HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Made of Steel - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Made of Steel (/showthread.php?tid=19040)

Made of Steel - Mesec - 04-12-2015

a light from the shadows shall spring

Admittedly, this search was overdue - the heat of Tallsun had been too much for Mesec to bear in the Throat and he spent much of the season travelling Helovia. But now, now he could get back on track with integrating himself into this herd and trying to figure out where he belonged, where he would actually be useful. That was what he had told Gaucho he would do and he owed it to both the Sultan and himself to actually follow through with that pledge. The crafters and healers were on the top of his list, followed by a visit to Ampere and her warriors following closely behind. He had no doubt that his electric friend would be able to see if he could be whipped into some sort of helpful shape of a warrior, if only to help in the defense of the herd. After their excursion on the beach… well, Mesec knew he needed some more practice to be effective. His magic and youth helped but that was where his skills ended.

First, he would find Cera because, admittedly, there were two motives for seeking out the golden stallion that had greeted him on the border of the Throat. As the head crafter for this herd he would be a helpful source to speak to, and as someone who had known Hototo. He had not forgotten the pain Cera had showed when the earth demigod had died and again, briefly, when Mesec had spoken to him last time. Though, when it came to Hototo, he wasn't sure what he could say that would help, just as he had been unsure what he could possibly say to Ros. But he could check and see how he was doing, right?

The sun had fully emerged over the ocean, leaving the sky a bright and clear blue - just a few wisps of cloud streaked across in the high atmosphere. On all accounts it was a beautiful day, a day that Mesec did not mind spending wandering around and trying his luck at finding Cera. Perhaps it would have been more efficient to try to catch those he wanted to talk to at the end of the herd meeting, but the idea honestly had not come to him then and now it was, obviously, too late.

He lingered around the oasis, figuring he’d be more likely to come across someone here that might know of Cera and have an idea of where to find him, if not Cera himself, and found his way back to the Dragon’s Blood tree. It was a source of great curiosity for him, despite knowing the basics of the story behind it. He could not but feel… reverence as he gazed up at the branches reaching for the sky, reaching for the sun.

image by Blu

eep took a couple days but if you guys are all still up for it after talking about this thread in Skype, here it is!
Thought maybe Sohalia and Einarr could help Mesec find Cera? ;D

AND SO SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE TAG D:

RE: Made of Steel - Sohalia - 04-14-2015

Some days, the dove wondered if her kidnapping had ruined everything.

She had had everything that she had ever wanted - and then some things that she had not - only to have it all ripped away at the drop of a feather. Who was she now, wandering the Dragon's Throat, all but useless to the family that she loved so much? She was not one to wallow in self-pity and doubt, but it had grown rampant in her mind throughout her pregnancy. Now, out of shape and out of touch, she found herself afraid that she would never return to the glory she had once found.

Astraeus swooped down from the blue skies to alight on her shoulders, purposefully nicking the thin skin of her withers. She hissed, her ears pinning back at the sudden sting. -Stop feeling sorry for yourself,- her bonded scolded, ruffling his feathers before starting to preen. -You are where you belong. The rest will follow.- She snorted, shaking her head before swallowing her irritation. He was only trying to help and, after all, he was right.

She needed to train. She needed to be useful. And the only way to do that was to ask.

She was interrupted by a greeting cry from her zephyr as he took to the skies again, leaving a bright red bubble of blood on her withers behind. She tossed her head to cover the mark, ruefully wishing that he had not been quite so blunt with his advice. Pasting a smile on her face, she turned to meet the stallion that Astraeus had spotted: a young, dark steed touched with silver. She cocked her head to one side. He looked familiar - but somehow she couldn't quite place him. Had they met before, or was she simply experiencing an odd deja vu?

"Hello," she said cautiously. "I'm sorry, but have we met?"

