HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Plant for your thoughts? - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Plant for your thoughts? (/showthread.php?tid=26841)

Plant for your thoughts? - Astarot - 03-17-2017

He was a healer that had no idea about plants, except one. He didn't know the name, but he remembered the smell of it. Tiamat had shown him how to make a salve out of it. Of course the stallion had no idea where to find the plant, but he had to try. He wanted to try and make a connection with the Aura Basin and they best way he could see to do that was to ask for help. Sure there were other healers in the Throat, but it made more sense to ask Tiamat for help. He just needed to bring some kind of payment for her help. It would reaffirm any ties the two herds had left and if he found a lot of the plants maybe he would make a trip to the World's Edge as well. It couldn't hurt to get back in touch with them too. Zafir wanted to help her bonded but she had no idea what she was looking for. Instead she ran around looking for prey of some kind. She still had a long way to fly and the growing dragon needed her strength. If they came across an enemy dumb enough to mess with them she would have to be in top form and starving would inhibit that.

Astarot made sure to keep his mix matched eyes open and scanning as he made his way north. The sun was high in the sky as he found himself on the far side of the Thistle Meadow. A scent wafted through the air drawing him off his path. Ears quivered excitedly as he sniffed deeply. Zafir screeched softly as she followed at his side eager to find what it was her bonded was hunting for. She planned to remember the scent and sight of the plant so she could help him find it next time. After a couple minutes of walking and retracing his steps, they duo came across the plant he was after. "This is it Zafir!" She landed and carefully eyed the purple flowers sniffing them, then sneezing and shaking her horned head. Blue wings flapped out and she lifted off again. Her back talons clamped onto the stocks close to the ground and pulled upwards. Paw fulls of plants ripped from the ground and she screeched again excitement dripping from her words. "Thank you! I don't want to take to much more so it can keep growing." He lowered his own muzzle to the plants and pulled up a few more from the massive clump they had found.

When they arrived they both eyed the massive horse like machine. He wondered if the Throat had donated the metal to help make this thing. Zafir landed in front of her bonded and dropped half of her loud before jumping back into the sky. She flew off to a bush and hid the rest of the plants before flying back to circle her bonded. Astarot dropped his own mouth full on the pile before taking a deep breath. This was his first time to ever approach another herd, much less as a messenger for the Throat.

He gulped and Zafir lowered and blew a small stream of frost across his back. He glanced at her and rolled her eyes a small smile on his face. He lifted his head, drew in a breath, and let out a bellow that could rival his father's. Zafir hoovered above her bone marked horse scarlet eyes fixed beyond the strange horse thing. Astarot eased his body tension the best he could his tail swishing at his hocks. He didn't want to look like a threat and he hoped the herbs showed that he wasn't. He sent up a silent pray to the Sun God, 'Please let it be Tiamat, or another healer.' 

-----------------------------------------------
Words
Words;; 637
OOC/Tags;; @Tiamat @Enna @Lena @Mortuus Nox Just tagged the healers and Timat(because friends xD), ya'll don't all have to show up though <3

ASTAROT & TYRATH
I'm the pretty one in this bromance

image credits

RE: Plant for your thoughts? - Wessex - 03-18-2017

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

A deep, rich bellow shakes the air around the Sentinel, causing Wessex to pause and turn her head back towards the entrance to the Basin. Her ears flicker towards the origin with animated curiosity; their border has been rather active recently - which makes sense, because who in their right minds would trek up to the freaking Arctic circle in the middle of winter, unless they have some sort of internal warming device deep in their belly? Lifting her head to the sky, Wessex returns the summons with her own deep-chested call - letting the visitor know that he’s been heard, and also signaling to other potential patrollers that she’s got this one.

The call sounded masculine, but Wessex has been mistaken for a male before, so she wouldn’t be surprised if there were another rough-and-tumble sort like her at the border. Over the ridgeline, which is littered in bright green grass clumps and the occasional northern flower, she goes. Surefooted now, after a couple months of walking this route, she makes decent time. A relaxed, but large stallion waits before the decaying metal statue, blue dragon hovering above him. Neutral, but inquisitive gaze studies his unusual markings as she draws closer, and finds the scent of sand on him.

