HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] P E S K Y - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] P E S K Y (/showthread.php?tid=16077)

P E S K Y - Random Event - 10-25-2014

[This will be an ongoing RE thread lasting the rest of tonight, or until the thread reaches a natural close.]

Dusk drew a slow, yet steady close over an uneventful day. The region seemed to slip into slumber with the fall of the Sun; silence persisted throughout, broken only by the occasional rustle of a nocturnal creature or a set of impassioned lovers. The Secret Grove darkened, though the moon's light bounced brightly off the wide expanse of the water's edge, lacing most of the foliage with a silver coat. All was still and calm.

In the heart of the lake, as clear cut as glass, a small sapling unfurled its head at last. It had been growing for some time, an oddity even for this realm as it drank starlight and shadow instead of sun and rain. This was to be its final night, and as such it would end it brilliantly, lest it be forgotten. So it stretched and it climbed and it pulled itself up towards its watching heavens, almost seeming to stretch out towards the celestial bodies which it adored so much. Its strength was astounding, but limited, and in a short time it had reached its potential.

A large, magnificent tree stood in the lake's center, its roots extending like haphazard bridges towards the shore, wide enough for some to walk on. Its trunk was crooked and gnarled with the growth spurt, but its leaves were lovely, shining dazzlingly under the moonlight with a sterling sheen. Amid its boughs fruits peeked through. Rotund and smooth in nature they emanated a faint glow, each pulsing with a different shade and in a variety of hues. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

The aroma of the fruits was pungent, sweetly so. They wafted out to all of Helovia, curling visibly as a rich smoke saturated with their desirable perfume. They beckoned to be eaten, shared, enjoyed before the night was through and the opportunity lost.

darknightoftroy

RE: P E S K Y - Elsa - 10-25-2014

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.

For some reason she found herself wandering within the secret grove. Why? She had no idea. Maybe it was some deep hidden desire, but, for the most part, she was not aware. Edgar flitted about above her, his fluffy wings starting to loose their baby feel as he grew into a more defined bird-ball instead of a fluff-ball.

He, unlike her, had a much better vantage point. From above, he could look down on his "citizens" and that is when he spotted something. A large, fruitful tree had sprouted from the pond in which it grew. A wonderful scent wafted around them both, and they hummed in agreement; they must get some of this delicious smelling fruit. Edgar landed upon Elsa's back, figuring it'd be much easier (and much less exhausting) to steal a ride.

The two trotted towards the tree, stopping a few meters back to enjoy the view. The tree was strong, and the scent was so heavy you could almost see where it was. The fruit were plentiful, each one a different color and pulsing vibrantly with life. Edgar took off, flying a three-sixy before deciding that he would like to get the purple one for Elsa. Elsa nodded, not quite sure if she should trust it. However, it smelled sooooo good. Nothing of harm could come from something so sweet right?

In his talons, Edgar gently clutched the fruit before laying it gently at her hooves. Elsa reached down, picking it up carefully and chewing small bites. Deciding it tasted good, she swallowed a bit. Edgar, pleased with his work settled to where he was used to being; right between her ears. If they were both lucky, maybe they would get this tree all to themselves!

"their speech goes here and this is the color
[Elsa eats a purple fruit if that's an applicable color. :P]

