HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] where our story begins [welcoming!] - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] where our story begins [welcoming!] (/showthread.php?tid=26418)

where our story begins [welcoming!] - Tiamat - 02-05-2017

no dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love
The journey from the Threshold to the Aurora Basin takes a little bit longer than usual. Tiamat is aware of the long journey that Qeren had taken before she even came upon Helovia, and so she sets an easy pace for them, not wanting to put the taller mare in any unnecessary discomfort. All the same, she cannot discredit her eagerness to return to her mountain home. So when the familiar peaks come into view, she lifts her head, and gestures with enthusiasm. “It’s just up there,” she gives her company an encouraging smile, reassuring both of them that it’s only a few miles that separate them from the end of their travels.

Picking her way carefully over the rocks, she guides Qeren through the familiar trails. The final distance passes by quickly for the ocean mare, and before she knows it, her beloved valley is opening up below them. “Here it is! This is home,” she stops for a short moment to bask in the beauty of the view, and takes a deep breath of the fresh highland air. Grinning silently to Qeren, she then descends in her—their—home, her cloven toes brushing softly through the spring grass.

“And before I forget—” suddenly the Mender halts again, arching her neck in order to sift through the herbs and seaweed braided into her hair; grasping a sprig of rose-hips in her lips, she pulls it free and offers the red oblong-shaped berries to Qeren, “—here, take these; they will help ease your aching feet.” She smiles around the sprig, knowing the pain of a worn foot. The ruby herb should help strengthen and restore her hooves to their original health. “I’m a healer, by the way. If I haven’t said that before,” Tiamat adds quickly, laughing lightly between them. That way Qeren will know that Tiamat knows what she’s talking about, and wants to help.

notes; Everyone come welcome @Qeren !!<3
“Speech.”

art by Blu ♥

RE: where our story begins [welcoming!] - Qeren - 02-08-2017

Qeren really had neglected to pay attention to just how run down she was feeling with the long journey she had taken. The one that had lead her to the mouth of Helovia. Of course she had noticed some aches - but being so focused on keeping moving. Well. The depth of the exhaustion hadn't been really realized by her.

Keep moving. That was all she had told herself as the endless wandering pushed her forward. Forcing herself further and further away from all she had known. Anyone she found familiar. Not that she left much behind... The bastard daughter of a merchant lord didn't get much respect. Apparently enough mind to nearly find herself at the end of an assassins blade. Enough her mother had...

Now at the prospect of a place to rest... stay. Even if for only a short while. Well. It felt good yes. But Qeren came to realize the depth of exhaustion. The ache radiated through her. Naturally the mare did her best to hide the physical exhaustion. Ever weary - how was the mare to know if it was truly a safe place. Though Tiamat had seemed genuine, after one had nearly been killed by assassins. Well. Pessimism seemed to have an anchor.

Deeper into Helovia they had walked. Qeren was relieved at the pace Tiamat had chosen to set for them. It was attainable. The taller mare had managed a smile at the prospect of the journey ending.

Yet she hadn't expected the land she beheld as she peered down the mountain path. The valley was breathtaking. A far cry from the kind of place she had lived most her young life. "It's beautiful” - the words had a touch of wonder as she stood looking down.

There was another moment of hesitation, before she reached out to take the rose hips, "thank you,” Qeren wasn't accustomed to the level of attention or apparent care for her well being. Not from most outside her mother, perhaps father. The dappled bay mare offered a slight smile after eating the rose hip... While usually she was happy with peace and quiet. It had been so long since she really had company that she could speak to. So she ventured to continue, "Have you lived here very long?

NOTE || sorry for the wait <3

"speech here" thought here

@Tiamat

RE: where our story begins [welcoming!] - Tiamat - 02-11-2017

but dreams of love
The whispered words of, it’s beautiful, bring a warm smile to the ocean mare’s expression. She couldn’t agree more with this simple, breathless statement. The corners of her eyes crinkle with the strength of her grin, and she follows Qeren’s gaze, looking out over the mountain valley that opens wide before them. “It is, isn’t it?” She answers rhetorically, her slender shoulders heaving in a long sigh that slips blissfully through her sapphire lips. It doesn’t matter how many times she comes and goes from these northern peaks—each time she returns, Tiamat never fails to be caught again in the terrain’s beauty.

