HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
:: Q&A :: - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Comments (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: :: Q&A :: (/showthread.php?tid=19769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: :: Q&A :: - Chimera - 04-13-2016

q. Can hybrids that are part fantasy mix (such as dragon/equine) pass on their non-horse attributes to their foals? Such as elongated fangs, gils, scales, talons, claws, and what not? If not, what exactly are they able to pass on genetically?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Time - 04-14-2016

Good question! When dealing with hybrid babies, whatever breed your baby is will determine what traits they have. You would need to use a hybrid pass to have a hybrid baby (or you can leave it to the hybrid fertility gods). If your baby is not a hybrid of a non-horse species, you would need a mutation pass (small, medium or large) to pass on non-horse traits.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Jen - 04-20-2016

Are you allowed to go to the veins and request that you be surprised with what you receive from your wishlist? IE, if you had two magics on your wishlist and would like for the gods to decide which one to give your character at that time for more organic flow of character development, could you say at the bottom of your post "please surprise me with one of these two" or some such?

EDIT:

Is it possible to ask for something at the veins entirely OOC? Still making a post but not having your character necessarily say "I want this, please," since they might not know what they want? I ask for characters who you as a player wish to receive magic but who IC do not really know about magic, or the process of receiving it, or what types there are, or would be unable to request for it themselves for some reason or another.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 04-20-2016

Good question!

Honestly, it's mostly on a case-by-case basis. So for instance if your character absolutely hates one of the Gods and they hate them back, it would be entirely unrealistic for you to show up and have them just appear and be like "I'm feeling generous, go do this thing and I"ll give you stuff."

I also really try to avoid situations where OOC prizes like VOTG passes and whatnot force the Gods to do anything that isn't organic or that they wouldn't normally do. However it does happen - for instance the Sun God gave Gaucho his glowing markings without Gaucho asking, but that's because Sunny and Gaucho were already in the same place and it made sense. Some Gods are nice like Earthy and might want to just 'help you out' and be like "yo bro, you need to work on this. Go do it" and when you do, he gives you something. Others, like Timey, couldn't give two shits and wouldn't.

So like I said, it's mostly case by case. The best thing to do would be to PM me or the other admin ahead of time and sketch out what you're thinking and then I can give you more specific information.

Does that roughly answer your question?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Jen - 04-20-2016

Hmm, I think so. If I find I need more information I will be sure to PM when the situation arises. Thanks Odd!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Oizys - 04-21-2016

If your none-pegasus character gets the magic to shapeshift into a creature that can fly, is it possible for the magic upgrade to be that gliding rules no longer apply?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 04-21-2016

No unfortunately!

I believe there is a lengthier explanation of this a few pages back ... but no, non-flighted creatures can never do more than glide.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tiamat - 04-21-2016

I apologize if this is a silly question xD

For magic drops, do you only count prior refusals for that specific magic that you're trying to get, or can any magics within the same class (i.e. Earth) count as well?
So for an example, if I've gotten a prior refusal for magic A that is Earth x Dark, and in a current drop I'm aiming for magic B that is Earth x Wind, does the refusal for magic A count for magic B, since they're both Earth? (if the drop is for Earth magic) Or can you only count prior refusals specifically for magic A?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 04-22-2016

Not silly at all!

I just pulled this from the Update thread. Let me know if you need more clarification:

Prior Refusals now have specific application. Magic refusals will now be divided up into type. For instance, if you are trying to gain FirexWater magic from one drop, and enter another drop asking for Time magic, your previous FirexWater refusal will not count towards this new magic. It would however count, if you tried to gain FirexWind magic. Similarly for companions, refusals for a regular companion cannot be used towards a species-specific companion, and vice-versa.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Imogen - 04-22-2016

Yes that answered my question, thank you!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Oizys - 04-25-2016

Thanks Odd!

