HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
| this is my fight song | aw - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: | this is my fight song | aw (/showthread.php?tid=20679)

| this is my fight song | aw - Reizend - 09-07-2015

i've still got a lot of fight left in me

TENUITY, CULPABILITY, DISMAY

ALIKE THE ZEALOUS SERRATION OF A WHITTLED BLADE, THEY SUBJUGATED HER FALLACIOUS CONSCIOUSNESS; RAVENOUSLY LACERATED AT THE VESTIGES OF A HEART ALREADY WITHERED, OPERATING INSUFFICIENTLY ON THE PETROL OF HER TRANSGRESSIONS. EVERY RUSTY, FLAKING COGWHEEL OF THOSE OILY CHAMBERS CLAMBERED — COUGHING ON MIASMIC SELF-DOUBT, ASPHYXIATING ON ANGUISH — THREATENING TO ARREST IN THEIR FUTILE REVOLUTION. THEIR CESSATION WAS DISSUADED SIMPLY BY NECESSITY, THE ACRID OPPOSITION OF HER RESOLVE TO FEEBLY BANDAGE HERSELF ON GOOD INTENTIONS. THOSE LINGERING REMNANTS OF SENTIMENTALITY PERSUADING HER TO EXIST UNDER THE RATIONALIZATION OF USEFULNESS, FOR AS LONG AS SHE WAS BOUND BY THE OBLIGATION TO DEFEND AND IMPART, SHE COULD NOT PERMIT HERSELF THE LIBERATION OF LONG-AWAITED, HONEY-LIPPED EXPIRY. AFTER THE UNTIMELY, OVERWHELMING BEREAVEMENT OF HER BELOVED SIBLING, SHE HAD CONTEMPLATED INDUCING HER OWN DEMISE; AND EVERY OBJECT APPEARED AS THOUGH A TANTALIZING END TO HER MISERY. SHE HAD EVEN TOSSED ABOUT THE LUDICROUS FANTASY OF IMPALING HERSELF ON SEELE'S HORN — A FINAL ATONEMENT ACHIEVED THROUGH IMPLACABLE IRONY. AND SHE SURELY WOULD HAVE DELIGHTED IN THE FEELING OF HER HEART BURSTING AGAINST THE WAR-WEARY TIP.

THE KALEIDOSCOPE THAT WAS HER WORLD WOEFULLY EVADED HER VISION; A CANVAS OF MONOCHROME DREARILY ENVELOPING THE VIBRANCY, EMOTIVE DESOLATION LICENTIOUSLY LAPPING UP THE REMAINS OF SECULAR PIGMENT TO PROVIDE HER WITH NAUGHT BUT THE ANHYDROUS HUSK OF HER FORMER VIGOR. NOT EVEN THE PLENTIFUL, EXUBERANT TUNE OF THE SWALLOWS COULD DERAIL HER BLEACHED VISUALIZATION, NOR THE MESMERIC HELICES OF AN EFFERVESCING STREAM DISLODGE ITS SUPPRESSION. TRULY, WHAT DID SHE HAVE TO LIVE FOR? EVERY FAMILIAL FASTENING SHE POSSESSED HAD BEEN RUTHLESSLY PURLOINED; THE FURROWED, ARID FINGERS OF THE HEREAFTER PLUCKING THEM WITH SUCH DISPIRITING EFFORTLESSNESS, AS THOUGH THEIR TETHER TO MORTALITY WERE AS FRAGILE AS THE STEM OF A PARCHED FLORET. DESPITE HER ARDENT DESIRE FOR DELIVERANCE; HOWEVER, EVERY MUSING OF DEATH BECAME PERVADED BY THE VISAGES SHE HAD KNOWINGLY ABANDONED. THOSE YOUTHFUL, AUGUST EYES OF AMARA — HOW THEY MUST HAVE WEPT — HOW THEY MUST HAVE DROWNED THEMSELVES IN A SEA OF CERULEAN AGONY; HOW HER TEARS MUST HAVE FALLEN IN SUCH UNYIELDING ENORMITY THAT THEY SEAMLESSLY BLENDED AMONGST HER FRECKLED CHEEKS. SHE MUST HAVE YEARNED FOR THE SUPPLE COMFORT OF FLESH, THE PIQUANT, SINGED AROMA OF HER HELLBORN MOTHER — AND SHE WAS NOT THERE TO LEAN ON.

