HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
:: Q&A :: - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Comments (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: :: Q&A :: (/showthread.php?tid=19769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: :: Q&A :: - Bathsheba - 09-24-2016

Sweet! Thank you Odd! *smooch*

RE: :: Q&A :: - Laine - 09-24-2016

Hello! Re: refusals for companion drops

Are they separated just by companion category or by class too? Like could I use a refusal for a Plain SS drop on a Common SS drop?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Brit - 09-25-2016

"Prior Refusals now have specific application. Magic refusals will now be divided up into type. For instance, if you are trying to gain FirexWater magic from one drop, and enter another drop asking for Time magic, your previous FirexWater refusal will not count towards this new magic. It would however count, if you tried to gain FirexWind magic. Similarly for companions, refusals for a regular companion cannot be used towards a species-specific companion, and vice-versa."

The only thing that matters is the categorization of element or NSS/SS. Plain/Common/Rare doesn't matter! Hope this helps.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tembovu - 09-28-2016

For stealths successfully blocked by a herd lead/sneak, is the stealing-character (stealther?) common knowledge to the lead/sneak ranks? Or the herd? Or only to the character who blocked the stealth?

(This was hard to word, so lmk if it doesn't make sense!)

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 09-28-2016

6. If the stealth fails, the characters who blocked know the appearance and identity of the one who attempted to steal, but not any details about name, herd or position.

So ONLY the person who blocked, and all they know is the appearance, no name/rank/affiliation etc

RE: :: Q&A :: - Aisling - 10-03-2016

HIYA!! -fails to contain drop excitement-

Just checking in for approval on coloration for a Common Green Dragon
Ref: http://sta.sh/0l2ngtihu1z

RE: :: Q&A :: - Random Event - 10-04-2016

Looks good @Laine !

RE: :: Q&A :: - Laine - 10-04-2016

Much appreciated!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Chernobyl - 10-04-2016

Soooo if a mare is about to drop a baby, like real close to due date, would it be permissible for super mild magical things to happen leading up to birth? [Assuming said foal has abilities].

Example:

Chernobyl's foal can mess with gravity, so what if tiny things like leaves started defying gravity for a small second or her walk becomes slightly floaty for a few minutes.

Nothing major. But i was just thinking it would be pretty cool.
Mamas be like wtf am i brewing in there!? xD

<33

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 10-05-2016

Yep that's okay @Psilo !

Just be sure to keep things within reason! :D

RE: :: Q&A :: - Snow - 10-05-2016

I just wanted to check whether this magic would be allowed or whether it would be considered too overpowered? c:

Magic: Dark | Ability to absorb the magical ability of another character to be used at a later date if the magic is cast in his/her vicinity. Can store ?? [I'm guessing one/two??] abilities at once.

So basically the character would function sort of like an amulet. It's kind of like how Vastra can transform into any animal by eating some part of them, but with magic rather than beasties.

Thanks!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 10-05-2016

Tandavi and Thranduil have that magic (Thran's includes appearance too)

Thran

:: [ Magic: Dark (U) | Can mimic another character’s appearance and voice exactly, as well as their magic. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can only remember three identities at a time, and must be within 5m of intended target to 'take' their identity. Using an identity removes it from his 'inventory'; lasts 2 posts in battle ]

Tavi

:: [ Magic: DarkxLight (U) | The ability to copy someone's magical ability by touch or being exposed to it ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can remember only the last 3 magical abilities at a time; in battle, she can only steal and use another magic once per post ]

So you'd have similar restrictions.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Chan - 10-06-2016

Is it possible to use glowing markings on eyes?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Minx - 10-06-2016

would mutation pass suffice for a character to have crystals on their body or would that require passive magic? i'm presently thinking of returning but just want to know because of the character i am contemplating on bringing here.

this is the character in question if that helps.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 10-06-2016

No, unfortunately not! Marking passes are not mutations, so they cannot affect eyes or hooves. Markings are limited to the coat.

@Chan

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 10-06-2016

A mutation would work for that, Minx! Crystals do not require passive magic.
(btw, the horns could all count under the umbrella of "unicorn" since we do not regulate position, material or quantity, etc. So you would just need a mutation for the shoulder and then something for the underbelly.)

@Minx

RE: :: Q&A :: - Emily - 10-09-2016

If you are going to have a character leave Helovia, and it has items you dont want to lose. Can you technically make an IC thread for the one to leave the items and the other to pick them up? Or would you need to steal from yourself? Or how would that work?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 10-09-2016

Either way!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Rikyn - 10-14-2016

Hey! So I just tried to use a VoTG pass but have been told I have to finish his previous quest. There are numerous issues with being able to do this, namely that the magical power he was questing for is now almost identical to the one Thranduil has (which means Rikyn can't have it). He also has two active magics and would thereby need to also get the third magic mutation to even have the modified shape shifting magic currently on his wishlist (which I added when I realized the magic I was questing for was claimed). The third primary issue is that the quest revolved around Rikyn being invisible/soundless/ect., which was broken when I went on long term absence (I think about a week from getting to turn this quest in, if I remember right). If he's no longer invisible, how can he even finish the quest?

Basically I guess I'm wondering what I should do? I figure I can just drop the quest, but would I get my pass back? I feel like it would be immensely unfair to lose my VoTG pass because someone else claimed a magic I was questing for while I was on an unavoidable absence.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 10-14-2016

Hey! Sorry about this.

Did anyone ever say you couldn't use the magic? It might need to be amended slightly, but you could still have a variation that for all intents and purposes is the same. (Tandavi has a similar magic, and I believe someone else is questing for something similar too.)

It sounds like you should have just talked to us about this, because if you had started a quest for a magic we would have never said "oh, sucks for you, even though you did this quest you can't have the magic".

But no, you wouldn't be able to have the pass back. It's unfortunate that you had to go on absent, but those interactions still happened for Rikyn IC, so it would be unfair to give you back the pass that made that development possible.

He only had to be invisible for September/October. If you full on broke that and made him visible, then your quest just failed. If you didn't break it, you could try turning it into Sparky and see what happens. (The worst is that if you just weren't active during those months and so didn't really contribute to the quest, then he might just make you go do something else). However, you're right, you would need a third magic slot. Like I said, you should have just talked to us. Having used up your active magic slots sort of puts you in a bind that I"m not sure how to solve. Either way, Sparky won't help you do anything if you have outstanding things owed to him. Then again, if you fail the quest, he probably won't be likely to help you anyways. Since the magic is darkxspark, he could just go to Moony and ask her.

Feel free to nudge me on Skype about this too if you want.

tl;dr : Get a third magic slot mutation and turn in the quest. Or tell Sparky you don't want to do it anymore (but he won't give you another one for a while, then), or ignore the Sparky quest and ask Moony instead (aka have Rikyn ask for the moon Goddess in response to what the RE said).