HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) (/showthread.php?tid=20924)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Panzram - 09-28-2015

More Gods? More interupptions? More expectations of blind faith and followers expected to devote their lives to a God who not only was wrong but very well may have been the one to put them in danger in the first place? I knew not what the backstory to this 'oh so special' God of Helovia, nor did I know a damn thing about the invisible creature that everyone seemed to be attacking. All I knew was that the last time I fought, for a piece of Moon Goddess ass, all I got in gratitude was the tar that leaked from my face, a lost sense of smell and impeccable eyesight. Alright, so the last one was a bonus at least. But the fact that I didn't even get a measly 'thanks' while others got souveniers was something that grinded at my nerves, I even tried protecting the bitch from her traitors! Not my traiters, hers. Ungrateful bitch, playing fucking favorites from the start she was.

My anger that was directed towards the Moon Goddess may or may not have been justified, but it still left me bitter to help any of the other Helovian 'gods'. Here they were, bringing in a bunch of mutants like the ones I had seen years ago in Aeon, and then expecting their people to fight another deity for them while only a chosen few got any sense of reward out of it. So, for a few minutes I merely watched the battle from the outskirts. A mare had fallen, possibly fainting and others rushed to aid her and get her to move. Magic flew left and right to try and reveal the scaly beast. Pegasi dived from above while unicorns jabbed from below, a sickening sense of unity overwashing the lot of them. Well, accept for one dumbass who decided to target a unicorn instead of the infected god.

My tail lashed at my side as my eyes burned into the souls before me, wondering if it would even be worth it to risk putting myself in that position once again. My lips pulled upward with disgust at the thought of helping someone without anything recieved in return, or worse, suffering another illness from it. But as I watched the magic fly, the elements shifting, the blood spilling and listened to the screams of pain and anger fill the air...It all came flooding back to me, the desire to feel alive. The desire to feel my horn digging deep into the flesh of another creature, why not let that creature be a damned god?

That was the only motivation I needed as I joined the rest of the crowd, channeling all my anger and frustrations directly into the task at hand. Mentally, I began to block the image of those around me, pretending that their petty lives weren't even there. It was just me and the hidden creature. My sharpened gaze narrowed in on a spot where sand seemed to float in the air, having been kicked onto the beast in hopes of revealing it by someone that was unknown to me. With my crown lowered, tar and slime oozing from my orfices, I aimed my flame-like horns at the rift god's back left leg with a swift upward motion. I wanted to amputate the beast, perhaps I could keep my own trophy this time.

OOC: TEAM SUN GOD - reluctantly. He sees sand floating on the rift god's back, and charges in with his horn towards the god's back left leg then swipes upwards to try and sever the leg or foot. Feel free to injure him as it will help him discover his magic in the next thread!

@Random Event - Also, he has GLL - has the sight of an owl and no sense of smell. If anyone has magic that can cure him please feel free to 'accidently' on purpose hit him with it!

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Nyx - 09-28-2015

She'd missed the discovery of this particular land. Judging by the lack of blood, she hadn't missed much. Lucky her, then, to finally discover the Flats when the battle actually is taking place. She can never have peace, can she? She is a warrior, though. It's her duty to protect her home, her land.

The problem is, she can't see what the other horses are attacking. She frowns at the sight of them striking against thin air, wondering if they've gone mad - maybe it's the boils and black ooze she can see dotted on lots of them. She walks closer, and is surprised when Dominus growls from beside her. "Smell water-lion." Water-lion? The hell is that? She squints, scanning the horizon, but nope - she sees nothing. So she melds her mind closer to her bonded's, gains his superior sense of smell, and sure enough she can detect a certain fishy, Rifty odour. Ah, water-lion - crocodile. You're going to have to direct me, I can't see anything. The lion nods his approval, and the silver marches into battle.

With her bonded's guidance, she aims for the head end of the crocodile. Her neck tucks to jam her horn forwards, her long legs devouring the ground as she storms towards the foe. There's quite a crowd already gathered around the invisible nemesis, but she does her best to avoid them with her breed-given agility and speed. She aims to jam her horn directly into the crocodile's right eye, hoping to half-blind it and, if she's lucky, jam her horn straight into its brain. Dominus hangs back, directing her like an army general with his predator's superior senses. God knows how the unbonded horses here are seeing what they're attacking. ""

____

TEAM SUN GOD. Tries to horn the crocodile in the right eye, being directed by Dominus.

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Maren - 09-28-2015

Her eyes lay disused in her skeleton, merely functional for leaking gross vulgar stuff. Some voices in her head were discussing in a to neutral-sounding tune how much longer this could go on before death would accidentally trip over her. But she was a wise and vigilant soul, so they, the voices, reassured themselves that she would make sure she would keep her soul somewhere hidden until a cure was found, the voices insisted.

