HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] a map on red parchment - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] a map on red parchment (/showthread.php?tid=25147)

a map on red parchment - Rikyn - 09-07-2016

Their children will learn to hope for a Caesar.
The red forest. 

I haven’t come here in a while, though I’d once come and gone often, remembering the battle of the Bear, and relishing the moment in which I’d learned a God could die by the hands of those they ruled.  It rang with more brilliance when I thought of the Spark, and how pleased he’d been with me for having come to his aid. 

Of course, the excitement had faded as further rifts revealed foreign realms, and more Gods of that far away, horrible land fell beneath Helovian hooves.  It had continued to wear away until all I was left with were stale memories, the smell and sound of the battle no longer rising to mind with the images as they once had.  Now, as I walk along the edge of the red pool, its ruby lining twinkling in the early, golden light tinted rouge by the sun piercing through the tender crimson flesh of the leaves above, I don’t even look over to see if the bones are still there or not, as I might have a seasons ago.

Let him be dead in peace.  It was embarrassing enough he’d died, being a God and all.  He didn’t need me probing into his afterlife.

"Hey," I say to the forest around me, ears moving to catch the sound of Duir’s approach from wherever he is (though I don’t know where exactly, it is nearby; it always is).  He arrives to the right, trying his best to startle me, to little avail.  Without even looking over at him, of the thought that giving him a single glance would be a sort of approval of the behavior, I halt, and continue on. "I think we should wait here for a while."

He looks at me with a bit of confusion, wondering why in the world we’d want to hang out at some creepy waterfall.  He’d like to go back to the meadow overlooking the sea, or maybe even the Threshold, with all the giant trees, and was hoping to make more progress in either of those directions.

"I don’t know why, okay?" I elaborate with some frustrated flair, kicking a loose stone into the pool, "seems like a good place to be, is all."

Where else am I supposed to go, anyway?

@Rexanna

RE: a map on red parchment - Rexanna - 09-10-2016

rexanna
they said you were the crooked kind —
Everything was the color of blood, the color of him, and it always turned her mood sour.

Marembo remembered this place, he remembered the pain of which caused her early labor. He remembered the argument, the frustration and heartbreak that all seemed to coincide into a grand adventure of suffering. Rexanna had tried to forget about him, and had managed to block out a majority of the pain that her heart continued to feel. But she hadn’t blocked out the questions that haunted her mind – the Blood Prince was here and was even able to find love despite the horrible things he had done.

What was karma even good for anymore?

It was mindless wandering that brought the mare back to this place, the one land that had started it all. Marembo sat along her spine, holding onto her mane in the hopes of doing everything in his tiny power to console the Thief, but she wasn’t able to be calmed. Her brows furrowed, oceanic eyes seeing but unseeing all the same. “It’s just stupid.” She admitted, aloud. It came out rather harsh, a brash sound against the normal chimes of her voice. “He comes here after me, and ends up with a happy ever after?” The Thief continued to muse, her steps bringing her further into the area draped in scarlet. “Where’s the justice? Where’s my justice?” The last of her words came out closer to a whisper, a broken sound among her previous anger.

She began to feel defeated again, after so long of trying to make things work. It wasn’t until the Thief was nearly passed Rikyn that she noticed his presence. Her gaze slightly unflooding, allowing her to visit her location and whereabouts. Sharply, she turned her head to apologize before she recognized the ebony man, made of gold and onyx. “Oh, Rikyn! Hello again.” She seemed to stutter, doing her best to get her mind clear. There still wasn’t a smile on her face as she surveyed him, the lines in her face dark and exhausted against her previous cheerful encounter with the stallion and his companion.

"Talk."
— that you’d never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Rikyn <33 apologies for her grumpy mood. xD

RE: a map on red parchment - Rikyn - 09-13-2016

An odd, loud blurt escapes Duir’s mouth almost in time with a familiar female greeting.

The combination of noises sends my reeling back down to reality from where I’d been wandering around the trails of my head, covering the muttering that had preceded her appearance, but also disguising her arrival at all. A startled expression meets her stammered greeting, golden eyes luminous and wide, and my mind blooms with the sound of mentally shared laughter that Duir had, finally, managed to make me jump a little… even if he had required help.

An unmistakable beacon of joy, he is immediately alongside Rexanna, his dark, damp nose reaching up in friendly greeting of Marembo, chocolate ears twitching delightedly. His antlers, now visible, two inch stubs with one, miniscule and curved prong, still have rounded tips, but are none-the-less objects of pride for the young buck, and he also no longer wears his spots. Still, he is still undeniably the same idiot fawn that the polecat met months ago, as evidenced by his sheer delight to have run into his first friend again.

"Rexanna," I manage with a smile, despite the thudding of my heart (not entirely attributed to being startled), turning away from the red water to look fully at her. Distracted, or perhaps worn down by the horrible summer we’ve had, she looks less cheerful than she had when we’d met last. She’s still just as pretty as last time, however - maybe even more so - with the crimson light making her golden facets twinkle like they’re embellished with rubies, and her aureate skin kissed crimson like the last dying rays of light reaching up over the horizon. Mostly, however, I’m interested in the way the strange luminance of the red forest makes her curves all the more dramatic, the shadows colored blood black and numerous to extenuate exactly where she’s supple. Like last time, no, definitely more so than last time, it’s hard to think. This time, there is only her, not a tiny new thing and his dancing, cherubic emotions distracting me.

