HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[P] Oh daughter of mine - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [P] Oh daughter of mine (/showthread.php?tid=26280)

Oh daughter of mine - Parelia - 01-26-2017

Parelia & Penna

Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired || Robert Frost
The fire lady smiled as the pair made their way to the Edge. They were both ready to call a place home again. Honey eyes shimmered excitedly as her pounded at the ground. Penna soared high above her just as thrilled as she was. The mare laughed and bucked up her heels while Penna flew down and playfully grabbed her mane. She laughed harder and shook her head to shoo the falcon off. He flew higher with a screech laughing in her mind. She chuckled and kicked up at him again. It was great to be back in Helovia, free of most fears and on the look out for her children.

The lady was sure Ilios would be in the Throat like always, but she had no idea about Violet, Caine, and Areli. Her mind choked on the last name. Her first daughter had turned up missing, which is why she had abandoned her other babies with their father. 'He better have taken good care of them.' Penna screeched in reply, 'I'll sharpen my talons.' She rolled her eyes but smiled anyway. She turned her attention to focus on the beautiful Birdsong day. It was slowly warming, and most of the snows had melted long ago.

'How about we stop for a little break?' In reply the falcon landed in her back careful to mind his talons. She slowed to an easy trot heading for the stream she knew was there. She couldn't remember the last time she had been here, but she still knew the lay of the land. Penna's heart soared to see his soul-mate so happy; it had been far to long. Her tail swishing the mare lowered her dainty face to the cool spring fed water.
Speech
Words;; 290
Tags/OOC;; @Areli

RE: Oh daughter of mine - Areli - 01-26-2017

Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

It was with a heavy heart that she left her homeland, so newly returned to her and so easily taken away. As she trudged along, Areli couldn’t help but feel lost: she was truly orphaned now, without a home and without either of her parents within her reach. Her brother was all she had, and she clung to the hope of making her home with him even after she had rejected Volterra’s offer of a place in the Throat. The scorched desert sands did not appeal to her; they chafed at her psyche in a way that she found entirely uncomfortable after her life lived in close proximity to bubbling streams and misty woods, but what else was she to do? Where else would she go? At her side, Bee howled mournfully, sharing in her mistress’ sorrow. Her home was wherever Areli chose to rest her head, and after the adventures that they had already shared together, the blow of losing the Falls did not wound her as deeply. However, the wolf keenly felt Areli’s grief as if it were her own, and so her wild wails echoed the sound that her mistress’ heart made.

Soon, they reached the midpoint of their journey, Bee’s low whine intensifying at the sight of the Thistle Meadow and the field of burrs that awaited her. Areli eyed her pup dully, silencing her with a look of such weariness for such a young face that the wolf ceased her whimpers and trod stoically through the brambles, only wincing occasionally when a stray burr pricked the tender pads of her paws. Thank you, the girl told her suddenly, unprompted as she picked her way after her companion. If nothing else, she would always have Bee and her steadfast loyalty. The thought made her feel a little better.

Halfway across the meadow, they startled a herd of deer that had been browsing amongst the new growth. Bee made to chase them as they bounded away, but the tug of Areli’s sadness gave her pause. She turned back and found the girl standing stock still, staring across the field. Just beyond where the deer had grazed, another head rose from the thistles. “…Mama?” Areli whispered, not trusting her eyes.

“MAMA!”

All at once she was shrieking and barreling across the meadow, moving so fast that she became a golden-brown blur skimming over the new green. Bee shot after her, barking incessantly. The girl skidded to a clumsy stop just before reaching her mother, then stumbled into her embrace, doing her best to lodge herself under a wing (though she was much too tall for that now) and bury her sobs in Parelia’s shoulder. For many moments, she was too overcome to do much beyond blubber and push herself as close to her mother as she would allow.

“Mama,” she murmured finally, voice choked with emotion, “I thought I’d lost you too.”