After her God had come to liberate the Halycon Flats from its formerly inhabitants, he had disappeared. And she was left there; still and embraced by its light and glory. Until the forevermore she would treasure this land as her second home, having the knowledge that it had been He that had secured it. And yet knowing she needed to find a place to let her tired body rest, she left the lit up wetness of the mirror. After all, the burns from the first faul God’s fiery blood had yet to heal, so instead she found herself a soft spot to lie down and shut her eyelids, slept for one whole day.

Several days later she found her hooves finding the depths of the glassy waters once again, wrapped up in a golden lighting-frame — once again, feeling the wash of pastels on her skin. She breathed in the faint taste of dust of a century unknown to the world she was from - she smelled the overwhelming, hypnotising perfume of purified light and there was no speck of dust to taint it — She thought.

A voice, deep and dangerous, pulled her attention away from the scents of dusty dances, made her ears go forward while in her mind they shot backwards. No, how was this possible? She mirrored her Patron’s reaction as she suddenly began to rise awareness of the crawling crocodile; the false God of the liquid lands bathing in light. How, she asked again. There was none at first, she thought, confused also by the fact she could not see through her eyes, did not notice that the one they should’ve seen before had possibly hid under a deceiving layer of camouflage all this time.

Without a second thought her dripping gaze turned and her mind started to fabricate possible ideas and facts about where she stood, where her place was in this third fight of the Gods. But soon, too soon, there were many other souls crawling through that same liquid water, finding their way through the sky. It was overwhelming, the itchings on her skin, the knowledge that they were there; or there; or now there — what could she do, instead of hiding aimlessly in confusion? She had protected, she had fought, but this time: What was her place in this fight? Confusion, perhaps.

But somehow her hooves did not agree. Somehow her mind began to get overruled by mere instinct and she found her way into the midst of the battlefield anyway. For she would protect her God; everything was worth that - that was all her purpose had to consist of, was all she would ever want if this would prove to be the last page of her story.

Talking
Summary: stands confused and then charges in to battle with a main focus to protect sunny (from nobody, really, since everyone seems to be on the same team but WHATEVERR) Also sorry for the crap post, admins, but I was in a hurry ; ^ ;

image credits

CONTEST WINNER
TEAM SUN GOD

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Badger - 09-28-2015

Just when I thought it was over... When the Flats had been discovered sans God battle, I'd thought we were safe. Alas, I was wrong. Here I am, returning to the sandy lands which reflect my face back at me, and there's war on the horizon.

A multitude of horses are, as per usual, attacking a Rift-spawned hell-beast. This one...well, for some reason I'm struggling to make it out. It doesn't seem to have a distinctive outline, because all I can see is the copious amounts of colours that this black ooze disease has allowed me to see. It is vaguely crocodile-shaped - and at this I shudder, because I've heard tales of crocodiles dragging adult horses beneath the surface of rivers and death-rolling them into a watery grave - and is made up of a myriad of greens and blues, standing stark against the otherwise drab, reflective landscape. I wonder how those lucky folks without the black ooze are managing to see the creature, but dwelling too long on that makes my head hurt.

This time, I'm even more prepared to heal the ass off anybody who needs me. As well as the herbs stuffed in my halter, I also have my God-given rank magic, which still makes me glow whenever I remember Megaera giving it to me. Although I will never deprive anybody of healing, I do feel morally obliged to try and focus my rank magic onto Throat members, because after all, they are the reason I can do it. I am not magical by nature - I'm the polar opposite of magical, with my human-raised, mundane, ball-less background - yet I've been granted a boon far greater than anything I've ever had in my life. The Throat has given me something that makes me fit in with the rest of Helovia, and I'm eternally grateful. I haven't yet had chance to try out my new gift, and I don't wish injury on anybody just so I can experiment, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit excited about getting to use it.

I stand a short distance away from the battle, close enough to dash in if I see somebody get badly maimed and/or mangled. "If anybody needs healing, I'm your guy!" I holler, cheery as ever. I should get myself a little sign saying 'bring your ouchies here', shouldn't I?

_____

TEAM HEAL ALL THE PEOPLE/SUN GOD. Stands at the sidelines offering healing. If anybody wants to accidentally on purpose slap him with some DarkxLight magic to cure GLL that would be fine! :D

B A D G E R

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Persephone - 09-28-2015

Persephone
The brilliant, magnificent God that had welcomed them here had spoken to me, to me! I would have blushed a brilliant shade of pink, deeper than that which already touched my skin, if I was able to. I dipped her head shyly, averting my eyes but my smile remained bright. How blessed I felt in those moments, standing close to Evaneska and basking in the warmth. It soothed me, this place was perfect for my - it was almost as beautiful as I was.

But it didn’t last, it never lasts.

Someone came over, someone that was acquainted with Evaneska and I watched this strange purple stallion with growing fear. Everyone else seemed so calm, some were even starting to file away and disappear across the flats - the God was chatting amiably with some subjects. It was a perfect afternoon. And here was this winged creature saying that there was danger, that they needed to leave. I looked to Evaneska, golden eyes rimmed with white as I let his fear get to me - and I wondered if it did the same to her.