Trying my best to not leer at her like an extremely frustrated virgin (which I am, let’s not forget), I attempt to be a gentlemen, and take note of her face, rather than her legs. Despite the latter being a great temptation, there is a certain amount of emotional turmoil happening in the depths of her blue eyes that manages to make it through my normally dense skull.

"Is something wrong?" It feels dumb now that I’ve asked it. It’s too late, though, the syllables projected. My ears splay ever so slightly in embarrassment at myself, especially because the question probably isn’t that earnest… I was just looking at her, after all, and not just as a measure of physical ability.

@Rexanna

RE: a map on red parchment - Rexanna - 09-15-2016

rexanna
they said you were the crooked kind —
The Thief heard the bleat that came from Duir as she expressed her greeting, her eyes finding the cerndyr and perhaps glinting a little bit on the edges of a smile as Marembo squeaked his own excitement. It flooded through the bond, beginning to wash and nip away the edges of the darkness her mind had found itself in. The creature immediately spun to her side, and she lowered her head to the cerndyr, now having grown a little bit since the last encounter – with the budding of horns as well! Marembo, as Rexanna lowered her head, gripped onto her mane as he was lowered and became nearly eye level with Duir. Happiness beaming from his tiny blue gaze.

Rikyn’s voice met her ears easily as well, offering her a smile that she had finally begun to return. It twitched at the corner of her lips as she raised her head back to the ebony and gold stallion, her eyes seeking his own gilded gaze. He looked about the same to her, from her last encounter. But despite being a Thief, she wasn’t great at reading people. All she could do was keep her steady gaze on him, perhaps glancing around his figure as he also surveyed hers. He was muscular, taller than she, and she always loved that. She had a thing for taller men – after all, all the others she had slept with had been taller than her at least a little bit.

She shifted her weight, the golden chains that trailed across her back moved with the movement, glinting and scattering hues of fire across her coat as she heard him ask her if she was alright. She nodded gently before replacing the slight twitch of a smile on her lips into a bigger, brighter one. She might not really be okay, but she didn’t need to dwell on it further. Besides, what would she say to him? She’d tell him that this place reminded her of Cal, and all the horrors the bloody Pegasus had done to her – even in this very spot! She’d tell him about how she gave birth to twins in the clearing not far from the water’s edge, and how she thought she wasn’t going to live through it until after Alysanne came to her rescue. But it wouldn’t do any good.

So instead she let her gaze grow soft on him, reaching her muzzle out to share breaths or even gently brush the velveteens against one another in an official greeting before continuing. “It’s been a long Tallsun. I’m glad to have the cool nights of Orangemoon again.” She admitted, sparing a slight second for a chime of a laugh. It wasn’t a lie, but it was at least and easy answer. “I do find it funny, though, how you said I could find you near water.” She began, motioning her head to the river that trailed like blood nearby them both. “And that's exactly how I found you.” She offered him a brighter smile.

"Talk."
— that you’d never have no worth,
but you were always gold to me.
image credits

@Rikyn <3

RE: a map on red parchment - Rikyn - 09-22-2016

Some women love talking about their problems, while others kept them inside carefully locked boxes. My mother’s box had been comprised of impenetrable metal, and sealed with arcane magic, a rare sort of lady; for every secretive, closed woman, there were probably a dozen who flitted about like butterflies, their hopes, dreams, and secrets spilling forth like water from the red falls nearby. I don’t suppose they can help it, being emotional beings and all, as Vaelenne had explained to me all those summers ago. Men were made to be warriors, rigid as steel and law, while women, like Rexanna, Xynia, Aelin…

They were the color, as delicate as a song. They were bending and edgeless, supple as their curves.

Our muzzles brush in a gentle exchange of breath, certain locations tightening as they always do when I do this with mares; doing my best to disguise it as I pull away, I’m glad her words eclipse the awkward silence left in the gesture’s wake.

An illusory, mental click of her locks closing shut sounds behind her easy excuse for the heaviness in her face. I almost press her, finding that I’m intrigued by the mysterious gold mare as much as I’m off-put by her secrecy (never mind that I’m the same), but refrain, instead letting an easy smile broach my lips. I don’t have to know in order to enjoy her company, or to find what she says next funny, a rich chuckle sounding through the air.

"I don’t lie very often," I lie. An impish smile lines my features, my golden eyes devilishly glimmering. "Especially not to such a pretty woman."

Looking away awkwardly, the whole line not playing out as I’d imagined it. Thinking quickly, not wanting to come across as helplessly naïve and inexperienced (though I am), I flash my token smile again.

Duir exhales in exasperation, rolling his eyes at Remy for comedic effect.

"So, what’s new in the life of Rexanna?" I adeptly question, steering away from the sexual context, delving into who she is… and some of that other hopelessly feminine shit girls like to talk about, "I’m afraid I haven’t done much since we last saw each other."

Well, besides piss Deimos off, and probably culling any chance I had of being able to come back to the Basin at will. I wasn’t about to tell her all that though. It was embarrassing, and it made my insides feel like someone was punching them, to boot.