RE: P E S K Y - Sikeax - 10-25-2014

so i pulled the trigger and we floated up

The night is different tonight: new odors flicker into her nostrils, ones that she's never smelt, ones that raise hairs but encourage the curious mind. Every sense goes haywire with alertness. She can't hold it back, feeling slightly more free when the snow is beneath her with clear skies, tucked into the grove.
Guided by the blue light admitted by her horn, she paws into the ground in search of the small pickings she receives. Hunger simply pushes her along. Each nibble is welcomed when it happens to be no more than dried grasses, chewing on the roots in search of a cure.
Its the reek of fruits that awake her, and naturally, she went because it was hunger's desperate cry that sends her out. In the lake is a tree, and she stares in confusion at its presence, unwilling to leave the safety of the shore. Why here? Why now?
Faintly, she debates, staring tiredly and greedily at the tree. The fruits in the branches make her stomach cry louder with it's aromas enticing her senses. The colours add nothing to the equation but caution. Nothing glows like that except in the caves, and while she didn't mind feasting on that, this was not right. It wasn't underground, this was no cave. It was a tree in a lake, and she was a moth to a flame.
She finally gives in, picking a path wide enough to get down to the tree with a slow walk. Her horn offers a faint reflection in what must be freezing waters.
Once below, she stops, gazing with suspicious eyes while her nose wrinkled in disgust at the strength of that smell. Yet, ever so curious and hungry, evident by the faint outline of ribs against her barrel, she rears, mouth open as she picks a lone fruit and lavishes in the foreign taste it bears.

314 , tagged , Pulls a blue fruit from the tree and eats it

RE: P E S K Y - Reginald - 10-25-2014

Always it was trees.

He remembers, long ago, a painful winter, a shrunken lung. He remembers the awful, pungent masses intruding upon his home; he recalls the curious boughs of the inexplicable tree, there, and how it had bloomed quite suddenly within his meadowed halls. He remembers the gift it had granted—how useless it had turned out to be, the magic of its protection lost on a boy who never faced the darkness with his eyes. That stupid, childish crown had been discarded, seasons ago; his brow remains unfettered by mocking branches, and he is healthy.

Now he is drawn once more, and always it seems to be a tree. This time, however, it does not bloom in his shadow and piss, to spite his name and his word, his claim upon the world. No, he travels to it, intoxicated and provoked, intrigued and beguiled by the whisper of its fragrance. Now, it seems, is the age for beguiling more than ever. He is affected now; things that he used to ignore now come to the fore of his mind; scents that he used to scorn now hang like vapor clouds about his imagination, insistent, urgent. The scent of his spider-pet has matured into something pleasant and palatable; the scent of the Sunmoon bitch haunts him, taunts him, drives him insane from afar. Passions ignited by the power of incense; his nose wrinkles, his brow furrows, and his eyes burn with hatred and humiliation. He submits to the burn of his desire for this scent, the scent of forbidden fruit, handsome and heavy from the tree. It is not some filly he must bend his knee for; he maintains dignity.

He rears; his horn rustles the leaves and the branches, and surely, something falls from the depths of the bountiful tree. He eats; his teeth work quickly, his tongue tastes the juices. He does not wish to be here long; others will surely come for the fruit, and they always smell putrid.

talk talk talk

R E G I N A L D               

You will lose your throne to the chosen ones
The chosen ones will rise
morguefile

RE: P E S K Y - Abraham - 10-25-2014

The scent is too alluring, too strong, and too enticing. Abraham is drawn to it more than he has ever been drawn to anything. Gwyneverre leads the way, her compact body gliding easily on the wind of the night. Black and white legs, thick with power and muscle, ease the colt towards the Secret Grove. Upon his arrival, his mismatched eyes look up, and his mouth opens some in awe. The tree is larger than anything he has ever seen in his young life, and even Gwyneverre is amazed by its presence. A small spiral of white fire leaves her parted jaws as she flaps her wings hard to dart up into the tree's canopy.

Rustling leaves welcome her as she lands on a thin branch. More leaves rustle beneath her and she looks down, fiery eyes instantly lighting with happiness. Below her branch, her bondmate's twin is harvesting the fruit of the tree. Reginald! She screams, catching Abraham's full attention. The colt pulls his eyes away from the massive tree to narrow in on his white companion, easily detected in the silver moonlit night. "Brother?" Abraham asks skeptically, tail flicking some behind him as his oddly colored eyes look for his twin.