I have another shapeshifting magic question too - is there a limit on what type shapeshifting magic can be? Like, I've kind of always thought that transformations into 'bad' creatures/mythical ones is Dark magic (like Reginald's basilisk, Vol's hopefully-soon-to-be Cerberus) with the restriction that it's very painful, whereas transformations into 'good' creatures is Earth or Light magic (like Tembovu's elephant, Tsavo's lion) with the restriction that they're immobilised.

Is this the case, or could I for example have the chimera magic on Ozzy's wishlist be Spark rather than Dark, as long as the transformation was somewhat Spark related (like she transforms in a cloud of electricity or something)? And could a transformation be, say, Fire or Water as long as the transformation incorporated that element?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 04-25-2016

UHM.

I think the answer is no? But let me break it down for you.

So it would never just be light or something like that, since light magic is normally illusory. You aren't just becoming the illusion of something, you're transforming into it. That's where you get the dark or earth from. You must have one of those two. Most have dark.

As for adding fire or water - I don't see how or why that would be necessary. If you added on 'transforms in a cloud of electricity' that would be an upgrade to the magic, and so yes, would require spark. But that has nothing to do with being transformation magic.

Does that make sense?

When you have transformation magic you can do one of two things:
1. You can transform into two separate things once upgraded
2. You can transform into one thing, and give yourself a power that that thing has.

Example: Iso can transform into a bird and a dragon. Alune can transform into a dragon that breathes fire (I think .. it does something else, anyways). Iso's dragon form can never breath fire, and Alune can never transform into someone other than a dragon (using that one magic slot, anyways).

HELPFUL??

RE: :: Q&A :: - Volterra - 04-25-2016

Yeah you answered it Odd! I pretty much wanted to know if shapeshifting magic HAS to be Dark or Earth, which you've answered so ty <33

RE: :: Q&A :: - mar - 04-26-2016

Hello! Not sure if this has been answered before, or if I missed something in the guide book >< But here I go.

If I wanted Ru (me character) to get healed from something, would I have to have that in my wishlist for a month? And if I have some ideas how that healing could pan out; say, like a visible crack that runs from her eye, down her neck to the end of her hoof (that takes the pathway of that disease- filled with silver, obsidian, something like that), is that allowed? (The quest itself would be up to the God, or any consequences that went with that end result).

I'm thinking I might need to put some sort of color mutation for this in my wishlist? But I wanted to be sure.

SO, to boil it down:
1) Do you need to put a 'healing' request in your wishlist (wait for a month, like regular magics/stuffs)
2) Can you suggest a part of the end result, for said healing? (like I mentioned with the physical change there)

Thank-you! <3

RE: :: Q&A :: - Zèklè - 04-26-2016

If I joined a Rift character who I basically never played and I want to use that design for a different idea now, could I join an entirely new character with the same name and design but no connection to the Rift, and just never mention my Rift character ever again?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 04-26-2016

@Mar Welcome!

If you need be healed, no you do not have to have it on your wishlist! Just find a healer! Each herd has a few healers, and lots of characters can heal on their own! We also assume that most injuries will heal on their own over about a week.

If this is more magical, then yes you would need a quest. Maybe I need more information! I'm not sure why you'd need the extra healing part you described (the crack, the obsidian, etc).

@Charks

We'd delete the old character. If you're okay with that, then yep!

Oh okay.

For more info, it would be cancerous. A tumour in the brain, spreading to certain areas over time. I wasn't sure if a healer could heal something like that? Otherwise, if they can that would be sweet! And if they could even detect something like that?

The crack was more of an artistic idea, that I thought would be interesting to have for the character. The substance kind of taking the place of the damaged cells, healing it, and then leaving that crack like mark on the body.

Thanks for answering though, much appreciated!

@Mar

Ah! If it's something like cancer, then you're right - you would need a God to step in! Probably the Earth God or the Sun God would be the ones.

And yes, if they sent you on a quest you could totally have some sort of representation of the illness! :D

Okay. Thanks Odd! <3