HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] I can explain... - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] I can explain... (/showthread.php?tid=22044)

I can explain... - Tembovu - 12-21-2015

Tembovu
He had been troubled, disappointed even, by the select few herd mates that had chosen to not show their faces at the meeting. So much had happened, and it disheartened the Elephant that some had chosen to leave the Edge… His great head shook the thoughts free as his ribs expanded with cool, early Orangemoon air. He exhaled a long, quiet sigh, navy eyes sweeping up and down the border of shattered glass that marked the herd’s boundaries.

Coarse strands of his ebony tail swayed at thick hocks while he contemplated the possible reasons for not attending a meeting. He could think of few valid reasons… Though some did come to mind. And perhaps those explanations would be voiced by the herd members he was about to summon. Part of him was extraordinarily interested to hear their stories, while another part of him was disgruntled.

Members of a herd needed to attend meetings— especially this one, with the shift of power occurring, and so many changes in ranks. To the Elephant King, not attending was disrespectful. Perhaps (most likely) the new ruler was too idealistic to assume that all members would joyfully attend meetings. Or even begrudgingly attend meetings. Regardless, the mammoth (at least for now), would hold those who chose not to show accountable.

A small, amused smile replaced the disappointment on his broad face as he once again reared to his massive height. And, once again, his massive hooves hit the earth with punishing blows, “Those who did not show their faces at the meeeting,” his low roar trumpeted through the Edge, “Explain yourselves!” And then, tall and commanding, he waited for the unruly members to appear.
Once more into the fray
credits | table by Neo

@Katerina @Ruairi @Whisper @Odette @Rowtag @Jahzara @Sariel

This is for those characters who were not on absent and did not reply to the herd meeting. Think of a good excuse, or else there might be repercussions ;] muahaha

Reply by 1/5/16! (extended for Holidays, but earlier responses are appreciated will be replied to.)

RE: I can explain... - Jahzara - 12-24-2015

Jahzara

Change does not bode well for every individual. Some beings were creatures of habit, and Jahzara was far from exempt of that. While the rest of the world accepted changes and carried on with their lives, it was rarely ever a good thing for the golden vixen to go through an unexpected change in her routine. The mare had hardly adjusted to the change in leadership after the murders caused by the Moon Goddess, having gone through a mental blackout during one of the most horrendous things she had ever witnessed while living in Helovia. Barely speaking to anyone and proving herself to be as utterly useless as anyone could possibly be as a civilian in a herd, Jahzara had retreated into the depths of the World's Edge forest with nothing more than her hallucinations for company.

A mental breakdown had over taken the mare, quite similarly as a few seasons prior, to where she was nothing more than a shell of an equine. Her mind had tried to protect her from the changes happening around her, tried to guard her from her own depression by locking her away from the rest of the world. While her body moved, her consciousness was elsewhere. Trapped within the confinement of her own imagination, her least favorite hallucination hid her away no matter how much she disliked the darkness. Charles, the whispy stallion of smoke that only she could see, hissed darkly to her whenever she asked to go home. Only Charles would decide when she could return, only Charles would be able to bring her back.

It's terrifying what the power of the mind can do.

Jahzara was unaware of how many days had passed during her mental blackout, her body thin from the stress. Her will to survive had helped her maintain essential functions, drinking water when needed and eating just enough so that she would not starve, but she had no realization of what she was doing, nor could she remember anything after 'coming home'. Charles had left her alone at last, but her favorite hallucination had yet to return to her side as she tried to regain her strength and comprehension. Imagine her surprise when the loud bellow of a vaguely familiar voice demanded the attention of anyone that did not attend 'the meeting'.

Meeting? What meeting?

Eyes widened slightly with fear, auds flicking back with the realization that she had missed much more than she initially thought. Although the strong voice was familiar, it did not seem like the voice of the kings that she had met prior, and that alone sent a nervous chill down her spine. Slowly, she turned towards the call to follow obediently. Once she caught scent of the massive stallion that towered over her in the past, Jahzara's head dropped down low to the ground with submission. His voice...It seemed angry...What had happened? What was going to happen? Quietly, not unlike a scolded puppy, Jahzara walked out of the trees to stand some distance from Tembovu. The girl's muscles quivered beneath her golden and snowy hide, her anxiety clearly visible from the mild shaking of her thin body.

Forcing herself to look up at the stallion, her half-blinded gaze blurred by the tears that had begun to swell, she struggled to speak. Never before, in all her years of loyalty to the World's Edge, had she been in trouble. Yes, she lost her position as Spector some seasons ago, that was understandable when she knew she had been a long shot of even obtaining the rank. But never something like this..."I..." Jahzara's voice cracked before she could even muster up the courage to get the second word out, but after some seconds of trying to regain her composure, she squeaked out the rest. "I...didn't know...the-the-there was a...a meeting..." The honesty in her voice, no matter how meek and quiet it was, could be seen in her demeanor alone. Anyone that even remotely knew the child-like vixen would be able to see that she was terrified of any consequences that may come to her.