The mare closes her eyes in a long blink, enjoying the familiarity of her home around her. A single ear slants downward when she feels her companion’s touch against her side, and the two lean into each other, both drinking in the comfort of the land that they will always know and cherish.

When Qeren accepts the sprig of rose-hips, Tiamat’s smile deepens, happy that the taller mare is apparently comfortable enough to accept her aid. “If you need anything else, please let me know,” the sea maiden assures her new herd mate with sincere earnestness, ever the healer and ever the mender of the world’s calamities. Satisfied that Qeren is well enough for now, she sinks pleasantly into the peace of the Basin. She doesn’t pressure for their conversation to continue, although she is pleased when Qeren voices a question without further encouragement, wondering about the blue mare’s time in the mountains.

Tiamat pauses shortly to ponder the time. “I first came to Helovia several years ago—almost five, I think,” she shakes her head, disbelief shadowing her smile. Has is really been that long? It seems impossible, but the months have slipped steadily away, leaving the Mender with a treasure trove of memories. “I had to leave briefly due to personal reasons, but I was eager to return as soon as I was able. In all the time that I’ve spent in Helovia, I’ve always lived in the Basin. I love this valley—it’s my home,” a breath of laughter breezes through her words, and her white eyes are cast around them with fondness.

She couldn’t imagine having to live anywhere else. Even as much as the ocean calls to every fiber of her being, and she adores her father so, the ocean is not home. Her lion tail brushes through the tall grasses, as if to stroke the earth beneath her feet. Quietly returning her attention to Qeren, Tiamat inquires of her: “Would you like to see the hot springs? They’re on the other side, just around the lake.” With a motion of her chin she gestures across the water’s glittering surface, where cascades fall gently from the rocky summits.

“Speech.”
art by Blu ♥
@Qeren

RE: where our story begins [welcoming!] - Qeren - 02-12-2017

In her young life there had not been many whom presented themselves truly as genuine. The desert city had focused on appearances - not on truth. A lie was so much more beautiful to them. Venom latched behind most words spoken in plotted selfish gain. Qeren never was good at the games that the people she'd been raised around played. Her mother never seemed to care to take part. She worked hard, honestly earned her way through her life. Her dams only fault seemed to have been falling in love with a stallion far to high above her station. And for him falling for her.

There still seemed to be a hint of guard left. No fully relaxed frame, tension still corded through her tired muscles. Yet that was ebbing the more she found herself in Tiamats company. The blue mare was a stranger. She knew little of her. Yet something about her just.. It felt honest. For as jaded as Qeren thought herself something in her felt like it was coming to peace and ease around Tiamat.

Standing near the other, the vixens miss matched orbs took in the inspiring view. Yes even her lips had pulled a hint of a smile. The aches and pains had not subsided as of yet. Though even such inconveniences could not dampen the exquisite view. Perhaps the apparent positive energy that seemed to exude from the blue was catching. Maybe it was the embers of hope being fanned as she looked at what could very come to be a place she called home in honesty.

Ears incline towards the other mare as she spoke. Five years. For Tiamat to be such as she was after five years in this place... Could it be so bad? She'd had the better part of her young life in the sands. And it had crafted her into what she was. She was a survivor. Perhaps more of a pessimist at times... Who questioned peoples intentions... Tiamat must have found something special here to be fashioned into the kind creature she seemed.

"You must really have love for the land to remain so long," A hint of curiosity entered her vocals as she continued with another question, well, it was nearly a question, "And those in it must not be at least completely repulsive for you to speak so passionately about it being home?" she made a face as she spoke of those from her home, "Where I was born - many would demand blood for an imagined slight."