"Talk talk talk."
-Astraeus.-

@Mesec
you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com

RE: Made of Steel - Mesec - 04-19-2015

Mesec’s attention was torn away from the giant tree by the call of a bird, but when he turned his head he saw not just an ordinary bird, but a zephyr taking flight away from a pale mare that was approaching him. Though he relaxed at the sight of the smile - he tensed at her cautious words. Had they met before? There was something in her that reminded her of someone but he did not know who - and her face did not feel directly familiar. So he responded just as cautiously as she had spoken - thinking it over carefully and hoping that he was not wrong in his memory. “No… I don’t believe so.”

Mesec did not realize it, probably would never realize it, but the reason why the pale mare before him seemed so familiar was because he had once spent a day and night sitting next to the corpse of her dead daughter, the young victim of his mother, when they had all been chasing a murderer. He hadn’t known the name of the girl, had never seen her before, but he had wanted to keep her company - so she might not be alone in death for at least part of the journey. A silly thought, perhaps, depending on what one believes about death but the sight of her body had shaken the young demigod and he had not been able to move from her side for quite some time.

As was his way, although Mesec was sure that he did not know this mare he did worry over where she might have seen him. Had she been among those that gathered at the site of Vesta’s corpse, where the demi-gods had stood with their parents? Or did she know of his mother and simply recognize her in him? There was his father, too, but it was so rare that Mesec was compared to d’Artagnan that it was not a conclusion he usually jumped to. When one of your parents was a god, it was easy to assume that was the focal parent.

Mesec shifted in his stance slightly before forcing himself to calm down. She had spoken kindly not accusingly, he needed to remember that having a familiar face might not be a bad thing. A small smile appeared as his silver eyes looked back at her, turning his body now to more properly face her and dipping his head politely in greeting. “My name’s Mesec, I’m new to the Throat. It’s nice to meet you.” Officially, anyway, if they had crossed paths before in the past.

A thought came to him then as he remembered the search he had been on moments ago, eager to move on from the uncomfortable feeling of being recognized - even faintly. “Do you by any chance know Cera? I've been looking for him and can't seem to find him anywhere.” Only after he spoke did he worry that it sounded as though he were trying to brush off her company - when that certainly was not the case! Just a change of topics and it happened to be the closest one.

@[Sohalia]

image by Blu

RE: Made of Steel - Sohalia - 04-20-2015

"No," he said. "I don't believe so."

The dove smiled again, shaking her head at her poor memory. "Forgive me," she responded shyly, lowering her lashes demurely. "I have been away for some time, but I thought I might have seen you before I was... away." She refrained from revealing the true nature of her departure, unwilling as it was. It didn't seem like the type of detail one would impart to a stranger. "I am Sohalia. Some call me the Transcended, and I served briefly as Sultana here in the Dragon's Throat. I thought perhaps, if you had been in the herd before..." Again, she paused. "Well, anyway, it's lovely to meet you, Mesec."

In the following moment, as she stood in an uncomfortable silence, flicking her tail at the few remaining flies, the angel took the opportunity to study the stallion from under her lashes. He was every bit her opposite, as black as night save the silvery parts of his wings and belly. His eyes were what stood out - a gentle platinum that almost glowed. Despite their color, they were not cold; rather, an odd warmth seemed to emanate from the young stallion, lulling her into a sense of security despite her bemusement.

Perhaps he reminded her of the spirit world - an alternate world in shades of grey that allowed the Transcended to speak with the dead. She had visited her daughter, Diniel, once; so, too, had her friend Rowan sought her out in a time of great need. It reminded her that though her loved ones may be gone, they would never leave her, and she would never have to suffer alone. He was dark and light, just as they, and the spirit world, were, and it was that, in the end, that she decided she had recognized.

"I do know Cera," she confirmed, pleasure lighting her gaze. It had been far too long since she had seen the boy - and last time they had spoken, he had been nothing more than that. "I'm not sure where he is, but I do know of a few places we might look, if you don't mind the company." She smiled again, hopefully this time, happy to be of some use to someone and have a job again, however temporary.