He finds him, and his body feels lighter. There is some type of relief in this meeting, and Abraham takes a trot to close the distance between him and his brother. "Reginald!" A trot turns into a canter for a few steps before Abraham slows. He is careful to close the final yards between him and his brother. Carefully, and like he had seen his father act towards his mother as well as his children, Abraham extends his muzzle to touch the point of his brother's shoulder. Months had passed since the twins had been side by side, and Abraham had much to tell his wombmate.

The young beast's face does not smile despite his excitement at finding his sibling, and after a moment of looking at his brother's steel grey, powerful body, he looks around the tree again. "What is this place?" Abraham steps forward again and looks up at Gwyneverre, only for the dragoness to swoop down from her branch and place a fruit at her bondmate's hooves. Eat. Gwyn's body vibrates with her excitement, and she looks up at blue and green eyes with fiery gems for just a second before turning and climbing up the trunk of the tree. Quizically, the child brute looks down at the fruit. It was round and smelled so intoxicatingly, and Abraham could not help but reach his head down and devour the red fruit.

reginald && abraham

the sons of hellion
Image Credit

RE: P E S K Y - Thranduil - 10-25-2014

It was a cool night, near cold, but the gold was protected. Walking through the willows the long branches brush seek to brush his back with their cool touches, but all they find is a think white coat. A wolf coat to be exact. The golden proudly sports his winter wear. One of his two hides at last finding use. It hung to the right side of his back, its front paws wrapped around his Spanish neck. One his left side they came together bound by a vine found in this very wood. The cool nights touch, usually so chilling to the golden son, was no match for him tonight. That wasn’t his only protection though. A gift from the world itself lay twisted and circling in cool touch upon his crown, grasping at its center a white stone to remind him of its creator. In fact, she was actually how he found himself here.

Planning. Believe it or not the golden actually did plan things out. It would not be easy but he was planning to show that sultry goddess that he was every bit as clever and sly as the best. No. He was the best. Having discovered this place that afternoon with the twisted horned, and bird child the gold found it peacefully, and alluring. A perfect place to walk and think. The sky island had also called itself to him, but ever since those strange events there, he had been wary of it. Something was not right. Coming at last round to the lake side the gold settles in to drink his thirst after his long walk. Yet greeting him there, was so alluring, all his thoughts were forgotten.

Sweet. Like fresh spring grass. No, like flowers, nah sweeter. The golden could not place it, but his legs could also not stop. Coming out of the shadows of the night he finds the lake as it had been before, but now at its center, a large tree. Weathered with age, though he was sure it could not have been there long. Roots like bridges crisscrossed the lake and already some were carefully crossing to its fold. The golden son was a curious beast, and at the moment, its scent and odd appearance drew him closer. Stepping out with nimble limbs, and cloven hooves, the gold trips across the natural bridge to the tree’s weathered looking trunk. There growing above him were silver leaves, nestling fruits with the loveliest glows. Body near begged for one. So there, to the right, one caught his eye. A golden one of course. Perfect. The twin horn reared up and teeth grabbed it gently, pulling it from its place. The aroma fills him, devour it, it commands. But the golden was as selfish as he was curious.

With it gently grasped in his teeth the gold swiftly leaves his place by the tree. Near leaping on land the gold lowers his prize to the earth to see its pure gold gleam again. He had every intention of eating it. Oh he had to look upon it once more, to see its beauty before he tasted its assured sweetness. Lowering it he looks at it again. White wolf hide slips slightly on his shoulder, but can thinks of nothing else but that fruit. He had never seen a fruit like this, but others were eating it right? Curious and selfish as he was, the gold was not a test monkey. Keeping the fruit well nestled between his hooves he looks over to the tree beyond where others were eating their fruit. Earth eyes narrowed with scrutiny, and he hesitated. Surely the sweet fruit of gold called, well yelled at him, but the golden was growing more suspicious as he watched other fall into a feeding. What was this strange fruit?

