HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
Blessed tales under moonlight || Moon Goddess, Open - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Blessed tales under moonlight || Moon Goddess, Open (/showthread.php?tid=6006)

Blessed tales under moonlight || Moon Goddess, Open - Hellena - 02-27-2013

Some call the fog daunting, obscuring, thrilling. I called it beautiful, gracious and informative. These mists were my home, since my birth, since the Gods threatened to destruct the entirety of Helovia. I am a survivor, I have seen leaders come and go, members come and go, I have even made friends and connections along the way - but they have left, where I have stayed. The World's Edge is not for everyone, this is a fact that I discovered eons ago, and yet still I allow myself to be drawn close to others, still I feel an ache within my breast when they leave.

Sometimes it does well to guard against those who would just leave in the end.

My lithe, pale frame walks with steps of precision, delicate, purposeful, and graced by the cool, damp embrace of the mists. My tail, long and leonine, seems to orchestrate the curious substance, with every sweeping motion, it strokes the mists into shapes, shadows, tales. I am a dreamweaver, where one sees insignificant shapes and colours, I see the future, the past, the present, I see everything amidst this misty cloak that would otherwise hide all.

But tonight I seek something more, I seek an audience with the patron Goddess of my lands. It had been a great length of time since my discussions with her, though her mists always do guide me true, there were times in the last year where I had prayed to her and received nothing in return. Turning upon a heel, I redirect my path with light steps, weaving my lithe, deerlike body through the path that even the most devoted member of the Edge would not find without my guidance. I smiled to myself, wondering who might be attempting to take stealthy steps in my wake to track my whereabouts - if any at all.

I reach my destination, the mists dance and embrace me with their cool, damp fingers, rolling over my frame, my pale hide blending in with them. I tilt my horned crown to the skies, the midnight light reflecting eerily off the shine of the rounded edges of the slender sword. My violet eyes seek out the Goddess, her similarly hued bodice, her smile and knowledge that would bless me with foresight into past, present or future events.

"My beloved Lady, my most revered Goddess, I beseech you to bless me with the sight of the mists, to hear and understand what messages you might have for your humble servant."

And then my tiara bowed, my long horn scraping the ground as it swooped along the arc I carved, my bodice awaiting with hope and faith guiding it, for a result from the mists to be revealed to me.

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

RE: Blessed tales under moonlight || Moon Goddess, Open - Random Event - 03-03-2013

The GOD of the MOON

Moon god like quote here~

The misty snares of the World's Edge had captured many a soul to never return, but not Hellena. She was the master of the fog, keeping her way through her strong and beautiful connection to the darkness that embraced her tightly. As the white tendrils of moisture swirled around her slender legs and tightly wound into her pale tresses, the darkness spoke to her. Tall, green firs blocked out the stars in the sky, and a wind rushed past, rustling the leaves and pulling the mist back. The breeze turned and twirled into a tight maelstrom until all of the fog was densely packed into one figure.

Two, bright silver eyes opened from the mist as well as a small smile. The rest of the Moon God's figure followed, the fog turning to a deep lavender and solidifying. Cloven hooves stepped soundly onto the ground, depressing the grass, and the stars once more shone overhead, casting a light and shadow from her very real body. "Hellena," she murmured affectionately, walking close and embracing the ancient mare tightly by wrapping her ornate neck around her friend's withers.

"I apologize for my silence as of late, but the invasion has just now begun to die down among my own family." She gave a tight, irritated expression for a brief, transient moment.

Then the Goddess of the Moon paused, standing very close to the native Helovian. The smile returned. She knew that her brothers had caught onto the fact that she had openly favored the Qian over the unicorns who used to reside here, but how could she not? Mirage and her followers loyally followed her teachings and embraced the night. Was she expected to turn her back to such devoted individuals? Hardly.

However, that meant that she had to play her game very quietly, delicately. "What is it that you seek from me today, Hellena? Speak your mind. I will answer what I can."

CREDITS

RE: Blessed tales under moonlight || Moon Goddess, Open - Hellena - 03-10-2013

With the patience of a silver stone, I wait. There have been times a plenty when I have resided here, slept here, lived here almost permanently, awaiting a response, leaving only when I was sure that response was either never going to come, or, the response did come. It was usually a misty tale, a contortion of the shadows playing on the wind, though on very rare occasions I was fortunate enough to spy the lunar Goddess herself, to embrace her and show her my devotion openly, presently. As the mists began to revolve around me, I could not contain the excitement, the smile, the happiness that danced upon my features. I lift my tiara from its bowed position, violet eyes chasing the ways in which the wind crafted the foggy substance into something more real, yet undeniably more unreal because of the intrigue it existed by.