AS FOR MIDAS, WELL, HE ALREADY KNEW OF HIS IMPORTANCE…

SHE IS NOT BOASTFUL OF HER REUNION TO THIS LAND. SHE IS RETICENT — A GHOST, A PALLID PHANTASM, PEARLESCENT IN HER WILLOWY TRANSCENDENCE ACROSS THE EMERALD KNOLLS. THE MOON BEQUEATHS A DEMURE, MATERNAL GUIDANCE; HER VISCID CONDUITS OF INSIPID, GLIMMERING LIGHT NAVIGATING HER WITH A COMPARATIVELY UNBURDENED PASSAGEWAY THROUGH THE DENSITY OF THE BURGEONING WOODLAND. EVEN IN HER ABSENCE, SHE FOUND THAT THE FAMED FOYER HAD NOT CHANGED; AND IN THIS REVELATION, SHE WAS SOMEHOW COMFORTED, EVEN WITH HER SURMOUNTING DISQUIETS FOR HER ADMITTEDLY DEFERRED REUNIFICATION. A SIGH SQUEEZED PASSED THE BLUNT APICES OF HER TEETH, HER GAZE TRANSPARENTLY FATIGUED, AS SHE PEEKED OUT FROM BEHIND THE SEAFOAM CURLICUES OF HER FORELOCK. MIDAS — HOW WOULD HE GREET HER? WOULD THEY MELT INTO THE VELVETY SECURITY OF EACH OTHER'S SKIN, AS THOUGH LONGLY DISJOINTED COMPANIONS?  OR WOULD SHE BE AT THE MERCY OF HIS GILDED INDIGNATION? SHE FELT KNOTS TWIST IN HER STOMACH. HOPEFULLY HER REINTEGRATION UNDER HIS RULE IN THE FALLS WOULD BE SATISFYINGly EASY.

ooc: midas AND EVERYTHING YOU KNEW IS DEAD, REIZ. bring on the drama/angst c;
@nametag | © rooster

RE: | this is my fight song | aw - Caleb - 09-07-2015

WELCOME TO HELOVIA <3

He was going through the motions, but his mind was lost. His hooves had taken him to the Threshold, and he wanted to ask them why. Recently, the hybrid had mounted a mare, resulting in her pregnancy. Then along came a foal, but not all was well. The foal was far from alive. Caleb has just recently heard that his daughter was born lifeless, and it has truly thrown him into a somber state. Beside the brute, walked Henrietta, whose head was marginally lower than normal. Her emotions mirrored Caleb's. 

The brute just needed to keep his mind off of the thought of his dead daughter, instead focus on something far from related to that. 

His steel eyes caught the vivid coloring of a unicorn and his ears perked up. Gracefully, he moved closer, hardly timid about it, either. Cloven hooves carried him near to her as he noted the contrast of white and azure. She was attractive, and she stuck out here. The thickly leafed trees bathed him in shadows, effectively hiding him from the word, whereas she couldn't hide, not here, not when her creamy body did anything but blending with the scenery. Still, she seemed at ease, unlike most of the fearful wanderers that ventured here.

Caleb moved into her pathway, effectively blocking it with the bulk of his body and wings that folded at his sides, adding extra width to his impressive 17.1hh frame. His cold walls were high, blocking everything out of his cold, dead, heart. His lids fluttered briefly as his Italian-lilted voice escaped ivory lips. "Hello," was all he said, the simple greeting was plain, but open to massive amounts of interpretation. Was he being curt, annoyed by the fact that he had to recruit, or was he just a quiet man today, composed of little words but much emotion? Henrietta lay by his hooves, ready to follow any commands her master may have, but tired from the journey to the Threshold. After a pause, his voice finally resurfaced. "I am Caleb, and this," he glanced at his dog, as to notify this foreigner whom he was referring to, "is Henrietta."

and often times we call a
man cold when he is only sad.
thoughts
"speech."

@Reizend

RE: | this is my fight song | aw - Resplendence - 09-07-2015

It was time that Resplendence did her usual threshold trek. It was time to be alone for a spell, to reclaim her thoughts while the land was still stable. No one was dead, yet, and everything was beginning to work out correctly. Nightmares had plagued her as of late, whenever she got sleep. Still, she tried her best to be sure that her appearance didn't wane into nothingness.

She edged forward, mind occupied by uncertain thoughts as Valiance directed her onward, toward the threshold in easy nudges of thoughts. It was just about all that she could truly focus upon, simple nudges. Turn left. Turn right Gentle directions and sweet hymns.  It was all that Valiance could do to keep her calm.

As she moved in closer to the edge of the Threshold, where the trees seemed to break a little, it was Valiance who spotted the creatures ahead of them. A pegasus/unicorn hybrid, a unicorn, and a… a dog? At least we were going to go with it was a dog- it could be some magical creature that they just didn't know the name to yet.