OOC:: Thran takes a golden fruit, but in stopping to admire its beautiful gold color, hesitates, and looks to the others trying to decide if he should eat it.
image credits :: Table by Sarah because she's AWESOME

RE: P E S K Y - Gull - 10-25-2014

GULL
trouble just grew wings

Something smells good…

Even from up here, the scent tugs at your nostrils, beckoning you onward. You flit over the moonlit treetops, following your nose closer and closer to the source of this intoxicating smell. Why, you’ve never smelled anything like it! It’s sweet, but not sickeningly so, like the stench of Perfume Island and its awful cherry trees. It’s sharp, but not with the saltiness of ocean grasses. And there’s something else…but you can’t quite put a hoof on it. Either way, it smells good, and you want in on that action.

Within a few minutes, the trees below you begin to thin, and the full moon comes into view, reflected in a large, still lake. Ordinarily, this upside-down world would have amused you, but tonight, you only have eyes for what your nose is telling you is the mother lode: a giant tree rises from the middle of the lake, its outstretched branches weighed down by softly glowing fruit. Once you see it, in all of its plump, luminous glory, the rest of the night seems to fade away. You have to have it. So distracted are you that you don’t even notice the other creatures creeping out of the woods, unicorns and all. Until you can get a bite of this heavenly-smelling stuff, nothing else matters. Like a hawk dropping from the sky, you dive towards the tree, and with neck outstretched and teeth bared, you pluck a single fruit from the very top. There is no crunch as you bite down, for the fruit is deceptively ripe and surprisingly tender. And though you cannot see it as you swallow, the juice dribbling down your chin and staining your coat is red—blood-red.

text
"speech"

Image Credits

RE: P E S K Y - Random Event - 10-25-2014

The fruits are delicious as they burst under the teeth and tongue of the beasts which have come. Juice explodes from even the slightest bit of pressure, gushing out to dribble down the chin of some of the more vigorous eaters. One fruit is surely not enough however, wouldn't it be more suiting to eat more of them?

A fly buzzes around Sikeax's ear. It lands briefly, rubbing its legs together before flitting off.
A fly crawls upon Reginald's nostril. It sets out its proboscis, tasting his nasal mucus, yum.
Two flies walk by Abraham's left eye. The shiny moisture of his ocular fluid attracts them.
A fly lands on Gull's lips. It's attracted to the juice staining his maw and eagerly pushes against the corner of his mouth, intent to get in.

A gentle melody begins to play, seeming to originate from the tree's leaves as they brush together in a cool, southern wind. It can only be heard by those who have taken of the fruit, and it is a song which encourages merriment and play. The song, mingled with the intoxicating bliss of the fruits both in taste and smell, coax all of you to stay and enjoy one another's company.

More fruits appear, their glow like party lights on this night. Eat, eat, eat! they beckon, their smokey aroma beginning to encircle the gathered.

[Post order is a lie. Posting again is not required to continue with the thread, but is encouraged! The thread is still open to new replies.]

darknightoftroy

RE: P E S K Y - Thor - 10-25-2014

It had been too long since I’d felt the comfort of the Secret Grove and though I could not determine its pull on my heart as of late, it had brought me from the broken walls of the Edge with ease. However, now that it was upon me, there was a strange feeling of nostalgia that began to pervade my quiet bones. Night had fallen over the land shortly after my descent from my home in the mists and the eerie feeling of being watched trailed me along my route to the Grove. I wasn’t sure what it was that put me on edge, but my skin prickled slightly as I forced my way as gracefully as I could toward the shimmering lake that I knew waited at the Grove’s core. After a good chunk of time troubling myself with the barren bones of the once-thick underbrush, I finally skirted the lake I’d been adamant to find. However, as it baske still and lifeless before me, I noticed that I was not the only one seeking its healing visage. Many faceless creatures mulled around the body of water, all casting curious gazes toward a queer tree rooted directly in the center of the unmoving lake.