"Talk talk talk."
-Astraeus.-

@[Mesec], @[Cera]

RE: Made of Steel - Mesec - 05-16-2015

The hesitation around the word ‘away’ raised a flag and Mesec briefly wondered whether there was a reason but the curiosity faded when there was no further explanation. Perhaps she had simply been searching for the right word and there was no other explanation. He smiled warmly back at her as she introduced herself as Sohalia - a former Sultana of this very herd! It was a welcome distraction over the conflict between worrying over where she recognized him from and wondering why he was so worried. From Maren he had learned that any secret there might have been about his heritage did not exist for those that listened to the rumours, and others had been told first-hand. Would the kind, angelic Sohalia care that he was a demi-god? Few others brought up their parents in regular conversation and he saw no reason why he needed to be any different - announcing who is mother was with every new acquaintance was tedious and unnecessary. As had been pointed out to him, she did not define him and he did not want to continue letting that bond to riddle him with such thoughts as these.

Relief was shown in the form of a warm smile when she confirmed that she did know Cera and even knew of a few places to look for the golden stallion.

“Company would be wonderful, thank you.” He accepted her offer to accompany him readily, motioning with his head for her to lead the way. If she had lived in this herd for at least longer than he had, even with a small time away, then she was sure to be a helpful guide. He motioned for her to lead the way if she wished so that he could fall into step beside her. “I’ve not been here very long, maybe a season, but I never knew just how large the Throat was - looking for another horse in this herd keeps proving to be a little harder than I expected.” He admitted sheepishly, thinking back to how little he had known about this herd before he showed up and been greeted by Cera, Hector and Ampere. Before then, this herd had been mostly a mystery - he knew that Ampere lived here, knew that the Sun God was their patron, but that was where his knowledge ended.

Speaking quietly, he confided in Sohalia with a grin - showing the recognition of his foolish thoughts. “I honestly thought it was just desert. I’ve learned my lesson, though.” While the heat was something he could live without, it was not so bad once Tallsun broke and he found himself growing fond of the herd and the land they lived in. And, of course, growing fond of the idea of being a part of the herd - if only he could figure out where he would be useful as a member!

image by Blu

@[Sohalia]

RE: Made of Steel - Cera - 06-02-2015

we are one in the same
you take all of the pain away

Unaware of the fact that the youth had rather abnormal pursuers, the Prince had taken to the clay banks just beyond the ocean waters. It held his scratched work designs far better than the shifting, lightweight sands that composed most of the Throat, and the cool breeze off the ocean's surface was certainly far from disagreeable with the climate he had known all his life. No matter how allegiances shifted, rulers came and went, Gods fell and ascended, Cera had always been a part of the Dragon's Throat. He had buried his heart into the land, and never sought to reclaim it. Nobody would be able to take away his pride, his love for the herd and its successes. Leaving would only come at the hands of forceful ejection, and they'd have to strip him of his wings and leave him dying if they did not want him attempting to return. Ilaria rumbled in pleased agreement, and the two shared a fond glance from the makeshift blueprints Cera had made of the sands.

The days were long and tiring, plodding on with no variation or diversity to them. The sun rose and fell as it always did, and Cera toiled onward in a similar fashion. There was no drama, no pressure or sense of impending doom. Certainly the Prince enjoyed the reprieve, but he at times felt lost and without meaning. It came and went, but it seemed the persevere as time went slowly on in a haze of sand and sun. When was the last time he'd explored Helovia for any reason aside from patrol? Had he accidentally isolated himself, purely because he was too used to being lonely as a child? It was a depressing thought, one that the Golden Prince chased away with a few more careful lines drawn into the clay.

There is a pair approaching, darling. Cera hummed appreciatively in response, flicking his eyes briefly to the horizon, allowing Ilaria to do the inquiring and investigating on her own behalf for the moment. His plan was almost complete, and his attention was drawn to the images coming to life, eyes flickering from one end to the other as it formed inside his head. The concentration was only broken when Ilaria gave a little squeak of surprise, her voice flooding right back into his head, comfortable and familiar. Sohalia! And... she trailed off, her discomfort flooding into Cera, enough to lift his head and turn his emerald eyes to the one she wouldn't name. "Mesec," he murmured quietly to himself. The boy who had attempted to console him concerning Hototo's death, back when it was too raw a wound for a stranger to be prodding at.

