HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] (/showthread.php?tid=27049)

Pages: 1 2

Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Random Event - 04-07-2017

A quite youthful looking monkey say atop a rock in the heavenly fields, chowing down happily on a bag of skittles. From what you can tell, since you've no idea what skittles are, the creature is eating a bunch of brightly coloured stones with apparent ease and satisfaction. His hands are coloured by rainbow smears, as is his face.

Sitting next to him was a sparking white sphere that made the grass around it flutter. The monkey checked his wrist, as if expecting a watch to be there. Groaning at the lack of technology, he looked to the sky, shielded his eyes slightly, and huffed childishly to himself.

"Man i'm bored. " He whined, his tail thump-thumping agitatedly on the rock. "No one said this was gonna take so long." With a dramatic groan, he leaned back on the rock as if waiting for the Helovian's to show up was literally the worst thing he could imagine.

Being grounded was the worst.

This is a spark/time drop! You have 72 hours to respond. PLease state what magic you are here for and any prior refusals or extra rolls you are using!

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Oizys - 04-07-2017

Ker spots the odd monkey before her brutish bonded does, and she alerts the gargoyle to this strange occurence with a loud cacophony of warning shrieks. "Fluffy nom," is how she unhelpfully describes the creature, leaving Oizys frowning with confusion and burning with intrigue. All the same, the stone soldier follows her eagle with the minimum amount of fuss, knowing that Ker taking an interest in something is usually a good enough reason for her to take an interest too.

The Heavenly Field sprawls out before her, enticing her into a heavy trot that flows fluidly into a canter. The grey's stocky limbs are strong, and she runs for long distances regularly to work on her poor stamina. Her breathing is regulated and her flesh only slightly moist with sweat by the time she reaches the sparkling white sphere and its guardian, and her stride slips easily back into a walk. The sphere draws her greedy interest immediately; odd phenomenons like this usually mean power, and Oizys can hardly get enough of that. To the mare's surprise, the monkey appears to be eating a bunch of brightly-coloured stones, and she frowns - that doesn't look very filling. "You look like you ate a rainbow," she remarks as she eyes the creature's skittle-smeared face.

The gargoyle glances furtively around, hoping nobody else will appear. If that happens, there's more chance of her getting to scoot away with the sphere, and the thought brings a joyous grin to her face. Ker lands on her shoulders and stares at the monkey in confusion, her hungry eyes following every colourful stone as it is devoured.

image credits

Seeking an upgrade to her existing magic:

:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark | Can create lightning creatures that shock on contact. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can create 1 large or 3 small shock creatures; last one post in battle and cannot be larger than Oizys. ]

Upgrade: Can be any size

refusal (it's for the base magic rather than the upgrade so not sure if it counts)

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Rikyn - 04-07-2017

Яikyn
There, usually, was peace and quiet to be found at the Heavenly Fields, but, today, it seemed that there would be plenty of company, instead. With a sigh, I make my way towards the very small beginnings of what is sure to be the usual clusterfuck of individuals, bartering for the things the talking beasts of Helovia (for whatever reason) carried around with them.

Arriving not long after Oizys and Ker, Duir and I chose the route of silence, at least at first. Always seeming to have something smart to say, this girl, we both look over at her sidelong as we come to a stop, and nod in greeting; however, both my companion and I are truly more curious about the gibbon and his glowing light than anything or anyone else who wanders up here. What is it with weird animals eating weird things, and me? They seem to be everywhere, lately.

Lights really close to those gave me you, I tell my companion, having never had such a similar thing directly before me to relate to the story I’d told him at least a few times; the recollection of it earns a moment of bond-bound love rising between us that is surprisingly uncommon. Though I don’t tell him often, I do care for him, deeply, and am glad he came into my life, even if he sometimes wishes he’d been allowed to bond to anyone else.

The glow reflects in his green eyes, flecked with gold, which follow its dancing path with wonder, even more so now that he knows such a glow had been his origin.

"Wonder if this one wants us to steal shit too," I quietly remark aloud to my buck, who scowls in memory of the greedy raccoon, who’d almost gotten us both killed. Fool us once, he says, and I smile, looking back at the monkey with my smirk still in place.