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

RE: I can explain... - Katerina - 12-31-2015

Reaching out, exploring, becoming. This was what Katerina had tried to focus on now. She was still merely tumbleweed, drifting amongst the sands and terrains of this world, trying to learn to understand and to be useful. But she felt better then when she first arrived, confused she would always be, but Katerina was comfortable in her ability to learn the ways of this world.

Today she wondered around the world's edge, she decided that this was her last day that she was going to stay confined in the glassy boarders. Their confinement had been her choice of course, but Katerina had to push herself to reach out of the comfort zone that she had spent so much of her life living in. There would be no more of that, not in Helovia, where she could not predict by the stars what would come to her the next day. She would have to resort to a more basic option, by living in the moment; experiencing. The idea scared the hell out of her and excited her all at the same time.

The ground rumbled underneath her, and Katerina quickly snapped from her planning as worry slowly seeped into her. But it was when she searched the surroundings did she find a massive man, of cream and brown, Tembovu. He was ever glorious in the light of day, all rippling muscle, regality, and power. She had almost decided not to bother him, the recent events still to fresh, to raw, but it was when anger filled his words did she appear. Another joined as Katerina stood near the caramel mare. Katerina watching with disappointment as the mare quite literally fell apart underneath the harshes of their King. Katerina had no right to do so, but for the first time she looked at him, she casted a glare, that was no way to handle things. Indeed, it was fearful, but that was not how she ruled her kingdom. This wasn't hers though, so all she could do was show him her disappointment. She offered no explanation, her attendance here was enough for at the moment.

"Talk."
I need another story, one not of heartbreak
image credits

RE: I can explain... - Tembovu - 01-03-2016

Tembovu
It did not take long for the first offender to appear. A woman, slight and slender, bowed in apology, in submission. Though the Elephant was growing more accustomed to such displays of deference, it did not make him any more used to it. Though he watches, eyes growing sad at the cracking voice and fearful, doe-like gaze of the slender mare. She is golden, with a blanket of snow upon her back, and her face is as delicate as his Mara’s had been. But it is scarred and meek, worn down by demons, time, or both.

Blowing out a soft breath, he marginally softens his face and lowers his head from it’s towering height. Ears remain tilted forward, catching the quiet and timid words of the mare he had rarely seen in the Edge. He recalled her leading a winged woman back from the Threshold (one who was also not present at his meeting), and at the both Ophelia’s and Mauja’s meetings. So he knew she had both ties and dedication to the Edge. His eyes, once hard cobalt, soften to ocean-blue storms.

“Jahzara,” he replies, his low voice no longer booming with anger, “How did you not know of this meeting, when you knew of the previous ones?” The words were not accusatory, merely questioning. He needed an explanation before he decided if there would be repercussions. Ignorance, while not a direct disrespect to the King, was still a mistake that could ultimately be detrimental to the herd. Though should it be punished? He awaited her response.

As he waited, the celestial mare of his evening reveries appeared. But, in contrast to the fearful mare, she glared at him with a fierce disapproval. His brows raise, and is surprised to find himself roused at the defiance the silver mare flashed. While he would not allow outright dissent in the Edge, it was stimulating to have the mare, who had been so soft and silken in the starlight, stand firm and glaring under his great bearing.

"And you, Katerina? Did you, also, not know of the meeting?” His voice grew firmer, deeper in response to her defiance. He fell quiet, thick tail brushing against his hocks, as he awaited explanations.
Once more into the fray
credits | table by Neo

@Katerina @Jahzara

RE: I can explain... - Katerina - 01-10-2016

He did not settle, and Katerina was reminded that Tembovu was simply doing his job. Although she had seen him in a night of comfort and unrestrained words, she had not seen him when the powers of duties called upon the cream. Katerina still remembered that evening in vivid colors of greens, pinks, purples, and most of all; blue. Silvers still studied his face, the azure of his eyes matching the color she had memorized most that night. Somewhere inside she wished for something to cross his face, anything to show her that their time under the ethereal light hadn't been forgotten, hadn't been tried to forget. But once again, Katerina reminded herself, this was not Isisi, and her successor was probably on that.

