HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
:: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Updates (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid (/showthread.php?tid=3493)

:: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Official - 12-01-2012

QUOTE OF THE MONTH

Code:
"Quote"<br>
<i>-- Character name in <a href="">thread title</a></i>

Current
"I wonder if the Wise Ones in other herds have dragon cults? she thought, flicking her ears back for a moment. A part of her was beginning to wish someone else had picked her up at the threshold. The reptile fad at the Edge really put her, well, on edge."
-- Ingrid in Pitch of the Year

Nominated
"...his frown deepens even more when something that looks like magma begins to ooze from the marking. "Ah, kis hollo, our son seems to be...leaking?" That isn't something he's ever experienced before."
-Volterra in October road

"'Hello?' he called, feeling incredibly awkward. 'I think you lost your… coconut?'"
-- Ezital about a companion egg in in Here They Are, All Standing in a Row

"There is beauty there, beneath the ugly face of suffering, and perfectly beautiful minds lurk beneath the frays of despair – she opened my eyes."
-- Noah in visitors [common SS drop]

"How could one so entirely lovely, not pluck the strings of a liable heart?"

"I love Nora. She is bound to every single beat of my heart and if it is Aurora Basin that brings her comfort, then that for me, is the nearest thing to home."

Previous
click here to see previous winners!

Criteria
- QoTM recognizes an IC quote that is particularly profound, amusing, spectacular or inspiring
- Any user can nominate several quotes by posting them here with a LINK to the ORIGINAL thread
- Though it is not required, nominations should have a brief reasoning as to why the Quote should be considered
- Nominations close and voting begins on this thread in the last 5 days of the month. Any user can vote, but only one vote per person, and only choose one of the month's nominees.
- The quote nominations must have been made during the month from the first until the the first of the 5 day voting period
- Any quote made within the 5 day voting period can be nominated for the next month
- You cannot nominate yourself
- You cannot vote for yourself, and votes cannot be changed.
- You must be on your OOC account to vote.

Rewards
If you win QoTM you may:
--- Put the QOTM badge in your profile
-- Choose one of the following:
--- amulet
--- small marking
--- small item

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: VOTE - smitty - 06-01-2017

Congratulations, Ingrid!

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Sarah - 06-01-2017

congratulations Ingrid!! :D

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Hawk - 06-01-2017

Congrats Ingrid!

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Thranduil - 06-02-2017

"...his frown deepens even more when something that looks like magma begins to ooze from the marking. "Ah, kis hollo, our son seems to be...leaking?" That isn't something he's ever experienced before." -Volterra in October road

Because after several days this still makes me giggle. XD

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Bunnie - 06-02-2017

Congrats Ingrid!

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Ingrid - 06-02-2017

Ahh thanks you guys!

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Beloved - 06-05-2017

"'Hello?' he called, feeling incredibly awkward. 'I think you lost your… coconut?'"
-- Ezital in Here They Are, All Standing in a Row

guys its a companion egg LOL

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Juniper - 06-09-2017

"There is beauty there, beneath the ugly face of suffering, and perfectly beautiful minds lurk beneath the frays of despair – she opened my eyes."

"How could one so entirely lovely, not pluck the strings of a liable heart?"

"I love Nora. She is bound to every single beat of my heart and if it is Aurora Basin that brings her comfort, then that for me, is the nearest thing to home."

I am a sap for cheesy romance speeches like this. I couldn't figure out my favorite long from his dialogue so I picked three of my favorite parts. I hope that's okay!

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - smitty - 06-30-2017

Hey all! We will still be having a final round of OTMs! Noms will span from 6/1 to closure on 7/7.

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Volterra - 07-02-2017

Was it just a myth with no foundations in reality? Or was it, as she suspected, because Volterra could impregnate a rock if he just tried hard enough?
- Erthe in oh dear

Because ALL OF THE LOLS AND THE TRUTH

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Erebos - 07-02-2017

Your goal is to stand above the creature, to move your mother away from it- and you will use force, if necessary.  "This is Iskra's companion," you somehow manage to both bellow and hiss, "And you will not touch it, because YOU abandoned him, and he deserves something that will love him- because you're a fucking shit Ma these days!"
-- Zero in soulbound and heartbroken

First of all - this whole frickin' thread could be nommed, but damn did I love Zero standing up for his brother against his very scary mother. <333

RE: :: Quote of the Month :: Ingrid - Savera - 07-02-2017

' She aimed to do more than stand amidst the soil and allow it to beat against her; she was too proud, too bold, too audacious. Her grin, never faltering, beamed and illuminated as she whispered back into the fold, winking at the younger lad. “I hope you won’t always be a bystander.” '
-- Melita in Pandora's Nest

Because Melita is destined for greatness, and she's gonna take you all with her, like it or not