HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
:: Q&A :: - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Comments (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: :: Q&A :: (/showthread.php?tid=19769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: :: Q&A :: - Psilo - 02-04-2016

Hm. Thanks [;

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 02-06-2016

Q: Can a white dragon have a little patch of green on the top of its head?

A:Yes you can minorly mix colors, so long as the majority of the companion is the color it's supposed to be you're good! Show your idea to an admin for approval if you're ever unsure.

@Laine

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 02-06-2016

(02-02-2016, 11:49 PM)Riven Wrote: I used to write Africa looking through her companion's eyes. Is this actually possible, or was I naughty - can a character view the world through their companion's eyes?

(02-03-2016, 11:18 AM)Odd Wrote: It isn't like Beast Master (OMG IS THAT REFERENCE TOTALLY TOO OLD?!), where you can steal their eyes and 'be' them. But because you have a mind-to-mind connection with them, you can experience what they're experiencing pretty immediately.

@Riven @Odd just to add to this:
You might also perceive it differently from your companion when they see/smell/hear/taste/touch, because a horse's brain is wired to perceive the world one way, and a companion's another. Just like as humans we cannot see the UV light birds can, so even if you were bonded to a bird, your body simply cannot sense things the same way the bird does, bond or not!
If it was like beast master and you became the bird through the bond, then you could see the UV light, but as Odd pointed out that's not the way it functions.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Zèklè - 02-07-2016

Hey so question about the birthday giveaway trade center! Do you guys want us to wait until records are updated to post our second- and third-degree trades (ex. I trade A to Bob for Y, then trade Y to Jill for K, then trade K to Patrick for H...)? Or just put it all on the table right now? What would make it easiest for you guys? :3

RE: :: Q&A :: - Nova - 02-07-2016

I was wondering if your characters passive magic is that their wings are either on fire/sparked with lightning/shimmer with light/has shadow mist or another magical effect — if they give one of their feathers to another character, does it still hold its fire/etc for aesthetic purposes? or go back to being just a plain feather?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 02-07-2016

You have to wait for a trade to go through before you can re-trade.

And it goes back to being a regular feather. So gauchos feathers, when not attached to him, are not on fire. Since the passive magic is in HIM and not in each feather.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Myrrine - 02-07-2016

Hey so, if your foal parents are let's say a silver dapple and a buckskin; and if your baby is going to be a unicorn; are you able to bend the color gene rules a little bit and say; make them a silver dun? I know that magical creatures have a little more leeway with their coloring (like pegasi and unicorns), but I've never really known the specifics.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 02-07-2016

Oh no. You don't have to follow realistic coat traits if you're using foal stats. If you don't use stats and we roll it, we do try to be realistic, but in most cases it's just because that's simpler. :)

RE: :: Q&A :: - Minx - 02-08-2016

so.. i'm trying to understand these mutation items that were handed out.. like for e.g if i were to use my mutation item and wanted to give Libertad canine fangs would that be classified as a mutation?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 02-08-2016

(02-08-2016, 02:56 PM)Minx Wrote: so.. i'm trying to understand these mutation items that were handed out.. like for e.g if i were to use my mutation item and wanted to give Libertad canine fangs would that be classified as a mutation?

Yes! That would count as a mutation. The mutations allow non-normal horse traits to be added to your character without needing a hybrid pass. So if I want an equine with three-toed hooves, that would be a medium mutation. If I wanted a unicorn with fangs, that would be a small mutation!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Riven - 02-08-2016

When using foal stats, is it possible to request a specific build or breed influence for the foal using each parent's breeding? I understand that we can't choose the 'stats'- this is more about character concept design and their development around that concept long-term.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 02-09-2016

As long as it makes sense, you definitely can! All foals will have a mix of both their parents stats, and so it wouldn't make sense to say "Exactly like parent A". But if you look at Tae/Grusha for instance, Tae is built more like Ampere, and Grusha is built more like Gaucho, and those are things that Ali and I did request.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Riven - 02-09-2016

Thank you :) that makes sense!!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Shady - 02-11-2016

Sort of an odd question, but I was thinking about it earlier. Can foals (under the age of 2) be challenged for their freedom/items/etc?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 02-11-2016

Nope!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Shady - 02-11-2016

Haha thanks for indulging my curiosity Blu (:

RE: :: Q&A :: - Kiki - 02-17-2016

Question regarding plain ss companions!

Would they be allowed to have very subtle markings in another color? I.e. 3 gold freckles, tips of horns a different color?

Obviously subtle because they're plain for a reason!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 02-17-2016

Yes, absolutely! Just be sure to run your final design by an admin before you finalize everything. Good examples that are nice and subtle are Destrier's green dragon with black stripes, Tinek the silver dragon with red spines, and so on and so forth. As long as the majority of your color scheme is the main color, that's okay!

@Kiki

RE: :: Q&A :: - Sarah - 02-19-2016

Some questions about quests!

If you've used a VotG pass to get a quest but for IC reasons it doesn't look like the quest is going to be finished, can you go have a conversation with the god that assigned it? Or would you need a second VotG pass to get an audience?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 02-19-2016

I am not entirely sure, Sarah. I think that would be up to the discretion of the admin in charge of the quest and the god. Some gods may ask why you didn't finish, but others may ignore you entirely.

This would be something to ask on an individual basis by PMing "Mythical Request" or "Official".

@Sarah