HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[P] Tag, you're it! - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [P] Tag, you're it! (/showthread.php?tid=26479)

Tag, you're it! - Random Event - 02-08-2017

Phasellus felis ipsum, mattis quis facilisis nec, iaculis sit amet eros. Aliquam sollicitudin pharetra eros in tempor. Nulla sed tortor ac dui aliquam volutpat For @Rikyn. Posting order only applies to him - up to Bunnie if you can join this thread!

A rather large and fat raccoon was sitting at the entrance to the labyrinth. In his hands he held a melting chocolate bar, and his face and whiskers were plastered with melty and runny brown liquid. His white-ringed eyes were bright, but sluggish looking.

Clearly he'd come down from his sugar high a bit hard, and was currently crashing.

"Maybe I'llmms sndlfsjfnsdf.. " He began to say, but speaking outloud was hardly worth the effort and he let his lips just bang against once another until his throat ceased to make noise.

He eyed the bar of chocolate, then eyed the maze.

"dammit." He concluded eloquently, and waited for someone to show up and help him out.

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

RE: Tag, you're it! - Rikyn - 02-09-2017

Яikyn
The spring had started to take on an importance to me; the time of my birth, and the earning of Duir’s orb, had fallen in Birdsong, and my father had died with the first appearance of this year’s blooms. Perhaps it was just coincidence, I think, because I’d done things in the snow and falling leaves, too, or in the verdant green of summer, but, for some reason, I couldn’t shake the notion that, for me, anyway, the big things might just, you know, have a schedule.

Maybe it’s ludicrous; it’s still better than dwelling in death, and sadness. Though I still get stolen away by the heavy, heavy ache inside myself, I am finding more and more moments that I can be myself again, living in the moment. When I take the time to think about the big picture, like my Birdsong ordained growing periods, it makes it easier to forget about all the shadows in the frame.

I guess that’s part of why we’ve come here, of all places. I don’t come here a whole lot, mostly because it gives me the faintest sense of the creeps, as if some pack of wolves is watching me from between the bamboo stalks (gee, I wonder why). Regardless, on the outskirts of this very green, very confusing region is where I had kept Duir’s orb safe, and warm, as it was not far from where the golden lights had given him to me, and now that he had grown in a full set of antlers, and looked truly like a deer, not a fawn, I guess nostalgia, and a need to be where good memories were, have guided us to the Rift’s Bamboo Labyrinth.

All the green makes my buck excited as soon as he sees it, scampering ahead of me. When he stops, however, I quickly jog to catch up, peering down at whatever it is he’s looking at.

A bemused smile strikes my face at the image before me. A raccoon, gluttonous on the best of days, seems to have eaten himself into some sort of stupor. Some sort of brown, sticky stuff is smeared all over his face… presumably from the similarly colored (and scented) sugary thing in his little black paws. A secret part of me really, really likes cute, fuzzy creatures, and though I’m loath to admit it, I like the little guy, almost instantaneously.

"You alright down there?" I ask, sharing an amused glance with Duir, before looking back down at the chocolate engorged raccoon.

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

@Random Event

RE: Tag, you're it! - Random Event - 02-09-2017

For @Rikyn. Remember never to tag the RE account please! :D

In his sugary fog, he's aware of a deer thing and a horse thing. He thinks that the deer things have been in Helovia longer than the horse things, but he can't be bothered to track down that memory to confirm it. However in his confusion, the raccoon isn't entirely sure who is speaking to him, and, still assuming the deer-things were the more prominent species, assumed it was probably Duir.

"Yer buggar." He said nodding his brown-smeared face. Yer buggar was apparently sugar-high raccoon for Yes. Then quickly his ringed eyes widened. "Imeanno" He spluttered all at once, rolling his round body around to face the cerndyr. "I need to get to the centre of the maze. But I uh.." Sheepishly, the raccoon patted his bulging stomach. "I'm feeling a little under the weather at the moment.."

