HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
:: Q&A :: - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Comments (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: :: Q&A :: (/showthread.php?tid=19769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: :: Q&A :: - Sarah - 02-19-2016

okay thank you Tamme, I'll do that :)

RE: :: Q&A :: - Nyx - 02-20-2016

Just out of curiosity, is there a set date on when the Birthday Giveaway Trading Centre is due to close and prizes be added so they can be used? c:

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 02-20-2016

Soooooooooooooooon!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Ashamin - 02-20-2016

Do appearance mutations have the possibility to pass onto offspring the same way that genetic mutations do? And what is their size range, is it similar to markings?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 02-20-2016

No they don't.

If you use a mutation pass to say give yourself a leonine tail when you had a normal one, or three-toed feet, or fangs or extra ears or something, those traits cannot be passed onto a foal, without needing another mutation pass for the foal.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Mauja - 02-22-2016

So about stealths and IC. If a stealth is successfully blocked, we know who made it, because we blocked it. But if a stealth is successful - do we know who stole our item/herd member?

If we don't know, what's the viable IC options to getting your item/s back? Pestering the gods? Threading with 39683 people? I mean, most people aren't carrying all their items with them at all times, so even if you posted with the one who stole your thing they could just say "Oh s/he's not got it with them at this time" and I would be none the wiser.

Thoughts? Since I've delved into the whole realm of items I'm wanting to know my options if something of mine does get stolen. ^^

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 02-22-2016

You would have to thread with the person who has your item and notice it. We assume if its in their records that you can say you saw it on them!

Thanks! In the case of the person stealing your item, and pretty much never again posting/disappearing before you have the chance to hunt them down (for example falling inactive on that character and not transferring the item), what can be done? :/ Or is it like, lost forever?

Unfortunately it is lost forever :/ we've discussed ways to take things from AA/dead/MIA characters and simply haven't been able to find something that we feel would be fair for all parties involved.

@Neo what you can do is use an item pass to remake the item and it's essentially considered to be the same item. You can just say you 'found' it or got it back somehow, in the event you have no way of getting the real item back. That does mean for an enchanted item it has to be a custom item.

Mkay. ^^

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 02-22-2016

As for size range, the examples given on the giveaway list has details about small and medium mutation examples :) If you have a question, discuss with an admin first

@Ashamin

RE: :: Q&A :: - Ashamin - 02-22-2016

Thanks Tamme and Odd re mutations!

In regards to what @Mauja said, if the character is not AA or absent but just MIA you can still steal it back from them even if you didn't see them though, correct? Given that people steal items from characters they've never met pretty much all the time, I assumed this would apply also to re-stealing an item.

You cannot steal from dead, hidden, AA, absent, up for adoption, or 'MIA' (account deleted, but character isn't dead). So no you cannot steal from MIA characters in those terms.

You can steal from a character that still has an account but is inactive though, if that's what you mean? i.e. ranked in a herd/outcast, has no absence up, but hasn't been played in months.

In order to steal/challenge for items back that were successfully stolen you need IC knowledge that a character has it on them by threading with them when it's in their records. Even though you can steal things originally from characters you've never met before, it doesn't work in reverse as a way to protect successful sneaks.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Ashamin - 02-22-2016

@Blu I meant the second thing about someone who is just inactive but still officially present, yes. And ok, good to know about not being able to steal back things without seeing them. Thanks!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Johnny - 02-24-2016

Can parrot companions learn to imitate words like actual parrots can?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 02-24-2016

Yep!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Shady - 02-25-2016

Regarding challenging for stolen items back without IC knowledge of the thief's identity via prior threading, is this a new rule or has it been in effect for some time?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 02-25-2016

This has been in effect for a few years. It's considered a form of metaplaying.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Jen - 02-27-2016

I think I have at some point already asked this and I am fairly certain I know the answer, but I want to be sure and figure it might be useful for other people as well, so: do spars and challenges exist on separate timelines? IE, I could make a spar and a challenge on the same day and not be given a damage reduction in them, right? Since otherwise someone could challenge someone who just made a spar so they would have a reduction, which wouldn't be fair.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Blu - 02-27-2016

Yep! Spars and challenges can occur at the same time.