Hot springs.... Qeren could not claim to have ever been to any herself. Aside from hearing of them... And the fact the water at home tended to be bath warm from the scorch of the sun. "You know what, that sounds lovely. I have to confess I have never actually been to actual hot springs... I've heard they are rather relaxing." There was another pause, hesitation for a breath, "thank you once again. Kindness isn't something I've commonly come across"

NOTE || merpaderp

"speech here" thought here

@Tiamat

RE: where our story begins [welcoming!] - Tiamat - 02-15-2017

but dreams of love
“I do,” the ocean mare croons in response to Qeren’s initial observation. Every word she had spoken before is true—beyond a doubt, these mountains are her home. If the brown mare can find what she has found here for herself, then it will be a joyous day indeed. Especially when her company continues, briefly explaining the nature of the previous place she had lived...where blood had been demanded. Tiamat finds a shiver crawling down her spine at the mere thought. “That’s horrible! I’m so sorry,” she reaches out to Qeren, seeking to touch her muzzle in an attempt at comfort.

Tiamat can’t even imagine having to live in such a ghastly environment. Why? What awful things had happened to bring a people down to such horrifying measures? Her heart goes out to the taller mare, suddenly very grateful that Qeren had been able to escape that frightful place. “I’d be happy to cheer you up whenever you need,” Tiamat smiles warmly, wanting her newest herd mate to know that she is no longer alone. She no longer needs to go without kindness.

Brushing the length of her lion tail over the blades of spring grass, the blue mare turns, ushering for Qeren to follow before she redirects their conversation to more pleasant topics. “They are very relaxing!” She comments about the hot springs, her head bobbing in time with her gait. “The water never gets too hot, and it’s never not hot enough. It’s a glorious relief—especially for aching muscles, or on frosty winter nights,” she gives the other unicorn a coy wink, knowing well the frigid bite of Frostfall’s icy weather.

Around the Aurora Basin lake they walk, where Nimue drifts from her bonded’s side to play in the clear waters, leaping in and out as she follows them. Finally the steamy springs come into view. Tiamat perks up, her head rising and ears slanting forward, before she gestures with enthusiasm. “Here we are!” She steps eagerly into the artesian well, picking her way carefully over the damp rocks until she reaches the bottom. A sigh of contentment slowly leaves her. “It feels nice, doesn’t it?” The sea maiden questions Qeren, looking over to her with a small smile as she relaxes, breathing in the warmth of the steam.

Once she has a moment to get comfortable, Tiamat can’t help but question: “Is there a path from your previous life that you’d like to pursue? Like healing, or fighting, or crafting?” Her head tilts slightly to the side, causing her long hair to fan out across the misty surface. “There’s no pressure for you to decide, but you have that option. There are different ranks here that you can choose from: the seers, the crafters, the sneaks, the warriors, the healers, and of course, there are the leaders,” she waits patiently for a response, content to unwind among the hot springs all evening.

“Speech.”
art by Blu ♥
@Qeren

RE: where our story begins [welcoming!] - Qeren - 02-25-2017

The elegant dappled bay mare watches the blue mare as she responds. The love testament clearly played over the smaller mares expressive face. It was something that shined from the ocean mares eyes. At least that was how Qeren understood it. She had watched the same light spark in her mothers eyes when ever she spoke of crafting. The fondness her mother had held for it was - well. It had been one of those things that where so inspiring. When someone seemed so passionate and in love with something you couldn't help but to feel... something at least about it.

In this instant - it was hope. Hope that curved the corners of Qeren's lips into a smile. It sparked hope. Something that could be cultivated upon - fanned into a flame. While the mixed breed had so long assumed she could only dream of one day she'd have such a passion for a place she called home... Perhaps it was truly a possibility "The love you hold for this land is admirable." came the reply with the smile still softening the desert mares expression.

A nod. Eyes giving a reflection of haunt as she gave that hell she hailed from another thought. Those dark memories that so liked to follow her like a phantom banished again by the lightness of Tiamat. The kindness as she outstretched her muzzle. Qeren hadn't expected that motion of comfort. But she seemed glad to receive it as she touch her velveteen muzzle to the other in further appreciation, once more a smile on her lips. "It's of the past now. I'm glad to have rid myself of such a place."