Before I could come to an understanding or at least a pretend understanding of the trunk looming large before us all, I caught an unusual scent that caused me to salivate heavily- The supernatural sapling had produced a surplus of multicolored fruit within its leaden boughs. It was then that I recognized the thick, unruly roots of the massive tree as they stretched up from the water to create makeshift bridges to the tree at their heart. I imagined it would have taken years and years for such a thing to come into existence and yet here it was, standing tall beneath the moon’s glorious gaze while equine, pegasus, and unicorn alike shifted to and fro across the bridges. The aroma of sickly sweet fruit wafted across the clear waters and it was only then that I realized why so many lost souls had been drawn here to the Grove, myself included.

I wasn’t sure if I trusted the tall limbs adorned in shimmering silver leaves, but I could not resist the temptation of the fruit and the fragrance that I knew would taste even better upon the tongue. With a growing hesitancy, I drew closer to one of the outlandish bridges and set a single, wide hoof upon it as if testing its durability. However, I did not feel anxious as I placed another swollen foot upon the bridge and finally, tender footfall brought me to the thick trunk. The lower branches bore luminescent fruit that peered through the thick foliage of its careful mother, but before I was tempted enough to reach for one, I tried to consider why such a thing would bloom so late in the year.

But I was overtaken by the sweet scent of the fruit and the thick saliva that formed at my lips. It was like trying to resist food after weeks of famine and I could not… I would not say no. Slowly I reach forward, with my lips pulled back, in order to grasp a deep navy seed that reflected the stardust from above. It shimmered before me like an incandescent child and when I was able to tear it from the limb from which it hung, I held it tenderly within my jowls before finally sinking my teeth into the sweet texture of an unknown heaven. The juices flowed freely from my chin as I devoured the fruit minutely before wondering if I could get away with taking another. However, a sense of selfishness overwhelmed me and I decided against it before moving away from the tree and its mysterious fruit.

Thor took a Navy Blue Fruit- if I need to write it what happened with the others I can.

RE: P E S K Y - Elsa - 10-26-2014

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.

As she takes the first bite and swallows, she pauses, waiting for something to happen. Will she die? Will she never be able to walk again? Elsa is almost expecting something terrible to happen... but it doesn't.

As the rest of the fruit slides it's way down her throat, both her and Edgar finally notice who all is here. As she looks up; she is surprised at the numbers. Six or more have gathered here, all eating, all munching away. None seem drastically disturbed, so Edgar yet again flies to the tree and plucks another violet fruit to bring back.

Yet, this time is different. The tree begins to play the most harmonious melody. Elsa falls into a lulling sleep, and suddenly Edgar wants in on this too! Unable to hear the fruit, he dives in for a bite, only to also fall under the spell. Both Edgar and Elsa begin to relish in both taste and sound; they have no fears anymore. What bad can happen at a sweet, singing tree in the middle of the night?

As the rest of the current fruit slides down their throats they sit content like fed babies, ready to eat even more of this delicious bearing. For once in her life, Elsa finally trusts the Gods. Whatever they were doing here, it sure did not seem bad. In fact, this was the single most delicious gift she had ever received in her entire life! Edgar flies to the tree, more than ready to pick another juicy fruit.
"their speech goes here and this is the color

RE: P E S K Y - Random Event - 10-26-2014

The spell wove its way into Thor as well, pulling him into the song and dance of the evening fun. A fly appeared, landing upon his wings.

Unfortunately the night was drawing to a close. The stars had moved through the sky, draining themselves of their glow, while the Sun began to rouse beyond the horizon's line. The tree's time would fall with the night, but it had one last moment of brilliance left.

For all those spending time with the fruits' wine, flies continued to amass around them. The pesky little creatures buzzed and flitted around heads and openings of their bodies, seeking entrance, pushing for it. Into eyes, up noses, down ears, against lips, the flies moved continuously, undeterred with the casual twitch of flesh or swat of a tail. The more they were chased away, the more that appeared, their persistence driving all the harder. At some point it would be enough to break you from your reverie of pleasantries, the gentle melody drowned out by the incessant buzzing that whirred like a machine against your brain. The tickling, disgusting feet of the flies would revolt even the sweet taste of the fruits on your tongue. So run if you would, just try and run.