It was the winged one who spoke first. He offered a name, Caleb, and then the name of the dog (Henrietta). Then, as she finally came into sight, beside the pair (effectively creating a triangular shape), she took in just how bulky his size was. Almost as large as Archibald, if not the same height. But the wings… It was even more unnerving for the mare. "No weapons hidden in wings. Wings are the weakest part, right Valiance?" Resplendence thinks to herself, repeating the words that Kaj had told her before, to ease her fears when he had saved her in the cold north. "If there are weapons hidden and he attacks, I will burn him for hurting you," Valiance says as he lands on a tree branch opposite Res and puffs out his chest. A few clicks of acknowledgment to the group before he falls silent and simply swishes his feathered tail back and forth

She gives a curt nod to the three creatures before her and positioned herself in a bit more comfortable manner. "My name is Resplendence, and the red dragon over there is Valiance," she said, trying to place a gentle smile as her eyes shifted between the two of them, maroon glitter pooling around her feet but definitely not glowing. Dear gods, please don't let this stag decide she was worth killing…
Resplendence
Grace is just a weakness; or so I've been told
Image Credit

RE: | this is my fight song | aw - Erthë - 09-07-2015

I'm like a prayer you whisper from your window to the world

She stopped to rub her head against a tree. The bark was rough and black and felt incredibly good against her itching horns. They were barely more than stubs poking out behind the ears, but having two sets of them growing out at once was a bit too much. The skin felt hot and swollen, tense and fit to burst. Father said it would pass, Mother was full of sympathy, but none of them really understood. It wasn't their heads that swelled like an angry marmot every one in a while, and it wasn't their wings that itched and scratched and felt sore as the down grew out. They almost looked like actual wings by now instead of frog legs, but it would be months and months before she would be able to fly.

There were other things she had to learn first. Sighing and longing for the delightfully cool winds of the north, Erthë returned her focus to the task at hand. She was great at sneaking out on the steppe where the lingering piles of snow drew attention away from her pale coat. But Mother had told her that it was important to be able to blend into any place, and the best way to do it was to spend time in the environment, get to know it and understand it.

So, here she was, blending in. The blackbird mare was grazing in a clearing some ways away and Erthë was off on her own, trying her best not to make a racket as she shuffled through the forest. She supposed there were interesting things about it, but the girl didn't really understand what mom meant by becoming one with the location. Everything seemed to be working against her. Roots and rocks snagged her feet, branches, shrubs and thorns ripped and tugged at her curls, it was warm and sweaty and for some reason her breath kept fogging even though flowers budded in every clearing. She knew she was colder than her parents and that they were puzzled by it, but was it really that much of a difference?

It made sneaking rather pointless, she might as well lug around on her own personal fog bank.

She was only making half-hearted efforts when voices came drifting towards her. Woolly ears perked up instantaneously, and without feeling the slightest bit sorry the filly bounded off towards them, abandoning her training for something far better. She liked people! Other horses meant new things, new words, new perspectives and more friends. The world was a vast playground and every single bit of it was loved by her.

In fact, her heart was generous enough to envelop even the daunting looking stallion that came into view as she burst out through a leafing thicket, not to mention the wonderfully pretty mares he was talking to. She really hoped they hadn't been saying anything important, because she had already interrupted and there was no way she would go back to sneaking on rocks. No today. Not when there were an almost-Vlasi thing there, and a pretty red dragon and no less than three horses to ease her boredom. And all of them looked different. Horns, no horns, wings, nothing at all... But the only one who looked like herself was the black one, the stern-faced and quiet one that called himself Caleb. Erthë had heard him introduce himself.

She was incredibly impressed.

"Hi!" the snow-colored fawn tittered brightly, happily ignoring every itch, sore and boil that plagued her tiny body. "I'm Erthë! What are you doing, can I play too?"

The fact that adults didn't really play was beyond her. Of course they played, everyone played! Wouldn't the world be boring otherwise?

Lines by Darya87

@Reizend @Random Event - because risk for boils!

RE: | this is my fight song | aw - Tembovu - 09-12-2015

The tree cover was returning in the Threshold with Birdsong. Though it was new growth, not quite as thick as it would be by the end of the season. Long strides carry the giant though the trunks, and he tended to skirt the thicker forest in favor of the thinner trees. A glimmer of pearl caught his eye, and he paused ambling gait. Thick ears perk, deep blue gaze looking through the trees at the creature.

She was captivating. Pearl blending to teals and blues of the sea. A glinting black horn contrasted starkly against the pale ice of her face, and an amulet of the sun winked at him from her neck. He took a half step towards her, only to abruptly halt as more movement caught his eye.

However, this being was dark and unfortunately familiar. Alexander. Eyes narrow and dislike turns them cold and glassy, creasing his brow and stealing the usual good humor from his face. Is he here to trap another unsuspecting mare in a lurid, disgusting agreement of sexual slavery?