He nosed towards Rikyn for a moment, before looking back to Duir. "Y'think yer companion there could give me a lift?"

RE: Tag, you're it! - Rikyn - 02-10-2017

Яikyn
So, I’d liked the raccoon at first, at least until the chocolate-high dumbass opened his mouth.

Instantly delighted and amused that the raccoon chooses to speak to him, rather than me, my cerndyr’s mind fills with warmth, and laughter, his forest green eyes gleaming, and his lips curling into a smile. Though he often joked with me that he was by far the more responsible and wisdomed of the two of us, despite his youth, the fact that this stranger ignores me for my wordless companion is of utmost hilarity to the proud deer-creature.

So, when the creature even gestures to me, and calls me Duir’s companion, my bond-mate laughs aloud, an abrasive (as all his sounds are) guffaw, unbefitting of his graceful appearance. My ears tilt back in offense, a scowl crossing my lips as I glare over at my buck with intense, golden eyes.

He ignores me.

Nodding at the raccoon, without even consulting me, the alleged mount in this endeavor (the very idea horrifying, despicable… wrong), my ivy laden buck turns his gold-flecked gaze to my hatefully narrowed one. Go on then, he tells me, my mind pressed with the idea of kneeling, so that the gluttonous little idiot can clamber onto my back.

My ears are at one with my dark hair now, their so far back.

No, I retort, at first, a stubborn and flat refusal, you carry him, if you care so much.

Gesturing to my metal plating, and the convenient metal entwined, black rope (handle, Duir insists) attaching it to me. Literally grumbling, still entirely too annoyed by the entire situation, I slowly, and begrudgingly, drop down onto my knees, my fine ass mooning the sky.

"Whatever," I bemoan, turning back at the chocolate covered raccoon with what I hope is a successfully warning glare, "you scratch me, I start bucking. Got it?"

Looking back at my buck, who is smugly watching the entire situation unfold, I snort.

"How far away is the center of the labyrinth, anyway?" I ask no one in particular, wondering if either of the two buffoons with me would actually know (forgetting, of course, that I don’t either).

Image Credit

RE: Tag, you're it! - Random Event - 02-10-2017

For @Rikyn.
For a moment the raccoon thinks that the clever deer isn't going to help him. A scowl starts to spread across his chocolate-plastered features, but that's only because he can't hear the mental conversation talking place. Then, suddenly, the unicorn is half on his knees, and talking.

The raccoon jumps up and back out of fright, looking to Duir now with a mixture of surprise, awe, and respect. "It talks!" He cried, placing a dexterous paw to his heart, which is rapidly beating. "They don't normally do that, do they!' He says, correctly knowing at least one fact about companions, but still having no idea that he's entirely mixed up which of the two is a companion.

You'd think Rikyn's voice and Duir's lackthereof would be a clue, but ... well. That much chocolate in such a small body ... we should probably give him a break.

The raccoon shrugs and clambers onto Rikyn's back, grabbing a clump of mane to help haul his fat ass onto the unicorn. "Hup we go." He says, patting Rikyn's wither. "There's a good pony."

As Rikyn asks how far they are going, the Raccoon shh's him almost condescendingly.  "Don't you worry 'bout nuthin. Yer just keep walkin' nice and even like." Looking over to Duir, the raccoon offered the cerndyr a piece of chocolate as they began their journey into the maze. 

RE: Tag, you're it! - Rikyn - 02-11-2017

Яikyn
A small amount of like trickles back in over the contempt when the sound of my voice causes a great fluster to rouse the raccoon. Though it’s annoying he’s so shocked I can talk, I guess it makes sense, if he thinks I’m Duir’s companion animal. That the creature still hasn’t pieced together that I’m talking because I’m the one in charge here is still really frustrating, however, as is the entire notion of having to give him a ride.

"No, companions don’t," I glumly (and sarcastically) intone, looking at the furry little creature with a wonder as to when he’ll clamber on, if ever; it’s not particularly flattering, this position, and I’d rather not be in the maze of bamboo after dark. Biting back my planned inquiry when Duir shoots me a glare, and stomps his small, cloven hoof on the ground, I simply sigh, leaving my “are you a fucking idiot?” comments to myself.