"speech"

OOC: Permission from Pare for slight PP c:
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Parelia

RE: Oh daughter of mine - Parelia - 01-27-2017

Parelia & Penna

Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired || Robert Frost

The sudden pounding of hooves startled the mare up from her drink. She tensed her magic at the ready, and Penna jumped into the air out of the way of her blue fire. The sound that caught her ears, and the young mare that caught her eyes sent the magic away. "Areli?" She wanted to race to her side, to snatch her up and NEVER let her go. She tried to move, tried to run to her side and embrace her, but fear held her back. Would she be angry with her?

Tears streamed down her cheeks as the lady raced to her a golden blur with a golden wolf at her side. "ARELI!!" She screamed her joy to the world in a form of a name. Her teal and cream wings shot open in welcome as the tears kept flowing. She tried to wiggle under her wings like she once did, but she suffered the pain of an awkwardly bent wing all the same. She tried to throw her neck over her daughter's, but she was to tall. So she leaned her head against the girls neck. She sobbed quietly over her daughter's return.

The stood in tear filled silence for a moment as her heart swelled and broke at the same time. It was strange being so happy her heart cracked a little. She pressed against her daughter breathing in her scent while sobbing and trying to catch her breath. It was crazy to think the last time she had laid eyes on her daughter she had only been a yearling, now she was three and fully grown. She was beautiful, far surpassing herself.

When her girl's choked voice touched her ears her heart twisted harder. "Oh Areli, I only left because I was looking for you. Sweetheart, I'll never abandon you again!" Her voice was thick equally emotional. She nuzzled her girl treasuring every second she was with her. "Where have you been? Are you alright?" She stepped reluctantly away honey eyes looking over ever inch; inspecting for any signs of injury or malnutrition. "It's been to long, look how big you've gotten!" She beamed teary eyed at her sweet golden dappled girl. "I have a great idea! I want you to come live in the World's Edge with me! Please say yes." Her eyes begged her to say yes. She needed her daughter to be with her at all times now. She finally had her back and she hated the thought of ever leaving her side again, but she could not go back to the Hidden Falls.
Speech
Words;; 430
Tags/OOC;; @Areli

RE: Oh daughter of mine - Areli - 02-03-2017

Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

It was funny how the world worked, taking handfuls of her life away in one moment and doling out impossible gifts in the next. Areli had nearly given up hope of finding Parelia after a search that had taken her through much of Helovia, yet here she was before her, as real as anything. In her mother’s embrace, the girl inhaled deeply, reveling in the familiar scent of dried grasses and Penna. “I don’t know what happened Mama! It was…it was right after you left the Falls…” Here, her voice dropped to a hasty mumble, for the memory brought back feelings she had not yet resolved, “…I was playing with Bee in the Threshold, and it was Orangemoon, and when we left, somehow it…wasn’t? Or at least it seemed like more time had passed than we’d known—I hadn’t meant to go—“ Her voice broke again and she buried her face in her mother’s warm, damp neck once more. 

“I looked for you too, Mama. I went south as soon as I knew something had gone wrong. I found Illy, but I don’t think he had seen you either, ‘cause he didn’t tell me…” Her voice trailed off, remembering. “And then,” she continued mournfully, “I thought you might have gone home, and so I went to the Falls, but it…oh Mama, it’s gone, it’s all gone!!” And the sobs returned again, with greater force this time so that she was compelled to stop speaking and could only cry. At her side, Bee nudged her gently and wagged her tail, looking up at Parelia with sad brown eyes.

When her mother suggested that they join her in the World’s Edge, Areli’s sobs softened into distraught hiccups. It wasn’t the Falls, but if it was where Parelia lived now…she shrugged unhappily. What choice did she have? Her childhood home no longer was, her father was missing, and her remaining family was scattered across the herdlands that were left. It would never go back to the way that it was.

“I just want to be with you, Mama,” she finally replied. “I don’t want to lose you again.”

"speech"

OOC: Permission from Pare for slight PP c:
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Parelia