Ah, another Throat-er. That must have been quite the journey. One only goes this far if they want something. So when she is within talking distance, the horned mare calls out to the visitor, “Can I help you?”

W E S S E X

image credit

@Astarot

RE: Plant for your thoughts? - Tiamat - 03-21-2017

kisses
from the
deep
While the bellowing calls from the Corporal and the stallion reverberate against the stony mountains, and are easily heard by the blue Lady, it is her companion that spies them first.

Recognizing their distant figures, the young Leviathan croons several high-pitched whistles, darting in a circle around her bondmate before she surges onward. Riding the air currents like she would the waves of the ocean, Nimue ‘swims’ towards the Basin’s entrance. The distance between the little orca and the two equines is quickly diminished, and she greets them with a short, high-pitched trill of enthusiasm, her blue eyes sparkling beneath the sunlight. However, her natural shyness is just as quick to catch up with her, and being more familiar with Wessex, she settles at the warrior’s side, crooning softly.

“Hello you two!” The sea maiden calls out after her Leviathan, coming upon the pair at a wide-sweeping trot. Halting with a flourish of blue hair and seashells that cascade around her shoulders, Tiamat smiles to both Wessex and Astarot, her nostrils flaring breathlessly and her dainty features alight with pleasure. Briefly she brushes the Corporal’s broad neck, partially out of greeting and partially for gratitude, knowing well that the large woman has already flourished within the Basin’s ranks. Truly, Tiamat is grateful for all she has done, and is honored to have her at her side.

Broadening her attention then to the young stallion, the ocean mare smiles gleefully. “Astarot, welcome! What a lovely surprise to see you so far from your desert sands,” she chuckles breathlessly, curling her lion tail casually around her ankles.

“And I see you’ve bonded, congratulations,” the newly-crowned queen crows with delight upon noticing the young blue dragon, and a doting smile is cast in the creature’s direction. Having very little experience with dragons, Nimue watches the scaled creature with keen interest, while remaining firmly pressed in between the two mares. Tiamat brushes the whale gently with her tail, and then looks again to Astarot. “What’s brought you to our mountain home? All good things I hope?” Her smile quirks playfully to the side, the bundle of herbs at his feet not going unnoticed.

“Speech.”

RE: Plant for your thoughts? - Lena - 03-26-2017

Lena the Songbird

She gloried in the Tallsun heights, maneuvering and motioning past wallowing mountains and opulent peaks, whispering in the softening winds, humming in the illustrious wake of warm, pleasant days. The Songbird kept herself and Imogen busy, shuffling beside squalls and tempests, breathing life and light into divine outreaches, extending a dulcet glimmer, a soft, composed smile, as she laid some tender morsels of flowers at the Reaper’s tomb before marching on, down along lone slopes and pebbled trails. She heard a call in the distance, deep and masculine, combed over the possibilities of the summons, of what seemed inclined towards the borders – but she was a bit too far to make it there in a timely fashion, stretched across the region with herbs in her mouth and triumph in her chest, yet, confirmed with a nod towards her beloved kitsune, and away they wandered, driven down into the valley by curiosity.

They crossed at a fine pace, brisk and jubilant, enjoying the patterns of the breeze courting her hide; rustling over the scarred skin, then kissing the unblemished hairs, rising and falling with the time, the power of hours, minutes, seconds lapsing into her chest as she pushed her way across the grounds, lighter than air, flying, flying, flying without wings, conjuring one song after another under her breath, smiling when it was all gilded, all golden, all reverent.

