HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[THROAT] I Lost My Faith in the World [Open to All] - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [THROAT] I Lost My Faith in the World [Open to All] (/showthread.php?tid=4058)

I Lost My Faith in the World [Open to All] - Destrier - 12-21-2012

D E S T R I E R
~~~~~

The sound of iron against rock rang out in the Threshold. It was an unpleasant nuissance among the quiet that hung in the air, an unnatural noise, if one could not instantly place it.

The stallion was adorned with a sleek black coat now that winter was gone from the land. A long, wavy mane stretched towards the ground, slapping against his broad chest as he moved along. The iron horseshoes nailed into his hooves continued to smack against the terrain, undoubtedly giving away his presence. While they were a blessing sometimes, they were also truly, utterly annoying.

Picking his way through the forest, the Friesian kept his wits about him, nostrils flaring as he took in the wide array of scents. This place, while he had not sighted another soul, was teeming with others like him. His steps were deliberate, meaningful, and he carried himself with purpose. He was not afraid in this new land, not at all, but he could not help but wonder if he would recognize anyone. There had been a great battle not long ago, one that he had charged into like a thousand times before, and it had scattered several of his comrades in the crossfire.

It was the rememberance of the great battle that made the stallion's ears tip back, and a great sadness washed over him. His boy, his brave, brave boy, for as good a warrior as he had been, had not made it out this time. The stallion wanted blood for whoever had done it, but it was impossible to find the single culprit amongst all the action, especially when he had come to a dead stop to try and rouse the boy.

'Damn them all,' the Friesian glowered in his mind. He was unsure how long it would take to get over the loss, if ever; he and Bran had been together for nearly seven long years. With a rough exhale, the soldier lifted his head and tried to rid himself of these thoughts. As much as he loathed it, he needed to focus on where he was, and what he would do now that Vallea was not his home.

ooc - Bear with me while I get used to him and get a feel for the personality I want him to have!

[Image: WarFriesiancut_zps9013be72.png]

Image Credit

RE: I Lost My Faith in the World [Open to All] - Note - 12-21-2012

[Image: 50ceb46754fc8]

Note walked briskly through the threshold, mind set on going to the Heavenly Fields. He liked adventures, and this was definitely going to be one. The dusty bay stallion stared straight ahead, his sharp green eyes reflecting his concentration. But Note wasn't good at concentrating.

The familiar clip-clop sound of a horse's hooves met Note's ears, and he stopped. He pricked his ears forward, listening for the heavy clop.

There it was.

And again.

The sound was coming closer to him.

He inhaled deeply, the smell of a rogue horse meeting his senses. He snorted, not in annoyance, but in curiosity.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Note called, looking around anxiously for the horse he had smelled. Maybe he would meet a unicorn, or an equine, or a fellow pegasus! Maybe he'd get to bring the horse back to the Throat. He did hope it was a pegasus, it'd be easier for the being to get into the herd, but the Throat would accept anyone.

Note shuffled his hooves as he waited for a response, but kept a cold, calm demeanor. He wasn't going to let the newcomer think of him as a young stallion who couldn't handle his own emotions, wether the new horse be mare or a fellow stallion.

[OOC: It's fine! I think you did a good a job c:]

RE: I Lost My Faith in the World [Open to All] - Destrier - 12-21-2012

D E S T R I E R
~~~~~

His head snaps up at the sound of another, ears twitching forward in attentiveness. It is an innocent question, and the tone is of nothing but curiosity. It was difficult to tell where the source was coming from due to all the mixed scents, but the Friesian had pinpointed the general direction of the voice, and began to approach.

"Yes," he called back in answer, carrying himself over the unfortunate body of a fallen, decaying tree, continuing on for a short ways until his dark eyes fell upon the winged being. The stallion came to a stop, simply observing the bay's dull coat and the earthly colored wings folded at his sides. In Vallhea, to own a Pegasus or a Unicorn was something rare, something to be cherished. Many people sought them, but their failure far outweighed their successes.

His gaze was not cold, instead warm, a look of welcoming cast towards this shorter male. He knew not the position of the Pegasus, whether he be the leader of some herd, a civilian, an outcast... or even a slave, for all he knew. Still, he would show the other stallion all the respect in the world, until he had reason otherwise. "Hello," he spoke up, a gentle smile tugging at his black lips, "I am Destrier, new to this place. Where exactly am I, anyways?"

Image Credit

RE: I Lost My Faith in the World [Open to All] - Note - 12-22-2012

"Yes," came the reply Note had been waiting for. The unmistakable voice of a stallion. He smiled to himself, then took a few paces forward only for the new horse to reveal himself to Note. His smile widened at the sight of the friesian, pleased to have met an equine to possibly bring back to the Throat. He had never brought a newcomer to the Throat, but he was willing to try to for the sake of this friesian.

