HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) (/showthread.php?tid=21207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Enna - 10-21-2015

something filled up my heart with nothing

It is with the rumbling of the earth that your attention shifts from the sea, throws your heart down to the pit of your stomach as it echoes through the little island. You had waited, reluctantly, waited for something to happen from the moment that you had come here, and while it does not surprise you, you cannot help but dread the moments to come, the same reservations you have had from the first weighing heavy on your mind. Finding the carnage is not the difficult part, the smell of something dark and dangerous smothered by the distinction of flame, its plumes rising in to the air in thick, choking clouds, leading you to the heart of the fight. It is not the feral cat that takes you by surprise, nor the extent of the flames littering the ground, bodes still colliding and racing and falling, flying amongst them, but someone—the glimpse of him that you catch—his body rushing in to the chaos, too near to jaws that could ruin him, too near to the dangerous growth of the flames.

“Rohan—“ you know that it is lost within everything unfolding before you, but even so you cry out again, lunging forwards with a burning desire to do nothing but protect him, knowing that he doesn’t need it, doesn’t want it—remembering the girl that had been too careless, the man that had been too selfless—it only furthers your resolve to keep him sheltered, keep him safe. You are too preoccupied with getting to him to notice anything else until something hard hits you, accompanied by a sharp pain along your side, steals your breath from you as you collide with the vibrating earth, agony blooming along your cheek, your senses fading until there is nothing but darkness.

team earth god
runs in to try to save rohan and gets knocked down & out by something (whether it be stray hooves or what idk, lol. leave me alone its 4 am)

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Knox - 10-21-2015

If not for Manhattan's vigilance, Anaan would not have been prepared in the slightest. Even when she is bristling with anticipation of hostility, he does not understand fully the danger he and his great grandson are in. He has time only to draw his dripping frame closer to the outskirts and farther from this Helovian god, to whom he has no attachment.

Manhattan, however, does not turn from the fight. She knows what is coming, and she starts running as soon as the tiger erupts from the void. Her jaws spit poison as she snaps them, leaping up to try and catch onto the great tiger's neck. For the Earth God and her family, to whom she is most loyal, she will do anything and attack any monster. She must protect them.

And on the sidelines the protector knows that he, too, must take part. He shields Milo with his great figure, pressing his nose softly to the colt's shivering wet side, and tells him to "Go, go into the trees," as he struggles to veil his alarm. He draws upon Knox's cloaking magic, casting it over the child. He starts to lunge, knowing he is a warrior even if he is a retired one, and were it not for the flame he perhaps could have been a brave soul again.

But the fire. It leaps from everywhere as tar catches light and Anaan--covered still in the burns that remind him always of his mortality--can step no further. He rears in fright, his roaned and greying body cast in shades of yellow and red, and stumbles back, perhaps bumping into an antlered mare that runs near him. But he doesn't have time to check and see if she is alright, he can barely move, he is frozen, he is lost as he watches that war rage on.

Manhattan is too in love with the fight to turn back. She lands, skids to a halt before the God of the Earth, and lets loose her terror upon the feline threat that looms above. Her master is gone but she is here, and she will fight--even if it means the end.

""

A n a a n
Image Credits!

Team Earth

Watches out for Milo as best as he can, cloaks him and tells him to run ( @Random Event for disease interaction ) tries to go forth but when tar erupts in flame he spooks, rears, possibly knocking into @Enna , and freezes up as a result of his great fear of fire. Manhattan runs forward, jumping to tear at the Tiger's neck while using her poison magic, and then stands before the Earth God as if to offer support. She casts Terrorize on the tiger.

Knox is in the form of Anaan, the only character who would recognize this are ones who have previously met Anaan and no characters are aware of the fact that he is Knox unless they have seen him transform (Aylin, perhaps Archibald)

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Milo - 10-21-2015

I'm gonna carry you in
In my head, in my heart, in my soul

This one watches, listens. World changes around [me, stretches into an infinite expanse that in time I will remember and recognize as war. Even now, as a child, I start to hear the sounds of battle enough time to form the concept, shape it, in my young and eager tongue.] "War."

Quiet whisper, soft soft sound from lips like [snowfall. Nothing colder and softer than the snow, father. I've changed in my ways, turned respectful out of necessity, but I still understand the depths of your uncaring. Nothing colder than you, nothing softer than mother, but nothing colder and softer than the snow.]

Can't follow. Stranger says go, says woods. This one doesn't understand but knows woods, woods are [home] familiar, seen woods before like on first day, old day.

Easy to forget, first day. Not this day, not last war day. Those days will be remember, [will haunt me for the rest of my life. What kind of a life starts in the middle of a field of blood, but that of a murderer's son? I know now, at least, that this beginning was fitting for me.]

Stranger tells this one to go and this one moves, slow and hurtlike, [every step a stab now that the water has left me,] into wood, under cloak. But big yellow, [big flames burst] behind this one. A little cry, [a larger expression of deep terror.] This one sees stranger, cold [and frozen in fear that I was too young to feel myself. But why you, Anaan? Why did the fire make you stop in your tracks, fall back, when you are so brave at heart? What are you hiding from me, old man, when you shudder at the snap of a twig for fear that it is an ember? What trauma found you in your living days to give you this immobility in times of need?]

