HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings (/showthread.php?tid=21903)

Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Thranduil - 12-10-2015

Autumn mists roll through the towering hedges and trees, like a silent ghost of thought. It was enough to send chills up anyone’s back, but fortunately the golden felt right at home her. With a smile and smooth steady step he slides through the groove. This place, felt so right. Tucked away, and kept safe and quite from the world, it seemed to fit his soul. More so than the mountains were becoming at least. What had lead him here was yet another venture from that place. The towering stone brought no rest, or ease, and though he tried to slither back into his cave, it always felt too small, and he too watched. Everything needed doing, yet nothing was done, and he no longer felt to let his tongue loose there. So he left it. This was yet another venture out. Not even steps from the Arch his smirk returned, and Haldir, who trotted at his side and felt the change, kicked up his heels.

Now they were here. It was the first time since that rather unfortunately battle. Snorting and tossing his head the gold tries to rid himself of the thoughts, but they were quite painfully persistent. It wasn’t long ago his lungs had been able to handle a run without too much strain, and he was loathe to think of such a feeling returning. No one was here today though. Or at least not that he had yet found. Pity. Tasseled tail switches at his sides as he pauses to drink at one of small streams. Haldir, who had been on guard about this whole situation finally seems to ease as he comes by his bonded’s side. He did not like these woods. Not only were the memories of the place to fresh and painful, but the mists had his sense on overdrive. As the stop he still stands guard, listening and looking about.

The crowned gold pays him no mind. If someone wanted to find them here, it was more than likely their mistake, not his. This, the golden thought, was his land. A land of shadows and ill will. It flowed through him a mischievousness. What if someone were to come, my that would be quite a bit of fun perhaps? He thought to the times he had called upon his gilded tongue and found it quite entertaining, so why stop there? Why not go ahead and have a real sport and see just how far he could push it. A smug grin rises, water still dripping from his chin. Yes, what a better place than here to have a bit of sport. Haldir’s glance turns to his bonded when he senses the change, and an uneasiness settles over him. He never liked these moments, and his weight shifts to show it. He is given no heed though, as the gold only ponders what strange wonders he could twist upon a wander.

"talk talk talk"
OOC::

Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

RE: Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Zandora - 12-11-2015

Zandora
Yes, dear, I'm smiling
Inside I'm dying

A gypsy she was. Always moving, never settling. Here she was, finding herself wondering yet again. It seemed that staying in place was just a purpose not meant for her. The vixen did not weave herself into any certain place, her roots were only set in herself and everywhere else was void of matter. That was how you stayed self-sufficient, it was how you survived. She had realized this in her travels of Helovia, and her findings quite valuable. Zandora owed nothing to no one, owed herself to nowhere, and she felt perfectly content with that idea. Casting loyalties had only deceived her, so if there was none to be cast, then there was a problem naught to be had. 

She had wondered east in this new day, her journey's across Helovia never stopping. Delicate ears tipped forward as she wondered amongst the forestry, the new scents and forest aromas whispering their histories and compositions into her onyx nostrils. The soft rays of the early sun spoke through the microphone of trees, casting notes and melodies onto her ebonite skin. It was a beautiful scene, the silence of the forest a song she loved listening to most. There was nothing more calming then the sway of old, wise trunks or the crackle and splash of icy streams. The song of the forest didn't cover the murder that took place within it, the destruction and the death. Zandora had watched, but she didn't dare interfere with affairs that could only cost her in the end. She was like the trees that surrounded her, watchful and quiet, not allowing herself to intervene in a world that was not hers to interrupt. 

Sighing, Zandora picked her way further into the labyrinth of bamboos and meadows. The rustle of another caught her attention, quickly awakening her from her daily stroll in her thoughts. Her purple eyes fell on the golden hide of Thranduil. He did not know who she was, but her always listening ears had heard his name once or twice. She too had watched him in battle, the battle that happened not to far from where they stood now. "Escaping the world too?"  She asked, locks illuminated under the mellow rays. Perhaps she wasn't the only one who evaded the inquires of the world on this day. 

"Talk?"