Her reaction is to beg him to protect me, saying that it was her fault I was even in this place. Well, she wasn’t wrong but I would never outwardly blame her for it. “Don’t leave!!” I whispered but it was too late, Evaneska had moved from my side and suddenly I felt colder. I wasn’t alone, though, . No, not alone. The stallion that had been addressed as Thanos, the fear-bringer, was still here. For a moment.

And then he was gone and then there was absolute chaos. I stared as it all started to fall apart, as the peaceful scene shifted into something terrifying, and for a while that was all I could do. Because I couldn’t actually see what they were attacking.

Until the scales came into appearance, and that’s when I started to scream. Paralyzed with fear, I could not even find the energy to run - only stare wide-eyed at the half-invisible thing that everyone else seemed to be trying to attack.
lost in hell, my dear. It's not so dreadful here
Image Credit

TEAM SUN GOD 
kind of? 

Stands off to the side and screams her pretty little head off out of fear

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Thranduil - 09-28-2015

we live like thieves
     kings among men
He was late. Not that he noticed. Though time had healed some wounds, some were still freshly laced across his tender flesh. Golden hide still trembled under the black invisibility cloak uncontrollably, but it had calmed, and the deep coughing had subsided to a rasp. The wounds on his back were sewn together but still showed the tender lines of their pain. In total a pathetic excuse for anyone’s army.

The golden was heading south. He had lost something precious, and wanted it back so badly as to barely rest. As the wisps of the Battle for the Labyrinth came back to him he noticed a valuable item missing. The prized polearm had been stolen. Taken by the bay of the south, Gaucho’s defender. And he was sore to have it back. Not to mention, it got him out of the Basin. The mountains, though warming in the spring still felt like cold spikes. He would not dare think of the pink shadow beneath the pines, but it was mostly for that scene that he sought escape, even at the risk of his health.

Unfortunately for the golden he was still a little more than unwell, and his long term sense of direction was washed by the thoughts that possessed him. Leaving him very much off track and here, in the Flats. It was Haldir, the dark stag by his side who first woke the golden to the change. By then though it was too late.

Just within their view a crowd was gathering, and an uproar beginning. The gold’s gut clenched, he had no interests in battles today. Also unfortunate for him though, the stag by his side was not of the same mind. Haldir had, what he considered, fought at the Labyrinth. His blood had pounded, his senses heightened, and his small heart grown four sizes with the feeling of being needed. The dark creature bounded towards the raining doom and with a weary groan, too tired even to fight the deer, the golden followed.

Not that the golden intended to join the battled. HIDDEN under his cloak he slips into the fringe, his earth eyes locked on Haldir. The dark stag bounded forward, unchecked. Any pleas between the bond from the golden for the deer to stay back were ignored. Haldir had charged on forward, swinging his antlers low trying to hit something. Too dull to feel much worry the golden shifts on the outside, his breath struggling in the fray, but his heart beating stronger. Waking up. As once again his mind whirled to think of the danger the deer placed himself. The frustration, irritation, and utter annoyance rolling up into his world like the rising sun to wake him from his slumber.

OOC:: TEAM SUN GOD
Haldir charges into the fray swinging his antlers low trying to hit something useful.
Thranduil, INVISIBLE, starts to move after him into the fight, but is too distracted/worn out/zoned out, to attack anything yet. ((But his frustration over caring for Haldir is waking him up))

No mentions cause brain dead is a thing.
"Talk?"

thranduil
image credits

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Einarr - 09-28-2015

Einarr

In the wake of the brilliance of this new land, Einarr had spent his time with Megaera. It was no secret that he and the bay mare had created a unique relationship in his time in Helovia, and the time shared on these water-littered sands would only add more complexity. Or...would they? Einarr wondered as he soared, elated, with the clouds that reflected on the waters below. However, when fire suddenly spiralled in the distance, panic made Einarr's blood run cold.

They had been wrong.

Einarr's wings beat hard as his heart raced, his shadow dancing wildly on the mirrored flats below him. His breathing came in rapid puffs, with one thought pulsating in his mind: fight, fight, fight. Red-brown eyes took in each Dragon's Throat member that fought below him, but what they were fighting Einarr could not make out completely. He recognized scales, but only a margin of the massive creature was visible. Scales mean zhavorsa, he decided. Wide eyes looked over Gaucho and the Sun God as they rained fire down from the sky. Envious, Einarr grunted. He desired magic in this moment now more than ever--but, he would have to reply on his strength and his battle prowess in this moment alone, now.

Tucking massive wings into his sides, Einarr spun and divebombed for the dragon's crocodile's back. Front, cloven hooves reached out like twin daggers to slam into the reptile's exposed backside. A riotous cry of war--his only magic, his rank privilege--rained from his parted jaws as he prepared for the impact against the hardened scales.

if you bury me
the dogs will come for you too
if you want to get buried in it too

jakub t. jankiewicz on flickr
larfsalot on deviantart

Vageuly mentions DT members.

Flies towards the croc and tries to slam his hooves into the croc's visible back. Uses BATTLE CRY.

