HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Heartstrings - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Heartstrings (/showthread.php?tid=6916)

Heartstrings - Destrier - 04-13-2013

WILL YOU RISE ABOVE THE PAIN
OR WILL YOU SIMPLY COME UNDONE?

I found myself lost in tumultuous thought as I picked my way through my home. My mind was plagued with worry for my beloved home and the threats that had recently been presented towards it, such as the Assassins, two of which I had stopped from venturing any further into the World's Edge and gathering valuable information. Of course, I had not known of the group at the time, nor had the others; they had simply wished to shoo the insolent yearling that dared strike out at one of our own members, and I had stood proudly at the side of my brothers until they had taken their leave.

But in light of recent events, it seemed that the group was no longer a threat towards our members nor our land. My thoughts had quickly drifted from the Assassins to more internal problems, such as the mess that my family had become. My children, as well as myself, had all fallen into despair at Tor's departure. Her explanation had been short as to where exactly she was going, and it had pained me to no end not to hold her back, and demand more information from the pale draft that I had managed to fall for. Yes, she had returned by now, showing her face out of the blue at a herd meeting nonetheless. Her sudden appearance had surprised me, causing my muscles to tense in an awkward manner. I was happy to see her back and well, with a smile upon her face, but I couldn't help but feel somewhat betrayed. It was obvious that my children held similar feelings towards their mother, and while I didn't enjoy knowing that fact, I found myself unable to blame them.

Despite the recent negativities in my life, there had been good points, too. The Dragonheart's tournament had many pining for the open positions as Captains, as I had always known them to be called, except here they were described as Wingleaders. I held enough confidence in my own abilities to enter the competition myself, and while it had been trying at times, I was happy to have defeat my first opponent, Smoke, and eventually come out with the very title of a Wingleader. I had not come out unscathed, however. My left shoulder was still bare of hide in some places, but it was slowly beginning to grow back. The fire produced by Smoke's dragon often left me sore on the most bitter mornings, and I was certain it would become a scar in time, a constant reminder of the things I had put myself through to get to where I was now. I was gracious of my new title, and would be sure to uphold it with dignity and respect to my brothers in arms, although I would have done the same regardless of receiving the title or not in the end.

As I walked along the cliff-side, I breathed a gentle sigh, and tried to wash the myriad of thoughts from my head. Instead, I tried to focus on the things around me. While some might think them mundane, I took joy in admiring the simpler things that were around me each and every day. Drawing myself to a halt, I cast my gaze to the right, looking out across the great sea that surrounded my home. It was dappled in a brilliant assortment of pinks and purples, with an ever present underlay of blue. The sun was just beginning to rise from its bed in the east, casting a golden hue against my pelt as I took in the gorgeous view laid out before me. It reminded me fondly of my home in Valhea, whenever Bran and I would partake in an early morning ride through the mountains. Those times had always been my favorite, for they were free of pain, free of anger, and free of loss...

The thought of Bran caused me to snap out of my musings and shake my head; less than a year had passed since that fateful war when I had lost Bran, that wild haired boy that I had loved so fiercely for so many years. If I could turn back the clock, I would have gladly taken his place in death, for he had so much to live for. As of now, I could not say the same for myself, having two children to watch over and a herd to keep safe. In the back of my mind, I wondered, would Bran be proud of me for my choices, for becoming a militant leader? Or would he be disappointed that I had fled the battle and ended up here, instead of returning to Valhea?

I inhaled deeply, barrel expanding before I slowly exhaled it, willing back an onslaught of tears that threatened to well in my chocolate eyes. This was not a day to reflect on the more despondent parts of my life; this was a time to be happy, to rejoice in the new life I had been given and be thankful.

"blather blather blather"

RE: Heartstrings - Kiara - 04-13-2013

Kiara</style>
World's Edge Nurse
----------------------
wake me up
wake me up inside
I can’t wake up
wake me up inside
save me
call my name and save

me from the dark
</style>

Her belly was huge.... It was very clear now that Kiara was indeed carrying a child, even if it was unwillingly. Her emerald eyes no longer held the sparkle that she had gained after arriving in Helovia. In fact other than she was now going to be a mother, everything had gone back to the way it had been when she first arrived. Her fear of any male had tripled. Well with the exception of four. Madryn, Maskan, Breeze and Torasin. Once she had returned, the roan remembered that it was the now Moon Doctor she had fought along side in the battle for World's Edge. Her white blanketed rear was marked with four pink scars, two on each side from the horns of one of the former residents. Her mind was wheeling with what it was going to be like to be a mother, if the child ever decided to arrive. Her outside wounds from trying to fight the father of her child were healing thanks to Mirage and her care. Washing away the pain in the creek had helped after all. But how was she going to raise a child when she was barely not a child herself?! Her mind turned again to the males she trusted. Would one step in as a father? No she could never ask any of them to do such a thing. She wasn't even sure she wanted to keep the child. Madryn and Maskan as far as the roan knew did not know anything of her attack. Breeze well.... He had been gone long before she had gone to see about her mother... Torasin she honestly did not know well enough to ask to do such a thing. Besides he was an important member of the herd. Surely he had a mate with a family within the herd.