Regret swamped the boy for a spare moment, and he turned with sunny smile naturally blooming on his face. They were not quite facing him, so he called out on wordless whinny, attracting their attention by shooting his wings high into the air, tips trembling and curling with an almost childish excitement. "Sohalia!" he called joyously, Ilaria clambering down from where she'd been sunning herself on his back to play landmarker where his drawing was. Once she was secured, the Forger went running towards the pair, long limbs thin but sure as he jogged towards them. His eyes were warm, a memory of lush grasses not found in their homeland, face glowing from within as he approached them. "And Mesec," he amended as he approached, not familiar enough with the other young stallion to have called his name so blatantly, though with his loving smile a stranger would never have guessed that.

Cera loved too fully, too deeply. He loved everything and everyone, and he let them in to walk or trample the plains of his heart as they pleased. The Sun had taught him forgiveness, patience, and it had left its imprint far beyond their initial introduction. Or perhaps he had simply always been that way, with a heart too large for his impossibly small body. "What brings you this way?" Cat he was not, but curious he certainly was. Eyes drifted to the Transcended with a boyish grin, a little shy. Though he outranked her currently, she would always be his mentor in memory. "Would you like to see my newest draft? It's an irrigation system," he breathed, excitement bleeding into his voice. Then he stepped closer, offering his muzzle to the woman with eyes growing impossibly warmer, more affectionate. "I'm glad to see you've returned, are you well?" Whispered more for her sake than his own.

Unwilling to make Mesec feel unwanted or spurned, the painted boy then turned to him with tilted head and kindly smile, ages different from their first meeting. "How are you faring in the Throat? It can be awfully hot for a dark coat," he mused, eyes crinkling and brow drawing close with very conspicuous concern. Cera had never cared to learn how to shutter his emotions, he found it dishonest.

@[Sohalia] && @[Mesec]

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

RE: Made of Steel - Sohalia - 06-09-2015

Even if she had known of Mesec's origin, it would have done little other than spark curiosity in the snowy dove. She had seen the gods several times, knew more than most the impact they could have on mortals' lives - after all, was it not her mate who had fallen prey to the Moon's curse? She knew that the gods-touched of their land were often driven by the desire to please their patrons, not entirely happy until they had gained whatever it was they longed for so deeply. A demi-god, destined to bear that fate with no end in sight, had a heavy birthright. If anything, knowledge of the dark steed's heritage would have served to make the angel all the kinder, for gods knew he needed kindness and acceptance just now.

In any case, she smiled as he accepted her offer of company and turned her eyes toward the distant, glimmering sea. In the days of the wall, Cera would often have been found in the shadow of steel, toiling to finished the work that she had continued upon being named Forger. A pang of sadness threatened in her chest as she remembered those days, remembered what it felt like to have a place here. What use was she now, other than a broodmare for their Sultan? What purpose was she to follow, now that she had fallen from her once-great throne?

"When I first came here, many seasons ago, I thought much the same. I followed love here, and when my lover left this land, I found a new, more lasting love of the desert. It's alive, you know," she added fondly. "It may be more subtle than the greener places to the north, but those of us who have learned to thrive here will never leave it behind. These sands hold our hearts, as does the family we have created. If you stay, if you allow yourself to lay down roots here, it will capture your heart as well, I promise you that. I am late in saying this, of course, but welcome, Mesec, to our land and to our family."

They were approaching the sea at an easy walk, Astraeus having confirmed Cera's location. The dove felt guilt at being so long away, particularly from the colt that she had adored from her early years. Still, she could not help but grin as he called to her, wings extended, his joy on the wind. She broke into a trot, covering the distance quickly and efficiently. Before long, she stood before the young stallion, reaching eagerly to bump her muzzle against his in greeting. "Cera," she breathed, warmth emanating from her. "Oh, how good it is to see you!"

He offered to show her his work, and she smiled shyly, wondering if all mentors were as pleased and proud as she when their pupils finally surpassed them. "Of course! We must talk soon, my dear. It has been too long. But first -" she turned, her gaze flitting to Mesec and back. "Mesec has been looking for you." She watched with interest at the display between the pair; there was something strange beneath the kindness, and she could not help but wonder what it was.