When he pats me and calls me a pony after his hoisted his rotund self onto my back, however, it’s not a sigh, but an audible grumble, that fills the otherwise peaceful air.

"Pony?!" I grumpily balk, ears falling back, and head tilting so that I can glare at him with one golden eye, "do I look ridiculously short to you?"

Regardless, at least the podgy fucker isn’t as heavy as I’d thought he might be, wracking my brain for reasons to carry on with Duir’s ridiculous quests to help all the nature ever. With my buck travelling alongside us, happily smiling and accepting the chocolate the raccoon offers him, I can almost forget being rather annoyed at the both of them, for the simple fact that, well, I rather like walking trails.

"So, do you live at the middle of this thing, or what?" I ask, after some time, because I figure that if I’m going to be treated like some pack animal (like an ass, you mean? Duir laughs), I might as well get some information about my passenger as a sort of travel fee.

Image Credit

RE: Tag, you're it! - Random Event - 02-13-2017

For @Rikyn.
The raccoon ignored the ridicolously short retort with a simple roll of his eyes. He looked to Duir, shaking his head slightly, as if indicating the companion (aka Rikyn's) stupidity. It's just a phrase, his ringed-eyes seemed to say, but he didn't offer a response out loud.

"Do I li--" The creature began, before cracking up. Tears streaked down his cheeks and he was laughing so hard that he had to grip onto Rikyn's mane to keep from sliding off the sides. "live at the-" he tried to continue, but laughter cut off his words. He began to drunkenly hiccup, and had to wave his hands to indicate that speech was going to be impossible for a few moments.

Did he live at the centre of the maze! HA!

Double ha!

Once he got himself under control, he wiped his tear-soiled eyes and took a deep breath. "No of course I don't live at the centre of the maze." Now his voice was grim and gruff. "Bad things live there. Why you think I et' so much chocolate before venturing in?" He asked, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Let's just get a move on, shall we?" He clucked under his tongue, encouraging Rikyn forward. Every now and then he'd bark a direction - either left or right - to keep the companion going in the right direction through the maze.

RE: Tag, you're it! - Rikyn - 02-15-2017

Яikyn
The raccoon’s laughter makes me ponder giving a good kick to the air behind me, and laughing myself, when his fat ass topples to the ground. I refrain, however, feeling an emotional tug from Duir, who would much rather I not hurt him, and continue on, picking up my pace a little bit.

Let’s just get this over with, yeah? I think, directing the words with great mental force towards my buck, ’cause I might just kill him if this goes on much longer.

Feeling stupid, and hating it, I wonder why it is he would want to go the middle of the maze if he didn’t live there, and if it was so infested with monsters. The mention of the “bad things” does put me a little bit more on guard, however, my heart already riddled with a dislike of this maze for just that particular reason. To help ease the building tension, I occasionally tell Duir to bend over a stalk at a right angle, into the path, so that we can (hopefully) find our way out.

Soon, I’m trotting, my even gait hopefully providing fair enough balance that the raccoon doesn’t have a difficult time staying on. Regardless, time is starting to elongate in that weird way it does when one is both anxious to be done with something, and slightly paranoid at the same time, and I can deal with a few scratches, if it means I’ll be safely back out of this hell hole that much sooner.

"I’m not gonna get murdered so you can get stupid on even more sweets, am I?" I ask after some time, having decided that, whatever is at the center of the maze, it had better be worth it, not just some glutton’s treasure trove, or something equally moronic, and not worthy of my precious time (or any of my blood).

Image Credit

RE: Tag, you're it! - Random Event - 02-15-2017

For @Rikyn.

The raccoon gives an exasperated sigh, and shoots Duir a look that clearly says, Companions! AmIright?, clearly annoyed at Rikyn's stupidity. "Don't be a tit." He chastises angrily, shaking his chocolate cover face and covering his ringed eyes with his small hands. "Sweets are fer courage. E'reone knows that."