OCC: yeet
@Thranduil

RE: Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Thranduil - 12-13-2015

He hears a little mouse. Rustling through the falling leaves. His grin grows ever wider. How he loved being silent and not lending himself to being so easily caught. Yet it also made those same noises of others stand out all the more for his brain was no longer dulled to them. The crowned head rises from the small stream, and the smile softens, trying to temper itself to a more tame version. His earth eyes find a most curious creature. Standing among the colored leaves and thick mists stands a black creature, but swirling about her in the dull breeze is vibrant purple air. Harks raise in curiosity at the strange sight. Though many in Helovia had unusual colors, none usual so vibrant as this.

Letting his tasseled tail swing with an easy beat, he steps over the small stream. Haldir watched him go. He had spotted the lass at the same time as his bonded, and being so tense kept an eye on her. His suspicions were still high in this wood. However, as much as he distrusted anything walking in this wood, he could not deny the suave calm that pulsed from his bonded. It eased his own thoughts, yet also caused him to stay behind. While he was glad to see the golden at ease, he did not enjoy the possible taunts of another. Besides, having walked so much his stomach was clawing for the few last lush sprigs at his feet. So it wasn’t too much of a hardship to stay behind, and begin to graze.

The Laurelin meanwhile came forward to greet the girl of so strange a color, yet she speaks first. The golden’s grin curls on the ends, twisting it. “Oh no darling, quite the opposite.” It seeps out low, like a whisper, a hiss, but dark and cold. Oh but where are his manners? He tames himself. And his smile eases back. “What might a lovely thing like you have to escape from?” The crowned head tilts, letting the words rolls off more playfully. It was perhaps unfortunate he did not recognize the girl, but she did he. Still, in such space, and in such a rebellion, the ties of herd and kin are quite forgotten.

"talk talk talk"

Thranduil

@Zandora

RE: Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Zandora - 12-23-2015

Zandora
Yes, dear, I'm smiling
Inside I'm dying

Or maybe she was the only one who was trying to escape. Maybe she was the only one for a lot of things, and in a world so massive, so large, there had to be others that felt that same way she did, but perhaps the size did no graces, and Zandora was alone. All alone. His words were icy and venomous, the tone alarming her. Had she not just tried to start conversation? She became wary quite quickly, deciding to be more careful with what she said. There was a time, that Zandora did not care what others thought of her, but now it seemed that the passing of time had created a structure of filtration within the horned's head.

His next words settled her previous alarms, but brought about an inner questioning that she wasn't exactly sure how to form into words. Her ears flickered back as the desire to be here slipped away. You are here because you are running. Stop running. She heard the words echo through her head as her subconscious reminded her what a frail thing she had become. When would the fiery Arabian return from her hiatus?

Shifting her gaze that had fallen from the golden's back to her Lord, she spoke with soft cascading words that danced with the sadden melodies. "That's a good question. One I ask myself everyday." She started, tail lashing at her haunches as she ignored the mocking memories of herself. "I believe it is me I'm escaping." She then said, feeling the strangeness that those words brought to the aurora. Trying to avoid spilling to much, she too asked a question. "What do the bamboo grasses offer you today?" She inquired, wanting to know why the Lord sought the company of the yellow meadows and grasses.

"Talk?"

OCC: sorry she's such a mess, until she talks with Ashamin she's in this rut
@Thranduil

RE: Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Blu - 02-14-2016

unarchived per request

RE: Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Thranduil - 02-14-2016

It was a good thing he resigned himself in. The golden could practically see her little heart flutter with unknowing and warning. Yet that did not stop her from speaking up again. All the while he stands there un-phased. The crowned head held with just s light tilt, and tasseled tail swinging ever so freely behind him. She was a pretty little thing, but what plans should he craft for her. So many choices, it was rather hard to choose.

Those earth eyes take in every hesitation, the flinch of her ears, and held in breath. At last she gives them voice. What comes out is more personal than he could have hoped for. She was escaping herself? Oh dear, and come right to a mirror, or rather worse than a mirror. He would show her a rather nasty reflection I’m afraid. She was trying to change subjects, and his head tilts the other way. Did she fear the subject? Or saying more than she should? Well it was too late for that, he certainly wouldn’t let her get away that easily. “Why should you feel the need to escape such a beautiful reflection?” His words purred out, rolling about her, trying to wrap around her suspicions and silently suffocate them.

