HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Breathe - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Breathe (/showthread.php?tid=26005)

Breathe - Eleanor - 12-24-2016

Eleanor and Miranda wandered through the forests, watching the stars above pass by. The little black dragon shook the glowing rock from the tree with curiosity, and she finally held it up against the black glittering sky. She cooed happily from between Ellie's silver horns as she made the connection that she didn't just have a glowing rock, she had a star. Miranda sent happy trills through their bond, her long, slender tail wrapping around one horn to anchor herself to her pale bond-mate.

The hybrid filly smiled happily in return, inhaling deeply to embrace the crisp, cool air. She would not be the child of her parents if she did not love the cold weather. Her white coat was thick but clean and her mane was just starting to fall over her neck. Strange eyes viewed the world with quiet wonder, one blue and one black, and she found herself on the border of a deep, misty woods.

Her hooves stopped moving forward, and she inhaled deeply, smelling the rich earth even despite the light dusting of snow that settled on the ground. The dark hair around her legs protected her against the frost, and honestly, she barely felt the chill so strong were her emotions. Eleanor wanted to move deeper, but border protection indicated that this was a place she shouldn't breach.

Little did she know, she was following in her mother's footsteps. When Ophelia had been a child, she had wandered to this very forest and was met by Deimos - who almost killed her.But her mother was secretive about her past, so Ellie was unaware of the dangers of the world, lurking in the vast, exciting spaces of Helovia.

She didn't know that wolves smiled and monsters purred.

"Where do you think this is, Miranda?" she asked softly, her voice much like Ophelia's but with an innocence and youth where Phi's was cold.

The dragon responded with a soft chirp and went back to her little glowing star. Ellie was left to gaze into the abyss on her own, mind wandering as she tilted her head to the side, curious.

"I was the blood inside your broken heart
I was the stone that you had held"

Coding by Tamme  | Art by impassioned-dreams

RE: Breathe - Glasgow - 12-24-2016

G L A S G O W

The Glazier always returned to her duties at night – gathering and disposing of the shards of glass that littered the earth on the Edge’s borders. The sharp pieces were always hard to spot in the moonlight, but Glasgow found comfort in the dark blanket that covered the pale mare, hiding her scars as it swallowed the night. She almost felt normal. It was within nights like these that she felt it was easier to avoid conversation with others, to stay quiet and continue without the possibility of distractions. She could also reminisce over her past life – of being someone that enjoyed talking and the simplicities of life before the gods turned their backs on her. She could think about all the things she thought she’d learn, of all the places she would have visited, of the position she’d have now.

But they were long gone, distant fairytales of other lands. And on this night, she simply mused quietly to herself as she carried a large piece of bark that had fallen off one of the trees, piling the little glinting pieces of glass on them and dragging them along as she went. The silence was beautiful to her, and of course she imagined that if there was silence, there wasn’t any immediate dangers. Though, to be honest, even if there were the Glazier probably wouldn’t care what happened to her. Of course, she always thought these ideas when nobody was around. When faced with possibilities, she shied away as usual.

That’s what happened when she heard the faint sound of someone talking.

She approached quietly and slowly, peering from beneath the dark depths of the many trees that shrouded the Edge’s borders, spying on whomever had uttered simple words into the silent night. Her glassy gaze was quick to spot the figure of the creature. Her body was pale, as was the Glazier’s, but there was something youthful about her appearance. And suddenly, she thought it best to stay hidden among the trees. Not wanting to approach on a dark night with mutilation scarring each part of her face and eyes. She’d rather not become some sort of horror story the child told her friends of the time she snuck out.

What are you doing out here so late?” She called out to the stranger – her voice raspy and low, full of a shivering cold as if Glasgow wanted to try and frighten the girl away. However, she still remained behind the trees, finding comfort in the shadows with their long stretched hands as she spoke to the girl.

"Talk."

what a strange illusion it is,
to suppose that beauty is goodness

image credits

@Eleanor couldn't resist :|

RE: Breathe - Roskuld - 12-30-2016

Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

Chico was screaming at me through our bond but I’d already seen her; she was small, but her pale coat stood out so starkly against the night’s darkness that she was basically a beacon for anything with two eyes stalking about the night.

Chico beat me there--well. Someone beat both of us there, which we hated instantly, even if the horse was part of our herd. The way the stranger skulked about in the shadows didn’t do much to dispel the awful ideas forming behind our eyes--like, goddamn, why the hell did she have to wander so far away from home, all the way up here, in the middle of the damn night? Someone wasn’t doing their job, patrolling an island for Pete’s sake.

Of Chico’s visible forms, only one of them was cuddly enough to approach a young girl without raising the alarm. (Not like I think she’s a punk on sight, but y’know, shit happens at night) He zpsnk!ed at the tree-line, emerging from the glass and the shade as a plucky little ball of floof, unafraid and earnest in moonlight, trundling straight for the girl and plopping down in her line of sight, gazing at her with liquid eyes.

It didn’t take me long to come after him, bursting onto the scene even as he had calmly approached; I had to catch up, being so far away on my patrol, but here I was now, panting slightly and casting a brow at the voice that had come from the trees.”How’d--how the hell you make it so far to the Edge by yourself?” I asked, my voice laced with wispy breath, my tone a little more urgent than it probably should have been. Also, there was thing thing called introductions and whatever but I was too thrown by her inexplicable presence and the need for her safety to form something that was both coherent and courteous.

"talk"

image credits

@Eleanor [CONCERNED BIG SISTER MODE ACTIVATED]