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Mesec - 09-28-2015

a light from the shadows shall spring

They should have known that the peaceful day would not stay that way. It was to be the same as in the Labyrinth - only this time Mesec hoped that he would be able to witness all of it, be able to help instead of having others look over him. He heard the shout from the Sun God, signalling that something had gone wrong, and suddenly the peaceful flats erupted into a battle. Fire shot around a central area, this new foe was invisible? Others were joining in, some of them seeming to have a good idea on where the thing was, but Mesec was at a loss.

It wasn’t until he heard a shout from nearby, putting him on alert. He turned to the sound to see a familiar face nearby, giving him instructions. “Ranjiri! You can see it?” He asked incredulously, needing to decide in the next couple seconds whether he was going to trust his herd mate. It wasn’t much of a decision - of course he trusted her. He watched as his friends started to join in with the attack, members of their herd, Najya, Ampere, Maren, Ophelia, Mauja, and was that Knox? These new lands and the dangers that they possessed were turning into strange reunions.

Last time there had been a hoard of individuals that had been attacking the Moon Goddess as well as the wolf but now everyone seemed to be going for this mysterious new monster. He waited for Ranjiri to give him more instructions, moving forward now and closer to the fray. “GOT IT!” He shouted back, having a good idea of where she was intending him to aim his attack - right at the eyes. Summoning the shadows, Mesec didn’t intend to bully his way through the crowd that was sending magic and hooves and horns toward the partially-visible creature. Instead he disappeared suddenly from one spot and reappeared in the thick of it. Listening for any further directions before striking out with his horn, hoping to scratch or gouge out an eye.

A breeze knocked into his face and he looked up to see Lucius joining in, screeching and using his talons to dig around the same spot - seeking invisible eyes.  “Lucius!!” Mesec shouted in panic, trying to shoo his companion away from the danger. “Get out of here!”

He wasn’t expecting the sharp, furious “No.” that answered him within his mind.

image by Blu

TEAM BATTLE BUDDIES
aka Team Sunny

permission from Ali to PP Ranjiri shouting at Mesec and giving him instructions on the croc’s head’s whereabouts thanks to her GLL senses.

Mesec uses Ranjiri’s guidance to aim his teleport as close to the croc’s head as he can, where he jabs with his horn in an attempt to blind it. Lucius, the little shit, joins in with his talons and tries to claw at an invisible eye.

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Torleik - 09-28-2015

Torleik

How long had they been here? A few days? The Bloodskald wasn't really that sure. Everything had been in a strange haze since Ophelia had, inextricably, chosen to remain mortal. To pass what blessing the God of the Sun had offered her on to her offspring. 

She wanted to have children? More? After...last time? 

And with him? Because  her choice had been a mortal life with him. Torleik hadn't believed it at first and had questioned his ears, his sanity. Did he want her so badly that he was prepared to willfully mishear what the woman he loved told the deity? But he hadn't. Irelyn had trilled in surprise and excitement and the numbness that had washed over his ragged rabicano form started to ebb away. A cautious ray of hope bloomed in his chest and his eyes flicked from one perfect creature to the other, not quite comprehending. 

Why? 

What...would the Sun God do to him in retaliation? He'd already humiliated him once for no good reason. Surely this would earn his ire now, this pathetic mortal stealing the woman he wanted. It struck him as...amusing, frustrating, and daunting all at once, that Ophelia had more than one god after her. He was just a sad man, vainly groping at the warmth and comfort she provided him in the hopes that he could return it to her tenfold as repayment for assuaging some of his earthly pains. 

Confused, he waited for them to part, waited for Ophelia to be...his again, so that he could approach her. So that they could talk. And talk they did, for what seemed like...ages. When they finally fell silent, his soul hurt less, and perhaps by proxy, his body did, too. This place was placid, had a beauty all its own that Torleik could not deny, though he preferred his misty forests and sea-beaten cliffs and always would. Sadly, this placidity was not to last. The Sun God had promised no battle, but the Sun God had lied. 

He couldn't possibly be impressed again as some giant...dragon-like...lizard thing burst through yet another rift and began to rain fire down on the fire god. That wouldn't be all that effective, would it? As usual, Ophelia threw herself into battle, so Torleik was compelled to follow for her protection. Summoning the densest of ice storms that he could manage with gnarled knots of hail, the Bloodskald hoped to douse the fire of the interloper as much as he was able - or at the very least, impair his vision. The hail would be nothing if not a good distracting and irksome discomfort at the very least. His hooves carried him after his woman, charging as well and weaving along the path she took. 

Mauja was here. He needed to check his damn magic for friendly fire. If all went well he wouldn't get clipped or impaled, and he might land a hit on this newest invader with his lowered horns. Time would tell.

Team Sun God
Summons ice storm and tries to charge the croc thing and hit it with his horns anywhere he's able. 

Mention @Mauja

@Ophelia

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Ranjiri - 09-28-2015

Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

I had hoped that the Sun God was right when he said that there would be no battle, but he was proven to be completely wrong. It was bad enough that there was going to be a fight but bad always got worse. My vision started to get cloudy no matter how much I blinked I couldn't seem to clear it. I snorted and startled myself when black gunk flew out of my nose. "What...?" But the battle was already starting, other horses were starting to fight and I was just standing there like an idiot.