" I feel like it wouldn't be difficult for you to cheer up any." Came the musing chuckle of the taller mare. The topic following was one of better spirits. Not so haunted by the pain of a past she left behind. She rather looked forward to seeing these hot springs. A laugh left her lips about a easily as the sarcasm did on her next comment.. well. At least the latter of the comment, "Sounds wonderful - I feel like I may never fully thaw.". Yes. She had felt that rude, nasty bite of winter deep in her bones for a long time now it seemed.

Qeren was happy to walk in a peaceful state, looking about her as mismatched eyes seemed determined to take in the details of the land. Lingering on the leviathan as it plays in the waters. It felt a bit like a dream. A good one of course. As uncommon as they may be to her. She only stops once the declaration was made. She carefully followed the other.

A sigh left her lips at the feel of the soothing warmth hugging her weary feet. Further she found her way in. It felt like heaven on her weary body. The warmth penetrating the nagging cold that had insisted on clinging to her since the temperatures had first dropped. "It feels amazing." The mare's voice was full of awe and pleasure at the much needed warmth.

Once more those miss matched eyes flickered to Tiamat at the following question. Pausing to consider the words. A moment to think of her own mother. "My mother crafted. I'd help her but without the magic she'd possessed I never was as good I fear." she cocked her head smiling at remembering her mothers expression the first time she had tired to craft something and ended up with some... monstrosity of knots. It had been some useless nothing but her mother had said how beautiful it was. It brought a chuckle to her, "I've always liked to learn though, so if something is needed of me that can be taught, I'd be happy to."

"Talk."
@Tiamat
Qeren
from the land of sun and sand
the desert rose

RE: where our story begins [welcoming!] - Tiamat - 02-27-2017

but dreams of love
As the larger mare settles into the balmy waters, Tiamat smiles at her reaction, the brown woman noticeably pleased to have a chance to rest her travel-weary muscles. Enjoying the comfort herself, Tiamat can’t imagine how the other must be feeling (having wandered much, much farther, and much longer, than the Mender has in the last few days). Qeren gradually saunters further into the hot spring’s depths, while the sea maiden slips back towards its damp banks. Stepping back into knee-high waters, she lowers herself to the spring’s floor, sighing audibly and closing her eyes blissfully before she returns her attention to her new herd mate.

Qeren speaks of how her mother had crafted, and how she had worked with her at times. This little picture, at least, seems to be some sort of redeeming light in the bay mare’s otherwise bloody history (as far as the sea maiden is aware). A soft and pleasant smile curves her sapphire lips. “You’re welcome to craft here as well, if you would like,” her grin deepens cheerfully, white eyes shining, encouraging Qeren to follow whatever path her heart longs for.

“There are different tiers within each rank, so you would first start at the beginning, as an Apprentice, and move up as you learn. Our Weavers would teach you—they are gifted with magic from the Time God to create the most beautiful textiles,” her gaze flutters briefly to the clear skies above, to where her own mother watches over her, and wonders if that is where their patron deity watches over them as well. The Time God gives them so much—their home, wisdom and guidance, the power of healing, and the ability to create something beautiful from nothing

With that train of thought, Tiamat returns her eyes to Qeren, her expression softening as memories flit through her thoughts. “I’ve seen them construct things from warm scarves to thick blankets, sturdy tents, and even strong armor,” instinctively the adorable face of the Basin’s resident candyman comes to her mind. Johnny had been a Weaver for a long time before he fell ill—idly she wonders if he will continue his trade as he heals. He would be a delightful mentor for anyone. “I’m sure you would do well,” the blue mare assures Qeren with laughter lacing her voice.

An unexpected nudge against her shoulder has the ocean mare turning her head, her smile growing affectionate at the sight of her companion. Having had her fun in the glassy waters of the lake, Nimue now settles at the edge of the hot springs, resting her smooth body among the long grasses and leaning against her bondmate. Tenderly brushing her muzzle across the whale’s forehead, Tiamat sweeps her eyes again to Qeren. “What did your mother used to craft with?” She inquires softly, delicately. While her curiosity is genuine, Tiamat does not want to prod any raw memories that the taller woman might hold.

“Speech.”
art by Blu ♥
@Qeren