HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
A New Home - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: A New Home (/showthread.php?tid=18677)

A New Home - Renegade - 03-22-2015

Renegade
Wisdom is the key

Renegade’s body dropped to the damp grass when she finally found a place to stop. She had been traveling without a destination for what had felt like months before she had found Helovia. The sun was beating down on her, she built up the strength up to get her weak body to take a few more steps. The thin golden chain that lay on her neck, quietly bounced off her glistening coat as she walked slowly through the soft breeze. She felt stronger with every stride she took. She gasped quietly as the wind grabbed the flowers out of her pearl white hair. The thoughts of her brother and herd were still wandering her mind.
The wind brushing her body and the droplets of water from the grass sticking to her legs felt amazing to her after her long, harsh journey. The beauty of Helovia told Renegade that this was a new start. The awful feeling of weakness she once had was suddenly stolen from the utter beauty of the land she had found. Her sapphire blue eyes curiously looked around the mysterious yet welcoming land. Though she was desperate to discover more about this land, she knew it had to wait. She tried her best to forget about the forest she used to live in and focus on what her new life would come to be. Renegade felt so jovial that she had finally found a new home that the pain in her body was forgotten. Though she knew she probably looked like an idiot walking slowly with a wide smile on her face, it was hard to fight such a look after finding such happiness that she’d not felt in quite a while.

RE: A New Home - Rostislav - 03-22-2015

Keep 'em coming. I'm ready to do this all day! Not really, but I'd like to think so. The last recruit I tried for had me talking a lot. I hope as I come across another that there will be less chit chat and more 'yes I will come to your nice pretty home.' So my heavy hooves thud against the forest floor as I approach the dark chestnut with the ram horns. A wide grin is upon her face, and I hope that as I step out from the darkness of the surrounding trees that my appearance does not cause her apparent joy to dim. "G'day lady comrade!" I bow my head politely as circumstances often call me to do. "My name is Rostislav of the Hidden Falls, welcome to Helovia. May I ask your name?" Because continuing a conversation without someone's name is mighty tiring. Of course, many natural conversations take place without such cumbersome introductions, but I prefer to keep all my ducks in a row so that when I leave, I know exactly who I was with and what they look like. There's a lot that can be said for having a running index of those you meet. Who they are, what they're like, and where they come from is rather important these days. My white eyes look her over, copying her image into my mind. Creamy white mane and tail, white spots on her rump. They kind of look like bird droppings, but much prettier. Sapphire eyes that sparkle with joy that comes from.. well I don't know what makes her so happy, but all the better! Trying to recruit someone pissed off is very difficult. She is decorated with gold bangles and a chain along her mane. Perhaps she and Midas will be able to wax on about the glories of gold.

WC: 308
Tag: @[Renegade]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

RE: A New Home - Arah - 03-23-2015

:: Arah ::

You'd think that after all this time she would have kept away from The Threshold. The constant dribble of 'hi, how are you?' and the careful navigation of words when offering the new comers a home. Firstly you didn't want to come off as pushy but you also didn't want to be too delicate in your approach. Wynter found them, the brute from the Falls and the one she supposed must be a new comer. They always had a certain look of hope about them and most arrived exhausted, this mare did not seem different from the others she had found wondering this part of Helovia. Firstly she studies the rather stunning dark chestnut mare, whose rump is decorated with ivory spots. Her pale hair falls lightly, blue eyes stare out and over the world while two dark ram horns sit snugly beside her ears. Those were pretty much the only thing the mare needed to gain entrance into her home. Smiling Arah entered the fold and offers a nod to both members of this gathering. "Many blessings." A usual greeting from the doe, it had stuck with her from way back. In her homeland one always extended blessings to show that their intent was honest. If you betrayed those blessings many believed that you would anger the gods and bring shame upon your home.

"I am Arah of Aurora Basin and this is Wynter." The griffin had settled in a tree above them, staring down at the brute and his bonded. Distrust and dislike raidated through the bond, through Arah betrayed none of this. Instead she nodded at the stag again, a more formal recognition of their meeting in the past. Once again she turns back to the mare, "Welcome to Helovia." Are you looking for a new home? Slowly...slowly.

[[Welcome to Helovia!! Sorry, this is pretty weak, next post will be better.]]

RE: A New Home - Renegade - 03-26-2015

Renegade
Wisdom is the key

Renegade dimmed her contentment a bit to hopefully make a good first impression. Her eyes traveled from the pale eyed bay stallion to the innocent pearl colored mare. The two both had something around their necks, Rostislav had a flask filled with a mysterious liquid while Arah had a crimson pendant that hung from her collar. Before Renegade got the chance to say anything she noticed how they were all about the same height so she didn’t have to look up at anyone which she was very used to doing. Her lips curled to the word Helovia as she repeated it in her head, trying to get used to this new word they had just told her about.