It seems the feeling of waiting-for-this-whole-thing-to-be-over is mutual.

"STOP." The creature hisses, pulling back on Rikyn's mane as if the hairs are some sort of bridal. They've come upon the entrance to the centre of the maze, and therein is some sort of glowing ball of light. The raccoon, far more nimbly than his previous actions would have hinted was possible, slid off of Rikyn's back and scooted forward. He peered around the hedges, ensuring that no one was around. Then, lightning fast, he raced towards the ball, covered it with a bag he seemingly pulled out of thin air, and quickly replaced it with a ball of dirt. Then, quick as a flash, he hobbled back. As he did this, a warning and whining cry went up from deep within the earth, but then quieted.

And the shit-eating grin on the raccoon's face was priceless.

"Thar we are!" He crooned, patting the bag. "All safe'n sound, like." Looking to Duir and Rikyn now, the creature bowed slightly and grinned again. "Thanks fer yer help." He said casually.

And then, because nothing ever goes right, a scream erupted from the centre of the maze.

"SHITFUCKRUNBUGGARBALLSTITSARSEAAHHHHHHH." He screamed, lunging onto Rikyn's back and kicking his small and inadequate legs to spur the unicorn on. "GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO."

A massive black shadow threw the lump of dirt that the Racoon had used to replace the orb. It shrieked again and lunged after Rikyn.

RE: Tag, you're it! - Rikyn - 02-15-2017

Яikyn
Rolling my eyes, I wonder just why the raccoon thinks everyone in Helovia eats sweets, and does so, specifically, for courage. Regardless, a humorous thought crosses my mind, rousing a chuckle, and even being voiced aloud, earning a disapproving scowl from my buck.

"Good you gave some to Duir then," I laugh.

Coming upon the center of the maze at last, the raccoon also regains some of the initial like of him that had drawn me into his little game to begin with; he’s a thief, too! Though I suppose all raccoons are, by nature, most stick to snatching food, or non-dangerous treasure, so the little guy is at least a brave little fucker, even if he is a bit impetuous. When the suddenly swift, bag laden creature (where the hell did the bag come from?! I think, with several increasingly disgusting options coming to mind) charges towards the orb, I’m struck with a rather responsible thought: maybe he shouldn’t take something so obviously valuable, and seemingly unguarded.

Maybe he did punch sense into you, my buck states, in regards to my recently deceased Uncle Deimos.

"Hey, maybe you shoul-" is what I manage, before its too late; the glimmering object is stashed away, and the furry creature is making his way back to Duir and I with the smuggest grin I’ve ever seen anything wear; he doesn’t seem to take the high pitched cry rising from the ground as the same sort of warning I do, both my ears falling back as I look down at the little chocolate eating fur-fest, "well, too late now."

Just like I’d expected, thinks quickly turn for the worst. I’m about to reply “yeah,” to his thanks, when the loudest, most horrible scream I’ve ever heard erupts from the ground, where the orb had been. Stumbling backwards, I don’t need the useless patters of the raccoons stubby legs to get me going; in fact, he probably doesn’t have much time at all to clamber on, before I’m getting the hell out of dodge.

How do you fight a fucking shadow, anyway?!

"Hold on, you idiot," I command, galloping with everything I have towards the way we came, hoping that Duir’s markers will help us from becoming lost in whatever that is’ maze. Using my magic, I throw the Spark behind me, not taking the time to aim, and relying on fate to guide it, hoping that shadows are capable of being stopped dead in their tracks by my power.

If not, I’m as quick a thinker as I am on my hooves – or so I’d like to think. Duir! I command, now!

My companion and I flicker into nothingness, but, foolishly, I’d forgotten to account for the raccoon! Fleeing through the winding maze, thinking myself invisible, being the cause of the most peculiar sight of an oddly floating, wildly kicking raccoon (with a bag), being chased by a shadow beast, would probably be among the top five things that had ever happened to me, if I wasn’t so busy trying not to die.