He starts to walk once more, only to hear ‘Alexander’ introduce himself as ‘Caleb.’ What? This mere colt was full of lies.

His pause allowed another mare, cream and delicately laced with rose accents. ‘Resplendence,’ his eyes seek out the clicking winged dragon, ‘Valiance’. The named seemed so appropriate for the handsome beast, as Tembovu watched it perch in the trees above.

Then a small filly, covered in the boils he had seen on other from the Blood Falls battle, appeared on Resplendence’s heels. Her happy demeanor and playful words brought back a smile and chuckle to the mammoth, as he slowly emerged from the trees. He could not help it in the presence of such an endearing youngster- for foals would always be his weakness.

He nodded a greeting, a small and lopsided grin on his large muzzle, towards the two mares. He drops his head to the filly’s level, “Little one, I’m sorry to say that us boring adults are not playing just yet,” a mock-sorrow covered his face as his deep voice rumbled to the spritely foal.

Raising his great head, he returned his attention to the two mares, “Hello, I Tembovu. I overhead your and your handsome companion’s name, Resplendence,” he bobbed his massive horn towards them, “But I did not catch yours…?” He turns his deep blue gaze to the striking newcomer, deep voice ending slightly higher as he implies the question of her name.

Finally, when his rudeness had been clearly and silently stated, he gave a single, cursory glance to the colt and his cur. “Caleb,” his voice dropped the dual syllables as if they were filthy. And the barest hint of sarcasm implied how immature the elephant found giving false names.

But he said no more, for the Threshold was a place to welcome new arrivals and help them start blank slates. Not drag them into existing feuds. Though he could not help the chill that emanated from his huge form towards the winged hybrid. And it was obvious that he had placed his large bulk somewhat between Caleb and the others- as if to shield them from any devious deals he intended on making.
image credits
- table by Niki -

ooc| I hope you don't mind Bovu sticking his big self into this XD
@Reizend @Caleb @Resplendence @Erthë

RE: | this is my fight song | aw - Reizend - 09-12-2015

i've still got a lot of fight left in me

SHE IS THE LUMEN, A STRANGLEHOLD OF ENTRANCEMENT FOR THE WEARY; BURDENED CARCASSES SLOTHFULLY CRAWLING OVER PRISMATIC HILLOCKS, WEAVING AS THOUGH MUSELESS SHADOWS TWISTED LENIENTLY BY A SUFFOCATED FLAME. SHE IS CITRINE IN NOCTURNE, THE LAMBENT FLICKER OF A FIREFLY AS IT BREEZILY CRUISES THE AMBIGUITY OF CREPESCULE, KINDLING UNCERTAINTY WITH THE COMFORT OF ILLUMINATING CLARITY. CONSOLATION IS THE APPEAL OF HER BRILLIANCE — THOUGH IT IS DIM, A GUIDANCE SOMBER AND STALE, AS IT CHOKES ON THE HAZARDOUS VAPORS OF HER PASSIVITY AND UNINHIBITED SKEPTICISM. HER FACE IS THE PINNACLE OF DROUGHT, AN EMOTIONAL DEARTH, AND HER MIND IS DRAWN FROM SENTIENCE INTO CATACOMBS OF FEARFUL MUSINGS; UNABLE TO CIRCUMVENT THE PLETHORA OF DEAD-ENDS THAT GREET HER ENDEAVORS TO ESCAPE. SHE IS LOST IN A NETWORK OF SELF-LOATHING, MEMORIES STRUMMING HARPS OF SCARLET — HER WILTING HEARTSTRINGS — THE PLIANT TENDONS HOWLING OUT, ECHOES OF AGONY ALIKE DISCORDANT SCREECHES IN THE SATINY PLEATS OF HER EARS. HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE SUDDEN MANIFESTATION OF DARK FLESH AND VIRILE CHORDS, SHE MIGHT HAVE WELL SUFFOCATED, COMPRESSED IN HER OWN WEB —

