HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Tangled Tricks - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Tangled Tricks (/showthread.php?tid=24196)

Tangled Tricks - Larue - 07-12-2016

Larue
She had seen the many tines of antlers adorning some of the companions at the Basin’s meetings. They (the cerndyrs, her pop had told her) were so different than Beans. Beans was fluffy, bright, full of squawks and beak-nips. These deer… they were quiet, reserved, stately. They hung by their bondeds or at the edges of the gathered Basiners. In short, they were perfect victims for her pranks. And those antlers—they were ripe for taking advantage of.

So she wandered (once again) from the Basin. Her legs, growing longer with the change of seasons (though she would not admit it, she was still a foal), carried her farther south and east than she had ever been. Strange, narrow, hollow trees rose around her and mists flowed in and out of the narrow paths she travelled. Curiosity piqued: where was she? What was this place?

It was full of surprises and she loved it.

She drew closer to the hollow, leave poles, finding glittering strands wrapping around them—coming from worms? Small, white worms that wiggled and pooped out glittering thread? She snorted in a combination of disgust and delight, discovering that this poop was strong.

And an idea hatched in her mind, still full of those prim and proper antlers. They could be caught, snarled, delightfully so by this thread. So she plotted and gathered; it was remarkable how focused and persistent the young filly could be when carrying out some prank. The lemony filly took a deep breath (because these were worms, ew) before taking the silkworms into her mouth. Hopping on gangly foal legs to wrap their strands around the poles, she diligently repeated the task over and over and over— until a nearly transparent net was strung between the narrow path between the bamboo shoots, right at antler-level.

And then she hunkered down in the intermittent mist, in the shadow of a bamboo cluster. Her foal-fuzz tail twitching in anticipation as she waited. To her young mind, a cerndyr was bound to com around soon.

@Raeden
Larue has made a tangled web of silkworm's silk strung between bamboo shoots where the maze narrows. It's set up so that the more Tin pulls against the strands, the more they'll tighten around his antlers :D
(OKAY I KNOW THIS IS FARFETCHED, but Larue insisted so here is <3 )

RE: Tangled Tricks - smitty - 09-11-2016

unarchived per request

RE: Tangled Tricks - Raeden - 09-19-2016

RAEDEN
but what is love without lust

The pair had traveled a long way from home. They were in parts of Helovia that Raeden had never seen with her own eyes. Teal orbs brightened and flickered with the light from the sun above. Taking in each piece of new land in as they ventured across the new territory. It felt as if they were in a new world being in this strange once death filled land. The trees and brush dance and wind into path that twist and turn . Silver flecks picked up on pats that lead to dead ends, and their world felt like it was closing in on them. Each step brought them farther, and farther into the unknown world of the winding labyrinth. It was an unforgiving place filled with traps that would lead them to think they were on the right path. Twisting and cutting the reality set in that they might be lost in this world. Shaking her cream tresses the confused mare pressed on, going deeper and deeper into the unforgiving world.

Trickery filled the air around them, and she felt paranoid; like something was watching them. Flicking her heavy tail she nodded her head to the deer creature that was her loving companion. He had ventured out away from her a bit, but the deer knew exactly what she wanted. The pair blended into the brush around them. Two bodies became one with the earth and they moved through the narrowing maze. Invisible to anyone surrounding them, watching them, or trying to trap them. Quietly the pair fell into a single file line. Her soft muzzle touched the side of the deer's flank. Tin looked behind him for a moment to smile at his companion, and his only love. In a split second the deer felt something tighten around his towering antlers. Webbing caught the large spikes and intertwined between them. Then out of thin air the pair reappeared, and the buck stood distressed, but not panicked. Teal eyes widened and her golden body broke the brush out of the way. Cream hooves trampled over the fallen cage like greenery. Reaching out to touch the substance that her companion was trapped in her maw felt the small fibers of silk. Pinning her ear she looked to the brush around them. This was not a natural occurrence, someone was trying to trap something. "I will get you out Tin, just stay still...." Her worried head shook as teal eyes narrow to the brush around them."Come out, come out where ever you are...I know your watching, and if you hear me you better step out. Do not make me come find you. Because if I do have to go looking for you; I will skin your hide from your body, and drape it over the bamboo to dry in the sun. And I WILL Find you...." Her words cut through the air with a sharp razor. "SO I suggest you get out here and get my companion of of your little trap."

"talk talk talk"

table code by tamme

@Larue

RE: Tangled Tricks - Larue - 09-26-2016

Larue
Lemony ears swivel around, trying to listen through the mists. Though it his her small body, it also dampened the sounds around her. She started to snort in annoyance—though quickly smothered the sound as she reminded herself that she was being stealthy, just like mother. Mother who, though being the incredibly cool rank of Sneak, had yet to actually be

There—had she heard something? Bright teal eyes peer from her hunkered hiding place amid a bamboo stand—thought she saw nothing. Only a small distortion of the rods; not enough to pull the hyper-focused filly’s attention away from her surreptitiously scintillating trap. And then a creature suddenly appeared, his camouflaging magic melting away, as his impressively long and beautifully sparkling antlers were joyfully snared in her trap!

She gleefully jumped to her feet—though her merry movements froze at the pale gold mare’s sudden ear pin and sharp, angry words that easily sliced through the mists. ”I will skin your hide from your body and trap it over the bamboo to dry in the sun.” Such words had Larue’s candied, rosen hooves paused mid-step. Her jewel-like, young gaze was wide in apprehension.

She had angered a few in her traps before, but most were a shocked anger that dissolved into annoyed amusement. This mare, however, with her angry threats and stinging words was by far the most irate victim she had come across, yet. The young filly looked back, over her shoulder, wondering if she could wiggle her way out of the thick stand of bamboo trees…

But the gilded, opal-horned woman said she would find her. And there was something about ambiguous threats that always seemed to ring true with youth, regardless of any truth in them. So the lemon candy girl took a deep breath, her slender rips moving beneath the strangely magicked hide, before boldly stepping out of the mist and up to the deer caught in her trap. Only a nervous ticking of her foal-fuzz tail and occasional dart of her bright teal gaze to the woman’s horn belied her nerves.

“You said you’d skin me,” her voice was full of false bravado, “So use your horn to cut him free, instead.” Her pert reply rang out, even as she stepped closer to inspect just how tangled the deer’s antlers were in her net.

@Raeden