HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[P] It's In My Head - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [P] It's In My Head (/showthread.php?tid=25341)

It's In My Head - Roux - 10-03-2016

Hand on my heart allegiance to the night
Every star waits for the darkness to shine

I shivered, a strange idea considering I had spent the better part of my life locked away in winter's frozen grip, as I slipped away from the shattering glass walls I now called home. As a child this place had been nothing more than a prison, I a ivory crowned captive behind the glittering walls. Even now, a little less than five years later, I was just as captivated by the way the light shone off of the fractured glass. The Edge of the world was a beautiful place when the gentle glow of the moon's light, I could only imagine how breathtaking it would be to see in full color. Ivory topped skull shifted over my shoulder for a glance back at my new home before moon eyes drifted skyward to make sure the kite wasn't following me on this adventure.

Satisfied that I wasn't being followed on my short trek to the Groves, I turned back around and focused on the path at hand, monochromatic motion picture played out before me as I carefully judged each step. My mind drifted away to all of the happenings in the last year that I had decided to remove myself from the icy cavern I had nestled into in the Steppe. Most of my family had been discovered as dead, I had thought my twin to be deceased as well, only to find out from the spotted ghost of my sire's friend that he was alive and well just living in the Edge far away from the desert isle of the Throat where I had last seen him. Dark tipped ears flicked back into the thick, tangled ebony mane as I wondered what my brother had thought happened to me in my disappearance. Although, me playing a twisted game of hide and seek was nothing anyone close to me should be surprised by. When shit hit the fan, I found a cave.

Lost in my thoughts I didn't noticed the gnarled root of the swamp bred trees, a snow dipped limb caught the irregular root. "Shit!" The curse rushed between ink stained lips as I stumbled, knees hitting the ground harder than I expected, the mud squishing up around kneecaps as a now broken twig dug into the flesh. Mumbling profanities under my breath I slowly pulled myself back on all fours and pushed thoughts of my family to the back of my shadowed mind so I could focus instead on the path so I wouldn't find myself on my knees for Mother Earth again. Shaking my skull, I grew irritated as I felt warmth trickle from my knee down my leg. What an unforgiving bitch Mother Earth was.

Clenching my jaw shut tight I sent out a couple mental curses to whoever might be listening near by, and I set my eyes on the moon reflecting off of the body of water that many Helovian couples consummated their feelings, no matter how fleet, for each other by. Lucky for me, judging by the sound of crickets rather than pleasure filled moans, I was alone on this night. A cringe of pain, as the water entered the now stinging wound on my knee, cross my bloodied features as I strode out into the moon soaked water. Sighing I closed my eyes, waiting for the sting to ebb and the wound to be washed clean until I could get a better look at the damage I had done.

"Speech."

@Glasglow
whatadork
image credits :: falony

RE: It's In My Head - Glasgow - 10-03-2016

I feel lucky, with the worst luck.
The Festival had the Glazier thinking. And it was in this thinking that she began to lose herself as she walked through the boundaries of Helovia. Her mind returned her to the time where life had been good, where she was consistently out and about – spreading the word of the gods and showing everyone what good could come for their lives had they just decided to live by their word. If only she had a chance to show them what happened when you rebelled. It was all in the past, now, and all she had left were the scars. And she constantly was left wondering if the gods in this land could do just as much damage as the gods she grew up loving.

She decided she wasn’t going to find out.

When she finally came-to, her pale blood tipped body hid in the shadows – her glassy gaze dancing around the moonlit trees around her. Had she been dreaming? Or was she dreaming now? It was about the time she usually woke to fulfill her duties to the Edge, but she wasn’t home and instead she found herself curled up against a tree trunk as a shadow crossed over her hiding spot. Her ears tipped forward as she stayed immensely silent, glass horns glinting briefly in the light as a sound hit her ears. They twitched, and she mulled over what she might have heard in the idea that it sounded like someone had stumbled or fallen – as if the curse emitted from the stranger’s lips added into that at all.

As the stranger moved on, Glasgow’s curiosity piqued. She moved from her spot, stretching out her legs as old joints cracked as she followed the silhouette. She only paused when he began to walk into the water, his body rigid in what the Glazier could only assume was a bit of pain. She lifted her scarred – Cheshire grin face to the man as she stepped into the moonlight behind him. “That sounded like a nasty fall.” She began, flicking a greyed tail. “Are you alright?” Glasgow questioned, tilting her head. Curiosity leaked through her words, unlike where most people would find the opportunity to joke, as she honestly wondered if the scarlet man was alright.