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Seeking an upgrade:
:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark | Ability to manipulate electrical currents in the nerve system to control victim's bodies ]
:: [ Restrictions | Requires intense concentration, and only lasts for one attack or defense with the inability for mind control; lasts up to one post outside battle ]

To:
:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark | Ability to manipulate electrical currents in the nerve system to control victim's bodies. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Requires intense concentration, and only lasts for two attack or defense with the inability for mind control; lasts up to two posts outside battle. ]

No prior refusals.

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Sacre - 04-07-2017

Where I'm heading who knows
But my heart will stay the same

Sacre was following the eager pattering of paws ahead of him as Inari and Ríona led him on a merry dance across the Heavenly Fields, reportedly in search of some creature they had seen and the healer was given no choice in the matter of whether he was coming to investigate or not. He was coming—a fox's word was final. He meandered after them, dragging his cloven feet on purpose, finding their growing vexation in him amusing as they went along. He had often found that the more irritated they got the cuter they seemed and so Sacre often went out of his way to annoy them on purpose. Eventually, when his dawdling finally found the point of interest, Sacre took in the quite odd scene before him. There was Oizys, her trio of horns and roan body recognisable, even if he didn't know who the companion was who accompanied her. The other was Dris Rikyn, the guy who had usurped his throne as King of Spies, and helped that day down at the beach. He nodded a friendly greeting to each.

Their subject of interest was a rather colourful monkey, who was eating equally colourful... stones? What were those? Surely they weren't very nice to eat. Or maybe they were. Sacre, still prone to his lapses of intrusive nosiness, went to inch a little closer, his brilliantly blue eyes on the strange things he was eating.

"Can I try one?" he asked, deciding there was only one way he might find out what they were. 

By his side his two fox friends were gazing at the rainbow smeared monkey with a mixture of suspicion and curiosity, waiting to see if he would share his forage of these multi-coloured coloured gems whilst some strange orb sparkled beside him—maybe they should be more worried about that.

♥︎

man I want some skittles now D:

Also seeking an upgrade from this:
:: [ Magic: EarthxSpark | Can summon foxes made of electricity that shock on impact. ]

to this:
:: [ Magic: EarthxSpark(U) | Can summon foxes made of electricity that shock and paralyse on impact]

No prior refusals.

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Amaris - 04-08-2017

It was a heated trek, the path to the peak of the Heavenly Fields - at least, it would have been, had the dragonmare deigned to walk it. Her skin was still sensitive, the wind tugged and played on it as she flew, but she was for the most part, healed, whole, at the very least, able to fly and explore once more.

She landed carefully, on tender limbs, but was pleased when only a dull ache arose from the action - though the scars across her chest still lingered, glowing silver against her crème pelt and golden scales. She supposed scars were a matter of life; each one held a story, a bookmark to a different chapter, a different memory, recollection. The dragonmare certainly would never forget the encounter that left those marks upon her.

Magic, Dramyrth murmured; he had accompanied her of course, ever-present, ever-loving and ever-curious of the goings-on around them. But he was not speaking of the improved magic she had gained since the encounter that left the scar upon her chest, no; he spoke of new magic, new opportunity, in the form of an orb sitting beside a rainbow monkey.

Perhaps we should move on, the dragonmare supplied, but dragons were probably more curious than cats, and not less than three unicorns had already made their way across to the creature. Amaris knew none of them, though she felt like she should (had she seen the crimson-splashed one around her herdland before? Was one of their Doctors meant to hold his description?). She approached, but hung back, attempting to remain inconspicuous, but that was a challenge in and of itself that she usually failed terribly at.

Dramyrth, knowing no such desires, flew high, noting all present (equine-based and companion alike), and viewed the monkey with a sharp golden glare, before returning to the vicinity of his bonded, to settle upon her rump. Hungry monkey hoards magic, was all he supplied from his observation, leaving Amaris, if anything, more curious than when she first arrived.

wishlist
No prior refusals.
Seeking: Magic: Light x Spark | Can induce 'mindshock' in another, triggering a severe static-y migraine.
Restrictions: Requires permission outside battle. Can only be used once in battle, effects last 10 seconds.
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Pippigrin - 04-08-2017

PIPPIGRIN
FALLEN OUT OF BED FROM A LONG & WEARY DREAM

Perhaps it was only by chance or fate that the mottled pegasus caught sight of the gathering crowd, or even just pure luck. Either way there was no stoping the guardian from soaring downwards towards the rolling hills and dotting trees of the meadow, his wings angling don in the direction of the peculiar team gathering around an even more selcouth creature. What was it!? It had fingers and long limbs!
The alien scared Pippin slightly, even after the hobbit landed he kept a wary eye upon the chimp as he crept behind the blood-stained man.

