HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] a ghost wind - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] a ghost wind (/showthread.php?tid=20935)

a ghost wind - Chernobyl - 09-26-2015

[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

CHERNOBYL

She's been spending most of her time high in the rocky alps, her only company being the odd owl or golden eagle that perches to exchange stares. She has had her eye on the bright red pools and their tumbling veils of brilliantly crimson water for a few days now, planning her approach. Surely she is not the first to lays eyes on it, up close or from afar, she's positive of that – but who knows who lurks down there, or what. She's beneath a grinning moon, waxing toward a full and luminous Birdsong moon. There are no trees to hide her where she stands, leaning against the steady breath of the wind. Her long black lashes close over her dark eyes and she lets a deep, cold breath fall into her lungs. It feels refreshing, she can smell the spring mud and the freshly opened buds of the hardwoods below. The black mare is perched on a gray cliff face, her cracked hooves clinging easily to the wet stone covered in bits of slushy snow. She floats confidently at impressive heights, moving methodically and stepping lightly. She descends now from her watching place and twists down the mountainside to cut across a small rocky valley toward what calls to her adventurous heart. The moon has the entire night lit and laced in silver lines, sharp and bright.

She looses the sound of crunching snow and it's replaced with shifting mud. The snow has gone away completely as she moves into the alders and aspens, weaving between their thin stalks silently. She stops to listen before moving out into the open on the edge of the red glowing pools. She hears nothing out of the ordinary. I appear to be alone. And she slinks out of the shadows and back into the chrome light of the crescent moon. Her eyes swim across the gushing falls of all sizes that spill into their collective poo, watching their waters dance. The falls rip down the side of a mean looking mountain that she has never visited and the pool seems like a Kelpie trap for sure. Kelpies are nothing to fuck with. She steps closer, examining the unmistakable glittering of a gem. It sends a shiver down her spine. She is no grand diver – a descent swimmer yes, but she was not about to go playing with the mermaids. They're not nice creatures. Not at all. But those rubies... She muses. She moves along the gravelly edge of the rippling pond, looking into the wavy mirror of crimson water, admiring the sparkling beneath its surface.

i've buried bodies,
you'll never find . . .

Image By PSILO!

RE: a ghost wind - Ghost - 10-18-2015

Dead men tell no tales.

The spy had gone north in search of 'the new land', along with her wolf, she had hugged the eastern parts of the Threshold and, under the illuminating glow of the moon, they eventually came across something different. It was when the forest of the Threshold curved upwards to meet the mountain range of the cold north that the green ended and the red began. With greed, the merlot trees clustered together to rob the earth beneath of the sky above and, in the background, a waterfall roared to remind Ghost of the Hidden Falls, it was the same constant sound… except this water ran crimson. It was like a constant stream of blood and it shimmered like a ruby that was beautiful to the eye. The banshee wandered through the forest with her mouth half open, enjoying the scenery and the darkness it brought. If it was not so far from the Dragons Throat, Ghost could imagine herself travelling here a lot and enjoying the way it blushed from lake to leaf. It was stunning, but slightly macabre, as if there had been some great battle that nature still hadn’t managed to wash away. Yet, it was also quite romantic in a way, the gentle roar of water was the perfect background music for a lovers jaunt through a scarlet fairy tale. For the first time ever, the stark red of Ghost’s wings blended into the background rather than standing out with only the delicate white, that was also present on her feathers, to give her away. Ghost laughed, she liked this place. 

Fantôme left her side quite promptly when they had entered the forest. New land meant that perhaps there might be new kinds of prey and the wolf wasn’t one to pass up the chance to do some hunting. It left Ghost to wander the flaming forest alone and she did so quite eagerly, drinking in her surroundings like a little kid lost in a glorious fantasy story.