She reached the cliff side, wondering if it just wouldn't be better to throw herself off the edge and be done with it all. No... no that was the coward's way out of a problem. She was stronger than that right? Emerald eyes widened when the light of the now rising sun revealed she was not alone out here. A stallion, tall and black in color was not far away. The salty sea breeze did allow the fem to catch his scent, and she relaxed a slight bit as he smelled of the Edge just like she did. She did not fully relax, as he was still unknown to her. Surely she should trust the males of the Qian... none had ever hurt her before.... But she just couldn't do it. Oh how she wished to be bold and strong like the other mares that called the Qian their family, but she just couldn't. Emerald green eyes studied the knight from afar instead. He was very handsome, which made it ever more intimidating for her to try and speak to him. After all, who would want to talk to a over sized mare? Snorting she kicked at her belly with her left hooves, wincing as tiny hooves answered her kick from inside. Why wouldn't the child stop tormenting her already and be born? But no the little one seemed to be like his or her father and like to cause her pain. Slowly she turned away from the stallion, accepting that she would never have a happy family with one like him. After all, as the father of the unborn child said... She was good only for a foal producer, as long as the foal was a colt. A shiver ran down her spine as she let her emerald gaze return to the crashing waters below.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com

RE: Heartstrings - Destrier - 04-15-2013

WILL YOU RISE ABOVE THE PAIN
OR WILL YOU SIMPLY COME UNDONE?

In a moment, the wind picked up and tousled my mane gently, pulling me back to the present and out of my musings. There was something other than salt and pine among the wind, however, and upon realizing this I turned my head, eyes falling upon the speckled mare standing some distance away from me. I could not recall ever seeing her before, but I could tell that she was no intruder to these lands. My face set into a gentle smile in her direction, but almost as quickly as I had spied her, she turned away.

Perplexed, I began to ponder the mare's strange actions and watched with troublesome eyes as she kicked at her belly. Her barrel had expanded beyond what was normal for an equine, and it didn't take a genius to guess that she was with child. Did she not wish to carry it? A brief flash of Tor crosses my mind, of when the pale maiden herself had been stretched to her limits while carrying the twins. Little had they known at the time, though, that there were not one, but two bodies nestled within her barrel. What a surprise Laila and Luken had been to us, a blessing that I would undoubtedly cherish until the end of my days.

With concern in my eye, I move from my position and begin to approach the appaloosa, dropping my head in an attempt to appear as non-threatening as possible. The last thing I wanted to do was to scare her off. "Excuse me," I spoke up before I was too close to her, drawing to a stop when I thought it a comfortable distance. There was worry in my voice, and at the forefront of my mind was the longing to assist her if I was able. "I am Destrier... I do not mean to bother, sister, but are you alright? Maybe I can help."

"blather blather blather"

RE: Heartstrings - Kiara - 05-07-2013

Kiara</style>
World's Edge Nurse
----------------------
wake me up
wake me up inside
I can’t wake up
wake me up inside
save me
call my name and save

me from the dark
</style>

(OOC: Sorry for the wait, started this a billion times and lost muse half way through)

Green eyes widen in fear as he notices her. Not only does he notice but slow, trying to be non-threatening comes closer to the young girl. She however reacts in fear, her body trembling waiting for the beating that could come. No, he is of us... Surely no one of the Qian would harm another. With that she steeled herself, trying to keep her outside calm as the fear raged inside of her heart and mind.

His voice was, kind. Genuinely kind and calm. Her body relaxed as he spoke.. Until he asked what was troubling her... The dove looked back out over the edge of the cliff, wandering if she should just remain silent and jump off the edge into the surely rough waters below. Then she and the bastard child would both perish... Mirage's word's echoed in her mind... "The foal will be born and raised into the Qian, to be loved and accepted, just as you are, Kiara. It will not be judged for the crimes of its worthless sire." The child had the chance of being alright... or not being like it's sire...

It was then she realized the stallion named Destrier was waiting on her to speak.. "Only if you can go back in time and stop me from even returning to my birth home could you help me....." Her gaze was cold as she looked back to him, wishing she did not fear stallions the way she did. Her dreams of love and family had been smashed. After all who would want to raise another stallion's child? Sure she knew of mothers that had done it but that was different. Without thinking she spoke her own thoughts. "Or know someone that could love a broken mare and her bastard child." She quickly turned her gaze back to the waters. Oh how inviting they looked. But no, she would not do that... yet. That was not the way out of this. The only way out was to do as she had begun to do before... Face her fears....

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
cliff image by John and Tina Reid at gettyimages.com