HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] oh, the weather outside is frightful - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] oh, the weather outside is frightful (/showthread.php?tid=25691)

oh, the weather outside is frightful - Tiamat - 11-11-2016

for her,
the ocean was more
than a dream
“It’s too late to turn back now,” the ocean mare murmurs to her companion with the whisper of a smile, her voice lost quickly in the frigid gales that pull them to and fro. Earlier in the day, the sun had been shining brilliantly over the winter wonderland of Helovia, inspiring the blue Mender to set out from her mountain home and take advantage of the quiet beauty. It hadn’t been long after when both whale and unicorn found themselves ascending the steady climb towards the Heavenly Fields. While still undoubtedly cold, the weather had been pleasant then, pristine and peaceful—neither of them could have anticipated what her mother sky had in store for them.

Seemingly out of nowhere, the puffy white clouds thickened, churning and lowering ominously before releasing their fierce torrents. Flurries upon flurries of snowflakes fell from the heavens, each carried in a different direction by the icy winds that had begun to howl their mournful cry. By this time, the oceanic pair had already been more than halfway along the path to the precipice—to turn back would not have been the wisest choice, and Tiamat knew well enough from her time in her highland home that they should keep moving, or risk the onset of frostbite.

Now they have nearly reached the summit. Keeping her neck arched around the young Leviathan, Tiamat holds her companion close; while Nimue (with her natural blubber and affinity towards cold waters) is more suited to such weather, this is the first blizzard she has ever experienced in her fledgling life. The mare can feel the Leviathan quiver against her skin, with waves of anxiety and fear rolling between the connection that they share.

Cooing softly, Tiamat’s smile strengths when she feels the ground begin to level beneath her hooves, and although her vision has been reduced to a hazy white sheet of wind and snow, she knows that shelter is not far now. Shuffling on numb legs, the Mender guides them both to the side, where memory tells her there is a copse of trees that will do them good. She nearly runs into a trunk as it rises suddenly from the sheet of snow, but Tiamat can only laugh, knowing that the earth would not forsake them. “Come, my darling,” she noses Nimue ahead of her, ushering the young orca deeper into the woodland, where only white dust and the strongest winds can reach them.

notes; NIMUE REFERENCE
“Speech.”
tiamat
it was a place she needed.

@Glacia | image credits

RE: oh, the weather outside is frightful - Glacia - 11-15-2016

I had left early to come here. A favorite place of mine, since childhood. It looked quiet different in the winter than it did any other time of year, but somehow it still brought me peace of mind. It had been a lovely day, and I had spent it upon the summit, rummaging through the snow. Oh but then of course the weather just had to take a turn for the worst. As it would do. Sometimes I wondered why it had to throw such a tantrum and ruin gorgeous days like it did.

The wind had begun to pick up, and the snow had began falling heavily. Quickly I sought out shelter in the tree's nearby, Head down low and ears pinned back to prevent any wayward snow from falling in. I closed my eyes and settled down for the wait for it to be over.I could go wandering about, but that happened to be a dreadful idea if you wanted to get lost and freeze to death, or fall off the summit.

And so I remained that way for some time. My thoughts wandering from random places, thinking of the cold of my birth place, or where my father was at. I steered clear of Vidar though. But not of Kvasir. I had yet to see him. I wondered if he was safe, if he had found Rhoa. Was he in the dragons throat with his father? Is that why I hadn't seen hide nor hair of the boy?

My eyes lifted at the faint sound of a voice, and my eyes landed on an ocean mare, with a whale clutched to her chest. My head lifted quickly, and ears went forward as I whinnied at her. "Hello! Would you like to wait the blizzard out with me? We can help provide each other warmth." A smile lifted my features. I didn't know this mare, but man was it cold. I could use the company today.

"talk talk talk talk "
@Tiamat
Sorry this is crap

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

RE: oh, the weather outside is frightful - Tiamat - 11-25-2016

for her,
the ocean was more
than a dream
The winter winds are fierce, their howls echoing across every bare trunk around the oceanic pair, raising a mournful cry that whistles in the mare’s ears. She nearly misses the call of the stranger. Were it not for their position among the little woodland, the invitation would have been lost altogether, carried away by the violent gales. As it is, she is able to distinguish enough of the words to raise her eyes to glance around, long lashes fluttering against the icy chill of Frostfall. Fortunately the other mare is dark in color, making her relatively easy to spy between the random sheets of snow that manage to weave their way between the naked boughs.

Lifting her head from its bowed position, Tiamat answers the stranger, calling out loudly and hoping her voice is not lost to the winds. “That would be wonderful!” Embracing her young companion again, she ambles forward, each cloven hoof cutting neatly through the newly-fallen snow. Thankfully, there isn’t a lot of distance that separate the two unicorns, so it isn’t long before Tiamat is settling at the stranger’s side. Her satin skin shivers once as their body heat plays off one another in such proximity. “Thank you again—it certainly makes it easier to withstand weather like this when you’re not alone,” she laughs to herself, the white haze of her breath pluming around her nostrils before it is carried away.

Quickly focusing her attention on her young Leviathan, the Mender guides Nimue in between the two of them, so that she might feel as much of the heat as she can. The little whale presses close to her bonded’s side, quiet as she breathes with steady, white pants. Satisfied that her companion is comfortable enough, Tiamat brushes Nimue’s smooth head before lifting her eyes again to the spotted mare. Now that she has a chance to see her properly, recognition immediately sparks in her white eyes.

“We’ve met before, haven’t we?” Tiamat says with a tilt of her dainty head, peering up at the taller mare with a soft smile shadowing her lips. It takes a short moment for her thoughts to organize themselves enough for the right memories to click, but once they are found, she beams. “Yes! In the Threshold; there was a small group of us to greet a trio of…eccentric newcomers,” there is a nervous sort of laugh as she attempts to describe them with all the delicacy she can muster. Clearing her throat, she continues, “Glacia, isn’t it? It’s a pleasure to see you again.” Extending her whiskery muzzle forward, Tiamat breathes slow, happy to reignite a new acquaintance.

notes; NIMUE REFERENCE
“Speech.”
tiamat
it was a place she needed.

@Glacia | image credits