Her adventures took her closer and closer to the waterfall that cascaded down the mountain and into the alluring pool at the bottom. Ghost wandered the edge of the stream it created, her attention captured by the rubies below that tempted and taunted their admirers to take a chance, to dive in and follow their desires. The spy did not oblige her own lust to take a dip, feeling quite certain that the weight of her pocket watch and the addition of wings were not all that ideal for swimming, drowning perhaps, but now swimming. Still, she admired the selection of jewels that lined the floor of the now glittering pool that sat beautifully in the middle of the forest until something else in the water grabbed her attention. A frown crossed her face as she stared at the stranger’s reflection, no matter how she looked at it she didn’t recognize the mare that also admired the rubies below and so, Ghost reluctantly looked up from her browsing to eye the unknown who felt as if they were only a few paces away. "Does it tempt you too?" her breezy voice enquired to the stranger and she nodded her head towards the rubies as she did so.

The banshee’s gaze strayed back to the pond and she sighed wistfully "how cruel of it, to tease my poor heart" she forlornly hummed.

:D have a wild Ghost <3 

@Chernobyl

RE: a ghost wind - Chernobyl - 10-25-2015

CHERNOBYL

Chernobyl's long, hump nosed face draws upward, her black eyes settling on the red winged mare and her radiant eyes. It's easy to say nothing, it's easy for her to simply ignore the approach and cast her abysmal glassy eyes back down to the flickering waters. She does not remain silent in detest or distaste, but because that is simply who she is.

“Does it tempt you too?” The woman's voice is like syrup on the warmed, reeling breeze. Bull's eyes do not rise, but her black lips wrinkle at their edges and she lets a chortle rumble out of her. She senes that there is more, that this mare's poetic entrance is not over. Her tail flicks at the silence and her closest ear bends toward the other's breathing, a half-grin still remaining across her bristled muzzle. Her theatric sigh finally tempts the prickle-horned unicorn to let her gaze fall on her, to drink her in and look her over with a careful stare. The flighted mare's words as smooth as the first set let loose. Beautiful, Bull noted, with intelligent eyes and a fine looking body. She does not let her hungry stare linger too long, no need to look as if she's out for a meal or even better, a conflict [not tonight anyway, this is not one of those nights]. “Mermaid's eyes,” her voice harder, grittier than the pegasus's, but still feminine in it's own way. “Alluring bait for a murderous end.” Both of her eyes spring forward as a shadow squirms beneath the surface, blocking out steaks of the brilliant glow as it slithers over them. She assumes it is a hallucination and does not look to her company for confirmation nor does she mention the mystical, eerie occurance.

That is a trap if I've ever seen one at all.” Her tone unwavering with a slight joke – though it's a bit humorous it is indeed true in her mind. There is something not right about the new lands popping up in discovery across Helovia. The giants and Gods battling one another – battling them. She wonders if the mare to her side had seen the oddities and their attacks, something Bull has not witnessed yet, only heard rumor and accounts of it's happening. Suddenly she sucks in a breath, clearing her throat. Speaking without looking at the winged mare. “Have you seen the other new places? I hear theres a few more. On the coasts, I believe, but I am not positive.” She waits for the mare's input, generally curious. It has been so long since she's had a conversation with someone else.

i've dug graves,
you'll never find . . .

Image By PSILO!

@Ghost

RE: a ghost wind - Blu - 12-01-2015

unarchived per request

RE: a ghost wind - Ghost - 12-07-2015

SIRENS AND SMOKE REMIND US

Glancing at the mare and then back to the stream, she wondered what they looked like to any passerby. Perhaps like two kids lost in a peculiar Neverland? The banshee was determined to mine the secrets out of it; she had stumbled across a flaming treasure and now she must take her time to admire it, explore it and poke it for things.  Though tempting the red rubies were beneath the surface, Ghost couldn’t help but think that once she was in there was no getting out. It wasn’t like she was that well equipped for swimming after all, her added appendages were meant for steering through the air, not a body of water. No matter how much she wished those wings were fins now. An ear flicks to the strangers chortling and she feels the weight of the other mare’s gaze on her, observing. The sprite stays still and endures the once over, there was nothing much to see, apart from the odd trinket she carried that consisted of a half moon necklace, a haggard looking (and broken) Victorian pocket watch and a vial of blood. Ghost was almost convinced that many who saw her must think her something of a weird, probably mad, wayfarer with her dark appearance and her mismatched array of items, things she’d plucked and plundered.