The hobbit's usual, chirping self was hushed by fear and curiosity combined into one as he peered towards the primate and the colourful pebbles he ate. Where did he get those!? Alien food no doubt; it was from the stars. Not a moment later his eyes drifted to the diamond he possessed, a shining gem that seemed to capture the attention of all others gathered.
Can I try one?
The dark stag the hobbit hid behind was asking to try alien food?! What if it was poisonous!?
"It could be poisonous for you!" Pippin warned, glancing from the monkey to the others who stood keenly watching it. "It's too colourful to be good for you..."

Hi! Pippigrin seeks the following;
Time x ?? :: Is able to stop time around him with a stomp of his hoof.
[Restrictions: Can be used to evade an attack, lasts maximum X amount of time]
No refusals, but please use my VOTG roll! :)

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Bellanaris - 04-09-2017

"We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly."
        -- Flemeth, Dragon Age II

She'd found mamae again. Or, rather, mamae had found her.

And for a moment everything seemed okay again for a time until they once again parted ways. Maybe this time things would be different. Maybe this time mamae wouldn't completely disappear on her. Maybe this time she wouldn't get lost. On the positive side, though, the girl was discovering a lot about this land she'd been born into. She'd seen several places already and now that her joints felt stronger - the swelling had gone down and they didn't become inflamed with vigorous activity. Instead she discovered what running felt like - full on, wind whipping your hair running. For Bella, this was no small feat. Much of her first year had been spent at a walking pace; flying hadn't even crossed her mind. Though to be fair, flying wasn't something her mamae could teach her. Father has wings, she remembers that much, but she hasn't seen him in nearly a year.

How she would learn to fly is anyone guess.
Perhaps she will simply teach herself. It can't be that hard, right?

The sandy colored yearling leaves the dark, bloody forest of the north east behind her and gradually meanders north and west. Most often her pace is still slow and steady, only now it isn't due to pain but rather her own curiosity and desire to explore. She still has her moments though, as any foal does, where she runs and jumps and kicks her heels up towards the sky. Bella's heart is lighter as she explores this time, the direct opposite of her previous journey. Though to be fair, she is healthier this time as well and not just because her joints have strengthened. During her time with her mamae, the Sea Soul, she was able to regain some of the weight she'd lost. Bella is still a slender thing, lean with all the flair of her father's Saddlebred heritage.

She is steadily gaining a bit more grace in her movements, finding it much easier now that her knees and joints aren't so stiff with inflammation. Everything is simply easier. So she ventures on until she comes to a path leading up and with only a moment of hesitation, she follows it. At only a year old, her sense of direction is weak at best and frankly, she still isn't certain how she'll ever get back to the desert where she was born. All she can hope for is to bump into someone who knows but until then she plans to enjoy the moment regardless of what path she happens to be on. The odds of it backfiring on her or biting her square on the ass are likely high, higher than anyone would like, but really... what else can she do? Plop her ass down in the middle of a field and cry until someone rescues her?

Fuck that.

By the time the path leveled out, she felt oddly invigorated. Everything felt closer to the sun here and the sky felt... bigger somehow. Bella's earthly green gaze stared at the wide open sky in awe for only a few measly moments until the sounds of voices steal her attention. As is so often present amongst the youth, her curiosity seems to override all else. She'd already seen a rather large and intimidating Yeti nearly six months ago, and she couldn't imagine anything worse than that popping up anywhere, so the filly approaches with a newfound sense of confidence. Not cocky, mind you, just not timid. Confident yet comfortable, with her wings folded against her sides and her pale silver hair shining beneath the summer sun, soft and silky even in its' current youthful shortness. It doesn't take her long to find them but her focus isn't on any of the various. No. They are of no interest to her right now. The monkey (not that she knows it as such) on the rock, however, is a completely different story. To her it is an unusual creature and so she approaches, placing herself not far from it. Her eyes are very quickly drawn to the wide range of colors covering its' face and hands and she can't help but to offer a smile. "Rainbow colors suit you." she declares sweetly, completely genuine in her youthful observation.

