HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Don't shoot the messenger - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: The Regions (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: The Regions (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+---- Forum: Aurora Basin (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Thread: [O] Don't shoot the messenger (/showthread.php?tid=27415)

Don't shoot the messenger - Yael - 06-02-2017

yael

Zani is mostly obscured  between her shoulders, wing feathers, and cloak, peeking out with very tall, pricked ears to see all that is happening around Yael. He squeaks and chirps, shuffling about with tiny paws, but is very loathe to leave the warmth of her body heat and cape. She can feel his excitement, eagerness, and curiosity, but also the chill of his nose when he’s spent too long watching the world around him. She chuckles, ruffling her feathers to provide a soft area, and mentally making a note to ask him to be careful of his claws - but he is so young, now, and this outing comes mere days after he came into her life.

They have much to learn about each other, and she is very much looking forward to every minute of it.

After hearing a wonderful story from Lena, Yael calls out to Rikyn, getting down to the work she’s been sent to do. “Reekyn! Can I borrow you for a moment? I also need to find Tiamat, eef at all posseeble.” Which means that it’s important - not just meaningless chatter. She waits for an affirmative response, while Zani makes a decision to pop up, chirping loudly at the strange stallion, and clambering half out of her heavy cape. A singular, tiny paw pokes out, moving up and down towards him, his tiny little button of a nose wiggling wildly.

“I guess Zani likes you… or ees terriblee curious, I’m not sure at ze moment.” Yael smiles, reaching back to nose the little guy. As she turns back to the Basin Lord, she begins a brief explanation. “I xaf information for you. About Kaos.”

At the God’s name, the spotted kitten begins to purr.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Rikyn  
@Tiamat  
Aaaaand we're just going to pretend Zani was with her the whole time because I want to write him ^_^

RE: Don't shoot the messenger - Tiamat - 06-04-2017

Well my heart is bigger than the earth—
“Reekyn! Can I borrow you for a moment? I also need to find Tiamat, eef at all posseeble.”

The sound of her name catches the sea Lady’s attention, one of her dainty ears slanting sideways before her head follows suit, white eyes searching through the darkness of twilight. Before she even catches sight of the Basin’s Lord, she already knows who it is that asks for their attention. Even though she has only met Yael a small handful of times, the little golden mare’s accent is wholly unique. The three of them had become quick friends since their meeting in the Endless Blue, and Tiamat is eager to hear what the gilded pegasus has to say.

Ambling her way over in the direction that Yael’s voice had come from, the Ocean’s Light smiles when she catches sight of her two dear friends. “Yael, hello!” She calls out to the Edge’s Seer, halting in front of her at Rikyn’s side. A brief nudge against the dark stallion’s neck is given in a wordless greeting, while her pearly eyes remain primarily focused on their winged company.

“It is a pleasure to see you again, friend,” Tiamat smiles kindly at the other mare, choosing to offer her appreciation before satisfying her curiosity about the pegasus’ message. The urgency in Yael’s tone is obvious, which leads the ocean mare to assume that whatever she has to say is important. Nonetheless, she will not allow Kaos to rob her of life’s small pleasantries. Only then does she lean her weight forward, ears erect and attentive. “What news do you have of Kaos?” Tiamat waits for her answer with baited breath.

“Speech.”

@Yael | image credits

RE: Don't shoot the messenger - Rikyn - 06-08-2017

Their children will learn to hope for a Caesar.

Yael’s voice turns my head back from where I’d been making my way back to the dance floor, hopefully to rejoin Rhodoc, or find a lady to tap toes with; pausing my step, I wait for her to catch me, greeting her with a smile that rises over my selfish impulses to pretend I hadn’t heard her. It wasn’t nice, for one, and also was not something a Lord should do; even mother, a contemptuously selfish cow by nature, stopped to talk to each and every one of those who wanted her attention. Those memories were numerous in the reels of my mind, and the thought of being less than she was flooded me with a sudden resolve to deal with doing nothing I wanted, for the sake of these one dozen conversations to the side.

Not that I disliked Yael. Any other time I might have been easily lured into her company, to discuss whatever, but I’d had my sights set on Sikeax and the other women surrounding the stage.

