HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] !! You'll Make It Through Another Night [Joining] - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] !! You'll Make It Through Another Night [Joining] (/showthread.php?tid=27205)

!! You'll Make It Through Another Night [Joining] - Noxia - 04-27-2017

Noxia
And it only hurts when I'm breathing
My heart only breaks when it's beating
Continued from [here]

Hmm. Was the journey long?  She... She honestly didn't remember. She didn't remember much other than being at home one moment, and then arriving in this forest the next. The time in between was... a blur to say the least... You mean the six months were a blur. You don't even remember them. So yeah, Nox. It was a really long journey. She swallows once and offers what looks like a shrug before allowing the words "I guess so," to be mumbled. Hopefully that would suffice, because she could only guess that she had traveled far away from her lands to appear here.

After the slight shock, Lyanna said that she would love to have Nox come live with her - agreeing that many horses didn't like being alone. Nox felt her heart swell a little. She wouldn't be alone.Thank the gods. She really was not meant to be out there alone at the moment. Apparently, the land was beautiful - and the view from the cliffs sounded interesting. So, Nox tried to focus on that thought - of seeing something beautiful and vast - in order to start to reduce the level of the nerves that were floating through her system.

"How... how many are there? Others I mean... Are there are a lot of people there?" she says as they come up on the glass wall that surrounds the Edge. Her head raises, staring at it in awe before feeling the nerves settle back in completely. What if there were too many people? What if there were too many people always around for her to be able to function consistently? Oh, was this going to be a horrible idea?!

But you know you can't survive alone. So you're going to do it anyways, Nox. Regardless of how much your nerves act up or your anxiety comes into play. You will still do it.

@Lyanna

Image Credit

RE: !! You'll Make It Through Another Night [Joining] - Lyanna - 04-28-2017

- sometimes in the wind of change -

She doesn’t pry more into the mare’s past, figuring it’s time to move on to the future anyway. She’s happy to talk as they walk, leading her to the Edge. It is, at least, not too terribly far a walk, though she’s used to making it in the air. It’s not all that often that she manages to find someone in the Threshold, and even less often that someone wants to come back to the Edge. Which is fine, so long as they all find the right place for them. She’s not there simply for numbers, but to find those that she can help, those that want to come to the Edge. Even if it’s only temporary.

“You know, I couldn’t say exactly how many, but there’s a good number of horses in the Edge. That said, there’s plenty of places to sneak away for some quiet time too.” It doesn’t touch the number of horses in Helovia, but still, the Edge was almost always active and it was rare there wasn’t something to do. Soon enough, the familiar iron gate comes into view, the glass spikes lining the rest of the border around the gate. Somedays she’s tempted to remove those damn spikes because they seem so forbidding, but with Kaos lurking, perhaps the defense was useful.

She nods, moving through the gate and the forest that greets them, moving toward the cliff. “We have all sorts of jobs here, if that sort of thing interests you. Warriors, sneaks, crafters, healers, and philosophers. But you certainly don’t have to have a job, and you can choose later too.” She tries to fill in only the basics, letting the mare ask the questions that interest her so it doesn’t just end up being information overload.

And then, the cliff comes into view. It is, thankfully, a beautiful and clear day. The sky and sea stretch to meet each other in the horizon, white clouds dotting the blue sky above them. Below the waves roll and crash against the rocks and the side of the cliff, the sound muted from their vantage. “What do you think?”

- we find our true direction -

lyanna

@Noxia

RE: !! You'll Make It Through Another Night [Joining] - Akumi - 05-02-2017

Akumi was relaxing near the edge of the cliffs when she saw an unfamiliar face beside the face of her Queen. She never really properly introduced herself when she came to the edge a month ago in Birdsong. Deciding she would meet the newcomer and at the same time introcuce herself to her Queen and pay her respects, she calmly and collectively walked over to the two.

Seeing their faces looking out to the edge and the sea below, she made a small noise in her throat to warn them that she was approaching, lest she get a kick in the face or scare anyone. “Hello Lyanna, my Queen.” She said in a friendly tone before bowing her head to the ground sinking a black knee into the grass. Raising up she then directed her attention to the other, lighter-colored, mare. “Hello miss.” She said sweetly, lightly dipping her horn in greeting.

Then, speaking to both this time, she introduced herself. “My name is Akumi, I’m a philosopher.” Her warm tone waved through the air to meet their ears. Akumi perked both her curved ears forward as much as she could, their curved tips almost touching.

Akumi

image credit

______________________________________________________________________________________
@lyanna @noxia

OOC: Hope you don’t mind if I join! Just thought I’d like to welcome our new herd member.