Of course, Bella doesn't even know why she's here or what she's here for. She's simply stumbled onto a gathering with a strange creature at its' core. She still hasn't even seen the sparking sphere on the grass. Not that she would have any idea what it is if she had noticed. Bella may be Helovian born but she certainly hasn't had anyone to teach her about these things. Goodness knows she'll find out sooner or later.

bellanaris

daughter of the sea soul and the golden prince
background credit; portrait credit

No prior refusals.

Seeking: [Magic: Earth x Shock | Can transform into a reddish-brown dragon.]

Using 1 of my VotG rolls, please. <3

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Tiamat - 04-10-2017

The summer sun beats down across the mare’s slender back, haloing the rhythmic movement of her hips and shoulders as she treks up the highland path. When he blue Lady had descended from her beloved mountains, she hadn’t intended to make the journey to the Heavenly Fields, but the myriad of fresh equine scents had quickly caught her interest. Never one to pass up the opportunity of new friends, she had promptly altered her direction, and now finds herself ascending towards her mother sky once again.

Nimue floats ahead of her bonded, lingering along the edges of the path and looking down, her baby blue eyes taking in the expanse of Helovia as it slowly unfolds beneath them. They both marvel at how beautiful it is, how fortunate they are to call such a lovely place home (and staunchly ignoring the sadness that shadows their thoughts, grief that it is all threatened by a horrible, barbaric, and monstrous beast).

Fortunately, they reach the mountain’s summit before Tiamat’s thoughts are allowed to sink any further, revealing a gathering of both familiar and strange faces. There’s a soft smile on her lips as she approaches from behind, weaving around those assembled to catch a glance at the source of their attention. It is a monkey, she recognizes, although the rainbow smudges around his face and hands are entirely bizarre.

She tilts her head to the side, a single ear slanting quizzically towards her companion while she studies the creature. “What strange food that is! More colorful than anything I’ve ever seen,” the sea maiden laughs gently, truly awed by the mysterious candy, before her focus is caught by a particularly familiar figure. “Hello!” She greets Rikyn, settling at his side and smiling brightly at him. Nimue floats around the back of her bondmate (because she is too shy to draw attention) and croons a hello to Duir.

notes; Mentions @Rikyn <3
“Speech.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No prior refusals.
Seeking: [Magic: LightxSpark (A) | Can soothe a broken heart or mind by stimulating the happy/pleasure centers of the brain.]
a bright light—
so no one lets you down.

image credits

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Mihtal - 04-10-2017

This is one of the first times that I have used my newly-acquired key to get off the Throat’s island. Once my hooves had touched the sand of the mainland, I had simply moved, wandering somewhere northbound while allowing the push and pull of the earth to take me where it will. I’m not familiar with Helovia, so I don’t know where I am when my feet stumble onto a mountain path. With my head lowered and the long curtain of my hair shadowing my eyes, I barely comprehend that I continue up, up, and up

Until suddenly, I’m no longer alone.

“Alqaraf,” I choke out.

I feel a surge of coldness rush through my body, freezing my muscles and rooting my bones while I stand there, pale amber eyes wide and foolish and staring. They all seem to be focused on something else, the majority of their backs to me, and I try to tell myself that no one has noticed my approach (no one has noticed, even if I somehow feel their eyes and judgments like needle pricks on my skin).

I’m not sure how long I simply stand there, not saying anything (only that it’s far longer than what’s normal), until finally, I muster up enough scraps of courage willpower to wander forward. I am careful to keep to the back of those gathered, my head lowered and my little body folding in on itself, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. Anxiously I keep to the shadows, tilting my head so that I can peer through the assembly of legs. What everyone seems to be captured by is a creature sprawled over a rock. A monkey?

Why a monkey?

“Speech.”
No prior refusals.
Seeking: [Magic: LightxShock (A) | The ability to block the synapses of the brain from the body, leaving the troubling sensation of disembodiment.]
Run away—
run away if you can’t speak
Turn a page on a world that you don’t need

image credits

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Ingrid - 04-10-2017

Reference Credit

Ingrid showed up looking tired. At this point, she was probably a little too involved in this Herd Quest. She'd already filled her quota for what she, an unranked herd member, actually had to do. Most would have been satisfied, but the quest had given her a way to feel useful, not that she'd ever admit she needed that sort of gratification.