The girl did pose another question though, and ill as he was to leave the other subject, it did require an answer. “They offer a respite from the cold winds and hearts.” The earth eyes spark with the gold enlays, yet he tempers himself only slightly, sighing as he says his answer, and looking off for a moment towards the north. Then he turns back. “You can not escape yourself though I’m afraid. I’ve tried.” That slip sent a bristle down his back. Harks flick, but he holds steady. His mood too strong, and the hunt too engaging to travel down that rabbit path. “Here-“ He turns gesturing to the stream behind him. “Tell me what you see…” Come here little mouse, and taste the cheese upon the metal table….

"talk talk talk"

Thranduil

@Zandora

RE: Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Zandora - 03-04-2016

Zandora
Yes, dear, I'm smiling
Inside I'm dying

His tail was a rhythmic beat in her drums, a pendulum swinging in it's glittering golden glory. There is a change of heart, a change of mindset, just like the switch of minute to another, Zandora is different. Perhaps the vibe the golden leviathan circulated was one that challenged her, beckoned her to wallow in her prides, her powers, not her pities. Or even the fact that the devil's daughter had shared weakness to another could be explanation enough. She was no woman who bowed to such mental feebleness that had crippled the masses(had crippled her), she is so much better then that. 

She is not surprised when the man peeps into the loopholes of her words she offered and prods for more information, just as she had so stupidly set herself up for and had also used on others. Maybe the minds of the heartless(oh how she wishes was was truly heartless, but really, she is everything but) are not so different all. He too incorporated a sly comment, and she could not help but to release a short chuckle. She'd give the man a chance she supposed, Zandora would play his little game, after all what better to play a round or two with a crafter herself? 

"Well it is not the reflection I wish to escape, it's more so the taunts, the reminders that that reflection sees. I wish to escape mistakes. Although it is quite easily seen that there is no such ordeal as escaping your failures." She offers, once again spewing more words then she desired. She would soon grow impatient if he picked at her skin again, her demand to leave the subject alone easily seeping through amethyst orbs.

He speaks again and it is noted that the golden and the vixen had yet to become more the strangers, for their identities still rested behind their crowned skulls. Zandora's lips curl ever so slightly as her smokey words fill the voids, "Well then you as well are escaping yourself, that is if you too would consider your heart layered by the frozen waters of barrenness; ice?" She played back, trying her own trick; forcing  his hand. She would now get to know whether the man believed himself as innocent or guilty, even if she knew little of the gold, she still pried to know all she could. His next words bloom a little regret in her mind, for the words spoken were just as personal as hers. He does not appear to be one that so easily lets information go, she figured this must've been some sort of mistake. Here they were, both inclined to keep their secrets hidden, but yet in the face of questioning, their hearts minds cried out with bubbling desire to share(despite such need to not reveal). Choosing not to revel in his sorrows, his past, or whatever the golden man called it, she simply said, "It appears no one can."

Zandora is glad that he seems to move on, beckoning her to peer out at the translucent waters behind him. She does not understand his intent, but it was her turn to play along with his move. Stepping forward, the vixen neared him to better look at what he wished for her to see(or not see.) As she passed the aureate stallion, she flicked her lilac tail so that it might brush upon his barrel, she was far above the whores of Helovia, but the fox does have her ways of slowly drawing, luring, hoping for a catch. This man of mystery might not fall to such tempts, but there was no harm in a little fun.

Letting her attention fall to white capped water, she looked for something, anything that was spectacular enough for verbal recording, but Zandora was only shown a blurred vision of herself. Turning her dished face, her brow arches as words of silk fall from black lips. "I am no creative woman, if you wish for me to preform some sort of poetic painting, I am afraid I will prove to disappoint. For all I see is a mere stream, in a mere forest, placed in a mere world." Oh what a beautiful lie it was. She saw so much more then nature, she saw stories in the pattern of nature, but perhaps most of all was that reflection that had stared back at her. Yes, Zandora saw that.