This one leaves wood, moves forward, [butts into] bam! into stranger. Head hurts, pain starts [slow, and I realized then that it had been there all along. A headache, insidious and vile.] Good enough at copying, counting, to speak the words this one heard: "Go, go into the trees."

[Even if I didn't know what they really meant, to a warrior like him.]

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

No Team

As Milo does not know what Gods are, he's not really on a team. He starts to obey Anaan but when he sees him frees up he goes back towards the edges of the battlefield and tries to encourage Anaan to run with him.

@Random Event Goes under Knox's cloak, perhaps healed of HFH (which I def forgot he had?)

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Panzram - 10-21-2015

I'll be completely honest for once in my lifetime; I wasn't entirely sure how I got to these blasted islands. I vaguely remembered water, my legs being sore and suddenly winding up on the beach. What would possess me to even reach these islands was beyond me, perhaps I had hoped to find a moment of peace to myself. Or perhaps I had hoped that I would be caught in the rip currents and be put out of my misery from my latest infectious disease that was so gratefully 'gifted' towards me after getting involved in the last battle of the pathetic gods. As we can clearly see, that didn't really work out too well for me, now did it?

My head pounded and throbbed, my vision was blurred and occassionally doubled on me, and I felt so disoriented that it was a damned miracle that I could even walk in a straight line. A commotion ahead roared on like a thousand screams in my ears, every sound amplified to an ear-piercing screech that made me wish I could claw my own ears off. Blood slowly flowed from my ears in a trickle, the crimson fluid dripping down my cheeks to stain the earth I walked on. I pinned my ears in vain attempts to block out the noise, anything to numb the ache and dull the pain that tortured my skull. Nothing helped as I approached the battle field.

Not. Fucking. Again.

SERIOUSLY? Did these so called "god"s not have anything better to do with their time?! My eyes rolled as I stopped short of the fight, glancing down at the blood that had run down my face and landed at my hooves. With ears still pinned, my lips pulled back into a vicious snarl and my tail lashed against my flanks with rage. It was their fault I even had this disease, they were the reason for my pain! As my dark eyes stared at my blood, something...sparked. The drops on the earth began to spark and sizzle, white lines of electricity slowly rising from the droplets and connecting together in a senseless shape.

I stepped back with surprise, dark eyes widening with shock as the ball of electricity fell when I had stepped back. Staring like an idiot, the gears of my mind wheeling with ideas, I tried to concentrate on the energy of the sparks that had been there. Sure enough, from my drops of blood, the electricity returned. As I thought of the ball moving, it followed my mind's direction, I was actually controlling it. As the ball grew larger and larger, it began to take the shape of an animal I had in mind, perhaps inspired by the massive Tiger that all the others were currently fighting. A lion, entirely formed out of burning, electrifying sparks sizzled and popped in the air as it waited for my orders. My gaze glanced towards the Rift god, my lips lifting up into a sick smile as I directed the lion form to attack the Tiger, regardless of who was in the way.

With my electric lion leading the way to attack the tiger's face, I followed behind in close pursuit with my horn angled in front of me. I aimed for the left side of the Tiger's rib cage, uncaring of the flames that flared around her, hoping to pierce a vital organ. Now this was an advantage!

Team Earth - Panzram has discovered his magic and forms a lion made of electricity to attack the tiger's face. Then Panzram charges for the tiger's left side with his horn aimed at her rib cage, hoping to pierce a vital organ. @Random Event for HFH

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Einarr - 10-21-2015

Like the many Einarr watched jump into the fray of battle, there was no hesitation in his actions. Nodding obediently, the inky stallion took to the skies after his Khal. Massive wings carried him skillfully after the dun and Einarr willed the newly acquired armor to expand along his body. Sienna eyes widened as fire erupted around them, brought on by several fighters. Einarr was not aware before just how many Helovians wielded the element of his herd's patron god. It amazed him, and made his heart yearn simultaneously for a phoenix companion of his own to be astride his soul. Even as the fire raged around him, Einarr suspected his skin would be safe from the scalding lick of flames. His armor had come from the Rift's crocodile god, crafted by the God of Fire--that only meant it could protect him from the flames, right? He supposed--or, really, hoped so--as he decided on his attack.

Tucking his left wing slightly, the bloodrider swooped down lower toward the flaming tar-engulfed Tiger. Leveling himself out, Einarr noticed a flash of black and grey from the corner of his eye. A mixture of pride and the desire to keep his daughter safe triggered the hammering of his heart, but the pride won out. His daughter was born of his blood, and that made her a warrior--and it was time for her to prove it. Nodding in her direction, Einarr beat his large wings as hard as he could and as quickly as he could. He intended to fan the fire the others around him had created and give it enough oxygen to swell an devour the life of the Tiger god completely. He knew, however, if this fight was going to be anything like the fight in the Halcyon Flats, this tiger had more punch than the Helovians expected.
einarr
I raise my flag and dye my clothes
It's a revolution, I suppose
We're painted red to fit right in

TEAM EARTH
Flies close to the tiger and beats his wings hard, trying to fan the flames the many others have created.