"O-OH…!" HER RHAPSODIC VOICE TUMBLED AWKWARDLY FROM BETWIXT VELVET LIPS, AS THOUGH A STEADY BROOK PRECIPITOUSLY WARBLING OVER DISJOINTED PEBBLES. SHE NARROWLY ELUDES THE WARMTH OF HIS SKIN; THE CONTOURS OF SINEW THAT, ENTANGLED LIKE LISSOME, COVETOUS VINES PREDATORILY PURSUING RIPENED SUSTENANCE, STRIATE OVER THE DISTENTION OF CHISELED CURVES. HE IS MARBLED, AS A MAN SHOULD BE; HIS ASSEMBLY IMMODESTLY PATTERNED OF GLADIATORIAL MASS, SEDATE AND YET PROVOCATIVELY IMPOSING. SHE IS TEMPERED IN HER UNCERTAINTY OF HIM, HOWEVER; SECRETLY LULLED BY THE TENUOUS CADENCE OF THOSE SWARTHY FEATHERS, THEIR TIPS TWINKLING AS THEY CAPTURE THE AURORAL KISS OF MOONGLOW. "I APOLOGIZE, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAYING MORE ATTENTION," — AS USUAL, SHE IS QUICK TO BLAME HERSELF; TRULY OBLIVIOUS THAT HE WAS THE INSTIGATOR — "PLEASE FORGIVE ME." SHE MURMURS, A DOCILE SMILE TIMOROUSLY CURLING THE CORNERS OF A LISTLESS MOUTH, AS THE PALLID AMETHYST OF HER GAZE TENTATIVELY DRAWS FROM THE BEGUILING VASCILLATION OF HIS WINGS SO THAT THEIR EYES MAY MEET. HER EYES DO NOT DAZZLE AS HIS, THOUGH, THEIR CERULEAN LENSES MAGNIFIED BY BLUE LIGHT — THEY SIMPLY SMOLDER APATHETICALLY, BLEACHED BY SORROW.

HIS AURA IS ONLY FURTHERED LESSENED BY THE SLENDER, MINUSCULE COMPANION WHICH OBEDIENTLY CURLS ASIDE HIS FEET. IT IS ALMOST ENOUGH TO COERCE A GENUINE SMILE, FOR THE COMICALITY OF THEIR SIZE DIFFERENCE WAS TRULY ENDEARING — THOUGH SHE IS REVERENTIALLY IMPASSIVE IN HIS ALMOST DUTIFUL INTRODUCTIONS. "IT IS A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU BOTH," — AND SHE IS HONEST, THOUGH UNABLE TO HIDE THE DISPASSIONATE TIMBRE OF HER LYRICAL SPEECH — "MY NAME IS REIZEND. I'M LOOKING FOR—" THOUGH SHE IS INTERRUPTED, HER GAZE STRETCHING ACROSS THE CONGESTED COPSE OF SAPPHIRE FORESTRY, AS THE LEATHERY APPENDAGES OF A DIMINUTIVE, REPTILIAN CREATURE CUT THROUGH THE LABYRINTH OF LEAVES IN SLEUTHLIKE QUIETUDE. FOR A SINGULAR, ALMOST HEART-WRENCHING MOMENT, HER PERCEPTION OF COLOR RETURNS; EVERY VERDANT PROTRUBERANCE CONCISELY BRUSHED BY SCALY WINGTIPS REBOUNDING IN VIOLET HUES. SHE ALMOST GASPS, ASTOUNDED IN THAT MOMENT THAT — HOWEVER WOEFULLY TRANSIENT — REVERBERATES IN THE ABYSMAL HOLLOW OF HER CHEST LIKE REVITALIZING THUNDER. AS QUICKLY AS IT GENERATES, HOWEVER, IT IS GONE; BUT A FLEETING, BITTERSWEET REMEMBRANCE.

SORROW MOMENTARILY TAPERS THE CORNERS OF HER EYES, THOUGH IT IS EASILY DISPELLED BY THE MESMERIC VELVET THAT ENCAPSULATES HER EARS, PERSUADING THEM TO FLICK INDIVIDUALLY AS HER GAZE IS COAXED TO THEIR NEWEST ACQUAINTANCE. ADMITTEDLY, SHE IS UNPREPARED FOR THE DAZZLING SPECIMEN THAT WOULD GREET HER VISION; A VIRGIN IN PASTELS, ROSEATE STAINING HER FLESH ALIKE WANING OILS, THE PELLUCID BRISTLES TUGGED GENTLY ACROSS HER BUXOM CANVAS. AT HER FEET, REFLECTIVE FRAGMENTS COLLECTED LIKE ANGEL DUST CASUALLY DIFFUSING FROM HER DEIFIC COMPLEXION — SHE WAS SPELLBOUND, AS THOUGH A CHILD DOE-EYED AND FASCINATED BY THE RESONANT PLATES OF A DISCO BALL. HER NAME WAS IRONIC, THOUGH MERITED, GIVEN HER LUSTROUSLY RENDERED COUNTENACE. EVEN IN SUCH BREVITY, SHE WAS MANIFESTLY MEMORABLE. "REIZEND," SHE WOULD MIMIC, SOFTLY, HER LIPS TREMBLING UPON THE SURMOUNTING DESIRE TO FINISH HER PREVIOUSLY — THOUGH NOT UNPLEASANTLY — INTERRUPTED SENTENCE. SHE WISHED SO ARDENTLY TO BE REUNITED WITH HER BRETHREN; TO FONDLY, SAVORINGLY STROKE HER CHEEK ALONG THE CONGRUOUS TANGLES OF MIDAS' MANE, TO BEG FOR HIS CLEMENCY.