When her form stands before me, warm and welcoming, I cannot help but feel my limbers legs scramble towards her, yearning for her touch, her approval - and when it is given, with her tiara draping about my own thin withers, I feel the excitement within myself become realised all over again. The touch of her immortal frame against my own is something difficult to describe, it is as if the wind has become tangible, colourful, as if the very breeze that shifts the leaves on the trees around is palpable, real. I feel rejuvenated for her touch, my beliefs and hopes - that had never disappeared - had come once again to the forefront of my mind, so hidden they had become by the absence of my Goddess. And then her voice graces the wind that touches me, it speaks my name, and I feel doubly rejuvenated, superbly happy that she recalls me as a friend just as I do to her.

We shift, and I more than happily accept the near presence of her, feeling undoubtedly small even though she stands as not much taller than I - the very way in which she exists in Godly, and I cannot help but feel my mortality by her side, even if I am blessed with long life due to the ancient bloodline that my father possessed. She speaks of her brothers - I had felt the cosmic shift, the awakening, the return of another God, the balance shifting as four corners instead of three supported the land that is Helovia. I can only wonder at what she alludes to, and though I yearn to know, there is little point in my questioning further for it - I trusted my Goddess enough to know that she would enlighten me to anything that would threaten my livelihood here, or that of the Edge and its members. She asks me to speak, and I have to pull myself from thoughts of wonder to thoughts of purpose, remind myself why I sought her here.

"My liege, I forget myself in your presence." I dip my tiara once more, greeting her formally as I did when summoning her. "The Qian has proven to be good for the lands, they prosper where others have struggled, though I have interjected my opinion on the matter of several less-than-desirable individuals attempting to gain entrance onto this hallowed soil." I began, speaking plainly of the herd that had ousted the last band of pure unicorns. Though I myself would only ever consider a unicorn mate, I am otherwise impartial to the other races, I find that while we host more equines that others, good and evil can exists in any creature. I digress, however. "I have even come, to care for a few of them." I say more quietly this time, commenting on the comfortable affection I held for the more outstanding members, like Thor, ever present at the borders, welcoming newcomers to the herd, or Ink, the silent observer. Even Mirage herself had heralded enough respect from me to warrant a polite liking of her.

"I ask, my Lady, whether there are any threats in our foreseeable future, anything that might disturb the peace in which we live in, however fragile it may be. We are always on guard, madam, but if there is anything that might crawl past even our most wily Protectors, I should like to know." For while a threat might get past the mortal creatures that protect our borders, never would it get past the Goddess of the Moon, sovereign ruler of the night sky and all that lies in between duck and dawn. With ears tilted forward, and eyes never leaving her own, I await for the moment when I might hear her breezy song once more.

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

RE: Blessed tales under moonlight || Moon Goddess, Open - God of the Moon - 03-25-2013

The GOD of the MOON

Moon god like quote here~

Such a loyal, pretty friend. The Moon God smiled upon Hellena in a way no one else managed to make her smile. Her silvery friend was her closest confidant, the oldest, wisest and most willing of all. Regardless of whose hooves resided in this land, she remained, steadfast and bold. Wars, the crumbling of Helovia prior and even in this new age, the mortal seemed to possess quite immortal strength of will among these trees. Her trees. How could the Moon God not feel kinship with such everlasting love? The embrace lasts as long as it should before much more pressing matters begin to pass.

She lavender goddess smiles, pride filling her chest. "Your judgement of who is allowed in this land is being respected?" she asked curiously. Though the Moon God held faith in the Qian as her loyal supporters, she knew that Hellena would tell her the truth one way or another. "And please, Hellena. You are a dear friend, blessed, and loved. Your words place me on a pedestal when I desire you stand at my side." Carefully, the purple mare used her whiskered muzzle to tenderly push some of Hellena's forelock from her lovely eyes.

When Hellena admitted caring for a few of them, the goddess smiled a little, a smirk turning up her lips. "And has a stallion caught your eye yet?" she asked pointedly, eagerly awaiting that reply.

The Goddess sighed at her question and furrowed her brows. "Much is unknown. Since the arrival of brother time, a shadow has been cast over the future. He has that effect, and I believe he does it on purpose," she grunted in irritation, tossing her head to punctuate her point. "What I do know is that danger is pressing upon the Edge. You should be ready. The targets are unknown to me, but more than one exists. "

"As if that was not enough already, the entirety of Helovia is under duress. Soon enough, a crack will form, and I can only imagine what will come. Be ready to look beyond the surface into the soul. Not everything to come will be as it seems. Prepare both mentally and physically. My most honest advice to you is get to know each other, deeply. Know when even your friends are not themselves."

CREDITS