Mentions: @Mordecai and Gaucho briefly. @Random Event -- GLL

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Abraham - 10-21-2015

In the aftermath of the two fillies complaining over the loss of a feather, and the disgusting comment by the blue colt, Abraham was ready for a fight. So, when he heard a call of war in the distance his heart instantly beat like a drum to the rhythm of the bloodshed. Mismatched eyes dilated with the bloodlust he felt in the very core of his being, and he and his twin dragons moved into the battle with skill and desire to kill. He found his target in the tiger that was thrown around by the Earth God. Abraham tucked his chin as he watched his father and several others race into the battle. Fire burst on the scene and his dragons moved with the unspoken command of their bondmate.

Golden and white reptiles swooped and crisscrossed in the air above the horse army, one moving to the right of the tar-Tiger and the other to the left. Simultaneously, fire and ice spewed from the respective jaws of the powerful dragons, aimed to devour the tiger's sides and maybe even hit those who were stupid enough to get in their way. Abraham held back, heavy body dancing with an unbridled desire to slay, but he was too smart to move in to only be burned by the tar and fire the other fighters were creating. He was no naive creature, he knew the lick of fire across his hide and he did not wish to be engulfed in the flames from stupidity. Instead, he would wait, and bide his time before he could dig his horn into the flesh of the tiger and rip its heart from its chest.

There were many in this battle that Abraham recognized, but he gave no attention to them. All he cared about now was the destruction before him, the beautiful painting of a massacre. The sight was pleasing to him, sending waves of warmed endorphins down his spine and bloodstream as his body puffed up. This is what he was born and bred for--like his parents before him--and as he danced on solid hooves, Abraham wanted his wombmate near his side to take with him the lead of this battle. The leviathan and the basilisk were destroyers by birth, sons of hellion, and Abraham knew it was only a matter of time before they would end the world in fire and ice--together.

Holy water cannot help you now

See I've come to burn your kingdom down

TEAM EARTH
His dragons swoop to the left and ride sides of the tiger and blow fire and frost respectively. Abraham waits away from the tar and fire.

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Ktulu - 10-21-2015

Ktulu

Ktulu had not been able to stand by and watch as the Earth God doted on his new child in ways that he had not doted on Hototo. It was like a dagger to the mare's heart and made her wonder just how much he had really cared for Hototo if he had not even been willing to give his son a companion. The display left a bitter taste in the mare's mouth and left her with a dislike of the new earth demi-god that was not entirely fair. Even Archibald and the comfort he had offered had not been enough to make Ktulu stand by and watch, so she sought isolation from everyone on the island as she waited for the inevitable battle that they all knew would be coming. And it did come in the form of a tiger with oozing tar stripes.

The dark mare grit her teeth together as she watched Archibald, Ophelia, and her own daughter throw themselves into the fight. There was a part of her that wanted to walk away and let the Earth God and fight his own battle with his new spawn, but she couldn't. From the distance she stood she could feel the ground tremble under the weight of Archibald's magic and that was what finally set her into motion. She charged ahead, her eyes searching for an opening as so many descended upon the tigress, all with the ultimate goal of killing her where she stood. The opening that drew the most attention from Ktulu was the tiger's chest. She tilted her head so that her horn was aimed at the god's chest and she threw her weight forward, her main intention being to sink her horn deep enough into the tiger's chest that she pierced its heart.

"."

Image Credit

Team Earth
ooc:// tries to stab the tiger in the chest/heart

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Mordecai - 10-21-2015

She had never truly been part of a battle before, so when the tigress appeared anticipation thrummed in the dark girl's veins. Her dark eyes glinted with her barely contained excitement as the fight started. Abraham and her father both made their move and the girl took to the air, though she flew considerably lower than her father. She knew he would be looking down and she knew that he would see her as she entered the fight. Look at me, dad. I'm not helpless. Her head turned in his direction only once as she cast a glance at him just to make sure he was watching, but then she was working again.

In the time since the crocodile fight she had come to realize that the power she had felt inside of herself was magic. It made her powerful and that power was needed to help defeat the tigress that everyone was fighting against. Look at me dad, I have magic and you don't. She beat her wings against the air to get herself higher up after she was positive that her dearest daddy had noticed her, and she circled around the tiger as she tried to focus that power she'd felt before.

She felt it building inside of her and she focused on the rift god's eyes. If she could manage to turn the fluid in the god's eyes to acid (thanks, ma) she could possibly blind the god. An even better outcome would be that the pain caused the tigress to claw her own eyes out. Now that would be something entertaining to watch.

"."