She'd come out here to see if she could find one of the stones, completely unaware that the herd already had several parties out looking for them. That's when she came upon the horses, and the monkey eating... She had no idea what he was eating. She also noticed Amyris, and would have gone to stand by her if her terrifying, winged doom-lizard hadn't been around. She made her way around the group to get a better look at the monkey. "Look at how fast he eats those, it's like he's addicted or something... I bet they're narcotics."

Ingrid seeks Time x Light :: Clairvoyance (A) For suggested restrictions, see her Wishlist No prior refusals.

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Random Event - 04-17-2017

They came. At least the monkey knew that they would, although they were a bit tardier than he would have liked. Oh well. Guess that was a part of the punishment. Still, what made it worse was the silly things they had to say. You look like you ate a rainbow. The monkey rolled his eyes. "Good one." He childishly sneered (although it was clear he was only joking), as he shoved a mouthful of skittles into his mouth, causing a few to tumble down his chest and onto the grass.

More appeared, more silly things were said, until a smart looking unicorn asked if he could have one. Delighted, the monkey reached into his bag and held one out to Sacre. As Pip offered a warning, the monkey sneered again, sticking out his tongue. "Your face is poisonous." He cleverly retorted, sticking his tongue back in his mouth and popping in another skittle or four.

Not wanting to chit chat, the monkey rubbed his rainbow coloured hands on his chest (transferring quite a bit of the dye onto his fur), and standing up. He coughed loudly as if trying to get their attention (which he clearly had), and then began.

"Riddle me this, my little chickens!

I am at the beginning of life, but am not found in death.
I make up half of hell, but can always be counted on to start laughter.
Without me there would be no love or light.

What am I?"

You have 72 hours to respond in character! PM your answer to the riddle to this account! You can simply have your character say something like, "my answer is.." in your IC response!

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Pippigrin - 04-17-2017

PIPPIGRIN
FALLEN OUT OF BED FROM A LONG & WEARY DREAM

Horrified, the pale pegasus watched with wise eyes as the fingernailes phlanges, long and spindly like sticks reached into the scrunchy material to pluck a piece of ranbow and hand it to Sacre. No! he wished to scream, though truly, the young chap was most curious to see what the effects of such an ominous yet vivid gumnut were.
'your face is poisonous'
Pippigrin, who's nose had been pointed in the cirection of Sacre's maw to watch him chew the coloured orb, had now snapped his nares in the direction of the ape. "Hay!" He bellowed. "It is not..." he clarified, pale eyes flicking over those who had gathered and hoping the faces he gazed upon would not be found to be glancing back with numerous visages of disgust.

Turning his hot and embarrassed cheeks away, the hobbit took his wary and ever-so-slightly misty gaze towards the devious ape who had started his train of embarrassment, finding the creature standing proud and at the ready to give what looked like a speech.
The dark words, melodious and the kind Pippin would never expect to hear from a monkey became the gross ambience. A riddle! Oh, Pippigrin loved riddles! A snort errupted from the boy's nares, his front feet flipping with excitement as he strode in a circle, all the while his mind pondering his answer.
All but a few moment's later, the well-practised riddle solver had his answer, and it seemed he was the first.
"I know!" He declared, stepping forth to give it.

Hi! Pippigrin seeks the following;
Time x ?? :: Is able to stop time around him with a stomp of his hoof.
[Restrictions: Can be used to evade an attack, lasts maximum X amount of time]
No refusals, but please use my VOTG roll! :)
Pippigrin's answer has been PMed!

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Mihtal - 04-18-2017

The longer I stare at the monkey, the stranger he seems to become. It is not difficult to assume that there is a certain wit about his character, and while I appreciate his dry humor (and the way he makes my stiff, cracked lips twist into some shadow of a smile), I can’t help but be intimidated by his unrestraint. Who’s to say he won’t call me out for something? Or draw attention to the way I stand, or the way I peer from behind a curtain of dark hair? Suddenly very self-conscious, I shift backwards, sinking further into the shadows.

I curse myself and my foolishness. How weak I am. It is irrational, these fears, but I still can do nothing to control them—already they have a hold on my beating heart and my straining lungs, whispering desperately at me to leave before it’s too late. I can only imagine what they all must be thinking about the little cretin in the shadows—what a stranger and a fool I am.
(And can I blame them?)

Slowly, I attempt a shuddering breath, closing my eyes while I fight the unwelcomed sting of tears. (Really?) I curse myself a thousand times over, because this is pathetic. I blink several times when I finally open my eyes again, tracing a few blades of grass before I look once more to the peculiar, sticky monkey (has he always had those odd rainbow candies?). He’s talking to everyone now, standing upon his rock with a most unruly grandeur.