I felt completely lost until I noticed the thing that everyone was going after. I couldn't make out all of the fine details, but I could see some shadowy, blurred version of it. Then there was Mesec. "Mesec!" I shouted at him to get his attention. "Go for its head! Over there!" And I was nodding my head in the direction I wanted it to go. 

"Ranjiri! You can see it!"

"Kind of." I frowned. "Its blurry and shadowy, but its better than nothing." He went in the direction I told him to go. "Be careful! Watch out for its teeth!" I shouted the warning even though Mesec couldn't see it. "Its eye's right there! Go for it, make him blind!" 

When I was fairly confident that Mesec had found the crocodile's eye and was aiming for it I made my move and circled around until I was on the opposite side. Then I lowered my head and aimed my horn for the croc's other eye and I threw myself forward, trying my hardest to render the god blind and useless.

"."

Image Credits

TEAM BATTLE BUDDIES
aka Team Sunny
directs Mesec to the crocodile's eye then tries to stab the other eye to blind him.
@Random Event for GLL purposes

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Random Event - 09-28-2015

Sorry having derp moments and forgot to mention all this sooner...

There are four instances of respite, but no infected seem near enough.
Ampere feels brief respite from GLL.
Aithniel and Rikyn feel brief respite from GLL.
There are four instances of respite, but no infected seem near enough.
Aithniel is cured of GLL! (Sorry I didn't say this sooner, when reading your posts I didn't pick up on your passive magic)

@Ashamin , who is "a gray unicorn stallion casting electricity"? Ciceron? Trying to understand who you used your heartbeat magic on.

YOUR GLL SYMPTOMS SHOULD BE SENSES OF OTHER ANIMALS, NOT ~MAGIC~ They're also fine if they were listed in the original GLL thread as examples (i.e. understanding/speaking different languages). Please and thank you.

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Random Event - 09-28-2015

@Ahvleyn 's immunity fails, she has contracted GLL.

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Naerys - 09-28-2015

WE HELD TOGETHER THE FRAGILE SKY TO KEEP OUR WAY OF LIFE

Naerys has left the Edge again.

Everything had been quiet, everyone was at ease and her mother hadn't stepped outside of the Edge in weeks. So the girl left Petyr with Hemlock and when the moment was right, she slipped silently away. Once outside the broken wall, she unfurls her wings and with several strong thrusts the girl is in the air. She soars with little direction, simply following currents until she sees something different that she didn't remember seeing before. A bright stretch of land nestled in the southeast corner of Helovia. Naerys' curiosity skyrockets and some outside force seems to pull her towards this strangely bright location.

Suddenly, she has a direction.

The girl flies rather adeptly for her age, one thing she could most certainly thank her father for later, and soon she's close enough to see the flurry of chaos. So many are faces she doesn't know, faces she's never seen before. But some she does. Her teal eyes find Mauja first, the white and black spotted Queen charging into the fray. Then there's the pale filly she'd met in the Caves, Erthe. She's even closer to the chaos surrounding the center. A streak of charging black and the girl quickly identifies Torleik, her king. Naerys hovers in place in the sky, her heart beginning to throb in her chest. Her breathing comes faster, more shallow. For a time she's frozen. Teal eyes seeing but not seeing, panic surging through her petite body like fire.

With all of the attacks being thrown around, she found it a bit easier to pinpoint the still hidden parts of the massive crocodile. Still, nothing is certain. Somehow, the girl manages to shake it off - or, at least suppress her fear - long enough to act. She waits until she spies an opening and then she angles her wings and dives, with her long legs outstretched. She aims to ram her hooves into the crocodile's lower back or hip. If it worked, she could use him as a sort of bouncing board and launch herself back into the sky and out of the crocodile's reach.

Mother is going to kill her.

N A E R Y S
Image Credits

TEAM SUNNY
Summary: Arrives late, panics for a moment then dive-bombs towards the crocodile, hoping to ram her hooves into his lower back/hip area (I don't think it is exposed but she's taking a guess based on the current attacks).
Mentions: Mauja, Erthe, and Torleik

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Miykael - 09-28-2015

A lover not a fighter on the frontline with a poem
trying to write yourself a rifle, maybe sharpen up a song
to fight the tanks and drones of you being alone

Eliana saw the young painted filly flying across the sky and followed her at a distance. Her suspicions were justified when she saw Naerys change her course and head towards the new land the dark zephyr had seen in passing during her search for the sick. Quickly, the zephyr turned around to go find her bonded - Miykael needed to get there and quickly before the painted girl gets herself hurt. As soon as she found him, though, she didn't land - she simply shrieked and circled around him then continued back to the Flats.