STILL, SHE WOULD BE DENIED; WORDS UPON HER TONGUE DISSIPATING TO THE LUBRICIOUS CAPTIVITY OF HER NARROWLY FRAGILE THROAT. OUT OF NOWHERE, SHE BOUNDED — AN IVORY BUTTERFLY, GLEEFULLY GALLIVANTING — THE FRIABLE TAPESTRY OF HER PORCELAIN SKIN TATTERED BY PUTRESCENT LESIONS. HER VIGOROUS ADOLESCENCE REMAINS INTACT, THOUGH REIZEND IS THE VERY VISAGE OF FRETFULNESS. "OH MY SWEET DARLING, WHAT ARE THOSE…?" HER SONGBIRD VOICE TRAILS DISTRACTEDLY, AS DISPIRITED, LILAC LENSES METICULOUSLY BROWSE THE YOUTHFUL SPARSITY OF HER SUFFERING BODY. OH, THE PAIN SHE MUST HAVE BEEN IN! "OH MY DEAR, LET ME HELP—" SHE BEGAN, HER FORELEG STRETCHING OUT IN MITIGATED ADVANCEMENT, THOUGH THE DAINTINESS OF HER SYLLABLES ARE OVERPOWERED; SUBDUED UNDER THE GALLANT BARITONE OF AN ADMITTEDLY ROBUST INDIVIDUAL, WHOM — UNLIKE THE CALLOW, MIDNIGHT STALLION — ALLURED WITH A VENERABLE, EXPERIENCED VIRILITY. HE WAS HANDSOME; HIS COMPOSITION SEEMINGLY DERIVITIVE OF A RENOWNED, ROMANIC ARTISTE; A SCULPTED BROW HEAVY OVER AMIABLE AZURE, AND A SLOPING, AUTHORITATIVE MIEN. IN COMPARISON, SHE IMAGINED THAT LIKE CALEB AND HIS CANINE COMPANION; THEY WOULD HAVE APPEARED SIMILAR STANDING SIDE BY SIDE.

SHE ENSNARED HIS GAZE FOR A MOMENT, SINGULAR HUES ADMIXING MUCH LIKE AN EMBRACE — "REIZEND," SHE WOULD ANSWER, QUIETLY, THE BLOOM OF A SMILE THREATENING TO OVERCOME THE FEMININE MARGIN OF HER GLABROUS MUZZLE, THOUGH THE FLORET IS MALNOURISHED AND QUICKLY WITHERS. NOW THAT THERE SEEMED TO BE AN APPEASING PAUSE, SHE UTILIZED THE SILENCE TO PORTRAY HER AVIDITY: "It has been a pleasure to meet you all. HOPEFULLY I DO NOT DISAPPOINT ANY OF YOU IN SAYING THAT I ALREADY HAVE A HOME. I'M ON MY WAY BACK TO THE FALLS TO REUNITE WITH MIDAS," SHE SAYS SMOOTHLY, "I'M SURE UNDER HIS RULE THE FALLS HAVE ONLY GROWN IN MAGNIFICENCE." — A SHEEN OF AMUSEMENT, A SIMPER WHICH DOES NOT BEFALL LIPS, BUT WRINKLES THE CORNERS OF HER FARAWAY GAZE, AS THOUGH SHE HAD SUDDENLY RECOLLECTED A FOND MEMORY.

… IF ONLY SHE KNEW THE DEVASTATION THAT WAS ABOUT TO COME.

© rooster

@Erthe @Tembovu

RE: | this is my fight song | aw - Caleb - 09-13-2015

caleb
the world is a stage where everyone plays a part

"Do not apologize, dear." He says in his gentlemanly way. "I am at fault." He gives her a lopsided grin, those ivory teeth only just poking out from his velvet lips. A mare joins them, she is slight, an ear missing from her small cranium. She introduces herself as Resplendence, and her companion as Valiance. The pair match each other well, similarly to Caleb and his hound. They fit, like puzzle pieces, everything falling into it's place. The approach of a young boil-ridden foal is surprising, and Caleb is somewhat concerned. What happened to her ivory hide, that innocent foal fur?

