HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] she eyes me like a pisces - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: The Regions (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: The Regions (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Aurora Basin (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Thread: [O] she eyes me like a pisces (/showthread.php?tid=27227)

she eyes me like a pisces - Rhodoc - 05-01-2017

I'm standing near the frozen arch, waiting, thinking as I sometimes do, and my mind immediately falls back onto the inevitable suspicion that I do not belong.

When I glance over my shoulder, I see the crisp bowl that sits deep between the mountains, and I realize that I'm staring the Basin right in the face. I just kind of stand now, ears flickering, tail swishing, observing the place which I call home. I dig the Basin―even despite my current mental state. When I think of it, I think of strength: a trait I'm finding unanimous among the locals. And then there's me: all drugs and sex and fun. I squint harder at the Basin before me, wondering half-assedly when that common trait will find its way into my genetic makeup.

The way I see it, I've got plenty of time.

Until then, I'm going to keep doing whatever. Unlike a lot of the Basin folks, I don't really have a specific duty. This, I decide, is a good thing. Call it what you want, but I'm not much of a worker and I'm more than content to relax all day in the spring or around the greenhouse.

But evening is fast approaching, and so I take advantage of the final remnants of sunlight I'm going to get until morning. The nights in the Basin are brisk, and I often jolt awake and wish for warmth. Standing beneath the frozen arch, among the wack-ass Sentinels, I pop a hip out and just tan for a little, closing my eyes in pleasure as the sunlight warms my skin.
art © sky

@Zunden sorry this took a bit!

RE: she eyes me like a pisces - Zünden - 05-02-2017

Zünden
They days were slowly growing cooler, whispering of Orangemoon's approach. It had been a long time since the mare had gone through a winter in the Mountains, and she wasn't really looking forward to it. Now that she was grown, it wouldn't be so hardto get out of the Basin when it did really start to snow. She could remember finding a path that lead out of the herd, where the trees sheltered the ground from massive mounds of snow. Now her legs were long enough and thick enough to plow a way out the front  grate.

She was used to being alone thanks to her time on the road, but that had been different. Then it had been hard to find others that suited her tastes. Now she was surrounded by horses, she could smell them everywhere, yet she found herself alone most of the time. Her breath huffed from her lunges. Sure she wasn't the most cuddly of beasts, but she wasn't the harshest,or the craziest if she remembered correctly. She could be fun, depending on what you thought was fun. Several things had been tried while she was outside of Helovia. Drinking was one high on her list of pleasures. It loosened her up and made her more like a lady her age should be. 'What I wouldn't give for a drink right now.' She turned her eyes towards the horizon trying to find something to distract her mind.

A figure standing by the sentinels caught her attention. It appeared to be a large mostly black unicorn relaxing in the last of the evenings sun. Her dappled body moved slowly forward. There wasn't any need to hurry, it didn't look like they were going anywhere soon. As she drew closer the figure turned out to be a rather handsome stallion. His base coat was black, but glimmered with a hunt of purple. His mane and tail were tipped with a pleasing blue color. A smooth, true, smile slipped over her face as she watched him.

Her normally gruff voice was a warm deep purr, "Hello handsome." She halted close to the stallion her eyes slowly moving over his well built body. He was taller than she was, but that was only a bonus. She liked larger males, they lead to strong foals. She cocked her own round hip out enjoying the sun that danced over her varnished grey hide. "Better soak up all the sun you can before Orangemoon sets in." She grinned and watched him her eyes still moving slowly over her body. "The winters here are pretty damn harsh." The information wasn't hard to figure out, hell they lived in the north. It seemed like a good ice breaker though. "I'm Zunden by the way." She tossed her name out like it ment nothing, and to her names didn't mean anything. Parents had to have some way to get their foal's attention, but other than that did it really mean anything? She turned her eyes to his bright purple ones. She wondered how many others out there had dual colored eyes like her own.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Words: 520
Tags/OOC:  @Rhodoc
Talking Thinking

Image Credit

RE: she eyes me like a pisces - Rhodoc - 05-02-2017

The weak, golden warmth crawls over my dark coat like a kindness. With Orangemoon's arrival approach comes shorter days, and I savor the fleeting fingers of the sun's touch as it begins to sink below the mountains. The sunsets in the Basin can be nice, too, by the way. Like now, for example. Off in the distance, the sky starts to purple and the underbellies of gathered clouds are painted a fiery orange so delicious looking that I wish I could stick out my tongue and eat it right up. Perhaps if I had Weaver's wings, I would.