"Hey Yael. She’s coming now," I answer, noticing the blue mare noticing us, and making her way over; I am drawn to the pegasus’ companion by its mew and reach, having not noticed her before. My eyes immediately soften, and my ears lift up, a truer smile dancing across my face unbidden at the sight of the playful kitten.

"What kind of cat is she?" I ask, having never seen one before, before looking at the arriving Lady Tiamat with a grin. The gentle touch of her muzzle on my neck is met with a warm smile, my own muzzle reaching out towards her to brush her on her neck or shoulder in greeting, as well.

It’s her who brings the conversation to Kaos, rather than cats, and I nod after Tiamat’s question and make eye contact with the golden mare, to let Yael know that I am listening.

@Yael @Tiamat

RE: Don't shoot the messenger - Yael - 06-08-2017

yael

Lucky for Rikyn, Yael hopes to keep this little session quick, unless the two of them have any questions about her time in the Marsh. She is sure that they have also done their due diligence, sending patrols that have undoubtedly come across strange things, like the patrols of the Throat. She is in quite the peculiar position, though, feeling more like the servant of two masters than ever before. Painted in Gold and Black, she spends half her time in work for the Moon and Edge, the other half contemplating the generosity of Kaos and paying with Zani. She finds it hard to believe that he would stoop so low as to give her a spy for a companion, knowing full well the emotional bonds they share in this world.

It would be more than callous to rip him from her - it would be barbaric, devastating, it would create a monster of Yael, irredeemably changing her for the worst.

If Kaos is trying to bribe her, to lure her away from the safety of the herds, it would take more than a kitten to sway her. But the Moon advised cleverness and warned of a change… so she settles herself in for another life upheaval. Resigned. Ready. Adaptable. It is the key to survival.

Ears and eyes flick towards the approaching blue form, giving a nod to indicate that she sees the Lady, and will wait until the mare is nearer. But until then, she extends a wing to allow the clamoring kitten to climb down, chuckling as he tumbles none too gracefully from her shoulders, sending a golden feather floating down to the ground. “Xe ees a serval. A cat from near my xomeland…” Zani’s ears and oversized head turn towards Yael, a questioning mrow? projected up at her. “I von’t be long… just vatch out for xooves, ok?” He scampers off, but not before giving a curious glance up at his bonded’s new friends.

“Sorree, xe ees so cureeous. Xello, Tiamat. Eet ees vonderful to see you too. Zis ees a lovely festival! I apologize for eenterupteeng eet vit business…” The pegasus gives a little shrug, for she truly is sorry to detract from the festivities, but some things can’t be helped. “I vas een ze Marsh vit Lyanna, Isopeea, and Amaris vhen I deescovered I could read ze markeengs on ze altar. Eet vas ritten een ze ancient language of my xome. T’ey say Peace, Power, Forever and Kaos Vill Save. Kaos xeemself confirmed ze translation.” She takes a big breath then, continuing on like a train on a straight-away. “Ze Goddess seems to t’ink change ees coming. But vhat, she could not say. Only to be logeecal and be careful not to let our emotions get een ze vay.”

The newly minted Seer carefully leaves out the part where Kaos gifted her Zani, or said that she could thank him by spreading the news of the words on the Altar. No, this can come under the guise of cooperation between the herds. And Zani? Well… Zani is all hers and she’ll be damned if they look at him differently.

On another note… “I saw ze Spark vas xere. Any news from xeem?” To be honest, she doesn’t expect anything, but it is her duty to inquire.

Image © littlewillow-art

@Rikyn  
@Tiamat  
Oh hai novel

RE: Don't shoot the messenger - Erebos - 06-08-2017

Take just what I came for

He’d been late again, too overwhelmed, too burdened by his inability to reach for the stars when the murk and mire had claimed his eyes; gazing ahead as Rikyn and Tiamat met with someone he vaguely recognized (from days of bare amusement; cleaning for a God who’d eventually conspire against them, throw bones in their faces, sharpen his knives on their spines). The General, situating himself into the surroundings on simple curiosity and exploits – because the certainty of wanting to know had never left him, not now, not ever, and he walked into the remnants of the conversation as the gilded femme informed their monarchs about the altar of Kaos and its cryptic writing.