Her journey was much later than the others; her gaze swept to three as she approached, two of them completely, wholly familiar, and the third likely belonging to the stranger who’d rang for them, waiting at their Sentinel aperture. To Tiamat and Wessex she gave delighted grins, extending her amiability, her regal fortitude, her mass of nobility in the wake of inquiry, listening as the sea-girl extended her well-wishes to the stag. She lowered her head, dipping it in polite regards, before realizing she still had several plants tucked across her lips, and placed them on the ground, Imogen standing beside them as guard. “Greetings! I’m Lena, one of the Time Menders here.” Her voice was kindled in great, grand mellifluousness, fluid and tangible, a song of the earth, elemental and melodic, only dipping in mild interest as the world continued to turn. The nymph’s gaze fell to the bundle at his feet too – and perhaps they were all aligned within the same purpose – which made her heart flutter in ease, in repose, in sanctuary and sanctity.   

Image Credits

@Astarot @Tiamat @Wessex

RE: Plant for your thoughts? - Astarot - 03-29-2017

Moments after his call was out another answered and his head raised ears pricked. Zafir saw the strange mare heading their way and quirked her head curiously. Astarot couldn't help but look over the odd but beautiful woman. She had horns on her jawline and one on her nose that were red tipped. Her body was shorter than his but what did that matter? In fact he liked slightly shorter mares, not tiny of course, but smaller. It made him feel more masculine; as messed up as that was. She is thick built, another plus in his mind. A warm smile falls easily into place as she speaks.

Before he can reply a whale shows up and sends out a few whistles. Zafir's attention turns fully to the strange creature and she whistles back a deeper pitch than the whale's. He smiled up at his dragon for a second before Tiamat arrived. His eyes travel quickly over the ocean mare's gracefully body. His throat tightens slightly as a rush of hormones fills his body. His bone marked head lowers in greeting, to both mare's in turn. Zafir carefully lands in front of the two mares and the whale. She croons softly to the strange companion wanting to see more of her. Astarot smiled watching his dragon, sure she wouldn't feel the need to dominate such a strange animal. She was clearly no threat to her standing.

"Hello Miss, and Tiamat." His smile never faltered as his gaze flicked between the two lovely ladies. "I've recently been promoted to Alchemist, a healer, and I've come to offer herbs." He grinned sheepishly for a moment his tail flicking, "I was also hoping I could learn a little about other plants." It sounded strange to say it out loud, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to say that, but it was to late now. He wondered if they thought he didn't think the other healers in his herd were adept in plants.

Zafir shifted her attention to the ocean mare for a moment before turning back to her whale. "Thank you Tiamat, her name is Zafir. It means Sapphire in Hungarian." He chuckled at his lame attempt at a name. Zafir liked it well enough, it matched her body and left her personality a mystery, which she liked. Another appeared, with yet another interesting companion. Zafir was thrilled at meeting so many strange creatures in one day. This one was white and looked like a fox with several tails. Astarot smiled at the new mare and dipped his head warmly. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Lena. I'm Astarot." He noticed the plants she set down and eyed them curiously.

"I brought All-heal to trade for knowledge." He looked at each shorter mare wondering what they thought of him. He was younger than all of them and had just admitted to not knowing much about his field. His tail swished nervously around his hocks. Zafir couldn't careless what the others thought of her bonded. In her mind he was the best, eager to learn, willing to admit his short comings, but willing to defend what he was good at. She glanced back at him her scarlet eyes flashing as she pulsed pride into their bond.

Words
Words;; 544
OOC/Tags;; @Tiamat @Wessex @Lena No rush on replying! I'll be gone for a week starting Friday =]

ASTAROT & TYRATH

image credits

RE: Plant for your thoughts? - Wessex - 04-04-2017

I AM IRON AND I FORGE MYSELF

Always delighted to see Nimue, Wessex extends her velvet nose and greets her with a gentle stream of warm air and then a wide smile. She laughs freely at the companion’s antics and quietly enjoys her presence at the warrior’s side. Nimue, of course, heralds Tiamat’s approach, and an orange-eyed glance behind her tells the Corporal that their Lady is indeed coming to investigate. On a completely unrelated note, Wessex whispers to the little orca, “Remind me to tell you about the other whale companion I met!”

Friends help friends out - and Wessex is of the naive opinion that with so few Leviathans about, they should all know each other. In species solidarity. Or something like that.  