MORDECAI

when the last light warms the rocks and the rattlesnakes unfold
mountain cats will come along to drag away your bones

Team Earth
circles around the tiger and uses her magic to try and turn the fluid in the tiger's eyes to acid
:: [ Magic: DarkxWater | Can turn bodily fluids into acid ]
:: [ Restrictions | Lasts 30 seconds causing painful burning sensations and physical burns ]

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Snö - 10-21-2015

image by jouste @ flickr.com</style>

So this was why everyone had gathered on the island and no one had left. Snö had thought it was odd that so many would all get together in one place then linger for no real reason... but the tiger's appearance made everything clear. And now, it seemed, they all had to fight it. It kind of made her wish that she had said 'fuck it' and left after she'd explored enough of the island. It made her wonder why they had to fight with it was the Earth God who had allowed the tiger to slip through from whatever godforsaken land it had tainted.

But she was trying to be better. She was trying to think about others and be far less selfish than she typically was.

The selfless thing to do would be to throw herself into the fight like her father did. So Snö followed after her father, stumbling and catching herself on her frosted hooves as the ground trembled in the wake of what she assumed was magic and not a true earthquake. "Are you okay?" She directed the question to Mauja, who had fallen to one knee. But, of course, he was fine and he ran ahead summoning his own magic.

Since when did her father control fire? Wasn't he made if ice and snow?

Snö forced the question away and the realization that she truly knew very little about her father and she continued her charge. She aimed to slam her shoulder into the tiger's left foreleg to hopefully knock it off balance and send it tumbling down.

"."

snö.   </style>
& when she whispers, your blood shall run cold.</style>

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Vadim - 10-21-2015

It is a mixture of fear and awe that grips Vadim as the tiger comes through the portal. He wonders if this is what his child and her mother have been fighting while he's been completely unaware. Is this what killed Shadow? One of these monsters that don't belong in Helovia? His ears fall back against his head and he looks at Erthë as she takes the bow that her mother gave her and fires at the tiger. As he watches he sees that there are others who are physically attacking something that should inspire more fear than anything in each of them. He wonders how many of them are parents, he wonders if there are any of them that will lose their lives in this battle as Shadow did and leave their children motherless or fatherless ... or both.

He sees his sisters and he knows that there are at least two mothers on the battlefield. He cannot allow them to fall in battle. "Vlasi, watch Erthë." He instructs his companion as his child moves away to find cover. The cerberus simply follows after the foal while Vadim remains standing where he is. His eyes close and his ears fall back as he begins to focus his magic on the tiger. His goal is to make the tiger believe that the battlefield is a forest and each of the attackers is nothing more than a tree swaying in the breeze. He hopes that the tiger will becoming confused and that confusion will allow for several of the attacks to strike true and end the fight early. He just hopes it works and holds on to his magic for as long as he can manage.

"Talk."

Credits

TEAM EARTH
tries to use his magic to confuse the tiger by making the battlefield look like a forest and each of the attackers look like trees
:: [ Magic: DarkxLight | Can create realistic illusory worlds ]
:: [ Restrictions | Takes immense concentration and lasts 15-30 seconds in battle ]

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Lena - 10-21-2015

Lena
I'm buried and covered peaceful under millions of stars
The promises were broken again, one right after the other – a cosmic spell of delusions and fallacies, wrapped up in taut, deceptive riddles and schemes. She was so tired of it all: the battles, the enigmas, the mysteries, the bodies and heathens and figures all trapped together in the same ravenous dance as before. As she watched them all charge, fly into battle to defend Gods’ and lands and titles, she wondered: what if they did nothing?

What if all of them refused to fight? What if all of them stayed and strayed, lost amongst the ashes, the soot, the forest, and the water? What if they simply did naught at all, rejecting bloodshed, violence, and vehemence? What if none of them surrendered, but simply remained?

Would the world fall apart at the thought of peace? Would sanctum and sanctuaries provide their own riots and revolutions, crack and fray under the opulence, under the grandeur, under the fragments of heavenly bounty? Would the monsters disappear? Or would new ones resurface, clawing and grasping and crawling across the floor, becoming one more fiend, one more demon?

Were they ever free from barbarity?

The Songbird watched; not enraptured, not caught, not enamored with the prospects of another battle. But as they swarmed, as they fought, as they grappled, she struggled with the notion of staying behind, of embracing the still, tranquil air, of not uniting with a nation of heedlessness and feuding. But then: what would happen? Would she be cast aside? Would the newest monster, some great, bestial cat, conquer and devour those she cherished? Those she left behind?

Her heart ached, and her eyes witnessed more and more rampaging their way through the all mighty throng. Imogen passed a glance towards her, one of kindness, one of understanding, but naught more – she too was embedded in the sentiments of terror and savagery, rippling easily into the core of ruthlessness. Lena heaved a sullen, melancholic breath, wished and prayed and hummed under her breath (for the tiniest snippets of salvation to drift and drip towards them, please, please, please), and maneuvered her way along the outskirts – singing, wild and candid, dangerous and tragic, adding more and more fuel to the fire, to the inferno, to the blaze; tossed back into mendacity and duplicity.

[Reluctantly Team Earth God.

Uses fire magic; sings an inferno to add to the blazing tar and hopefully hit the tiger.]