You cannot.

The roots of the tree fell into the lake, sliding down like massive tentacles which had risen from the deep, returning to their true home amid the water's depths. As bridges, they crumbled before your very eyes. For the braver, or perhaps just more desperate, water was another option, even in the middle of Frostfall. Step foot in it though and there your foot would remain. The seemingly placid lake, its water still so clear that the moon was easily reflected off the surface, was in truth a murky bog once disturbed.

With the reality of your situation, all the illusions broke apart.

The fruit, once so tantalizing on your taste buds, was seen for its true colors - a variety of organs plucked from the cadavers of your brethren. In some areas horse heads and ruined limbs swung amid the boughs, flies clinging to them fastidiously. It was the scent of horseflesh that drew you tonight, that set your stomach roiling with craving. It was the wingbeats of the intrusive insects that wrought the melody which entranced you, the ceaseless droning of their existence a torturous lull even now. Then the there was the tree, its beauty seemingly still unmarred despite its horrific offerings. Look closer. In the grooves of the gnarled bark of the tree, blood had begun to seep, mistaken at first as glittering, silver sap. The crimson syrup oozed out of the tree flesh, running in rivulets until it pooled at the base and spilled over into the waters, fouling them. Evil permeated from its core, beating in tempo with the glowing organs, with the hum of your own heart.

lub dub, lub dub, lub dub...

The sound became so intense it overwhelmed the scene, drowning out any who screamed. The smoke which had surrounded you repeated the noise, carrying the sound, amplifying it until even the flies fell quiet to the echo of your life's drum.

A fly slipped inside Sikeax's nose. It tangled in her mucus, limply fighting against its restraint with intermittent buzzing.
Another wiggled into the corner of Thranduil's eye. It quickly drowned in the ocular goop, twitching on occassion as fits of resistance uncoiled from its body.
A third found a passageway through Abraham's mouth. It pushed through the corner of his lips, nearly crushed by the flaps of skin.
Two went down Gull's ears simultaneously, bouncing off the inner walls.
One ventured at Thor's rear end, circling his anus before delving into the warm cavern where it was swallowed up.

With the entrance of one fly came another, and another, and another until they were breaking through in masses so whole that you choked on them, went blind and deaf with them. Each and every horse present was ravished by the flies in all manner of orifices. The violation was utterly involved, the infestation of the pesky insects so saturated that sensations of them could be felt even internally as they roamed between regions of your body you never realized existed.

Then, suddenly, it stopped. They stopped.

The buzzing, the heart beat, the music all fell flat as though cut off. The mud loosened around trapped hooves. Fruits fell from the tree, landing with a wet slap upon the ground, crumbling into putrid flesh and decayed meat before decomposing at an accelerated rate, reduced to soil and dust. The tree seemed to wither and visibly shrivel up, pulling into itself like the skin on an ancient body. It moaned, something low and mournful, before it exploded into smoke and dispersed. Sunlight broke through the grove as the last trails of the evil dissipated, and the golden glow revealed the water as clear as ever, its crimson tide purified.

Perhaps it had all been a dream? An illusion or an enchantment concocted in the night, but chased away with the day. You felt normal, surely, other than the memories rapping in the back of your mind, sure to induce nightmares for years to come, but it wasn't ever really real, was it?

You have all been infected and results will appear over the next 2 weeks. The effects will increase and compound on one another as you reach the end of the 2 weeks. Any attempts at healing will accelerate the process, lengthening the time at which you endure the worse conditions.