"Talk."
then I met you—
when i felt messed up
Glasgow
image | coding

@Roux <333

RE: It's In My Head - Roux - 10-03-2016

Hand on my heart allegiance to the night
Every star waits for the darkness to shine

A sigh slipped from charcoaled lips as the sting slowly began to ebb away, I was still cursing myself for having allowed myself to get so lost in thoughts that my surroundings had gone unnoticed. Bloodied ears remained pinned back into travel tangled tresses as I moped about in the moon soaked pool, I was so caught up in pouting that the mare who spoke up had gone nearly unnoticed. "This is why I bring Edison everywhere." I cursed myself for leaving the kite behind, napping happily on a branch in the borders of the Edge. Of course if there was ever a time that I needed him I could easily call him and he'd be here as quickly as his large wingspan could get him here.

My tarnished crown shifted upwards as her lyrics danced into my ear canals. "That sounded like a nasty fall." And there goes my dignity, any hopes of coming across as normal to this strange lady would be useless as she likely already assumed I was some kind of clumsy fool who couldn't even keep his legs under him. Snorting with irritation as myself I turned to face the moon bathed mare, relaxing slightly as nearly useless eyes settled upon the glittering tiara that pierced through her skull. "Are you alright?" Moon eyes drifted away from the mare and to where my bloodied knee would be, staining my ivory sock a crimson red if I hadn't been standing barrel deep in this pool.

Clearing my throat I looked back up to the mare, a crooked smile smacked across my features while I kicked myself for letting the strange lady see me at this weakened state. "It sounded worse than it was," I lied, I could tell from the blood that had poured from the wound in the short amount of time from where I had fallen to the body of water that this was a cut of a fair amount of deepness. Nothing I couldn't handle, but also nothing I was going to let this ghost know while I stood in the middle of a small body of water. "Thank you for your concern though Lady." I took a stride towards the pale lady, thankful for the rippling water that hid the slight lip that I held and fighting back the cringe from putting weight down on my knee. If she weren't here I would be stumbling around trying to find the kind of plant that I could pack it with until I got back to the Edge and could have one of the other medics look at it. But for now, I would have to grin and bear it until my company decided she was done with me.

"Roux, medic at the Edge of the World. Formerly of the Aurora Basin. Who do I have the pleasure of being in the company of tonight?" I offered another smile, stopping just far enough from the muddy banks that my knee was still submerged in the water. Hopefully she had children or a man to return home to and this meeting wouldn't last too long.

"Speech."

@Glasglow
whatadork
image credits :: falony

RE: It's In My Head - Glasgow - 10-12-2016

I feel lucky, with the worst luck.
It sounded worse than it was.

The Glazier let her milky gaze dance across the scarlet stranger. A small smile crept onto the corners of her scarred lips. He strode toward her and she stood strong, like a pillar on the bank of the water – his voice calling out for her across the water. “I hate to see anyone hurt.” She replied simply, flicking her greyed tail against her blood stained feet. She offered him a gentle smile. He introduced himself and she dipped her head in greeting, returning the smile she found from his lips. “Glasgow. Glazier of the World’s Edge. It's a pleasure to meet you Roux.” She grinned even brighter, a small laugh escaping her lips at the profound idea that they both hailed from the same place.

As she paused for a moment, she took a step toward him submerging her front hooves in the water. “Are you sure it was nothing? I can help if you’d like. Just tell me what to look for.” Her voice was soft, figuring that if he were a medic he knew of the herbs to help him get his leg in a better situation – though even Glasgow couldn’t see the injury, she didn’t want him to suffer for the chance of saving face. Her tail swished one more as she looked upon him expectantly, hoping that perhaps the stallion might let his guard down for a second to be able to allow the Glazier to help him. She turned her head slightly as she looked upon him, the moonlight from the sky enhancing the scars visible vertically across both her eyes as well as the macabre smile that had been etched into her skin.

"Talk."
then I met you—
when i felt messed up
Glasgow
image | coding

@Roux sorry its horrible :||||