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Rexanna - 10-21-2015

maybe some things are better left unsaid.
but if you wanted to test that out, well, I guess I could’ve said.
I was beginning to heal from my bout of the GLL, but it was still very present in my appearance. The sludge wasn’t sliding from my face anymore, but it did leave it stained that I couldn’t seem to get out no matter how hard I tried. Oh the perks of having light fur. I shook my head slightly, closing my eyes and lowering my head for a moment, hearing the God speak. Opening them, everyone appeared to be normal. I saw unfamiliar faces, which was a good sign for me. Perhaps the part that affected my vision was fixed finally. I breathed a slight sigh of relief and glanced around the crowd to see any Helovian familiar faces. With luck, I saw a couple of them until my eyes drifted to Tembovu.

He would be quite upset that I was here, I was sure. But I could be upset with him for being here too, so thankfully it wasn’t just a one way street. My eyes stayed glued to him as I lifted up a foot and took a step forward, seeing that he was approaching a grayish mare that was more than likely from the same herd – the way he greeted her with near concern and happiness. Placing my hoof down, I examined the mare from my distance the best I could and even from this perspective, you could still see that she was pregnant.

My mind flurried in a huge frenzy. I tried to reason with myself. That the mare was from his herd and probably someone else’s child, but as I watched how Tembovu appeared to react to her, it worried me a little. Perhaps it was his child? Maybe it was my fault for denying his strong desires for me to join the Edge. What if it was payback for Caleb? He never seemed like the type, but as I watched, I felt stuck like a statue. The crowd erupted around me, another god battle was in our midst and everyone was turning to fight it, flying by me like rockets as I stood there stuck to the ground like a pillar, watching with slight heartbreak as Tembovu began to protect the mare from the fire. He seemed so possessive and it just felt so… heart wrenching.

I turned my head away from the two of them to see the god, a giant Tigress that seemed to drip hot ooze from her stripes. In that moment, I debated on leaving right here and not even trying to get involved. Not even wanting to hear from Tembovu again, though the part of me that made things make sense was telling me that I should at least listen to his side of the story. But no, it wasn’t that easy for me. I needed to figure things out and it was quite painful seeing his body language toward her as I remembered seeing how protective he was to me being merely replicated in his actions with the gray mare.

That’s when I decided to let the frustration and anger fill me and make use of it on the Tiger. Shaking my body out, I did my best to ignore the throbbing sensation in my head that I had somehow managed to forget about during the scene before me. Though it seemed to have come back stronger than ever and I hoped that perhaps this god wouldn’t have a disease as debilitating as the past few.

Unsticking my legs from the ground where I had stood like a statue, I turned my body to the writhing feline as fire erupted around it, tar edging out even more. Well, if I was going to go out, I’d go out this way easily. I swished my tail for a moment trying to think of the best place to attack and decided to aim for the flank. Charging forward, I did my best to try and avoid the flames and tar, hoping to puncture a hole into the flank of the Tigress before her knee. Though, the heat around me was enough to nearly make me feel like I was suffocating. Perhaps if I died here tonight it would be a gift so I couldn’t ruin anyone else’s lives. And in that moment I secretly wished for something to attack me instead of someone who didn’t deserve it.

"Talk?"
image credits

TEAM EARTH GOD

Rexanna spots @Tembovu and begins to approach before seeing him and @Nyx which changes her mind immediately. Then decides to charge the Tigress, hoping to avoid the flames and tar and hoping to puncture the feline in the flank.

@Random Event - HFH

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Deimos - 10-21-2015

They were thrown back into the layers of disaster and mayhem, folded over and over and over into the barbaric blaze of bedlam and anarchy – and it was everything he’d craved, relished, savored. A scorching splendor, an unholy rapier, a vicious, pernicious fortification, he twisted away and calculated, brewed, considered, and breathed in the dissipation of peace and tranquility. Easily enamored by the toxic, venomous impasse of blood and vigor, the infernal Reaper stoked his finery through the varnished waves of vehemence, a maddening balance of ruin and massacre. His strides ricocheted against the shoreline, too intent, too allured, too beguiled by the bewitching spell of persecution and villainy, cloaked and veiled and created for the purpose of annihilation, to notice anything other than his target: the feline, the prey, the victim in their greatest melee. The beast, the abomination, the fuel and fire of Lucifer’s wake, drifted amongst the gathered crowd, watching carefully for the distinct signs of certain invocations, pausing as ice crackled and fire pulsed and earth wavered; delighting in the wicked paradigm and conundrum the world had offered: satisfied, content, with the notion, with the pervasion, with the sentiments of revolution, mutiny, and calamity. Deimos, a yearning, beating drum of sinister efforts and disastrous plumes, drifted as far as he could without the sticky tar clustering around his hooves; like a waiting, coiled carnivore, he contorted his skull towards the crouching tiger, and brewed the wild, vicious, untamed incantations woven along his bones, through his ribs, along his wicked, nefarious heart – felt them clambering, incandescent, vivid, and bright, and opened his mouth to unleash their tyrannical display. One by one, the three molten balls of fire burst towards the newest god, full of cataclysms, demise, and restless, undying fervor; a bestial collision of damnation and oblivion. 