Then, he gives us a riddle.

I am no master of knowledge, but with a life full of pain and abuse and sex, I have learned a thing or two about riddles—the desert streets of Uumalah had been festering with rotten people, both conniving and cruel. I have had to read them more than once. So, with my mind grasping desperately at this distraction, I soon come at an answer (too quick, it’s too quick). Lingering at the back of the small crowd, I shift my weight uneasily, nearly recoiling when someone else exclaims that they have an answer. Lowering my head, I murmur only for me, “I know,” as inconspicuously as myself.

“Speech.”
No prior refusals.
Seeking: [Magic: LightxShock (A) | The ability to block the synapses of the brain from the body, leaving the troubling sensation of disembodiment.]
Run away—
run away if you can’t speak
Turn a page on a world that you don’t need

image credits

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Amaris - 04-18-2017

More arrived, as they were always wont to do at events such as these. Amaris felt the usual prickle of discomfort, sensation of fidgety, restless energy course through her - she didn't like crowds, never had, though all their attentions were drawn to the curious creature who sat eating rainbow stones, allowing her to relax (slightly, at least). Dramyrth, having made his observations, and picking up on the emotions of his beloved, winged his way back to her, settling upon his usual spot atop her withers. They were far enough away that the monkey 'stole the spotlight' so to speak, with no threat of the dragonmare and her unusual appearance drawing any of the attention away - she was glad for this, it suited her just fine.

From her backseat standpoint, she was able to enjoy the experience much more than if she was standing any closer to the crowd - though she offered a silent nod of acknowledgement to the faces of Tiamat (and her companion) and Ingrid whom she knew.

The monkey drew attention to itself, quite purposefully, Amaris surmised with a smile. Golden ears pricked as the creature spoke up, proffering a riddle of all things to the crowd. The dragonmare was far too curious a creature to deny the pull of the challenge; she simply could not resist a puzzle, a brainteaser, an exercise of wits and intelligence. Amaris listened closely, clutching to every nuance and syllable, hoping for a hint, a key, a blueprint as to what answer the monkey sought. What am I? he finished, and the dragonmare stood in silence, chewing over the riddle carefully, not making a sound lest it be interpreted as the answer she wished to submit. A small pegasus lad exclaimed his possession of the answer excitedly, before stepping forth to give it. Amaris took her time, before following suit, bending towards the monkey and murmuring in a low, but clear whisper to the creature..

Amaris' answer has been PM'ed. :)
wishlist
No prior refusals.
Seeking: Magic: Light x Spark | Can induce 'mindshock' in another, triggering a severe static-y migraine.
Restrictions: Requires permission outside battle. Can only be used once in battle, effects last 10 seconds.
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Sacre - 04-18-2017

Where I'm heading who knows
But my heart will stay the same

Sacre made a small noise of excitement when the monkey reached its rainbow stained hand into the bag and retrieved one of the strange coloured pips, offering it for him to try. The fox-boy stared at it for a moment, ears swivelling and lips twitching in uncertainty at the foreign smelling thing, before he stole himself and carefully took it from the monkey. Perhaps it was poison, maybe it was like that time he ate that other strange thing and his stomach had revolted. Maybe he might die—here lies Sacre, who died whilst eating something he shouldn't have. Not the kind of epitaph to echo down the centuries. The brain always jumped to the most extreme outcomes. 

He didn't chew it straight away, it's smooth surface made it easy for him to roll it around his mouth and, for a while, all he did was play with it on his tongue. It tasted strange and Sacre thought he might lose it down his throat if he didn't bite into it soon. In one chomp he squished it between his teeth and considered the riddle the monkey had challenged them all with.

Riddles. Sacre wasn't very good at them, or so he thought as he had never really had many opportunities to practise these intricate exercises for the brain. He looked around at the others, with the coloured pip now sticking to his teeth, watching their changing expressions before finally he resigned himself to try figure it out himself. He went through each line, played it over in his head again, the frustration creeping up his face as still it eluded him until suddenly he thought he had the answer in a lightbulb moment. "Oh, I know" he exclaimed to the colourful monkey, before he went on to reveal his answer.