Miykael feels the fear in his companion as she nears and without a word - for none are needed - he opens his large white wings. With a few hard thrusts, the healer races through the sky as quickly as his wings can carry him. He follows Eliana easily, her dark form clear against the light blue of the sky. Soon, though perhaps not soon enough, his blue eyes spy the bright stretch of land in the southeastern corner of the land. He charges forward without hesitation but before he was close enough to the battle to do anything at all, he sees her - her brown and white form plunging towards a massive beast partially camouflaged. "Naerys! NO!" he shouts, or at least he tries to - the black goo clogging his throat muffled it enough and the girl was far too focused to hear him.

The healer's heart sinks as he watches his daughter foolishly throwing herself into the chaotic battle below. Black goo stains his face, oozing from his eyes and nose; hindering his sense of smell but oddly enhancing his hearing. The voice of a stallion offering healing to those in need drifts into his ears above the cacophony of the fighting below. He pinpoints the dark stallion quickly and easily then soars down to land beside him. Eliana hangs back, hovering near to Naerys should the filly need any assistance. Miykael folds his wings and erupts into a coughing fit, black goo spewing from his lips. "Sorry." he finally says once the coughing subsides. "I'm a healer, too. We can work together." he offers with a gentle smile.

Though the worry never ceases to nag at the back of his mind, he notices the black tar on the dark stallion. Inhaling a deep, wheezy breath - he turns to focus on the stallion. For a moment he closes his eyes and focuses his light in the other's chest and as the light spreads, encasing the others lungs, a warmth follows suit. After a few moments, the light fades away and takes the illness with it. Pain, now increasingly regular and annoyingly familiar, throbs in his skull - pounding sharp against the backs of his eyes. Somehow, he manages to stay standing. That's when his blue gaze returns to the fray, seeking the familiar form of his daughter. If she needed him, he wouldn't hesitate to run in.

Miykael
At war with love

credits :: royal genesis, sippanont samchai, coding by rottie

TEAM SUNNY
Summary: Arrives late, lands beside Badger then uses his healing magic on him.
Mentions: @Badger
@Random Event for GLL
GLL Symptoms: Can't smell but has the hearing of an owl

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Boy - 09-29-2015

YOU'RE PART OF A MACHINE, YOU ARE NOT A HUMAN BEING
so you run on gasoline

He hadn’t yet left the Flats since the opening of the portal. It wasn’t because he had grown accustomed to the wretched salt pan, though if you were to ask, that would be the reason as to why he had not yet departed even if he prided himself on trying not to lie. No, in truth the immortal felt uneasy surrounded by those aliens (or Helovians, whichever they preferred) and it just so happened that the Flats were the closest thing to home that he had. And ‘home’ was comforting, especially when anxiety wracked his brain. Honestly who were these people? Who exactly was the golden demon who claimed he had cleansed the land? Could he even trust these foreigners?

And that was just it! They were all technically foreigners encroaching on lands that did not belong to them. Halcyon Flats technically belonged to the Rifters and the True Gods. It had been stolen by the golden demon who seemed to believe he was doing the right thing. But was he? Sure, perhaps the lands were sick and maybe the True Gods had abandoned them but the gold devil couldn’t just go around stealing land.

Could he…?

Perhaps he was thinking too much into the situation. He had held a bitterness over the God even after he had confirmed that the Oasis Goddess had made it through the portal. Maybe he could give him the benefit of the doubt that he was trying to do what was right and the immortal couldn’t deny that the portal magically appearing had been a blessing… He just couldn’t bring himself to trust the fiery God no matter how hard he tried.

So when he saw him flying overhead, an army in tow, he couldn’t help but follow— more suspicious than curious. He had stayed a fair distance away as the commotion was one he knew well. Battle, war, whatever you wanted to call it. It was what he had been running from. He felt a knot develop in the back of his throat when he saw what, or whom to be more exact, the soldiers of the Sun God were attacking. The giant croc. It was hard to tell that he was there, he now blended perfectly into the horizon instead of sticking out like a sore thumb. But a few well aimed fire balls had unveiled the True God. That was what he was, wasn’t it? One of the True Gods from mother’s stories, one of many of whom had abandoned the lands and left them in an apocalyptic war. One of the True Gods who he could hold responsible for the tens of thousands of souls who had died as a result of the True Gods leaving. The crocodile was someone he could place blame on for his own sins.

A sickening feeling passed through him. He could blame the crocodile and wage war against him with the foreigners. But that did not sound morally correct. Shouldn’t they give the crocodile a chance to talk this over before passing such swift judgement? Besides if he was made angry it was because the golden demon had stolen his land! That was pretty understandable.

But… Today the crocodile God drew the short straw. It was under his protection that he and the Oasis Goddess had almost been eaten by the salt pans. It was under his protection that he had been forced into a life of slavery. There would be no fair trial. Only bloodshed. It was what he deserved. 

