she wants you!

Unfortunately, your private pep talk is cut short by the mare who’s still circling you. “Tell me a little bit about yourself, love,” she prompts in a gravelly murmur, and you swear you feel your knees go weak. No! Focus idiot, keep it together! You laugh, but your chuckle sounds strained. “Ahh…” you begin, not sure of what to say. “Um…” Your ears begin to buzz, and you wonder…is this what it’s like to pass out?

And then, you’re not sure exactly what happens, but your brain sputters to life (or perhaps it dies down; sometimes it’s hard to tell which is which), and suddenly, you’re flying on autopilot. It’s surreal. You feel like you’ve floated out of your body and you’re watching yourself from above, and as your phantom heart beats on above at a hundred miles an hour, the Gull below you makes a surprising recovery. You watch him shake his head bashfully, before straightening up and looking the mare in the eye. And then you hear his voice—your voice!—retort, “A little bit about myself? I hate to disappoint, but baby, there’s nothing little about me…if you get my drift.” A cheeky wink follows suit. He’s doing it! I’m doing it!!

And it’s working! The pale female comes to a halt before you, and the only thing that feels more tangible than the tension between you is the intoxicating, musky scent that seems to cloud the air. She twitches her tail, much like a hypnotist dangles a pendulum, and you’re drunk on the feeling of it all. “Oooh, it sure is chilly…” she breathes, “The temperature really dropped.” This is your chance! In a single swift motion, you move forward, intending to position yourself beside her. A large wing extends, and you raise it, accidentally scraping it lightly along the ceiling as you reach to drape it over her back. “Just say the word, baby, and I can keep you a lot warmer.”

@[Morphine]

text
"speech"

Image Credits