Along with mouthing the name of the land she had arrived at, she tried to get used to the names that were just given to her. “Hello I am Renegade and I’ve been traveling for some time to hopefully find a new home!” she said with a soft smile while watching Arah’s ivory griffin swoop into the tree that was hovering over them. She squinted as the bright sun shone through the branches of the tree directly at her face. Her head quickly moved from the tree to the horses in front of her. She continued to pick out certain unique features of the two to remember them by.

Renegade frequently did this when meeting others for the first time. For Arah she found that her antlers and long hair that reached the ground were the most distinctive thing about her and that Ren could remember her by. The flask around Rostislav’s neck was something that the dark chestnut mare had never seen, so it brought interest to her.

WC: 279
OOC: So I'm working on a new refrence sheet for Ren and she won't be having bangles anymore so just ignore that. xD You can tag me in each post! Also sorry for this puny post and terrible table.
@[Rostislav]

RE: A New Home - Rostislav - 03-26-2015

Of course I'm not the only one to greet the newcomer. I shouldn't be surprised that I am joined by a Basiner. Arah, to be specific. I've only met her once, but I remember her from the time she visited the Falls. She greets me quietly with a nod, and I smile in return, harboring no ill will toward the antlered mare. I turn my attention back to the mare. Her name is Renegade and she looks for a home - well duh of course she does. The majority of those entering Helovia are looking for a home. I barely stop myself from rolling my eyes. I see her gaze wander to Wynter, and back to Arah and I. "As I said, I am from the Hidden Falls, one of the herds here in Helovia. Our leaders are Midas the Gallant and Ghost the Cadaverous. You are certainly welcome there, and if you so choose, I can lead you there." Words, words. Explanations, enticements. The ritual never ends when it comes to recruiting. Of course I want to offer her a nice home but sometimes it all seems rather monotonous. I wonder if she will make it more interesting, or if she will come with me and make it all worthwhile. Though Arah is kind enough, I'd rather not lose out to her. "We are in need of all sorts of roles in our herd... educators, spies, warriors, healers, crafters... it is your choice what you would like to do." A soft, welcoming smile spreads over my face. Though weary, it is genuine. My eyes glance over to Arah briefly, wondering what she will add to the conversation.

WC: 277
Tag: @[Arah] @[Renegade]
Please note that Renegade cannot know what is or is not inside Rosti's flask, that would be powerplaying.

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

RE: A New Home - Arah - 03-29-2015

:: Arah ::

Well.
Way to mess it up buddy.

Arah stared at Rostislav as he totally bummed his way through introducing The Falls practically shoving the invitation down the mare's throat. He looks over at her, it is a moment before the doe sighs and offers her own praise about The Falls. "Indeed the falls is nice and quiet...though the waterfalls more than make up for the lack of noise," 'and activity.' Her eyes flicker back over to Rostislav, a lifeless smile pulls at her lips. Eyes flicker back to the new mare to make sure she understands the message. The gushing waterfalls had been beautiful and Arah assumed they were the most active thing about the extremely reclusive falls herd. Wynter ruffles her feathers as she trains her sharp eyes upon The Hidden Falls stag. "The Basin is led by The Reaper and The Forsaken," these titles could be taken either way, fearfully or it could appeal to some, surely with those titles nothing pushed them around. Her voice filters out gently, as if the doe is currently not in any overwhelming emotional pain. Distracting herself with tasks like recruiting made it a little more bearable.

"We live in the frost of the north, you would also be most welcome among us." Either she would be brave enough to venture into the frozen glory that is Aurora Basin or take the easy path and enter The Falls. It would ultimately up to her. "If you're not ready to decide you're more than welcome to pay us a visit." The doe extended the invitation, wondering just what the new mare would choose to do. Golden orbs flickered between the two watching and waiting for an answer.

@[Renegade]

RE: A New Home - Renegade - 04-01-2015

Renegade
Wisdom is the key

Renegade listened to the two describe and praise the regions they’ve came from. Rostislav who mentioned needing more roles in their herd while the mare had told Ren who led the region. They both had described their herds in a way that didn't seem like they were pushing Ren to join them. The brief tension between them was palpable though. She’d wondered if they had ever argued with one another or had a bad first meeting before.

The mare shook the thought out of her head before she began to assume too many things and thought more deeply about the matter. The Hidden falls and the Aurora Basin, both which sounded like wonderful places to the horned mare. She barely knew much about the two so they had no effect on her decision on what region to pick. Though she knew they’d probably give her time to think more about what region she’d like to join, but Ren was eager to make a decision that day. She wanted to start fresh, and wanted it to happen quickly.

It was slightly pressuring to Ren since she was a mare who liked to think a lot about her decisions before she made them. After a few minutes of silence, Ren made a choice. The light that shone through the canopy above them was beginning to dim but the wind was still breezing through. She brought her eyes back to them and took her head out of a thought cloud. She had hoped that this decision wouldn’t make either of them feel unhappy. “Oh both regions sound wonderful!” she chimed. “I think I've made the decision to join The Aurora Basin. I’m ever so thankful that the two of you have invited me to your lovely herds.” Her eyes flicked back to Rostislav hoping there wasn't a indication of disappointment on his face.

WC: 310
@[Rostislav] @[Arah]