She asks if she can play, and a newcomer to the group quickly dismisses her request. Tembovu, the neighborhood filth, the lovestruck puppy. Truly, Caleb did not give a shit that Temb didn't like him. The antelope-colored stag was unimportant to the hybrid. Caleb, feeling pity for the boiled filly, is quick to contradict Tembovu's statement, to include the filly in the conversation, not outcast her as some side piece of this conversation. "Erthe, we are playing!" He said with mock joy, a welcoming tone used on the little girl. "I'm not sure why Tembovu would lie to you," Caleb sent a scolding glance to the slightly rude elephant whom clearly lacked any sort of parenting skill. "but I won't!" Caleb wanted to see those boils gone, to heal the little girl of her ailments. He could take her to the Aurora Basin healer, see her safe once again. "My companion, Henrietta, and I always play a game called 'I Spy', and us adults were about to play." He nodded encouragingly and though he was completely ignoring pretty much everyone else, he truly didn't care. Foals had gained an importance to him that overshadowed any sort of recruitment, and to see a sick foal made the hybrid yearn to help. Perhaps it was Enna and his foal born dead, or just his natural paternal instincts, but he wanted to help. "But you know.. this area is kind of boring, no?" His brow furrowed, faux-deep thought. "I know a snowy land we could play in!" He paused briefly, perhaps for dramatic effect. "I may be able to get rid of those painful looking boils for you as a bonus." Offering a surprisingly playful wink to the girl, he showed her nothing but friendly welcoming, a thing that starkly contrasted Tembovu's we aren't playing.

Then, the beast finally turned to the newcomer, attempting to make some sort of eye contact, which was exceedingly hard due to Tembovu pretty much shutting him out of the conversation with his fat ass body. Caleb was truly surprised he not only quickly dismissed a boiled foal, but than completely removed Caleb from the group. "If you wish, Reizend," He stated her name to make the question personal, to grab her attention, to make sure he is not overlooked for the millionth time in his life. "you may come with me to my land if you no longer wish to live in the Falls with Midas in the future. My land is always welcoming to newcomers. It is known as the Aurora Basin, an northern, snowy evergreen painted land protected by magnificent mountains and grand sentinels." He smiles once again, sleek, ebony feathers ruffling at his sides.

mine is a sad part

caleb pretty much offers to play a game with erthe in the basin and get her healed, also and then extends the invite to Reizend if she ends up not wanting to go to the falls

also sorry this sucks it was kind of rushed bc i didn't want to hold this up :x

RE: | this is my fight song | aw - Resplendence - 09-15-2015

Resplendence was greeted with a careful response of a name from the white and teal mare before her. Still, another creature appeared. A young one, one that was covered in boils. Resplendence backed away - eyes wide as she shook her head. No. It was infecting the young now too! And she couldn't heal it! Nothing she could do would heal it!

And yet, another appeared. Too many people. Too many appearing! It was another stag, by the name of Tembovu, who took his place - seeming to position himself between Caleb and the others. Aye, for that she was a little more at ease. Though, once again, his sheer height was unnerving. Why? Why were all the stags here always so damn tall?

It was Reizend who spoke again now, saying it was a pleasure to meet everyone before changing the tune of the conversation. Aye. She wanted to go back to the Falls… but Midas… well he was no longer upon this Earth. Resplendence's eyes flicker to the ground for a moment, guilt radiating through her mind. No, the Edge had not been the ones to kill him, but they were part of the reason he was not  there to fight, that he had fallen to death in the Basin. She shifts her weight a little, watching Caleb take in the young one - try and get it help, and then gave an offer to Reizend. Aye, once she knows Midas died there Resplendence doubts that Reizend will have the desire to visit those lands.

There is a gentle sigh from her lips as she turns to Caleb, "Be careful, I have yet to find a way to heal those boils… My healing magic does nothing to them…" A warning, afraid of how quickly they were spreading. But, perhaps the Basin knows of a way to heal the mysterious sickness. She can only hope that is the case. Alas, it is with that warning that she turns back to Reizend, a sorrowful look upon her maw. "I reside in the Falls now, Reizend. Though, it is not Midas who leads. You remember the Edge? Lead by Kaj, Kahlua, and Archibald?" A gentle question, trying to find a way to broach the topic without causing too much pain and hoping that she would recall the names offered, "We invaded the Falls, to escape from the Moon Goddess and her murders. Midas… He wasn't at the invasion, but he perished during the time that it was happening - or so I believe. Still, you are welcome in our ranks - we allowed all who wished to stay to keep residence and become our brothers and sisters." She blinks, a gentle bob of her head as she finishes with, "I am the Earth Medic, and Kaj and Archibald lead. I'm sure if you had any questions they would be willing to speak with you. My sincerest apologies for the loss, he was close with many among these lands…"

There was a shudder as she backed away a little bit, offering space. Valiance swooping down to rest upon Resplendence's withers as she kept her gaze to the ground. She hated having to be the bearer of bad news.
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x

RE: | this is my fight song | aw - Erthë - 09-16-2015

I'm like a prayer you whisper from your window to the world

There were so many horses all of a sudden, and they were all so tall! She barely reached the elbow of some, especially the blue-eyed unicorn that arrived soon after herself, and it was incredibly unfair. Only Reizend had a proper size it seemed, because even though she was more slender and pale and therefore looked much smaller than mother, they were almost the same height. Maybe Erthë would grow to be like that too one day? So shining and graceful and refined that everyone spoke with soft voices and smiles and acted as though she would break from an angry glare...