[Team Earth God. Uses fire magic to unfurl three fireballs towards the tiger.]

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Tandavi - 10-21-2015

Give me one good reason,
Why I should never make a change

She missed the Sun, her God, but she will make up for it as a paladin of the Earth. Fire child sees the war and descends in a blind knot of fury, the memory of Lace and Fajira's figures still burned bright in the back of her eyes. She has passed denial, but anger remains in her trampled soul, a light in her spirit she must wield now as a weapon. Mournful, alone, she strides into battle, standing on the edge of the fray and contemplating her next move.

Sea and sky are full of bodies, running and striking with frightening force. The girl knows she cannot move among them, lacks the strength to land a blow of consequence and would probably wind up shoved aside. But Fire Dancer wields a gift of her own, one last memory, a parting shot from a fallen soldier. She has held it close within her veins, the quiet thrum of Lace's power beating in her heart. Lace often told her of the beauty of the Earth. Silverthorn, he wielded the power to shape trees, and now the girl will use his magic in one last glorious fight.

She reaches down for roots and branches, calling to them with a foreign power and willing them forward into life. Recklessly, relentlessly, she throws herself into the task, pulling wood from its stationary setting and urging it to reach out and wrap around the behemoth that dare defile its home. "For Lace," she whispers between gritted teeth, black eyes a blaze of empty despair.

credits

Team Earth God. Uses Lace's magic to try to get the plants to grab the Tiger. If anyone needs healing for HFH or any battle injuries, Tavi's available!

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Vitani - 10-21-2015

VITANI
When we look up at the stars, we see only the memory of light; and though they are distant we know they still shine

"Vitani! Come here." Aw shit. I look to the mare who had come to my aid, and the young stallion too. I was glad, even grateful. But when your lead calls.... Well you have no choice but to obey right? "That's the Czar of the Falls... I have to go." I glare at the one who took the feather as if to say, this isn't over, before turning and moving toward the Czar. I stood behind him, seething with pure anger. Why wasn't I bigger, or stronger? No one in the Falls cared about me, so why should I think they would protect me from danger or from anything that belonged to me being stolen.

It's as I'm thinking, and becoming more and more depressed with the thoughts, that Sarabi draws my attention back to everything around me. Archibald and several others are all leaping forward. My eyes dash to the God of the Earth. He's hurt! That's when I see my chance. As one, Sarabi and I move around to the side trying to make sure we are mostly out of sight of the one we were attacking... Or well, the one I was at least attacking. Sarabi was glaring at the tiger, and I knew the signs all to well. Hellfire began to rain from the skies over the fight with the tiger. I however, had another target. I focused on a place across the fight from me, bending the winds and collecting moisture from the air. Once it had grown to a small radius I sent it spinning straight for Abraham. I may be small, but my magic packs a punch.

"Talk"
Sarabi Talks

Team Earth God/Make Abraham pay!

Sarabi and Vitani move around the fight to be out of sight of Abraham, before Sarabi uses her hellfire over the fight and Vitani uses her hurricane magic to send a small hurricane at Abraham.

:: [ Magic: WaterxWind | Able to create a small hurricane ]
:: [ Restrictions | Limited to a radius of 10m ]

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Erebos - 10-21-2015

EREBOS
The prince’s mind clouded with rage.

It was distorted and consumed beyond all measure, clambering and wild and ferocious, beating and bleeding the same vehement, violent drum, wishing and yearning and twisting and longing for the coils of vengeance. He seethed, he smoldered, he simmered, intoxicated and driven to the godless, cold-blooded acrimonious strokes of an incensed, feverish declaration: funneled and channeled into more and more infuriated instances as the days drew on, staring, watching, for his chance, his opportunity to strike.

Because that damned beast, that painted titan, deserved a taste of his own medicine, an arched ream of retaliation, reprisal, and requital for all his ridiculous, asinine crimes. Why should he be allowed to haunt the world and do as he wished? Why was he permitted to murder innocent children for no reason? Why was he granted the ability to steal from another? Why was he sanctioned to remain on this earth with no one stopping him?

What made him so much better than everyone else?

What gave him the right to take and snag and steal and massacre?

Erebos hated him. He despised him. He abhorred his presence, his existence, and perhaps, given the moment, he would’ve lost control, would’ve fought against his composure, and would’ve unleashed a deplorable scheme, a bewitching taste of eradication. Instead, he waited, idle with the consuming plumes of promises, of oaths, of assurances of a time and a place to unfurl his devastation, his wrath, his bitter, twisted, rancorous contempt.

As luck would have it, his acrimonious aperture, his ominous opening, came on the whims of a God.

They were wrong again; no peace, no salvation, no sweet sanctuaries, just another monster, just another demon sparked amongst them. And he wondered, irritated and annoyed and so vexed at the series of cycling ineptitudes: why the gods never punished the truly wicked and corrupt? Why were these lands warped, and never the disgusting Colossus who took and took and took?

