HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Frostfall's Kiss - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Frostfall's Kiss (/showthread.php?tid=20328)

Frostfall's Kiss - Morrigan - 08-15-2015

Morrigan

"Next time, pay attention to what you're doing. Goofball." I muttered under my breath as I studied a small wound on Pongo's leg. My companion didn't appreciate my sarcastic remark, giving me a snort to express his disdain towards me. With nothing more than a roll of my eyes, I stepped away from him to scavange the plants of the Oasis. His leg was already cleaned, but I sought a specific plant to make sure that the wound would not get infected. "Don't be that way, if it was something serious I wouldn't be poking fun. It's just a scratch, but you really should be more careful."  Settling on an Aloe plant, I carefully placed my lips around one of the smaller, tender leaves. Jerking my crown to the side, the plump leaf easily snapped off of it's host and allowed me to bring the healing plant towards the bongo.

Softly I chewed at the plant, feeling the innards begin to squish into a gel that I gently began to squeeze onto Pongo's scratch. Spitting out the aloe leaf, I was pleased to see Pongo return to his feet with a satisfied look on his face. "There now, just remember you need to mind the cacti around these lands. I don't want you hurting yourself to become a habit." With that being said, I reached down to nuzzle my best friend between his large ears.  My nuzzle was met with a surprisingly loud gurgle, and I realized that it was his stomach growling with hunger. With a silent toss of my head, I knew that we needed to find something for him. My own stomach clawed away at me from the inside out, resorting to burning through any reserves of fat that may have still lingered on my thinning frame. My time alone in the desert had taken it's toll on my body, with my ribs just beginning to show through my coat. I knew that I could hold off a little longer, this was not the first time I had done without, but this was the first time that I was responsible for the life of another. Inspecting the other plants, I guided my companion towards a dry, yet still edible, bush.

With Pongo now eating, I stood protectively over him to block any chill winds that may arrive. While the desert may not have been the coldest environment in the Helovian lands, it was not a stranger to the icy kiss of Frostfall. Looking back over my shoulder for any familiar faces that may be wandering nearby, I began to wonder if anyone else in the herd was struggling with hunger.

@Mesec and anyone else wanting join in! Morrigan needs to actually know her herdmates, it's been long enough lol.

RE: Frostfall's Kiss - Odd - 10-12-2015

unarchived as per request

RE: Frostfall's Kiss - Mesec - 10-18-2015

Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

To say that Mesec was nervous upon entering the Throat with Lucius for the first time was an understatement. It had been a tricky crossing to be sure, he wished for the landbridge so that he could safely walk across while keeping the young bird safe. As it was, he had flown as slow as he could - carefully keeping an eye on the little hatchling that clutched at his mane with a grip so tight for one so young. He was getting bigger, day by day Mesec could see it, and his feathers were no longer simply black as Mesec had first suspected. There was silver in there, and purple and teal. Sometimes in the light, the colour seemed to shift so that he wasn’t sure that the little zephyr wasn’t all of the colours of the rainbow at once.

Now that he was in the Throat, all Mesec needed to do was avoid Ampere. That shouldn’t be too hard, right? It wasn’t like she was someone that patrolled the borders a lot or… a prevalent member of the herd or anything. Okay, it might be harder than he thought. It might even be safer to spend some time away from the Throat - but this was one of the warmest spots in Helovia and during the chilly season, he thought it best not to risk the chick’s life at night by sleeping in snowdrifts.

He was slinking about, probably looking awfully suspicious as he kept glancing around - keeping an eye open for anything blue, when he noticed the mare and the… deer? “Hello.” Mesec called out to the pair, careful to keep his wings folded over the young Lucius to protect him as he approached. The wind was too icy today, even here, to leave him exposed for very long. “I didn’t know it could get so chilly in the Throat.” He commented, distracted as he made another scan for Ampere, coming to a stop a few paces away from the mare. She wasn’t familiar to him but, then, he was still learning the faces of his herd mates. “My name’s Mesec.” He doesn’t introduce the bird hidden underneath his wings, he’s still getting used to being bonded and that there was always someone else around.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

FIFTEEN YEARS LATER
@Morrigan

I swear replies will not take two months in the future <333

RE: Frostfall's Kiss - Morrigan - 10-29-2015

Morrigan

I nearly leaped out of my skin at the voice of a strange male that had called out from behind me, completely unaware that he had even slinked by despite the fact that Pongo was blatantly staring at him with a mouthful of dry twigs and leaves in his mouth. My heart pounded in my chest from the surprise as I turned around, scarlet orbs landing on the pegasus, no, a hybrid stallion. For just a second, my scarlet gaze eyed him as he spoke, having never seen him around the Dragon's Throat before and put on edge by his sudden arrival. Shuffling my hooves, I twisted around to face him as he introduced himself, slowly regaining my courage to speak and catching my breath. "Sorry, you startled me..." I could feel the pile of hair that hung from my neck move, brushing aside as my companion curled underneath my mane like a blanket.

"Not many realize just how cold a desert can be, even one dedicated to the Sun God...My name is Morrigan, and this little guy is Pongo." I glanced down to my beloved who was poking his head out from beneath his makeshift blanket stare up at the hybrid. Large ears flicked towards the hybrid, his wet nose wiggling as he sniffed the air to try and get a good whiff of the one who had introduced himself as Mesec. Just the sight of his adorable face peeking out from beneath the massive amounts of hair brought a smile to my muzzle, giving me a moment to forget about my discomfort of the cold. Returning my gaze to the hybrid, I narrowed my eyes for a second before I spoke again. "I know I don't speak to many of the herd, but I don't believe I've ever seen you before. Are you new to Dragon's Throat?"

@Mesec

RE: Frostfall's Kiss - Mesec - 11-18-2015

Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

The guilt hit him like a jolt when he caused this stranger to jump right out of her skin with his greeting. He had tried to avoid sneaking up on her to avoid such a reaction but it seemed his attempts had been in vain. The strong rush of the negative feeling caused his companion to stir in the shelter underneath his wings, a sharp jab of pain when the beak shot at his back. Retaliation for having emotions? Lucius seemed to spend most of his time sleeping and his waking hours were split evenly between eating and judging Mesec for his strong reactions.

Luckily, the mare recovered from the spook quickly - moving easily to introduce herself and her companion. Morrigan and Pongo, he grinned brightly at the two of them - nodding to acknowledge the small deer. “He’s cute.” He found himself wondering about the companion, how long she had had it, whether she found him to be as critical of her thoughts and movements as Lucius was turning out to be. The care of a small bird was a delicate and time consuming process and one that was teaching Mesec a lot. He had been around companions for the entirety of his life but it was something quite different to actually have the bond himself.

Pestering her with the dozens of questions that were popping into his mind did not seem like a polite way to continue with the conversation, especially after giving her a jump already. “I am, been here for about a season I think but I haven’t been very social myself.” Which could certainly explain why they had not yet crossed paths before. “Have you lived here long?”

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

@Morrigan