HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Character Resources (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+---- Forum: Plotting (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! (/showthread.php?tid=20771)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Cathun - 09-14-2015

The bfb thread was a really good idea so I'm setting up another one! :D Post all your findings, speculations and wild guesses here.

Clue: Salt the wound

Adding salt to a wound hurts like hell and is used as an idiom for making things worse, but apparently it also help the skin heal faster by making it sterile and dry. So there's truth to it.

Perhaps the cure is to make it worse before it can get better?

The previous cure was time/spark magic, but I highly doubt that the cure is the same as last time. Even so, maybe someone could try exposing themselves to dark/wind magic, just to rule it out?

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Rikyn - 09-14-2015

Rikyn has dark/spark so is available for dark magic attempts, though I am highly dubious that the cure will be the same for this disease as the last.

It may indirectly similar in that it is Sun magic, as someone suggested in the cbox; I think it makes sense as fire is highly painful and Sun magic is opposite of the dark power of the Moon. I am willing to subject Rikyn to fireballs and such to see. <3

Could try inhaling some sort of substance that is harmful to the lungs, as well, so to be "pouring salt" on the afflicted region. Bonfire smoke should suffice, I'd think. :/ Unfortunately I don't have easy access to fire so that would be easier for someone else to try.

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Soren - 09-14-2015

I was wondering if it might have a relation to the ocean, so I might have Soren go drink some salt water.... If some ones wishes to join me. However, I am also willing to let people experiment on how to cure itas well.

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Maren - 09-14-2015

Maren has light//fire/water magic and has been surrounded by her mist in her affected posts, but no result from the RE. So it's not waterxfire magic! :(

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Evaneska - 09-14-2015

I keep wanting to think it'll involve inhaling or drinking something since its in the lungs.

I agree that perhaps it's the /opposite/ of dark/wind magic.

It might have to deal with the Moony's role in the murderers.. A lot of people have metaphoric wounds from that. It could be a metaphor - like when people say something that rubs salt into your mental wounds.

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Ashamin - 09-14-2015

All in the basin are welcome to walk by Ashamin's cave and inhale some smoke from his fire, to give that a try.

I also thought ocean. Endless blue or Flats, though I doubt the cure would be something that isn't currently available to us.

Will try and keep thinking. I imagine whatever it is it isn't specific to one character, as with last time. I have two infected characters so I will probably be trying all kinds of stuff out, especially since one of them is a wee baby and being sick could be very bad for him. I will vigilantly report all findings. :p

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Ashamin - 09-14-2015

Kalona is unaffected HERE

Listing basic facts:
-Has immortality magic
-Is a unicorn, two horns
-has white socks
-They are in the heavenly fields
-From the Rift, Blood Falls

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Random Event - 09-14-2015

Correct, cure would not be something that is unavailable to you, that would be far too cruel!

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Ragnarok - 09-15-2015

SMOKE! What if it is smoke?! Since it affects your lunges maybe you have to breath smoke?!

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Soren - 09-15-2015

Welp. If anyone has fire magic and can produce smoke, wanna give it a try on Soren? I can throw something up...

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Ilios - 09-15-2015

Ragnarok has passive smoke magic! I'd love a post with her! <3

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Ki'irha - 09-15-2015

If it's not smoke, maybe it involves inhaling steam from boiled salt water? It would combine both fire magic and salt, just incase the salt in the wound is a little more literal than we're thinking.

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Brisa - 09-15-2015

Clue: Salt the Wound

What if the salt is literal? Salt = Ocean
Inhaling salt water vapors?

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Ki'irha - 09-15-2015

Ayy, Nickel! *high five*

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Brisa - 09-15-2015

Totally didn't see this until now -high fives-

I have Kalona trying to drag Eden to the beach currently so who knows it might work xD

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Glacia - 09-16-2015

We can try with Ragnorok if you would like? I could set up the thread late tomorrow? Or you could and ?I could reply to it.

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Najya - 09-16-2015

also could be something with new rifty land?  
Salt the wound -> Salt flats -> New land? 

I'm gonna send Naj that way so we'll see.

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Volterra - 09-16-2015

We'll probably get a good idea of any cure during the big SWP threads in the Flats, like we got an idea about the boil cure from the Labyrinth threads. With all those characters interacting, hopefully something has an effect!

I can't see it being as simple as literally salt in the wound, like the boil cure wasn't literally hair of the dog (as it wasn't hair of the bear, BF foliage, Rifty hair etc). It could be Sun Magic related maybe ;o

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Ilios - 09-16-2015

Nessie, I'll try to get one up today for Rag <3

RE: Green Labyrinth Lung - find the cure! - Soren - 09-16-2015

Awesome <3 Sounds good Par <3