She wanted to stay stern, untouched, but this was no place to show Tembovu who she was capable of being, of accomplishing. Not under the watch of another herd mate. No the diamond would not make her king look a fool. Her ears twitched at the lowness of his words, the challenge to her glare. Katerina did not crumple, but merely softened her eyes as she let silken words flow from onyx lips. "I was not aware, you are correct. I was traveling the outskirts of the edge, clearing my mind." She almost didn't add the last part, but for some reason, the silver did. She regretted it as soon as she said it, he did not deserve her anger sadness of days past. He was simply doing his job. So she looked at him then, silver lanterns(despite that she didn't want to soften too much) sorrowful, "I'm sorry." She whispered, her apology not necessarily pertaining to missing the meeting.

"Talk."
I need another story, something to get off my chest
image credits

RE: I can explain... - Whisper - 01-11-2016

Whisper

She had known there was a meeting, but she could not will herself to move and go to it. She owed it to Tembovu to answer when he called, he did after all save her. Her thinner than usual legs carried her very malnourished bulk to where he stood, calling. What season was it now? How much time had gone by? She had lost herself in the darkness of the woods, picking at just enough to survive. She had no will to continue, not at this point in time. So where had the draft Pegasus been for months? Sulking. She had drifted outside the boundary of the herd and the unthinkable had happened. It was so fast, so god damn fast. She was standing there, she had turned her back for a few mere seconds to take a drink of the cool liquid and then she was gone. Astra never really spoke, she never really had to. Her inquisitive nature and innocent eyes spoke for her, but she was screaming in pain. Screaming and crying and then silence.

The draft let her ungroomed wings drag the ground as her feet hit like lead weights on the earth. There he stood, in all his demanding glory and a small half hearted smile tried to tug at the corners of her mouth, but she couldn't muster the energy. Her tears lasted for weeks, they flowed without stopping but now- none could come. There were no more left. She had spent hours and hours flying and searching to no avail. Astra was gone. The only evidence she had even been there was the smallest amount of blood and a tuff of her mane which was woven into the thin drafts own mane now. She knew the great elephant would notice the change in her, the absence immediately. She couldn't stand him to ask out loud, as as she stopped away from all the strangers she did not know, only looking at him her mouth parted and the words fell dryly from her lips. "She is gone." the tones were cold, emotionless and dead, just as her heart.

She closed her eyes and tried to remember the smell, but it was lost among the others. The last time she stood before the great man the filly had played with an owl and butterfly. A few weeks afterwards, she was taken. By what and who, she did not know. She assumed wolves? The worst part was not knowing where she was, or if she had given up too soon. A part of her wished she could have seen a body, to know that her young filly was indeed safe in death and not being tortured. She opened her optics, the thought was too much to handle as she swayed her dial slowly trying to erase the thoughts. The motion made her light headed, stumbling she quickly righted herself and stood there before him. Her plan? She had none. She didn't even want to live but not knowing for sure her daughters demise, if she may indeed be alive - kept her from free falling to the earth from 200 feet up.

"<3"

RE: I can explain... - Jahzara - 01-12-2016

Jahzara

As the stallion's physical language softened, his body language softening from the intimidating stance he held only moments ago, Jahzara gathered the courage to look up. Another mare had joined them, though Jahzara couldn't place her in her memories. The silver mare was gorgeous and confident, at least in the eyes of the golden girl, and surely she would have remembered meeting her before. Unintentionally, Jahzara found herself staring at mare in frustrated silence, desperately grasping at non-existant straws in her mind for any sort of recognition. Nothing, and it bothered her that she couldn't recognize those of her herd. Oh how it bothered her, when it used to be her job to know every member of their family for the sake of their very protection. The fact that this stranger was standing next to her was only a reminder that she had failed, she had let them down...

'Jahzara...'

The gentle calling of her name, unexpected from the earlier tones that had called her to meeting of explanations, jerked her attention back towards the Elephant King. Her crown was still lowered submissively, though her teary gaze peered up at Tembovu with embarrassment. The curves of her ears fell back to hide in the flaxen tresses, though it was not a sign of anger, rather an expression of her uncertainty and shame. "I..." Jahzara started, her voice cracking while her eyes dropped to the ground once again. 'Tell him, miss Jahzara. He needs to know, they all do.' The often unheard voice of Archibald, the tropical bird that had served as her typically ignored adviser, whispered in the back of her mind as a third mare parted through the shadows to speak. A towering giant of a mare, Jahzara glanced over at her with despair in her eyes. She couldn't even remember if she had seen her in the past either. When the cold words of the pegasus mare dropped out of her mouth like dead weight, Jahzara's heart sank with them for reasons she would never know. Obviously, the golden girl had no idea who was gone, or if she knew them, or what happened to them...But it didn't help her fragile state of mind any more...Someone was lost, someone that she should have known if they were a part of the World's Edge family.