"Talk talk talk."
-Astraeus.-

@[Mesec], @[Cera]; I'm so sorry for the wait. I have had quite a bit going on and it's been difficult to slow down and focus on much of anything.

RE: Made of Steel - Mesec - 06-15-2015

One of the common themes that Mesec was finding during his stay in the Throat so far was how passionate everyone seemed to be about their home - they truly loved it. He could not help but smile at the noticeable fondness that Sohalia spoke with when she talked of the Throat - and not just the herd that lived in it but the land itself. He almost missed a step when she finished by welcoming him to the land and to their family - surprised by the impact that those words had on him. “Thank you, Sohalia.” Those simple words did not accurately convey just how much it meant to him. Could this be a place for him to grow roots? He wondered if the Edge would ever call to him, wondered if he even had a choice on where he could make a home and a name for himself. He wanted the Throat to be that home, though - he had been met with nothing but kindness so far from all those that he had met here and he wanted to be a part of that family. What was wrong with that?

They were nearing the ocean when a familiar painted figure was noticed - and it noticed them. Cera called out Sohalia’s name with such joy! And soon they were both rushing forward to greet each other. Mesec watched with a smile as the two greeted each other with obvious fondness. He did not move after Sohalia quickly - lingering back instead to give them a moment to reacquaint themselves. If she had indeed been gone for a while, Mesec did not want to get in the way of a reunion. He joined them at an easy walk instead, smiling still. Cera seemed to be in much higher spirits than the last time they had seen each other, for which Mesec was incredibly glad.

Though his interest was touched by the mention of an irrigation system, Mesec did not interrupt the words that seemed to be meant for Sohalia and instead allowed his silver eyes to wander to where the red panda was sitting some ways back. Maybe the Throat was going to become even less of a desert than they had just been discussing! His attention returned to the warm-hearted pair he stood near when Cera’s voice became directed his way. It was incredible, the transformation from the stallion he had met on the borders of the Throat to the shining one he saw before him. “Very well, thank you, everyone has been so kind to me so far. The heat… is definitely taking some getting used to. I think I was made more for shadow than sunlight, but I’m hoping I’ll grow accustomed to it in time.” Compared to his company, Mesec was very much the literal black sheep when it came to desert dwellers. Both Sohalia and Cera had the lighter coats that would make living in this climate more tolerable.

He was thankful to Sohalia for introducing the fact that Mesec had been looking for Cera - he had not been entirely sure how to bring up the subject himself. Though he still felt shy about bringing it up, even in such warm company as he found himself in now. “If you're not too busy I was hoping to talk to you about joining the Crafters. I'm afraid I don't know very much about crafting... or really have any experience in it.” Not very a very good sell, unfortunately, but at least he managed to bring up the topic of the day. “I don't want to keep you away from your work, though. You said it's for an irrigation system?”

@[Sohalia] & @[Cera]
---
no worries about the wait, darling! <33 good to have you back!

image by Blu

RE: Made of Steel - Cera - 06-29-2015

we are one in the same
you take all of the pain away

They ran towards one another, joys alight like fires in their hearts to have reunion so close at hand. Though Cera held great bitterness for abandonment, he could not hold it against the dove. She'd never grown close enough to him to have made the pain anything more than the sad awareness that once again Cera had failed to keep someone at his side. Though he'd missed her greatly, he could not condemn her. Nor would he push to understand the reasoning behind her disappearance. Privacy was something Cera did not have a particularly great amount of, considering what an open book he was, but it seemed others held great respect for it. It was easier not to insult her than risk it.

The Prince sank into her touch with gratitude, reacquainting himself with the scent of her, the uniqueness that all carried and that Cera held great appreciation for. She was home at last. Cera prayed that Gaucho had been reunited with her as well, that her presence would only improve the mood of the man Cera cared for so much. "It's so good to see you again," he agreed, bubbling with warmth and care for the tender woman. She'd helped guide his hand on many projects, had taught him more than any other absent Forger had. It was she who had helped inspire his genius, given it form and life. Even if she were not a kind and homely soul, Cera would love her for that nonetheless. The world was too cruel for someone like Sohalia to live inside it, and Cera idly wondered sometimes if she'd suffered similar fates to the ones he'd had to hurdle. Not that Cera believed he was above his sins. Self esteem was not on the boy's list of virtues.