RE: !! You'll Make It Through Another Night [Joining] - Noxia - 05-02-2017

Noxia
And it only hurts when I'm breathing
My heart only breaks when it's beating
A lot of horses. Okay. So, it wouldn't be too horrible? She said there were places to sneak away for quiet time. So, Nox could hide on her own for a bit then when her anxiety began to spike. A breath is exhaled, though probably a bit too loud and in a manner which sounded far more like a sigh than an actual breath. Nox's eyes shift around, nervously looking toward Lyanna in hopes that the mare wouldn't be insulted by Nox's relief at the idea of still having space while staying near others. Then, finally, her eyes begin to linger away from the wall - resting on the spikes protruding from the ground.

Yep. Totally safe. Perfectly safe. No one's getting in here without permission apparently. Good gods almighty you might have found the most protected herd this world has ever known. I'd say that's good going Nox. Good going.

With the nod of the pegasus' head they move through the gates and into (whaddaya know) more forests. Though, she can tell that the forest will begin to thin out as they head closer to the cliffs - which is a plus for her frazzled brain that couldn't navigate her way around the trees. Perhaps she would just stay by the cliffs for a bit... not venture too deep into the herd lands until she could start to get her bearings. Lyanna begins to speak of the jobs and Nox's brain tries to follow what most was said. Though, in all honesty, she probably only truly understood that of warriors and healers. Her eyes linger for a moment on the blue tints to the mare's locks before finally looking outward toward the beautiful horizon and the sky she had missed so much. "P-philosophers?" she inquires, trying to figure out what kind of job that would even be before she is questioned on what she thinks of the view.

"It's beautiful..." she says as another dark mare arrives in the group. Except, you know. This time she has a horn on her head instead of wings. "Horns too... we can have horns now?!" she whispers before catching the phrase "my queen" uttered from the other mare's lips. "Wait... Q-Queen?!" Nox is suddenly frozen in place, eyes widening as she stares toward Lyanna. Well, this was awkward. This was definitely awkward.

The other mare's name was Akumi, and she did her best to keep that stored away in her brain before forcing her social skills to begin to function once more. "N-Noxia. I'm Noxia." She stutters it, still in shock with the horns and wings and the whole situation with the fact that there was a queen standing right beside her.

Oh. This will be fun. This definitely will be fun to watch.

@Lyanna
@Akumi - You're good :D It's open for a reason!
Image Credit

RE: !! You'll Make It Through Another Night [Joining] - Lyanna - 05-05-2017

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

Lyanna doesn’t blame Noxia at all when she issues her sigh of relief. Everyone needed time to themselves, herself included. She was often alone, truthfully, working in the garden or the greenhouse, running here and there to collect herbs. She never minded the time spent to herself doing her tasks, though she appreciated that there was company to be found when she wanted it as well. For the number of horses that lived in the Edge, it was relatively easy to find quiet time as well. Though she wondered if that would remain true, now that she was Queen. It was much easier to be left alone when she could busy herself in the garden.

They pass the spikes and Noxia doesn’t stare at them in horror as a few have done. They elicit different responses. Though after seeing the Basin and the Throat, Lyanna can understand their purpose. The Basin was nestled into a mountain, rather hard to get in and out of, even by flight. The winds over the mountain didn’t really allow for aerial invasions. And the Throat was an island, though at least one could fly into that. The Edge, by comparison, had had nothing. The spikes, at least, were something.

She likes the cliffs at least. Before Lyanna can answer about philosophers, another joins them. She recognizes the mare that joins them, though she hasn’t been properly introduced. And soon the unicorn is calling her my queen, and Lyanna finds it rather shocking. She shakes her head slightly, smiling. “Lyanna will do just fine,” she says. She was never born to be Queen. Only a princess, and that had been enough. The title feels strange to her still, and she’d rather just be herself. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Akumi.”

Her attention is pulled back to Noxia, who’s now questioning about horns and the fact Lyanna is queen, and she does her best to give the other mare a reassuring smile. “I’m about as shocked as you that I’m Queen,” she says with a laugh, at herself here. “I was appointed recently. So, I’m a terribly new queen. As for horns, like my wings, they are usually something you are born with. You’ll find there’s all manner of equine’s in Helovia, some far stranger than the next. We are pretty standard, comparatively speaking.”

She pauses for a moment, hoping that’s not too much. But there’s so much to this place, Lyanna doesn’t quite know how to answer all the questions without information overload and more questions. Hopefully she doesn’t end up scaring Noxia away. “As for philosophers, Akumi here can probably do a better job explaining than I can, but they have two primary jobs. The first is to collect the stories of the Edge and Helovia, like historians. The second is to commune with our Goddess on occasion, and relay the information they get from our Lady Moon to the rest of the herd.” She pauses, realizes that’s a whole new can of worms. Gods and Goddesses. She turns to Akumi, letting the other mare fill in the details that Lyanna might have missed.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Noxia - sorry for the wait! the last few days have been super busy