"I am sorry." It was all she could offer to the large mare before turning her head towards Tembovu once again. Standing there, she felt as though as spotlight was on her, questioning her motives and preparing to sneer at her pathetic excuse as to why she had been useless to the needs of the herd, of her family. "It...I...It's hard to explain...I see things, things that others can't see...Hear what others can't hear...Since I was a child...And one of them is bad. He's bad. He's very bad. He's mean and I don't like him. And everything was changing. And everything was different and everyone was gone and I didn't know and he took me...He took me away and I didn't know how to get back..." The words fell out of her mouth in a barely sensible child-like ramble, trying to explain what had happened to her in the only way that she knew how while tears reformed in her eyes from the memory of the feeling of being lost in her own mind. Every now and then she sniffled, rushing to say everything before she broke down again, trying to choke back the terror she felt for letting not only Tembovu know her secrets, but also two complete strangers. Jahzara's eyes shut tight, blocking out the world as she admitted her secrets to them all. The only other soul that she had ever told about Charles, the 'bad one', had been Elsa. And oh how she wished Elsa was here, she wished for so many to be there to help her in ways that she didn't even know she needed. "I wanted to come back! He wouldn't let me and I tried and he said no and I couldn't see and it was dark and quiet and he kept me until he thought I'd be ready to come back. But everything is different again. Everyone is different and everything keeps changing and I don't know what to do or whats happened or what I missed or how to fix it and I'm sorry. I'm sorry! I wanted to come back...I wanted to. I'm sorry."

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

RE: I can explain... - Tembovu - 01-12-2016

Tembovu
He had called this meeting to hear explanations, excuses, from those who had not attended his meeting. It had been a meeting of importance, a shift of power, the visitation of their Goddess. The expectation of herd members was to attend such meetings, to be apart of the Edge’s family and at least recognize the faces. To show up was an insult to all. So he had called those absent forward, seeking to hear reasons and pass judgment.

Instead, he received pain, loss, and humiliation.

It was lesson the King both needed to learn and would not soon forget. Great power comes with great responsibility, it is a known adage. However, what is lesser know, the King was finding, was weight of that responsibility. The giant could shoulder great burdens— he had since the age of five, when he had buried burned bodies. But this weight was different; it was the burdens of others.

He let his face fall blank, standing as an impassive monarch before the silken explanations of Katerina. Only his ever-expressive eyes gave away his approval at her explanation, softening and warming as she apologized. He, too, owed an apology to the celestial mare— but that intimate conversation for another, more private place.

He stayed silent, awaiting answers to his question of Jahzara, but another came forward. A draft mare with drooping wings, a dull coat, and so emaciated that the King nearly stepped forward to support her stumbling form. Though his forward lean was frozen as recognition of the large, pegasus mare sliced painfully through him, just as her words fell coldly, dully, to the air. His head, unconsciously, reached out towards the mare who stood so far away from her fellow herdmates. She stood apart, as a stranger, and it struck a painful cord in his great heart. “Whisper, no… I am sorry,” his low voice was even quieter now, as he can feel the darkness that is haunting Whisper’s eyes. He understands the loss of a foal.. and Astra had been so bright and full of life. Dark blue gaze caught a tuft of white in her dark mane, and his lips pursed amid his passive face. “How long ago? I can help you look for Astra,” The question asked held another beneath the words: Why haven’t you her asked me to help find your daughter? But, again, that was a private question for another, more private time.

But then, in the meeting of formalities, the golden mare of quiet submission puts forth a an explanation a confession that was so riddled with personal and private information that it made his decorum seem absolutely absurd. Silently, as she speaks, he sheds the trappings of his new throne. The refreshing honesty reminds him of the decision he had made during the meeting. He was a ruler to walk beside those in the Edge, not stand before this in indicating glory. And what was he doing now? Just that. She he waiting until Jazhara had finished, thinking long and hard before speaking, “Jahzara, I am more than happy to help you fight Charles, if ever he threatens to take you again.”

“There will be no punishment for your meeting absences, I both hear and respect your reasons for not attending,” his rumble was firm as he continued, “However, I expect your presence in the future. The herd offers you not only protection,” eyes sweep to the wandering Katerina, “but also support— something you both could, and should, take advantage of,” his blue eyes swept to Jazhara and Whisper. “Absence in the future will result in finding all the scat in the Edge and throwing it over the cliffs,” the smallest of smiles turned up the corners of his lips as he made the promise of future absentee’s punishment. Despite the heartache surrounding him, he could not help the dark amusement at his tried-and-true punishment of old recruits in Dorobo.

With a nod, he dismisses them— though he stays standing, wondering if any should seek a private council with him.
Once more into the fray
credits | table by Neo

@Odette @Rowtag @Ruairi @Sariel Unfortunately, you all will be outcasted due to failure to attend this and the herd meeting :[
You are welcome to post at the borders to rejoin! :]

Any of you are welcome to make a new thread to talk to him one-on-one! I just want to wrap this meeting thread up :)