♥︎

Seeking an upgrade from this:
:: [ Magic: EarthxSpark | Can summon foxes made of electricity that shock on impact. ]
to this:
:: [ Magic: EarthxSpark(U) | Can summon foxes made of electricity that shock and paralyse on impact]

No prior refusals.

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Rikyn - 04-18-2017

Яikyn

I smile at Tiamat as she arrives, glancing back at the sound of her voice as she cheerfully makes her way among those gathered here; Duir calls out with delight to Nimue, and happily prances his way over to her, to nudge her smooth skin with his nose. In a similar fashion to my buck, proving that, while our hearts are certainly comprised of different things, that we are bonded after all, I reach out with my nose to gently touch the curve of my friend’s shoulder, where her neck meets the smooth, outward ridge of the rest of her figure.

Not surprised when Sacre asks to eat one of the treats, and mostly unimpressed by the remarks of those around Tiamat and I, I cannot help but burst out laughing when the monkey insults Pippin, and the pony reacts with such mass offense. It’s not what the candy-eating fur ball says (which is, lets face it, a juvenile jibe at best), but that the little pegasus warrior gets so flustered.

Not caring what the little dude’s reaction to my laughing is, because I’m not really laughing at him, so much as I am the face he made, I turn my attention to the monkey after my chuckles subside.

A riddle? I like riddles.

"I got an answer for you," I tell him, entirely confident in my wit.

[ Tags for mentions. ]
in every heart a hole
Image Credit

@Tiamat @Pippigrin

Seeking an upgrade:
:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark | Ability to manipulate electrical currents in the nerve system to control victim's bodies ]
:: [ Restrictions | Requires intense concentration, and only lasts for one attack or defense with the inability for mind control; lasts up to one post outside battle ]

To:
:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark | Ability to manipulate electrical currents in the nerve system to control victim's bodies. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Requires intense concentration, and only lasts for two attack or defense with the inability for mind control; lasts up to two posts outside battle. ]

No prior refusals.

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Bellanaris - 04-18-2017

"We stand upon the precipice of change. The world fears the inevitable plummet into the abyss. Watch for that moment and when it comes, do not hesitate to leap. It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly."
        -- Flemeth, Dragon Age II

So the monkey wasn't interested in idle chatter. That much was obviously clear. The smile that decorated her face only moments ago simply fades with the revelation. His impatience and irritation soon grows rather abundantly clear to the young girl but her curiosity simply roots her to the spot. Green eyes stare unabashedly at the monkey, examining every piece of hair, every line on its' face, every color - memorizing the scene before her the way a painter might before getting to work. She focuses in on the smaller details, the ones that might otherwise be overlooked but she isn't truly aware of what she is doing. At only a year old, it is simply automatic.

To a certain extent, her youthfulness almost puts her at an advantage. Her knowledge base might not be as large as the others but her mind is open, free from the deep complexities or instinct for searching beyond the obvious for the answers. Bella merely listens, her small form tucked to one side with her creamy feathered wings hugging her sides - as comforting as a blanket when the night becomes frightful. The monkey offers one of his small brightly colored pebbles to a dark stallion and shoots a retort towards the small winged stallion. His retort garners some chuckles from the gathered crowd. Bella might have joined in the laughter had she not been so focused on the monkey but her oddly intense focus overrides the desire for involvement in such games.

Before long the monkey smears rainbow colors across his chest as he stands and, with a loud cough, presents them with a riddle; or at least she assumes it would be called a riddle (the monkey did call it that, right?) Bella barely even mulls it over before the answer is plain before her eyes. Yet still she waits, quiet while the others move forward and present him with their own whispered answers. When her turn arrives, the girl moves forward and brings her lips as near to the monkey as she can. There is a quiet confidence about her as she moves, but yet there is something strange as well. She is very certain as she declares her answer in the softest whisper and her lips curve upwards slightly in a devious sort of smile as she steps back to her place.

bellanaris
daughter of the sea soul and the golden prince
background credit; portrait credit

No prior refusals.

Seeking: [Magic: Earth x Shock | Can transform into a reddish-brown dragon.]

Using 1 of my VotG rolls, please. <3

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Oizys - 04-18-2017

There's a collective shit-load of others who have arrived, and the gargoyle's eyes narrow as she acknowledges the fact that each other person means a slightly lessened chance for her to win whatever is being offered. She swishes her leonine tail in displeasure and pins her ears slightly, not towards anybody in particular but hopefully just enough to register her considerable displeasure at the amount of competition. Hopefully whatever task they're given will offer the young mare her chance to excel, her opportunity to shine.