There were a lot of them going on here, it seemed. Even as she giggled and twisted about herself at the attention of the tall, dark and rather handsome - if you could look past the initial scariness of his face - stallion, the filly noticed, in the way children always seemed to notice, the quick glances and unspoken tension around some of them. Caleb didn't seem fond of Tembovu, and Tembovu looked like he wanted to push Caleb away, and the Res lady with the pretty red dragon that kept drawing her attention away only looked sad and a bit uncomfortable, and lady Reizend had an air of clumsy awkwardness that only made her prettier. The things they were talking about seemed very complicated, and there were a lot of introductions and stiff-legged trampling, but what really interested the young child was the few stray words that carried most weight.

"What game is that? How do you play?" she asked Caleb, the one clear eye glittering with enthusiasm at the prospect of getting to play rather than practice. This person was much more understanding of her needs than Mother! "Oh, I've already been in the Basin!" she announced at his offer, and puffed out the meager little chest until she almost toppled over. "Mom and Da an-and uncle Badger and I, we walked there because Ma was sick, she was bleeding a lot and then a mister with a deer - it was really pretty and stood right beside me! - he said she would get help and then.. then stuff happened so we didn't stay very long but I liked it very much!"

The woolly tufted tail coiled exuberantly as she explained, all in one breath, and had to break off to breathe and cough a little. But no sooner had the filly regained her breath than she was off again, prattling on like only a babe can.

"I'm fine, miss Reizend, because it hurts but only a little and mom think they will go away when I grow older but it really takes an awful long time to grow, does it always take this long?"

And with more curiosity than tact she jumped straight onto the sensitive parts, because why did they talk about it so hushed and serious like?

"Who is Midas? What is in..invasion? Why did you do that?"

With bright interest the foal looked between the grown ups, oblivious to the intricate turns and terms in this murky business called politics.

Lines by Darya87

RE: | this is my fight song | aw - Tembovu - 09-17-2015

Though Tembovu pays Caleb no mind other than a sideways reproving glance as he accuses the elephant of lying, a ripple of unease travels through the immense stallion as Caleb offers to take the little Erthe with him. He shifts his mass restlessly, eyes traveling between the winged man and the bright, playful, self-assured foal.

He is surprised by the amount of relief that courses through him as Erthë inadvertently declines his offer- and so peppily. The relief helps offset the slight disappointment at the lovely Reizend already having a home. At the Falls. But with Midas? Wasn’t that the lead who fell around the invasions…?

His line of thought was confirmed as the delicate Resplendence (was she missing an ear?) gently told of the untimely demise of the lead who pre-dated the elephant’s time in Helovia. Though, by the sadness in Resplendence’s face and clear adoration in Reizend’s, he must have been a great lead— one Bovu would have liked to meet.

Whilst Resplendence shifted away from Reizend in order to give her space to process woeful words, the elephant was inclined to step towards the sea painted mare. He could offer only his warmth and mass, and he emanated calming comfort. Perhaps the mare would prefer distance, but that was against the great stallion’s nature.

So, unconsciously, he shifted towards the creamy aqua woman. His motions allowed Caleb back into the circle. “I am sorry, Reizend,” he murmured the words. Though he knew how empty they were— for how many times had he heard that phrase after finding his dead mate and son? Though the words, themselves, were meaningless, the weight and tone with which he said them held both gravity and emotion. Lines creased his brow and his eyes grew dark as they watched for the inevitable grief.

His eyes and ears flick once to the foal as she asks a simple, yet so complicated, question. Indeed, why did equines invade and wage war? His gaze glances to Resplendence, for she is likely the best candidate to answer these questions (though perhaps this was not the most opportune time), before resting on Reizend once more. “I believe they did it to leave the Moon Goddess, Erthe,” his voice is quiet and rumbling, now, “And leave the Edge. There are many things adults do when faced with powers they do not accept,” his voice was haunted now, “Some good, some terrible.”

He continues to watch Reizend, waiting to see what he could do for the mare once the news sunk in. He lowers his head to her level, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
image credits
- table by Niki -

@Reizend