So I'm standing there, beneath the frozen arch, thinking about how the sky tastes when a voice startles me from my thoughts. It's coming from behind me, and I turn toward it. It's a voice made of raw honey - the best kind of voice to hear just as the sun goes down - and the deepness of the vocals pretty much beg my attention. The voice calls me handsome, and my ego swells as it should. Setting my ears forward, I turn my head to find a mare, pretty enough, with a dappled coat of ash and snow and an intriguing two-toned gaze. Balancing on top of her head is a set of low-hanging horns. "Were you looking at my butt?" I ask, mirror the stranger's smirk after a moment. After all, I was just standing here, admiring the sunset or whatever, and I do know that it happens to be very nicely toned.

I watch, delighted to share the sunlight with company, as she juts her own hip out to enjoy the last bits of warmth the evening has to offer. The sun plays patterns over her dappled skin, making the lighter parts iridescent and somewhat ghostly. I turn my face back to the sun, closing my eyes again. "Ah, winter. I keep hearing that it's a real bitch here." It's all anybody can talk about. And I can see why. "Where I'm from, it snows, like, once or twice tops during Frostfall."

She tosses a name at me now, and I store it into my head. I've been meeting a shitload of people in the Basin recently, and all their faces are starting to blur together. Fortunately, nobody quite looks like Zunden here, so I doubt I'll have a hard time keeping it straight. "I'm Rhodoc," I say back, wish a swish of my leonine tail. I open my eyes against the sunlight and turn my face toward her. "I don't think I've seen you in the Basin. Tell me, what kind of things do you do for fun around here? Y'know, besides freezing your ass off." Because I'm always looking for ideas.
art © sky

@Zunden

RE: she eyes me like a pisces - Zünden - 05-23-2017

Zünden
Yellow and green eyes slipped over the handsome dark colored stallion as he stood lazily under the arch. Then he turned and asked a hilarious question drawing a hearty laugh from the mare. "So what if I was? It's quite muscular." She winked playfully as she drew to a stop beside him. His eyes flit over her and she wishes that she was more feminine,that her hair grew in thick locks like the other mare's. Instead she had been cursed with her father's thin mane and tail. She swallowed the sigh that threatened to puff from her mouth. 'Oh well, he doesn't seem to mind much.' He didn't call her out on it or stare at her mostly bare neck. "You know, looking at someone's butt isn't always a bad thing." She smirked teasingly at the attractive man.

Her ears pricked forward to catch his words about the winter. "Well, brace yourself for snowmageddon." A soft chuckle rippled from her lips as ogled him openly. Some men hated it, while others lapped it up like horny kittens. "You know, just because winter sucks, doesn't mean you have to be cold. Her yellow eye winked suggestively careful to look at his face and try to catch his reaction. It would be great if he agreed, maybe they could practice sooner rather than later. She had always hated the winters here in the Basin, seeing as she was always cold and lonely.

His name is strange as she rolls it around her mind before storing it away. Names and titles had never been hard for the dual horned mare to remember. It would be hard to get anywhere in life without that trait. If you couldn't remember your superiors you might slip up and say the truth about them. She smiled at the dark hued man as he opened his eyes enjoying how beautiful they really were. "I was actually raised here, then left for a bit. I'm not the best at socializing." She wondered how he would take that tidbit. "Well, I usually don't stay in the basin to be honest, there is a lot to do in all of Helovia. Strangers everywhere wanting to spar, nothing like kicking someone's ass." She laughed softly, "When I was traveling I discovered how much fun fermented apples could be." She smirked as she remembered eating them one time and waking up unable to remember anything besides have a few of the bitter apples. "Maybe would could find some together some time." She winked again and chuckled softly her thin tail swaying behind her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Words: 431
Tags/OOC:  @Rhodoc 
Talking

Image Credit