“Tia,” the mottled mass of a mare replies, dipping her crowned head with a half-smirk on her lips. The soldier, always one for duty, feels bound to stay despite the lingering feelings that she is an unnecessary guard dog, baying loudly at strangers until her kind and loving mistress comes to bid her be quiet. The beauty tames the beast. A third Basiner appears, one whom Wessex is unfamiliar with - but her presence requires a flash of a smile in greeting, and then the soldier is on lookout again. For what? Who knows. But it is what Wessex does best.

In front of an array of horns, her ears swivel and pick up names: Lena, Astarot, Zafir. Belatedly, after all the introductions have been made, she adds rather gruffly, “and I’m Wessex.” All-heal for knowledge? Of what? Other herbs and bits of greenery they might have up in this ice-bound wilderness? She should speak to Tia about an expedition to the South, if they’d like to trade for knowledge.

Cross-training should be of vital importance.

W E S S E X

image credit

@Tiamat @Lena @Astarot

RE: Plant for your thoughts? - Tiamat - 04-05-2017

kisses
from the
deep
The Ocean’s Light accepts the stallion’s greeting with a smile resting on her lips, one of her dainty ears trained to the side while his blue dragon focuses on her companion. Nimue eyes the reptilian creature shyly, chirping and crooning a whistle every now and then. She floats from one side of the sea mare to the other, diving underneath the curve of her stomach while she watches the other companion. The Leviathan is distracted, too focused on what Wessex had whispered to her moments before, the thrill of excitement and anticipation coursing through her little body.

‘Wes-sex says—other whale!’

The soprano of Nimue’s childlike voice rings happily through Tiamat’s mind, and the Lady can’t help but cast a silent, excited, and questioning glance to her Corporal—nearly as enthusiastic as her companion to hear news of this other Leviathan. Nimue has not admitted anything, because she adores many of the companions that she has met, but the sea mare has sensed the orca’s lonely questioning through their connection.

Clearing her throat, Tiamat tries to not let herself become too distracted now, focusing again on Astarot while he continues. A smile brightens her features, and she tosses her head in joyful approval. “Of course, congratulations on your promotion!” She applauds him happily, very much biased in his choice of career, although she would be glad for him with whatever path he chose. His quest to learn about plants is not strange in the slightest—she remembers, years ago, when she had no magic to wield and relied solely on the use of herbs. She had worked hard to gain knowledge…and she’s still learning!

With her expression softening, Tiamat turns her attention to the stallion’s dragon. Zafir, that’s very pretty,” she croons, her words complemented by a high-pitched chirp from Nimue. The mare chuckles to herself, shaking her head, and catching the Mender’s arrival in the corner of her eye as she does so. “Lena!” She greets the bay mare fondly, pleased to see her here.

“That was very nice of you to bring us herbs, Astarot,” Tiamat says when she looks back to the dunskin man, her natural grin widening once more. “I have to say, you’re in good hands. Lena here is a very skilled healer—she was my mentor,” looking briefly to the brown Mender, she casts her a cheering wink, truly awed by her talent. After all, it was Lena who had brought her to the Basin all those years ago; where would she be, who would she be, without her dear friend? Shifting the angle of her body, the Ocean’s Light gestures to Astarot, “Do you want to come see our greenhouse?”

“Speech.”

