HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
:: Q&A :: - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Comments (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: :: Q&A :: (/showthread.php?tid=19769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: :: Q&A :: - Beowulf - 06-10-2016

@Tamme
Cheers hun. Wasnt sure if i could just post in ranks or not. If i could get your email for the site i will see if i can unblock it or something in my actual email account. See if i can make something work

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 06-10-2016

Yeah, it's through their firewall system D: I've tried to change things up so they still get through, but it's tough trying to fight with these big giants like google and yahoo.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Caleb - 06-14-2016

Quick question! For tribrids, do they have to be pegasus/unicorn/equine or can they be pegasus/unicorn/animal?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 06-15-2016

@Caleb pegasusxunicornxequine!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Nova - 06-15-2016

Would a medium/small mutation pass allow a non-unicorn character to grow a horn?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Astarot - 06-16-2016

Would someone be able to get magic that turns them into a hell hound? If so, would they be able to upgrade it to have one of the magics they can have?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 06-16-2016

Nova :: You can grow a horn, yes, but your character would have none of the genetic info for it and it would be weak and brittle.

Pare :: Yes, you can get magic to transform into a hellhound, and you can upgrade it for a magic similar to their ability but not exactly as hellhound magic is multi-part.

@Nova @Astarot

RE: :: Q&A :: - Zyanya - 06-16-2016

I apologize in advance if I'm just being impatient here, but......

Would it be alright for me to start a new thread in the Aurora Basin without waiting for a reply in my current thread? I read in their rules that she has to be accepted into the herd by a higher ranked member. Since Zya is my first character I'm sort of stuck in posting purgatory at the moment and would like to get rolling.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Astarot - 06-16-2016

Awesome thank you Tamme <3

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 06-16-2016

Hey there Zyanna!

You can actually go to the "rank change request" thread in the updates board and request to be turned into an "outcast". At that point you can start an open thread in the Aurora Basin.

@Zyanya

RE: :: Q&A :: - Zyanya - 06-16-2016

Ahh, thank you Tamme. I will do that. :)

RE: :: Q&A :: - Rexanna - 06-24-2016

So, as far as everything on records goes, Rexanna stole Crowley. Originally, she was going to give him to Ashamin for his care, but Dingo went on absent so I think Crowley is still in Rex's care at the moment. Can she let him go? If so, how would that go with Dingo being on absent? Or are we just kind of stuck at the moment? :o

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 06-24-2016

Of course you can let him go. You can just put an OOC note in a post, or actually write a post of her letting him go. It's assumed, even if Dingo is on absent, that Crowley is lurking with her.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Skylark - 06-24-2016

Thank you so much Odd! <3

RE: :: Q&A :: - Brisa - 06-25-2016

What kinds of things can be healed using magic? Can something like entropion be fixed with magic since it is something so minor or would this still require a quest?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 06-25-2016

Healers can fix anything a doctor can.

Think of magical healing abilities being on a scale, from the types of things that a walk-in doctor could fix in an hour (abrasions, rashes, coughs, etc) to what surgeons could fix; this should approximate the difference between upgraded healing magic, and non.

Things they can't fix, are things our doctors can't fix, chronic illnesses, and things specifically noted that would take a quest to fix.

So something like entropion seemed fixable by a healer, to me.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Mauja - 06-28-2016

This has never been more than a theoretical question for me before, but now it actually cropped up that I wrote a spar opener that is 800+ words. The rules state: "Also for ease of judging, all fight posts must be under 800 words."

But as the judges only take into account the actual numbered spar posts + closing defense, it leaves it kind of murky on whether or not spar openers (0/3) need to be under 800 words as well. Seeing as the judges only read them to get an idea of the setting (if they read 'em at all) and do not judge what is stated in them.

So the question is: does the entire Battleground thread have to be under 800 words, or only the numbered fight posts + closing defense?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 06-28-2016

In a perfect word, all posts in the battleground would be battle posts. If there needs to be a preamble to get the spar going, ideally it would happen outside of the battlegrounds, because as you noted, that isn't really judged as part of the spar.

HOWEVER, as you also noted, it does get read by the judges so that the emotions, setting, motives, etc., don't just appear out of left field.

But this is where it gets tricky. Because those parts aren't judged, I'm not actually sure whether or not you'd get a -10 deduction for going over. On the one hand, deductions only apply to judged posts and so it seems like you shouldn't, but on the other hand, as a judge, I'd be super annoyed if you wrote a 2000 post novel that I had to read (even skim) through.

All that being said, because all the other 'intro 0/3' posts have always had to be under 800, I would say that for continuity, yes, you have to keep it under 800.

If you want to write a huge intro and it's 0/3, then write it outside of the battleboards and take all the words you want.

:3

RE: :: Q&A :: - Snow - 07-03-2016

I think I've read somewhere that we're not allowed to use GIFs in our posts/tables etc, but I was wondering, are we allowed to use them in our profiles? :o

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 07-03-2016

Yes, you can use them in your profiles :)
@Snow