The new equine who faced him had a warm look in his glowing, welcoming eyes. He had stopped, but why? The friesian was much taller than Note, and was nothing to be feared, nor was he any kind of respected member of a herd. Note went along with it anyways, ruffling his feathers as the newcomer spoke.

"Hello, I am Destrier, new to this place. Where exactly am I, anyways?" The friesian, Destrier, said, a slowly climbing up his black maw. Note tossed his mane to the right, his dark gray mane falling upon his nape and covering his stripes on that side.

"I'm Note, a soldier of a herd called the Dragon's Throat, but don't worry, I'm not here to fight," Note laughed softly before continuing, "the land you stand on is part of a place called Helovia. There are four herds here, the Dragon's Throat, the World's Edge, the Windtossed Foothills, and the Aurora Basin. There's also some wild lands surrounding most of the herds, but there's too many to name. Then, there's the outcast groups like the Pirates, a band of horses living at the beach, and the Grey, a mercenary group. None of them are very bad places, just some are full of very bad horses...the Throat's a nice place, though. It's in the middle of a desert, but it has a beautiful oasis, and wonderful leaders, erm, a wonderful leader," Note said, his sharp green eyes flicking away from Destrier, but quickly went back to meet his again. Their Sultan had been demoted, and Note was still adjusting to the change.

"You won't have any chance of getting into the Basin, but the rest you might be able to get into. If you want, I can take you back to the Throat. I'm sure our Sultana, our leader, will have a great pleasure in meeting you," Note smiled, his green eyes softening. All he really wanted to do was make sure Destrier found a home.

RE: I Lost My Faith in the World [Open to All] - Destrier - 12-22-2012

D E S T R I E R
~~~~~

'Note,' he repeated in his mind, foldering it away in the depths of his memory for later use, along with the name of this land. Helovia. This earthly hued stallion proclaimed that he was a soldier, much like himself, and instantly Destrier regarded him with a particular spark of interest. However, he remained quiet to that and listened well as Note told him of the four herdlands. The six months he had spent alone in his younger years had been lonely and difficult at times, and he could not see himself going through it again. A herd was the way only way for him, even if a mercenary group did sound appealing.

He was sure that all of the lands had their own unique features, holding a beauty all their own, but this soldier before him seemed to speak fondly of his own home in the Dragon's Throat. A twinge of curiosity filled Destrier's mind, however, at the mention of this supposed Aurora Basin. He would not stand a chance? "Why not?" He asked aloud, unsure of when he might get another chance to ask such. He paused a moment, allowing the other to answer if he wished, before he continued on.

"This home of yours, Note, it sounds lovely," as he spoke, there was the slightest dip of his head. The Friesian had not missed the hesitation in Note's words; there must have been some recent sort of change in his home, but he wouldn't touch on that now. "I would love to come and see it for myself some day, but..." He trailed off then, as if losing himself into deep thought. The talk of all these lands had interested the stallion, and while Note's home did sound like a wonderful place, he wanted to see what else was available in this Helovia before coming to his final decision. Exhaling softly, his brown eyes lifted back to the bay. He hoped that he wouldn't anger the younger stallion, but judging by his demeanor, it was unlikely. "I am thankful for your welcome, Note, but I would like to explore these other lands before I come to a final decision. Whatever my decision, though, I do hope that we can cross paths again one day."

ooc - I'm sorry, Bry, but since the Edge is so lacking in members, I think I will send my new boy there :o But I do love Note, and I would like to thread with him again some time!! <3

Image Credit

RE: I Lost My Faith in the World [Open to All] - Note - 12-22-2012

The Aurora Basin. Note felt like kicking himself. Why had he said that? The bay had been so into telling Destrier of the herds, he had forgotten crucial information. "The Aurora Basin is a 'unicorn only' herd. Most everyone there is racist, but there are some genuinely nice horses there," Note said, his sharp green eyes dulling a bit.

Note had never understood why racism was necessary, after all, if they were going to live on the same planet, they all might as well get along. "I would love to come and see it for myself some day, but...I am thankful for your welcome, Note, but I would like to explore these other lands before I come to a final decision. Whatever my decision, though, I do hope that we can cross paths again one day," Destrier spoke.

"Don't worry about it, I'm just glad I could help you in some way," Note smiled, his eyes perking up a bit. "The Foothills are north of here, the Edge to the west, and the Basin is to the northwest. And if you change your mind, the Throat is south of here," He explained, nodding in each direction of the herds, "Maybe if you head up a little farther north you could find a few of them."

[OOC: I understand, it's fine with me c: and, we could set up a thread one day ;D]