Her attention really did turn to the stranger then, however, as her gritty voice drifted into the air between them and Ghost found she agreed with her articulately put phrases, if she was a little disappointed. The dissatisfied expression drifted onto her face as her ears flopped back a little, "I think you are right, though part of me still wants to fall for it" her breathy voice replied when the stranger declared the alluring red below a trap. She knew better than to die a fools death, but the banshee had to admit that part of her really did want to step into the tempting water and down into the depths where the rubies glittered. As if in attempt to distract her mind, Ghost looked about them, to the furiously blushing trees and continuing up to the boundless night sky. It's beauty was breathtaking.

It is with great reluctance that Ghost drags her gaze away from the scenery to look at the stranger once again as she clears her throat. Their so far cryptic but comfortable conversation was slowly coming to an end and the questions were beginning to arise, it was the unknown face that uttered a query first, but the sprite had her own questions too. "There are a few new places, or so I’ve heard, I have not seen them all… There’s a mirror like land to the south of here, east of the Deep Forest. If you continue going sort of south east you’ll find an archipelago sitting just off its shoreline, though you might have to swim to get to it" Ghost reeled off the information happily, it wasn’t like they were secret, especially with the ruckus that had come with discovering them. "I wouldn’t let your guard down mind, there have been cases of evil Gods appearing in these lands, though our own Gods claim that the mess is over… You never know" she shrugged, looking about the Blood Falls with a suspicious glance. Though the Helovian Gods had protected them in the end, they had also proven that their word was not always law and unexpected things always had a way happening.

"The appearance of these new places caused quite a stir… Though you seem unfamiliar with them" her eyes narrowed in curiosity as she turned back to the stranger "have you only arrived here recently?" she asked the obvious, hoping to open up a few more doors and prod a bit more out of this mare whom she had never met before. "You’re not an evil spirit are you?" a coy smile wove onto her lips, the question was more out of light hearted jesting, but Ghost still wanted an answer.

Sorry again for the wait Psilo!! <3

MAYBE THE WORLD WON'T FIND US

@Chernobyl

RE: a ghost wind - Chernobyl - 12-23-2015

CHERNOBYL

They both had the same dark feeling swirling in their heart as they gazed at the crimson stones, their light flicker and dancing beneath the ever moving surface. There would be no getting out, that is for sure. How they both know is a mystery, it's just one of those things. Too good to be true. One of the many themes of her life. The night seems to make their glow deeper. She can see them spiral down into the blackness all along the sides of the bottomless water cavern. The tumbling water falling into the pool is the only sound among them while the small amount of time between words looms. Oddly enough there is no awkwardness between them, only smoothness. They fit one another in an eerie and dispassionate way. Both staring onto the untouchable treasures with dreamy hearts and sharp minds. They are tempted, yet not at all. Perhaps fate drew them in not to make them yearn, but to be set upon one another – to meet in this mystical sort of way.

Chernobyl's eyes are casually sweeping over the mare when she starts to speak. Her charcoal eyes slide back to the subject of their affections while she talks. The information she's given is absorbed with a half grin until the conversation fades to questions instead of statements. She doesn't frown, but her mouth straightens with seriousness as her dark eyes settle onto Ghost. “I'm uninvolved – not new.” She then cracks a smile and a small piece of a laugh as she processes the evil spirit bit. “And not an evil spirit, no. Though if I were one...wouldn't that be my answer anyways?” Her eyes suddenly brighten with a playful glimmer as they focus the other mare's face. The mischievous look fades as quickly as it came and her eyes find the pool again. “Where are you from?” She cannot recognize the smells anymore like she used to. She knows nobody and nothing of politics. And she doesn't ever really care to either.

i've dug graves,
you'll never find . . .

@Ghost
sorry for how weird this post is.
i feel cheesy. meh.

but <33 and sorry for the wait.
<33