"Talk?"

OCC: so this post got away from me hahaha sorry
@Thranduil

RE: Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Thranduil - 04-11-2016

It appears no one can. A snort, hot and bellowing of steam rolls from the golden beast. He had said it, but being leveled to a common field was revolting (truly you can see his ego has grown monstrous). The golden had not need to escape himself. He was as he should be and no blemish or scar on his back was unrecognized. (Except for that rather large burnt out bit in the middle of his chest which on principle always went ignored) So as she tried to play her hand against him she got nowhere. No comment. No aggression. Only a snort and nothing more. The golden was not a common thing to be toyed out of his hiding with a common piece of cheddar. He was no mouse. He was the cat.

So as the girl steps towards the water’s edge, her tail flick gaining her nothing but pinned ears, he plans a more serious ploy. He exhales, and inhales, gears clicking and turning. One identity washed away in favor of hers, and then it is released once more. As she begins to speak he is stepping away, back from her vision and notice as his shimmering golden form dissolves in the mist to be a small black and violet vixen. Her reflection. Only a wicked grin light her face, and the long full tail swayed with easy.

“Liar.” The female hissed. Did he know she lied? Well certainly he not read her mind, but had she not just confessed to be hiding? Had she not changed the subject too many times? Was she not overly on about her answer? Or even if she wasn’t, it was more fun to call her a liar and trouble her pretty head. Besides, it should surely get her to turn around.

He straights though, the refined head curving to match the way she carried hers. “If you see nothing here but a mere forest then you are lying to none other than yourself. To me. A very serious crime indeed.” Her head tilts. “You get the execution block for that.” He was joking right? Teasing? Or at least this was all a play. This certainly couldn’t come from actual experience….Because if it had, then he would have done something he actually regretted. The golden would have to be a liar to himself of the worst nature. If he had…then he must have killed off some part of himself ages ago….

But those dark days and dark holes were not in this golden’s mind. No, for this unfortunate soul, he was damnless, and making this too revealing lady as uncomfortable as possible was his only goal.

"talk talk talk"
OOC:: So sorry its late.
Identities: Erebos, Zandora, Tembovu, Archibald

Thranduil

@Zandora

RE: Pondering on Wanderers Wonderings - Zandora - 05-19-2016

Zandora
Yes, dear, I'm smiling
Inside I'm dying

Her orbs rose from the streams, from the haunting mirror of a horned mare in ebonite and purple, how had he known she had lied? Zandora was no awful lier, she had grown up lying, she was the shadow mare. But, somehow he had figured it out. Perhaps he was calling her bluff, provoking and poking, wishing and waiting for her to break under his glare. Anger rose up in her veins, but what she looked back too was enough to diminish that. 

It was her. But not. 

WHAT THE FUCK. Her ears pinned, body immediately growing defensive as she stared at herself. Was this some sort of illusion? She glanced around, looking for a certain golden cat in the rummage, finding none, her cold eyes settled upon stark pupiless orbs, mockery and something else alit in them. She wanted to charge, wanted to sink the entirety of her horn in that body, in that body that was HERS, not someone else's to play around in. She did not know if it would hurt her, so she merely stood motionless, her expression absent of warmth, but full of nothing else--she wouldn't play any more of his games. She already had lost too many rounds, SHE was the master of trickery and she wouldn't allow some man dripped in gold defeat her. 

"Your little magic tricks are childish, I do not fear you."  She said plainly, almost annoyed with the whole situation. All she wanted was a good time, a little bit of satisfaction to her craving, and the vixen had stumbled upon a man and his card deck. "What do you want, fallen king of the Basin? What lies beyond that skull of yours hmm?"  She asked, her eyes still locked within the own mirrored gaze of her own. She wanted to look away, didn't want to see her body being invaded by this man, but she would not give into the wishes Two could play the game.

"Talk?"

OCC: merp I honestly didnt know how to write her reaction so sorry for the lateness/vagueness! Now with the order they will be seeing each other a lot and I wanted this tread to be wrapped up/wrapping up
@Thranduil