HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
:: Q&A :: - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Comments (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: :: Q&A :: (/showthread.php?tid=19769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: :: Q&A :: - Volterra - 09-02-2016

I was just looking through warrior rank magic in order to choose one for Vol, and I just have a quick question regarding them:

Battle Cry: Can utter a confidence-shattering cry once during battle that will shake an opponent's resolve and increase the chance/strength of one of your attacks.

Does this mean that Battle Cry works a bit like an amulet, and gives you a one-off boost to Attack/Damage, or is it just meant to be an effect that your opponent incorporates without it actually affecting battle stats (so like regular magic)?

Warrior's Spirit: The spirit of the warrior within can dull the pain from an attack or decrease the chance of an attack hitting.

Likewise, does Warrior's Spirit give an amulet-like one time boost to Defense?

Thanks, this seems like a really dumb question lmfao but I just wanted to make sure before I choose one <33

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 09-02-2016

Battle Cry - Yes, there is no change in stats. It is treated like a magical attack, so if your opponent chooses to ignore it or don't react properly, they may lose realism points (but of course, like any magical attack, so long as they take damage realistically from somewhere, it can be ignored).

Same for Warrior's Spirit - it's an IC boost, where you can let your character dull pain temporarily without losing realism points (so long as you actually 'use' it)

RE: :: Q&A :: - Volterra - 09-02-2016

Thanks Odd! :)

RE: :: Q&A :: - Emily - 09-02-2016

Is it possible to use a twin pass, but have the foals played from the same account like Madryn and Maskan or Olema and Surema were? Or must you find a second player for the foal?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 09-02-2016

Unfortunately we don't allow that anymore! You must have a player for the second foal (but if you want to play both foals, you could always have someone make the account and then take it over after 30 days?)

RE: :: Q&A :: - Macaria - 09-04-2016

Can Mac's sun amulet be a pendant on a silver chain wrapped around the base of her horn? or is that a bit much lol Just wanna check before i write that out xD

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 09-04-2016

Yes! Amulets are very open to interpretation and come with some form of string.

@Macaria

RE: :: Q&A :: - Macaria - 09-05-2016

thanks love nugget 8D juuuust makin sure
@Tamme

RE: :: Q&A :: - Rikyn - 09-09-2016

okay so Gaucho challenged Rikyn for a steal ban on the Dragon's Throat... but I am unsure how these challenges work! with Gaucho having passed into the big blue yonder, does the ban still stand? or will we have to win a challenge against a member of DT?

he's also banned from the Basin for the same thing (LOL jeez child stop stealing stuff) so I figure it's probably important I know how to lift 'em. xD

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 09-09-2016

The terms of the challenge go away with the challenger :)

The same thing would apply if Gaucho had left the DT.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Mauja - 09-15-2016

Is there a time limit on the stealth bans?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 09-15-2016

They last for an IC year, though you can counter-challenge to end it sooner!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 09-16-2016

They also end if the character dies.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tembovu - 09-17-2016

From the Guidebook:
"Your character may only participate in one challenge at a time, and there is a one week cool off after the rubric where neither can challenge or be challenged."

Does this 'one week cool off' period mean no challenges between the 2 characters that were fighting in the challenge? Or can the 2 characters not participate in a challenge with anyone for a week?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 09-17-2016

The latter, no challenges period

RE: :: Q&A :: - Skylark - 09-19-2016

Soooooo, I think there used to be something in the guidebook about companion breeding but I can't find it/dont know if it's still relevant D:

but if it is, I was wondering if it would be possible for the same species companions to breed, (though I remember it saying that the babe wouldn't be a companion, but a free roaming one), EVEN STILL, is it still possibly a thing? xD

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 09-19-2016

Yup! You just can't breed companions to get companion prizes ;D

RE: :: Q&A :: - Skylark - 09-19-2016

awww YISS. dreams are comin true. thanks Blu <3 :D

RE: :: Q&A :: - Kansas - 09-24-2016

I glanced through the Guidebook again for short measure, but there's a good chance I still missed something.

But, in the case of a hybrid are Rougaroo the only creature they can bond too under any circumstances or, with them being hybrid; is it at all possible that they might be capable of bonding to Griffins as well? I don't know, I've just always liked Griffins...

edit lol, Sheba is a uniquine hybrid, which is why I asked about the unicorn bond

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 09-24-2016

Hybrid can bond to whatever species they are a hybrid of + rougarous

So Uniquines can bond to griffons and dragons and rougarous for instance.