- At first you will start to hear the buzzing of flies, despite none being present.
- Then you will start to feel flies on you, and bites will be present, though none are ever seen an no one else near you seems affected. The bites will give off a faint, black smoke.
- A step beyond that you will again feel them inside of you, crawling around, nibbling on your internal regions.
- Finally, you will begin to leak flies and maggots. They will come out when you exhale, when you speak, when you cry or relieve yourself, or even just standing.

At the end of the infection period, you will be free of them, but may choose to have after effects of a dulled or distorted sense depending on where the flies seemed to come out of the most (i.e. they constantly came out of your mouth, you may not taste things as well.).

Elsa - the violet fruit you took actually clears the blindness in your eye.
Thranduil - the gold fruit you took, but don't eat, causes blisters to appear on whatever location you touched it.
Gull and Abraham - the red fruits you took have given you the ability, and desire, to eat meat.
Thor - the navy blue fruit you took has made you bloated and fat.

Reginald and Sikeax did not specify a color so have no particular effects.

darknightoftroy

RE: P E S K Y - Thor - 10-26-2014

The fruit was so sweet upon my tongue and I was so distracted by its tangy juices and ripe texture that I almost missed the flippant song filtering through the dense limbs of the tree itself. I nodded in time with the beat, lost or perhaps mesmerized by the festivities coming to life around me. I smiled at my companions as I made my way back along the bridge-like structure I’d followed to the tree, but as soon as I set foot back upon to frozen grasses on the lake’s shore, I noticed an incessant buzzing at my ear. I shook my massive head in order to rid myself of the nuisance but it remained. In fact, a single fly had turned into what sounded like ten as they traversed my skin and dance along my tender wings. In another attempt to rid myself of the pests, I shuddered harshly and used my thickly chorded tail to slap at my flanks. But I could not evade the vermin for they had started to amass around me, nearly suffocating me in their monotone song. It was dissonant of course and though I wondered if this had anything to do with what had happened to me in the Steppe only days before, it didn’t appear to bear much of a resemblance.

Hurriedly, I glanced around to my brethren to see if they too were dealing with the onslaught of insects but I only had to blink once in order to confirm that they were. In a new wave of panic, I gathered myself to outrun the plague, but found that my hooves were planted in place. The hard soil had softened beneath me and welled up around my toes in order to trap me just beyond the shore. I continued to bat away the flies with the only thing I could still move easily- my tail. They had not overcome me yet, but the relentless itch of their feet against my skin seemed to travel inward causing me to convulse from the sensation. A moment later, I heard the waters of the quiet lake splashing as the makeshift bridges gave way beneath an invisible force and as they did I noticed the changing of the thick tree at the lake’s center. Our moon’s bright face cast a bright light upon its branches, illuminating a new horror that I was sure would outweigh the nightmares I’d witnessed in the Steppe.

When my eyes landed on the tree once more, I noticed that the luscious fruit were no longer the delicious seedlings they’d once been; instead they’d been transformed into various parts of rotting decay. Distraught eyes looked on with empty, dead, fear as I gazed at the most monstrous sight I’d seen in my life. Various corpses hung lazily from the changing tree; their limbs, their organs, and their dense crimson blood embodied the very trunk from which I’d plucked my navy fruit. The heavy taste of rotting flesh made my tongue thick and dry. I wanted to spit or vomit or dip my face into the cool waters of the lake, but I was unmoving. I was trapped yet again. When the flies moved in once more, I was lost in their mass. They trickled about from the darkness until they paid homage to the only part of my being that I feared worst. Dare I not speak of where they hid, but the pain was immense and my cries were only muted. But suddenly, as before, everything disappeared and I was left to wonder if what I’d witnessed were even reality.

RE: P E S K Y - Random Event - 10-26-2014

Per a question: the effects from the fruits only last the 2 weeks :)

RE: P E S K Y - Random Event - 11-02-2014

@[Sikeax] apologies for not seeing your color choice earlier, thank you for bringing it to my attention through PM!

the blue fruit you took has made you bloated and fat.