That chance lessens even more when the monkey states his riddle, however. Oizys has to stifle a groan - she's terrible at riddles. She's a bright girl, but not bright enough to work out obscure answers to ridiculous questions, and she contemplates turning to leave rather than risk embarrassing herself in front of these other horses who will probably get the answer within a couple of seconds. Deciding to give it a slight attempt for pride's sake, she runs the riddle through her mind. What happens at the start of life...well, mares often fart when they're giving birth, right? And a fart's guaranteed to cause laughter....she's not sure if it's half of hell, but she sure wouldn't want to spend an eternity in someone's fart-stench....

But then...ah! The soldier has to stifle a joyous bellow as the answer comes to her, so simple, so obvious! "I know!" she confidently announces, bounding over to the monkey to whisper her answer. She resists the urge to take one of his sparkling sweets - they might give her the shits, and nobody wants that.

image credits

Seeking an upgrade to her existing magic:

:: [ Magic: DarkxSpark | Can create lightning creatures that shock on contact. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can create 1 large or 3 small shock creatures; last one post in battle and cannot be larger than Oizys. ]

Upgrade: Can be any size

refusal (it's for the base magic rather than the upgrade so not sure if it counts)

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Tiamat - 04-18-2017

The blue Lady’s smile can’t help but deepen when Rikyn reaches out to her, a soft breath escaping her nostrils while white eyes glance sideways towards him. Nimue is equally as delighted—if not more so—when the earthen deer comes over to greet her. Her sleek body arcs in the air, and a series of soft croons and clipped whistles leave her in contained excitement, the bright blue of her eyes dancing as she coils herself once around the stag in greeting.

‘Friends.’

The little whale’s soprano voice coos affectionately through their mental bond, and Tiamat shares a knowing smile with her companion, agreeing wholeheartedly. The rumbling sound of Rikyn’s laughter soon has her looking back again towards the peculiar monkey. He sneers at some of those gathered in play, poking and teasing, while his sticky fingers smear rainbow streaks across his chest. “He’s a spunky one, isn’t he?” Tiamat murmurs to the dark stallion, chuckling under her breath.

However, the monkey seems to ‘get down to business’ when he stands upon his little rock, looking out to all of them and commanding their attention. The Ocean’s Light tilts her head in curiosity, the dainty shape of her ears twisting forward when he gives them a riddle to solve. She hasn’t had much practice with riddles. “No love or light…” Tiamat murmurs to herself, pursing her lips in thought and musing over his clues.

Almost by instinct, her mind picks apart each one of the monkey’s words, searching for a deep and significant meaning to this puzzle of his. However, when her lips mouth the words to herself, the ocean Lady is suddenly hit by realization. Of course! Her eyes light up with excitement, pleased with herself and clearly enjoying this little game. Oh! I think I’ve figured it out!” The sea maiden nearly squeals in excitement, prancing forward to give her answer to the monkey.

notes; Mentions Rikyn <3
“Speech.”

No prior refusals.
Seeking: [Magic: LightxSpark (A) | Can soothe a broken heart or mind by stimulating the happy/pleasure centers of the brain.]
a bright light—
so no one lets you down.

image credits

RE: Riddlez n' skittles [Spark/Time] - Ingrid - 04-19-2017

Reference Credit

The rainbow smeared monkey got to his feet and started talking all official-like. Ingrid snorted. He clearly thought he was clever, much more intelligent than any clumsy, nervous horse could be.

When he addressed them, Ingrid made a few loud clucking noises, just for dramatic effect. At 16 hands, she wasn't exactly a little chicken, but she could play the part. The monkey proceeded to rattle off a weird riddle, and had the nerve to expect them to answer it. She rolled her eyes, "You've got a little somethin' there on your chest, pal," she quipped. Something about this situation felt oddly familiar though, and she got the feeling that it was in her best interest to give it a try. Family? Nudity maybe? I mean, in New Rheven we had burial cloths... Actually, no. I think I've got it. She grinned at the monkey, "First, I'd like to point out that those things you're eating look an awful lot like multicolored deer droppings. Second, here's your answer..."

Ingrid seeks Time x Light :: Clairvoyance (A) For suggested restrictions, see her Wishlist No prior refusals.