RE: Plant for your thoughts? - Lena - 04-08-2017

Lena the Songbird

It’d been an interesting alteration from the past – years before, they would’ve been wary of a stranger at their door, hostile, tenacious, pondering the means and measures of Machiavellian enterprises, of war brooding and brewing on the horizon, on threats, on declarations of violence. Nowadays, more and more beings had shown along their wintry aperture for knowledge and understanding: a welcome sanctuary, a glacial haven, a repose from the wicked, from the deceitful, from the bone-chilling nature of seasons and cycles. The Songbird was glad for it – all smiles, all grins, all amiability pervading from her soul, because she’d woven compassion and intrepid notions from the day she’d been born, and would rather continue extending its delights, its warmth, its kindness for eternity. She listened, watched, and waited, ears flicking, Imogen’s tails waving during their explanations and conversations, bobbing her head in time, towards agreements, towards the gift of all-heal, her signature singsong composing a light trill in the air. “Wonderful! I’m glad so many have interest in our craft.” There, she turned at Tiamat’s offer, dancing on the edges of delight, compelled, glad, satisfied, and content to proffer and bestow her knowledge on the ways of their capabilities and talents. Her eyes glanced towards the greenhouse in the distance, with its great glossy, glassy veneer, a showcase of Glasgow’s merits, of herds coming together, uniting, instead of falling apart and to pieces, savage, heinous, wicked in their crimes. Her head tilted back at the Dragon’s Throat Alchemist (bit back an inquiry over the whereabouts of Sikeax; the healer she’d known from the land of sand and heat), grin still affectionate and generous, pondering over the depths he wished to savor. “Was there any particular information you wanted?” Was his inclination towards poisons (here she hoped it wasn’t; it was not her preference and she ultimately shied away from their disastrous intentions)? Or did he yearn for sagacity, for musing, over simple curatives, leaves and berries found nearby, something that could grow in the midst of his lands? 

Image Credits

@Astarot @Wessex @Tiamat

RE: Plant for your thoughts? - Astarot - 04-21-2017

O

The young stallion smiled warmly as he watched everyone greet each other like herd mates should. In Tiamat's case, he assumed they were all her friends. 'How could anyone not like her?' His tail flicked nervously as she addressed him again. Zafir watched the whale curiously her scarlet eyes sparkling with her intense need to know more about her. She cooed softly, trying to show she was a nice dragon. His nerves are chased away by her joyful words, "Thank you Lady Tiamat." He chuckles softly, "My father actually surprised me with the position. I still can't figure out how he knew." He smiles brightly his chuckle rumbling again.

Zafir turns her attention away from the companion to look at her master. She thinks master because if the companion isn't a dragon their bonded is a master. Dragon's don't have masters, but partners. Her scaly head tilts as she watches the blue mare curiously. She let out a chirp, one she had only ever used for Astarot before. She puffed up enjoying the attention and the way the mare's voice crooned at her. The bone marked stallion rolled his eyes smiling at her massive ego. When the Kitsune let out a trill the dragon turned and eyed the firey creature curiously. She snorted and frost puffed from her nostrils as Astarot greeted the bay lady.

He smiled and found his eyes straying to her every few seconds. She was so beautiful it made it hard to focus on everyone else, and the task at hand. The dark mare's voice drew his attention away from the ocean mare. She was beautiful in a masculine way not that it was a bad thing. He found himself drawn to large boned ladies. There was something that made his blood boil when he thought of the power a lady could have over him. That's not to say he would like having his ass handed to him on a silver platter, but damn power was sexy! An easy grin slid into place as his bone marked head dipped in greeting to her, "It's a pleasure Miss Wessex." When his lifted his dome back up his grin shifted to a pleasant smile his dual colored eyes sparkling.

Then The Ocean's Light was speaking to him again and he turned his gaze towards her again. He bowed his head to both mares that thanked him for the herbs. "It was no trouble at all." His smile brightened with excitement as the blue lady offered to show him their green house. "I would love to visit your green house!" Zafir felt his need to move and jumped into the air. She wanted to follow from the sky and get the lay of the land.  His attention turned back towards Lena as she voiced a question. "I'd like to learn about ways to ease pain, stop bleeding, and speed up healing. Sparing can get pretty rough, right?" Dark lips fell into a lopsided grin as thunder like laughter rolled from his lips. "With the threat of Kaos running around those are my to priorities. Miss Lena, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them." He smiled hopefully at the mare. 'Am I asking to much for the amount of plants I brought?' Thinking of the All-heal he dropped his head and picked them up, before stepping forward ready to follow the trio of pretty ladies.
Words
Words;; 568
OOC/Tags;; @Tiamat @Lena @Wessex Sorry this took so long!

ASTAROT & TYRATH

image credits