So the immortal took to the sky, circling the creature for weak spots. But he was covered in armor and unless they managed to flip him over most of the attacks would not prevail. There, his subconscious told him, a target. He swooped, wings tucked up, sharp hooves aimed for the area just past his eyes, leading down toward the rest of the creature’s body, the back of the skull. There, the brain. It would be a hard task to complete, but if he could aim a few well timed, powerful attacks he was sure he could at least give the beast a migraine. Keeping a close watch on the maw of the crocodile he prepared to strike, knowing very well the brute could turn his head and snap him up for lunch at any given moment. He drew closer his wings ready to open up once more and pull him away if necessary. It was a foolish move—  but he had nothing to lose.

"Talk?"
boy

image credits

TEAM SUNNY G  aka "I'm not really fighting for you, but for everyone this croc has abandoned and killed by being a bad God of the Rift" 

Mentions: Briefly Ultima and Sunny G.
Summary: After much consideration as to whose side he should fight on, Boyo decides to swoop down toward the back of the crocodile's skull, hooves aimed at his brain and attempts to pierce the hide or cause the bone structure to cave and in doing so he hopes to cause some brain damage.

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Destrier - 09-29-2015

Destrier & Suli & Merlin

The Sun God had been wrong.

His booming voice was enough to make that apparent. Although he had made a promise of peace to us, to those new to Helovia and those who had called it home for a long time, even a deity such as he could not always be right. We needed to act, all of us, to stop whatever force had found its way through the portal into our world.

Racing back with Suli flying on my right and Merlin on my left, bister eyes grew wide as our otherworldly foe seemed to appear from nowhere; or, at least, a part of it. A crocodile, gargantuan in its size, was attacking. It didn't take long for the others who had gathered within the Flats, new and old to Helovia, to begin attacking. A few familiar faces are seen, like Archibald, Ciceron, and Ranjiri, to name a few.

"Be safe, my friends," I wish silently, before casting my focus completely on that of the crocodile.

Standing a way back to avoid any physical attack from the foreign deity, I summoned my magic, intending to draw the moisture out of the air near where I suspected the reptilian's mouth to be. To make him suffocate, burn his throat, even just to slow him down, I knew anything would help. Meanwhile, Suli and Merlin kept to the skies, flying overhead of our target. Parting her jaws, Suli let loose a powerful jet of flame down towards the crocodile's back, while Merlin blew his own breath of ice for what he hoped would be the creature's tail.

talk talk talk

TEAM SUN GOD. Destrier stands a little ways back from the crocodile and uses his magic, hoping to suffocate, burn, or at least slow the croc down. Suli flies over and blows fire for its back, while Merlin blows frost/ice at where the tail might be.

image credits

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Morrigan - 09-29-2015

I had arrived late to the battle, originally unsure on whether or not I even wanted to risk going to the battle. Surely I wouldn't be of use to anyone, even as a healer, I could heal those that returned to the Dragon's Throat. But my curiosity ended up getting the better of me, an unexplainable drive to see what these strange Riftersand their sick godsreally were. So, even with my own body suffering from a contagious illness that I had yet to find a cure for, I arrived to the scene.

The illness had affected me strangely, my vision altered into something bizarre as I could see the body temperatures of those around me. Was this how a snake saw the world? By seeing the thermal energy given off by creatures? It was strange, but interesting as I stared at the battle before me. Many bodies of bright yellows and oranges were attacking another massive figure, it's body temperature a little cooler than the rest. It was a reptile, a massive crocodile that threatened strangers and friends alike. The hottest, brightest body of movement was our one and only Sun God, and iI felt my heart skip a beat with awe. My auds flicked back warily, unsure of what exactly I should do next magic was flying everywhere, as were hooves,horns and teeth. I'd only get in the way if I tried to fight, moat likely tripping people with my mane and tail. I probably couldnt even get a good bite in with the slippery slime oozing from my mouth. So, I scanned the outskirts for any familiar faces, landing on a brute with a recognizable halter. Badger! Quickly I joined his side, nodding to the painted Pegasus who had joined him. "Is there any way I can help?"

@Random Event for GLL
TEAM SUN GOD

She joins @Badger and @Miykael to offer help and healing services. No table because I'm on phone, lol.

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Lace - 09-29-2015

LACE
Turn the page I need to see something new

His presence had a purpose, meaning, thought. There was a pattern to these appearing lands and the fights, and he had to understand it. It was for this reason he had begun to gather kindred spirits, collecting souls like a jeweler picked out gems from a pile of rubble.

They would be a neutral force within this realm. A herd above the rest, outside the laws of gods, equal in their intent and purpose. To act for the good of Helovia, that was his aim, his dream, his goal as he raced across the shimmering sand, fulfilled in his desire to make a difference.

He was not a perfect man, and had never been. Mistakes and failure littered the path of his past, and perhaps that was why he believed himself worthy to lead others towards a better future. Because he was flawed, because he had failed, he knew the feeling of despair, of anger, of powerlessness and defeat. He carried his years with stoic resignation that fed a new kind of resolve, to do what he could to ensure that others were granted a better life, a second chance, a fair trial. If he could rise above the past and learn from it, maybe others would be able to do the same.