The tiger appeared, springing and clawing and desecrating, and he almost gave into the notion of following its stead, unraveling and rejoicing in the essence of battle, in the splendor of danger and audacity, to rid himself of the gnawing, pulsing thoughts –

But Orsino, wicked and depraved as the rest of them, pierced his way through their connection - He open, he open!, and the boy’s eyes swarmed to see the same painted monster, alone and waiting, without his dragons, without his fiends, without his allies clustered around him.

It may have been his sole break to claim a portion of revenge for the fallen, golden girl, for the filly with the feather, for the winged femme who’d tried to solve the rash, ridiculous dilemma – they maneuvered as one across the island – bestial and despicable, a torrent of mayhem, of menace, of unholy, righteous anger.

He saw the filly nearby. He witnessed the rising squall of her magic. He motioned carefully, slowly, towards the beast’s right and attempted to extend his rapier across the right side of his flank, intending to strike, intending to unleash fire and brimstone and fury into his touch, trying to unveil all his dislike, all his discord, all his brutal, bedlam essence upon the one who’d slain his friend.

And still, it probably wouldn’t be enough.

[Team Get Abraham:

- Motions towards Abraham’s right and tries to lacerate the right side of his flank.]

Image Credit

@Abraham @Vitani

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Zèklè - 10-21-2015

Z E R O
they say we are what we are, but we don't have to be

It was a lot for a small boy to take in.

First there was Iso, who did not seem to be mad at him, which was a relief. He had a million questions to ask her, about how she got to be so tall and why she'd been mad and if she'd had any more adventures and if she'd been at the other wars, too. So many questions, but only one which made it successfully to his lips. "That's your Da?" he demanded loudly, turning wide eyes to the God of the Earth. That was her Da! Wow! He remembers meeting the God, only once, and crying - which was embarrassing - oh, he hoped Iso didn't know!

Maybe one day Iso would take Zero to meet her Da for real, and the boy could ask him to fix his wing.

Then there was the big black colt. He hadn't even noticed the other boy in his haste to find a friend, but once he did Zero discovered all at once what jealousy was, and how stupid it could lead a person to be. It didn't help that everything went to crap all at once, either. One minute they were catching up, and then suddenly the hair on the back of his neck (his mane?) stood up, and the boy felt his feathers ruffle in response to the magic in the air. And then, out of nowhere, a giant cat-thing and the God of Earth showed up.

It all took a moment to take in, but Iso and her friend didn't seem to have a problem with it. When Zero finally tore his eyes away from the dripping beast, he found the world around him moving and alive. Iso was doing magic, and so was the other boy, and suddenly Zero felt very inadequate indeed. Everyone around him was so very big and strong, and what was he? He pressed his wing against his side, wishing he could disappear. No wonder Iso didn't spend time with him anymore. She'd outgrown him. He was just a cripple, and she had bigger, stronger friends, and she didn't need him anymore, and he was useless.

Well. He'd show them.

"C'mon, Squishy!" Zero's voice rose above the din of the fight, a war cry to rally his troops. He shot Isopia one last grin, crooked and bold and so very stupid, before vanishing into the crowd.

He wasn't sure where he was going, but he was going to show Iso and her Da how strong he could be. He'd charge the Tiger. And Squishy would zap it. There was very little plan after that.

Roaring the boy pushed through the crowd, aiming to ram his shoulder against the monster's right hind leg, while Squishy toddled behind, shooting out bolts of electricity toward the beast. Maybe Ma would see him, and Gaucho too. The thought gave him courage- Yeah! He'd probably hit it so hard it'd fall over, and Squishy would just shock it's heart, and there wouldn't be any more fighting because Zero would've saved them all, and he'd be awesome!

I'll be the hero, guys, just watch me!

TEAM ISOPIA (aka Earth)
Leaves @Isopia and @Volterra to charge head-first at the tiger's right hind leg. Squishy tries to electrocute the tiger. If anyone has BFB, feel free to get shocked!

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Calypso - 10-21-2015

C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

Tembovu had not seemed to notice me, which was fine for me. I preferred to be in the background. The talk of past fights and ill gods was making my head spin. Dae moves under my belly, unsure of my emotions and the goings of around us. I can not say that I blame her, as I barely know anyone.

Then, it seems to begin. A tigress leaps at the Earth God, at least that is who I've gathered he is. She wounds him, but not majorly. Dae cries out in fear, as the tiger could easily eat her. But not on my watch. I lower my head, ready to use my antlers to protect the fawn. The God of the Earth yells at the Tiger Goddess, talking about some sort of deal they had. All she could say was one word. Mine. Obviously, that was not going to sit well with everyone else.