Sohalia easily directed his attention, vacillating though it always was, to Mesec and the boy's plight. Cera smiled kindly, understanding of the problems the moon boy faced. "My sister has the same problems. I'll ask her how she handles it, perhaps I can help you find a way to beat the heat!" Mentally making a note to inquire as to Ranjiri's methods of dealing with the desert with her own onyx hide, Cera's smile instead turned soft - understand. The boy was unsure, clearly hesitant of his belonging in the Throat. He is so much like you, Ilaria murmured across their link. Uncertain, out of place. Cera could not help but to agree, seeing something old of himself reflected in the silver pools of Mesec's gaze.

"But there can be no shadows without sunlight," Cera pointed out gently, hoping Mesec would understand the metaphor for what it was - you belong here just as much as I do. "It will always become easier with time," Cera agreed. All of it. Time mended as many wounds as Cera had ever known in his life. Of course, though Cera adored company, it never seemed to seek him out without desiring something in return. So he waited patiently as it was revealed, as it was always wont to do.

Ah, but what a wonderful reason for once!

Cera's excitement would have exploded out of his own skin were it possible, and the Prince perked up at the mere idea of interest in his field. "Never too busy for someone interested in crafting!" he chirped, wings trembling with restrained eagerness. "Come, I'll show you," he breathed, turning with a bright smile and practically skipping back to where Ilaria was keeping careful watch over the clay blueprints. Waiting until the pair had followed, Cera pointed out the very center of the piece. "This is the well. I crafted it last season, and though it still needs a top and a way to haul the water out, it's full and prepared for use." Of course, that would need some explanation as well. "You see, the Throat is the largest target for drought, and our only source of drinkable water is the Oasis. I've always feared it drying up someday, though I doubt the God of the Sun would allow that to happen for long. Still, I wanted another source of water - and with how massive the Throat is, if anyone was dehydrated it could be too late by the time they reached the Oasis." Brow crinkled into a frown, merely imagining the disasters that the Throat had somehow gracefully avoided. They'd never stopped plaguing Cera, even when they never happened. Because they still could.

"The irrigation system is meant to solve that. It's shallow, half of a metal tube that is just above the sand and raised on small intermittent, half-square poles. They reflect in the sun and moon alike, so bumping into them wouldn't be a problem, and they're low enough for foals to walk over. They would all connect to the well, maybe even more than one. The irrigation system itself would be like a loop, eventually all of it connecting back up so that any water would be reused - since it's fresh water, we don't want to waste it by dumping it into saltwater that we can't drink." Realizing he was rambling on, Cera cleared his throat a little shyly and turned to smile at the pair. "It would greatly improve the hydration of our herd, and any droughts would be more than capable of being dealt with since the well water is found underground where the heat can't reach." Gazing out eagerly across the sands, Cera's golden primaries flexed and trembled with excitement.

"I was thinking in the future we could even team up with the Basin for their cloth, and make coverings to keep the water from evaporating as quickly with the heat. It would be nice shade too. But I've yet to figure out all the flaws in that plan." Finally he settled his emeralds on Mesec, glowing from the inside out. This was what he loved to do, what his purpose was. And he liked to think that he excelled at it. "For me, crafting isn't just about making armor, or random items. They may be bigger projects, and they may take more time, but all my crafts have always helped the herd just as much as any healer can help a single equine. It's what I love to do. Keeping your herd safe doesn't have to come from violence," Cera noted a bit quietly, mind flashing to Midas and all the invasions he'd had to see the Gallant run off to.