On their recent journey to the Marsh, all he’d been able to conclude was that the spectral gatherings were odd - the dashes of spring life bubbling from the surface, the bizarre anomalies enshrouding the world of noxious, nefarious fumes – as if everything had been turned upside down, nonsensical. A world anointed and consecrated by blood and acrimony should’ve been an empire of absolute bedlam and catastrophe, not veiled, not blooming, and his ears twisted, listening to the way in which the Pegasus had read the encryptions, the codes, the chiseled bits of writing left on ash and cartilage. He missed the way Enyo (half-serval herself), chirped and cooed at the fellow companion, too enamored and tempted by the sway of conversation, by the information presiding over their walls.

He bowed his head towards his chest, always regal in his rogue, warrior entity, a prince before a General, extending his salutations before diving into the circumstances. “My apologies for interrupting. General Erebos at your service,” and the smile he wore was large, broad, akin to Cheshire beasts and their charismatic ways, tilting his head, enamored with the possibilities of the tale – the combinations of peace and power, how far they’d extend, how Kaos intended repose when he’d thrown monsters against their marrow. “That’s quite a gift you have,” he pulsed, grin still there, truthfully impressed with her ability and cunning – to read over what had been etched and sketched into rubble and ruin. His head swiveled to Rikyn and Tiamat, briefly absorbed in thought, pondering if he should reveal what he’d seen amidst the Frostbreath Steppe – then shifting back to the golden mare, driven by the sharing of information. “Very interesting. My patrol recently came across a bear that attacked another of our herd. After we’d slain and skinned it, it returned to life – which we thought reminiscent of our time when Kaos exposed his true nature.” How was sanctuary and tranquility to be brought back by raising the dead? Or was it all just one more farce, just one more ruse, to catch and ensnare and rip them apart?

[Bunnie said I could come. :D]

image credits

@Rikyn @Tiamat @Yael

RE: Don't shoot the messenger - Yael - 06-14-2017

yael

“Yael, Seer of ze Edge,” she replies formally to the General after he introduces himself, dipping her long head down to bop against her chest for a moment. She vaguely remembers him from bone-gathering, but to be honest, neither of them had been paying much attention to the other, so all-encompassing was the conflict between the clones before them. “T’ank you,” and a small smile continue on, followed by, “Eet ees really a circumstance of birt and luck.” And in the little foreigner’s eyes, it truly is a lucky happenstance that Kaos chose to write in the ancient language of her people – Yael still doesn’t know why he did, or where he learned the melodic, twisting words. Her people have been around for centuries, wandered whole continents and survived a thousand tormentors who would seek to eradicate them. Truly, the knowledge could have come from anywhere, but she does find that he would use a monotheistic relgiion’s language as his chosen platform.

Anyway. Moving past theology and philosophy to what really matters – how these things affect their life. Her head bobs up and down once more. “Yes, I xaf heard of bote good and bad t’ings xappeneeng while ozers are on patrol, but not kite like zat. Eet ees… ah, deesturbing, to say ze least…” And once again, makes her question Kaos. Surely, like most Gods, he is capricious and bestows favors on those he likes, while attempts to warn or smite those he doesn’t. We know which category Yael falls into, but what about the other Helovians? If were trying to win them over, why send an undead ice bear? What is the difference between Yael and others?

”Ah… unfortunately I do not xaf any ozer eensight for you…” This conversation truly exposes how much Yael doesn’t know, thinking perhaps, that others might be as open minded as she is. But the truth is that most of the other herd leaders have been very skeptical – polite to her face, but she can see the iron walls go up, seedlings of information left outside to wither in the hot sun.

And in then end – what if they are right to throw up those walls? What if it is Yael who ends up being eaten by undead ice bears when the beasts of Kaos come to reclaim the world. Would she be lumped in with friends or foes? And then there is her newfound Mistress… whom she imagines would not take kindly to a turncoat, even if she is trying to promote peace.

Image © littlewillow-art

@Tiamat  
@Rikyn  
@Erebos