[ OOC: Uses his secondary magic to try and slow the shadow, while having Duir use his companion ability to camouflage them! ]
Image Credit

@Mythical Request

RE: Tag, you're it! - Random Event - 04-17-2017

For @Rikyn.

"YER BUGGER." The racoon shouted, although whether it was in response to Rikyn's suggestion that he hold on, or to the scream that continued to warble behind them, the creature did precisely as Rikyn had suggested.

And then..

"ARRRHGHGHG" He howled as Rikyn suddenly disappeared beneath him. The weirdest part was that he continued to bob along like he was riding an invisible wave. The trees continued to roll past him and his knees were warm with Rikyn's thundering muscles despite the fact that he could see the ground beneath him. "H AH HA." He crowed triumphantly, thinking hta the too was invisible. Hazarding a confident glance backwards, the smoke monster clearly caught sight of him, and screeched his direction.

"o fuk." The racoon said, teetering off of Rikyn's back as a tendril of black smoke tore him off of the unicorn. HIs backpack went flying, letting the orb he had grabbed tumble uselessly free.

"GRAB THE ORB YE GIT. GRAB IT AND KILL THIS THING." He hollered as the smoke enveloped him completely.

Congratulations! Rikyn has been given an additional magic slot! This unlocks the magic that he has previously earned from the God of the Spark:

::Magic [Dark x Shock | Can take on the voice and appearance of individuals anytime after physically touching them for three or more seconds. ]
[ Restrictions: Can only "recall" three forms. Form can only be used once without him touching the person again.]

RE: Tag, you're it! - Rikyn - 04-19-2017

Яikyn

Most of what ensues from the point that we take off out through the winding maze is utter madness; while it was most evidently a shit show from the moment the naturally masked rapscallion scampered off with his shady bag, it has devolved into one of the scariest situations I’ve ever been in with a rapidity that, as far as I know, has never been beaten. Galloping with everything I have, the raucous laughter of the band-tailed thief as we attempt to flee the beastie he’s awoken with antics leads me to believe that we are making headway.

I even smile, a cocky thing, before his laughter dies and becomes a subtle arrangement of surprise and a curse. Both amusing and horrifying, the sound makes a weird flip course through my insides as I cast my eyes behind me, stunned to find the little filcher twirling through the air, wreathed in mist. His precious sack and the orb that had got us into this mess spiral out with him, and I don’t need his shouted commands to throw on the brakes, and lunge back around.

I’ll be damned if I leave without that! I think with conviction, caring very little for the fate of the raccoon. Serves him right, taking things he can’t nab on his own.

You’ll be dead if you don’t! calls Duir from ahead, where he has kept running. Every deer, raccoon, and unicorn for himself, I guess.

Preparing for whatever shadow beasties feel like, I plunge in, with broad sweeps of my horn, just in case mist-monster feels pain, or can bleed. Reaching for the pack and lunging towards the gleam of the magical whatsit we’d jacked together, I plan to collect the raccoon last (not really expecting him to get eaten, like he does). At this point, I’m going to pretty well going to demand the shiny bauble or something else astonishingly valuable as a fee for the utter crap this situation has devolved into, but it seems much easier now that my partner is, you know, dead.

I watch him get swallowed up no sooner than the bauble impacts my chest and bursts into a trillion glimmering flecks, that weirdly tunnel in towards my body and seem to vanish directly into my flesh. Not that I have a lot of time to examine it, really, considering that there is a giant, evil, shadow thingy. Wondering if you can survive being ingested by darkness, I strike out at the monster with a vain hope of saving the little idiot it’s just ate.

Something about thief’s honor, and all that… us assholes gotta look out for one another.

[ OOC: Commences operation save the raccoon unless he can't in which case operation run the eff away shall commence. Thank you so much RE!!! :D:D:D I loved this thread so much, it was way too funny. ]

Image Credit