HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
shimmer-glimmer [Crash Course to Mauja] - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Stealth Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: shimmer-glimmer [Crash Course to Mauja] (/showthread.php?tid=7384)

shimmer-glimmer [Crash Course to Mauja] - Mauja - 05-01-2013

shimmer-glimmer,
halo, corona,
wander and tinker,
pokerface,
black ace.
go to the ruined city.

RE: shimmer-glimmer - Kri - 05-01-2013

Kri protects Sumati.

shimmer-glimmer,
halo, corona,
Halo could be a reference to angels and thus wings, a pegasus reference.
Corona is a crown, and Sumati is leader.

wander and tinker,
pokerface,
Sumati is very manipulative and cunning.

black ace.
Ace of Spades is known as a "death card", and Sumati has murder in her past.

go to the ruined city.
She is currently visiting the Edge, the former home of the Plague.

edit;

Kri also blocks Midas.

shimmer-glimmer,
Reference to his gold highlights and magic.

halo, corona,
Again, halo for a pegasus reference.
Corona meaning crown could refer to the old legend of King Midas.

wander and tinker,
Midas wanders about a lot and also has crafting magic.

pokerface,
Reference to a recent thread with Mauja where he hid his emotions.

black ace.
Color reference. Black and white tobiano = black and white card.

go to the ruined city.

RE: shimmer-glimmer - Mauja - 05-01-2013

Nuu. :]

RE: shimmer-glimmer - Mauja - 05-03-2013

Crash Course was sought.

shimmer-glimmer,
halo, corona,
appearance ref: both halos and coronas are things which outline/are around something, shimmer-glimmer is to make you think bright/shiny. Crash Course's markings are all lined by silver.
wander and tinker,
breed ref: he's a gypsy vanner, which is a breed also known as Tinker Horse. Furthermore, the Romanichals (who bred the horse) were travelers.
pokerface,
personality ref: "He is very in control of his temper and doesn't show emotions very easily."
black ace.
appearance ref: think a deck of cards, they're usually white, and if it's one of the black aces it's black on white.. and Crash is a black tobiano!
go to the ruined city.
relationship ref: he's in love with Arah, or something, and Arah lives home in the Basin! So, of course we want him to go to her. "The Ruined City of Arah" is a Guild Wars 2 dungeon, and if I google "the ruined city" there's at least two The Ruined City of Arah links, as well as several related searches about it (with various tags like armor, maps, etc).

RE: shimmer-glimmer - Tamme - 05-03-2013

shimmer-glimmer,
halo, corona,
appearance ref: both halos and coronas are things which outline/are around something, shimmer-glimmer is to make you think bright/shiny. Crash Course's markings are all lined by silver.

I knew this was an appearance reference from the start, pass.

wander and tinker,
breed ref: he's a gypsy vanner, which is a breed also known as Tinker Horse. Furthermore, the Romanichals (who bred the horse) were travelers.

Another name for a gypsy vanner is also a tinker horse, and the gypsies were nomads. Pass.

pokerface,
personality ref: "He is very in control of his temper and doesn't show emotions very easily."

Definitely got this one right away. I figured it had to do with hiding emotions. I instantly though Paladin for that, but then thought again because of the other clues.

black ace.
appearance ref: think a deck of cards, they're usually white, and if it's one of the black aces it's black on white.. and Crash is a black tobiano!
go to the ruined city.

A black ace, to me, makes me think of a "suit" because a black ace would be either spades or clubs. Also, if you are the "Ace of Spades" is the highest card of the deck, value wise. So personally, I saw this as a rank clue. Also, the "ace" marking is very specific, so while I understand that you meant this to be just a "black and white" reference, I think that the specificity of it is misleading. Fail.

relationship ref: he's in love with Arah, or something, and Arah lives home in the Basin! So, of course we want him to go to her. "The Ruined City of Arah" is a Guild Wars 2 dungeon, and if I google "the ruined city" there's at least two The Ruined City of Arah links, as well as several related searches about it (with various tags like armor, maps, etc).

I was originally going to fail this until I googled it and it showed up on the first page, which is within the rules. However, I also play guild wars, so someone who does not play guild wars needs to look this up and see if the link comes up on the first page. I neither pass nor fail this.

Overall, pass.

RE: shimmer-glimmer - Alex - 05-03-2013

A definite pass. I agree with Tamme on every point- having not played guild wars myself, I would even pass the final clue. I typed it in to google and it actually auto filled "of Arah" before I could search for simply ruined city.