HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
:: Q&A :: - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Comments (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: :: Q&A :: (/showthread.php?tid=19769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: :: Q&A :: - Riven - 05-02-2016

Are our characters allowed to join drop threads for the purpose of experience and character development alone? They would not be entering to receive anything.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 05-02-2016

Yes, you can join for personal experience if you make it very clear in the OOC portion of your thread that you are not competing. However, there are some drops/events where we will limit to competitors only. Just make sure to keep an eye on the guidelines of the specific event.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Riven - 05-02-2016

Thank you!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Ki'irha - 05-08-2016

What's the ruling on mutated characters? Like, a horse with 6 legs or 2 heads?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Time - 05-08-2016

For these types of characters you would need to use mutation passes. The specific requests should be approved by an administrator. :D

RE: :: Q&A :: - Ki'irha - 05-08-2016

So, say, get ahold of a large Mutation pass, then send to an admin for clearance to join the character?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Time - 05-08-2016

Yes!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 05-14-2016

Obviously this isn't a question, but I didn't want to post this as an actual official message, and since most of you check this when there's a new post, I thought it would be a good place for it!

I just wanted to make a quick comment about Ascendancy, and using magic/item passes.

I've used lots of custom item passes and magic passes on my characters. It's so easy, and sometimes it's nice for them to just 'have' magic (and not have to ask for it), because plotting-wise that makes more sense. And now with more and more babies being born with magic, actually going to the veins and completing a quest is more rare.

All of that is TOTALLY FINE, but I've had a few people ask me about being ascended. Remember, being ascended is a gift from the GODS. So if you've never gone to see them, you will literally never become ascended. Look at our Ascendeds: Midas, Gaucho, Ophelia, Mauja. The first three all did multiple quests with the Gods that ended up ascending them. Mauja? Not so much, which is why even though Mauja is absolutely amazeballs, because his only real tie to the Gods was through leadership, it took him longer. 

SO. If becoming ascended is something you'd like for your characters, remember that building a relationship with a God is the most important thing that you can do (other than being badass, and active, and totally rad ;) )

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 05-14-2016

*** I also want to add to this that Ophelia was dismissed from being ascended multiple times when names were brought up due to her not having roughly 800 posts. It wasn't until another admin made a case for her god relationshipand IC accomplishments (successful invasions, starting an outcast group, ruling 3/4 herds) that she was even considered! So post count really matters and Ophelia is really an outlier in that regard.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Volterra - 05-14-2016

With the new rules for wishlists, in that you no longer need to have stuff on there for a month before you can try and obtain it - does this also apply to characters you put on there for seasonal slots? As in, do you still need to put a character idea on your wishlist for a month before you can try and snag a seasonal magic/companion etc. slot for them? :)

RE: :: Q&A :: - Riven - 05-15-2016

I was wondering please, if an admin might clarify what the 'Appearance Change Pass' can do. Is it only one aspect, or can it be a whole appearance overhaul (eyes, coat colour, existing markings markings, mane/tail altogether within their species), like a new character design sort of thing. I hope this makes sense xD

Also wondering if it would be allowed to have Fig eventually become rooted permanently somewhere (was thinking a herd territory) :P  I think it would be neat and give her a challenging edge to write her in that situation with shifting herds/faces.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 05-15-2016

@Snow nope! You don't need to have in there for a month. It just needs to be on there :)

@Riven The Appearance Change Pass allows you to change one aspect of your characters appearance. So their eye colour, mane/tail colour, remove a marking, add a marking, grow/shrink by 1hh, etc. So no, it isn't a new design.

Any we're going to ask Blu about Fig, since Lignea's are her species. To have her rooted somewhere but still alive would probably take magic (like a one time magic type of thing. Probably earth magic pass OR using a VOTG Pass). But we'll see what Blu says!

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 05-15-2016

FOLLOW UP: Blu is onboard!

But yes, you would need magic to make it happen. A VOTG pass would work to get a one time magic to root her in place, OR you could use an earth magic if you had one :)

RE: :: Q&A :: - Riven - 05-15-2016

Awesome :) thank you for both answers

RE: :: Q&A :: - Nova - 05-20-2016

I was just wondering why health defects require a VOTG pass to fix, since VOTG passes are hard to come by and are usually used for magic, companions and custom item quests. It seems odd that they'd be used to fix health issues, wouldn't characters with upgraded healing magic be able to heal those ailments instead?

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 05-20-2016

Think of our characters who can heal as Doctors. Doctors can't cure you of your cancer, though often they can mitigate symptoms. If you've broken your back and are a paraplegic, they can give you things for the pain and help re-set bones, but you'll never walk again, or if you do, you certainly won't be at 100%.

So those are the instances where you'd need to go to the Gods.

Does that make sense? That's why we don't allow foals to spar, why we don't advise having babies in Frostfall, etc. Because 90% of the time things WILL go wrong and it will be a permanent injury, aka one that a healer can't fix.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Tamme - 05-20-2016

Healing magic can only heal minor scrapes and bruises. If you have a genetic health defect, you will need a god to fix it. You can show up in any god-related or magic related thread to ask for fixing of ailments and you can go to the veins and ask for healing and get rolled randomly. The point is that if you are that injured/sick, you should have to live with it for a little while and actually suffer the consequences. This isn't supposed to be an "easy fix" or OP game. There are supposed to be very real ailments, illnesses and hardships. We believe that this is one way to bring in that dark, realistic element.

RE: :: Q&A :: - Volterra - 05-20-2016

'You can show up in any god-related or magic related thread to ask for fixing of ailments and you can go to the veins and ask for healing and get rolled randomly.'

Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly, does this mean I could throw Ozzy (who has a birth heart defect) into any magic drop thread and have her ask the God to be healed - and if she rolled as the winner, she'd be healed? :O Does it also mean she could go to the Veins, even without a VOTG pass, and ask for healing and it'd be rolled whether a God attended or not? -hopes begin to rise dangerously-

RE: :: Q&A :: - Nova - 05-20-2016

I see, it makes sense! Thank you to both of you for answering me so speedily <3

RE: :: Q&A :: - Odd - 05-20-2016

Yes Snow, you can.

I won't tell you what the probability of success/failure is, but I will say that it is very IC dependant. We do pay attention to how characters sustain their injuries (i.e. a foal ignoring our warnings and fighting anyways vs. someone who is crippled in a SWP trying to defend someone else).

But you're welcome to try. Just remember that it IS possible to get on the God's nerves, so bear that in mind as well! :D