@[Sohalia] && @[Mesec]

Image Credit
Code: Time & Neo

RE: Made of Steel - Blu - 08-15-2015

unarchived per request

RE: Made of Steel - Mesec - 08-15-2015

Mesec wanted to believe Cera, wanted to believe that he could fit in here, that the Throat would be the place for him, with all his heart. Could it be that somewhere, in this light and summer  atmosphere, there was a place for a shadow of the moon? Maybe this herd could be his home and his family, not just the herd his friends lived in where he was sticking around temporarily. And if Cera’s sister could survive here with a dark coat, then chances were that he could find a way to as well. “If you could ask her, that would be wonderful. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.” In Tallsun it had been for most of the day when the heat became close to unbearable - but when night came, Mesec started to feel at home. He had never seen a sky so big as the one in the Throat, never been able to turn around and see so many stars all at once.

He eagerly picked up his steps and followed a cheerful Cera to where his companion waited with the designs etched in the clay soil.

The passion at which Cera spoke about his work amazed Mesec, and if he did not think it so wonderful then he might have been jealous. Ampere spoke like that, about companions and about the WHATCH. He loved watching her whenever she spoke about her passions, it never failed to stir something within him as well - and he experienced (almost) the same sensation with Cera now. How could anyone not feel inspired when they were in the company of someone speaking about a true passion of theirs? Mesec’s curiosity about crafting was being fueled the more that he stood here, listening to Cera and - in some parts - forgetting to listen because he was just watching the golden stallion speak.

One day, he hoped, he mind find something that inspired him so much! Gods granted, it would be something here in the Throat so that he could give back to the herd that had taken him in. Cera was right, everything that he just described would help the entire herd, it was easy to see especially after they had just finished one of the hottest Tallsuns he could remember. “That is all so fascinating, Cera! What an incredible system you’ve thought up. Truly.” It would definitely be beneficial for the Throat to have accessible water, especially if the oasis became overused or started to dry up. Stranger things, they both knew, had happened in Helovia. 

Mesec lowered his head to get a better look at the designs but did not get any closer out of fear of stepping on them. “How will you get the water to pump around in the loop?” The question was cautious - he knew that Cera had said that he had not yet figured out all the flaws in the plan so maybe such a question was out of place.

image by Blu

@Cera and @Sohalia if you still want <3

RE: Made of Steel - Sohalia - 08-25-2015

The ivory dove faded easily into the background, a small, proud smile on her petite features as she watched Cera bring Mesec easily into the fold.  She had known Cera for quite some time, had watched him grow into a wonderful young stallion, and she was pleased to see the same gentleness that she harbored in her heart had remained in his.  Theirs was a cold world, even in their desert home - it was so easy to lose the light that led you forward, so easy to lose faith in that which you cannot see, so easy to give up when faced with so much darkness.  She wondered vaguely if Cera had ever needed someone, if she could have saved him some heartache simply by being around, by avoiding her capture of several seasons before.  She hoped that he had found happiness and satisfaction - at least in his work, if nothing else.

As the golden boy's lit with excitement, the Transcended perked her own ears forward, interest gleaming in her bi-colored orbs.  She followed easily alongside Mesec as Cera led them, pointing out and explaining the presence of a newly crafted well.  The mare walked a circle around it, inspecting it from every angle, impressed by the magnitude of her once-pupil's imagination.  During her time as Forger, she had sought only to finish the projects started by her predecessors.  Never had she imagined anything with this level of intricacy or importance!  Questions flitted through her mind as the stallion continued, talking about his plans for irrigating the land.  Before she could speak, however, Mesec voiced his own inquiry.

"Unless I'm wrong," she ventured, raising her brows to Cera for agreement, "the nature of water should provide the flow on its own?"  She paused, allowing Cera time to agree or disagree, then continued.  "You may not need the Basin as much as you'd think, though - have you considered making the majority of the length a complete pipe, with half cut out for only short distances in strategic places?  It may be possible to use metal or wood to construct shade over those portions.  If you cover the top with moss or other greenery, or use some kind of insulation, it may provide shelter for those in need of shade and help to prevent evaporation.  Of course, depending on the structure, it may also make it hotter underneath," she mused.

"Talk talk talk."
-Astraeus.-

@[Cera]