And so he ran towards the battle, intent upon nothing but to defend that which, in his eyes, made up this realm of Helovia he had come to love as home. To fight for its gods, all the lands these gods sheltered beneath their wings, to protect every soul that lived and breathed within these borders.

That made the Crocodile an enemy. Didn't it?

Lace summoned the burning sun and sent it ahead of himself as he threw himself into the fray. With intent and purpose he made his way forth to the flickering, shimmering chameleon intruder and spun around at the last moment, kicking out with his hind legs towards the rear legs that had appeared for a fraction of a second, to his black-stained eyes clearly visible as a monstrous skeleton in a world of black and white and more skeletons. Prepared to avoid retaliation he stole a quick look around, and gave up a startled shout as he found himself side by side with none other than his own son.

"Cathun! Be careful, boy!"

It made him proud to see the boy fight, even though as a father he couldn't help but worry for the safety of his flesh and blood. Lace decided to remain in the vicinity of the colt, ready to protect him if it would prove necessary. After all, wasn't that what fathers were for?

coding by tamme | Image by patriota--studios @ DA

TEAM SUN

Kicks at the crocodiles rear end with his own rear legs. Ends up next to Cathun, and stays to protect him.

@Random Event - GLL - Lace has x-ray vision and sees everyone as skeletons

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Megaera - 09-29-2015

She saw fire explode once more on the bight and shimmering horizon of the flats, but these were not the half of healing and welcome that the Sun God had graced them with last time; these were the flames of war. The Sunspear vaulted into the air, trailing droplets of salty water behind her as she hurtled toward her God. Another monster..Another sick god of the Rift? How could that be? TNo, it wasn;t right. In her Mind the Sun had been infallible and yet as she drew closer it was clear he was fighting something 

Others swarmed, rushing to the aid of the Mighty Sun and Megaera joined them with a savage relish. She saw gaucho rain his fires and Ampere shoot her daggers, and the other figures of her family and pride swelled. They would fight. They would win. Amongst the panic of heaving, churning bodies, what she didn’t see was Cathun. If she had she would have tried to pull him away. If exposure to power could kill him, like he had said, Meg would not have let him anywhere the Sun God’s wrath or this concentration of powerful and violent magic. He was Family after all. Annoying and stupid and frustrating, but still family.

But her eyes went where to Einarr instead, and without hesitation her wings turned herself to follow him. They had been bound by gods and love for their daughter, and so recently in this very place they had bound themselves by lust as well, it seemed so natural that they should fight side by side. When he dived, so did she, falling in on his left and leaving just enough space for an outstretched wing. Hoping to add her weight to his attack, she aimed her front hooves to strike the half-invisible creature’s momentarily exposed back. It wasn't clear how big this creature was, or even what it was, but if it had a spine they might just be able to break it.

"."

Image Credits

Team Sun God!

Mentions: @Einarr also Sunny, Gaucho, Cathun and other DT babes in passing
Summary: Flies onto the scene, follows Einarr into a dive, trying to hit the Croc's back/spine with her hooves.

RE: SWP :: You thought it was over? So did I. (Part I) - Imonada - 09-29-2015

Along the curling, frothing edges of the collinear shore does Imonada travel; to her left a deceptively calm and vast sea of glittering, almost electric, blue. Her right, nigh endless fields of leveled and glassy sand that twinkles like the empress' jewels on coronation night. Deep from her chest she sings a traveler's song, some melancholy hillfolk hymn that, despite her petite size, resonates and seems to find a special vitality in the freedom of the landscape. Pearly dust coats her dancer's legs as she leaves behind a conspicuous albeit impressively neat trail of tracks, a dotted line for miles slowly being scrubbed away by the sweep of the tide.

The singing, so beautiful, her ancient tongue with its velvety burr as emerald-divine and ethereal as her maiden home far, far in eastern highlands. It never wavers; that is, until she catches sight of a blazing sandstorm. It's just that, at first really, that severs her melody like a fresh guillotine through the neck. There had been hardly a movement worthy of note for the entire day she had been skirting the coast.

Then the heavens bleed streams of molten fire; their source, a magnificent pair of seraphic wings of an ageless creature hovering through the cloud. Sunborne, a beacon of light and heat, this furious being draped in flame of gold. Her chest suddenly tightens, no scrying needed for the epiphany that grabs her bones and shakes them; this was a GOD, his presence felt intimately even from such distance. A sacred reservation tears away at her insides with igneous claws; at the same time, a flood of extraordinary reverence possesses her in the wake of destruction. She watches him only long enough to see the source of his anger, his unfathomable power primed to a single target; a prodigious mountain of a crocodile, pale scales the same eternal hue of the sand it now kicks up in a fury.

".. Wut."

An onslaught of others appear to be aiding the God against his enemy, their yells, screams, and indecipherable demands unique notes in the chaotic symphony of legend against legend. Of course, Imonada chooses to freeze up and watch a bit dazedly, trying to make sense of the scene. She'd seen a fair bit already since having crossed into Helovia, but giant lizards dueling gods was fresh and unaccounted for still.

Team NOPE.

Summary: Bystander, but relatively far away.