Movement stirs all around us. Daenerys screams in fear as the ground shakes us. I stumble slightly but manage to keep on my hooves. What the hell had I gotten us into?! As one, Dae and I move backward. My aqua eyes stare in all out fear. I was not a fighter, I have never been a fighter. I hear a scream, and at first I think it is little Dae finding her own voice. Then I realize the sound was far to loud for such a little one. It was me, screaming in all out fear of the battle. The last fight I had been around had shattered my entire world and turned me from a pampered princess to a refugee in another land.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

Team Earth God/WTF

Calypso and Daenerys stumble back from the fight while Cal screams in terror

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Cera - 10-21-2015

Cera
Go ahead, you're never going to take me - you can bend but you're never going to break me

He’d known somehow that there would not be peace. The pattern was too obvious, too repetitive and perfect for the Earth God to slip out of it. So Cera had remained, faithful in his God and in the absolution he’d finally achieved – brand new, reborn, and he could breathe again - but faithless in the ability of the Rift gods to give up their lands willingly. He didn’t have to wait very long, truly. More than anyone else, perhaps, he was capable of acclimating to the hot and humid climate. Born and raised in the Throat, it was nothing new to him, aside from how the air itself seemed to cloy against his skin in some tangible manner.

Aside from that, he allowed himself the time to lounge and relax, to explore the land which gave total access to him with his wings. Cera knew the time would come, and he was not disappointed.

By the time he arrived, everything was in chaos. Ilaria was clinging to his shoulder, and Cera’s eyes darted around the battlefield, not sure where to deposit her and keep her safe from harm. Snagging on a healer, he swept low towards the Earth God, massive wings a shadow upon the earth as lithe limbs struck land in discordant approach. “Healers!” he cried, for their names were too plentiful and lost to him in the adrenaline. Wing outstretched to nearly touch Badger’s shoulder, recognizing at least the singular Throat healer. Ilaria raced down the span of his wing to try and climb onto Badger’s spine, or at least shimmy down his foreleg if she was not welcome. “She has healing abilities, keep her safe!” Nobody wanted to know the hell he’d rain down upon the world if they did not, he thought darkly to himself.

Be safe, Cera. Ilaria’s voice trailed after him as he turned and swept back into the skies with a singular lurch of his wings, lower mass leaping into the air in a billow of air and errant blades of grass. The tiger was practically blanketed in faithful servants and fighters, and Cera could hardly know where to attack. Remembering the crocodile fight he swept in from behind, remembering something about cats using their tails for balance. Hooves came down, attempting to pin the thick tail while the tiger was distracted, teeth coming down in tandem to try and latch down, rip and tear as much as his blunted herbivorous teeth could manage. 

Image Credit

TEAM EARTH, CONTEST WINNER

Summary: Drops Ilaria off on @Badger and flies over to the tiger to try and pin the tail to prevent mobility while also trying to bite it

RE: SWP :: Blunt Little Instruments (Part I) - Beest - 10-21-2015

Beest
move through me - i'll be your triumph

“No. Fucking. Way.” Beest whispered under his breath, staring his eyes out at the chaos that exploded all alround him before bolting away.
He had been around on this new grounds for a bit, curious to what all the uproar was about. All seemed to be good and well – these lush and tropical woods reminded him of his homelands. His motherlands featured a tropical climate with rich vegetations, where big savannah plains met lush forests. Grounds fertilised by it’s huge volcanos. Extended wildlife, both big and small, ranging from tall birds to agile predators, roamed these lands. It was an everlasting battle for survival, prey versus predator. A brutal game solely cut out for the fittest with only two possible outcomes: Win or die.
At first glance things had seemed different here in Helovia. Beest had seen weaklings, blind ones, animals that wouldn’t have survived for sure in his old lands. Yet upon closer inspection they all seemed to fight their own battles. While predators may even be befriended here and tend to follow their larger equine companions around with a loyalty unknown to mankind, there were bigger and more dangerous forces at hand. Gods and their magic reigned these grounds and even Beest, who had lived his life as an infidel, could not oppose this. These bigger forces brought greater wars than he had ever witnessed before. He had heard tales of diseases and fear in his short time around but had never actually experienced them first hand, like he was about to now.

From one moment to next the atmosphere shifted from relaxed to complete chaos. Beest could not believe what he was seeing – the ground shook firmly under his feet, making it near impossible for the striped bay to stay on all fours. Equines in all sorts of forms and sizes appeared out of nowhere, ramming and firing magic at an oversized tigress. (Figures, even here not all predators are friends apparently.) Without a second thought, the stallion decided to just get the fuck out as soon as possible. Only a mad man would straight forward run into a war that they had no knowledge of, that had nothing to do with them. Besides, had they all lost their heads? Who in their right minds would start causing earthquakes on an island surrounded by the freaking ocean or just blindly start casting their magic on a target that’s closely surrounded by your allies? No no no, Beest would choose for his own safety and not mingle himself in this. Not before he knew what was going on.
Remembering tales of disappearing oceans, only to come back bigger and faster, consuming everything on it’s path, he reared around to find the highest bit of the island. It might already be too late, it might not happen at all, but this unicorn ran for safety.

"talk talk talk"

Credits
Table by Tamme ♥

INDECISIVE
Beest thinks only mad men would fight a war that isn't their own, thinks the tactics of everyone just attacking the tigress makes it too chaotic for him to contribute and runs for the hills in fear (which may or may not be realistic) of a tsunami caused by the earthquakes from before.