HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun
[O] Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - Printable Version

+- HELOVIA || The Way to the Sun (http://helovia.com)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://helovia.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: [O] Fading Memories [Amara, Open] (/showthread.php?tid=8893)

Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - Sikeax - 07-24-2013

Mom is more aggressive than usual. I haven't seen Uncle Tonka in what seems like weeks, and when I'm back at the Arch, Mom is either glueing me to her side, for my safety, or I'm walking through the caves exploring, looking for Uncle Tonka and calling his name. Whenever Mom would hear me call his name and I was near, she would just look at me with hurt and pain. I think Mom is hiding something from me, and when I ask her where he is, she simply shakes her head and wanders away. Uncle Tonka is part of my life, like Daddy is, and him missing makes me feel sad.
We went to the Threshold once, just Mom and I, and even though I met one extremely beautiful lady, a seemingly nice winged man who ended up yelling at all of us, and a lady who needed to be so rude, we were left with Mom more angry at things. The whole walk home I listened to her mumble hateful words, and when we returned home, she just went to our cave and went to bed. Lately, I've be more lonely than usual, so hunting down Amara could be interesting. She was partically my only friend, and I needed to go on a nice adventure.
I had been heading south for some time now, moving away from the North now that there were gale force winds(and surely, I'd be swept away and people would see an Unicorn flying while yelling "weeee!!!" the whole time), when something happened. My birth, or as far as I could remember it, was in the dark. The first look I ever got of stars was short lived, and in the endless night that just swept in, you would of thought I knew every star and crater in the Moon. One problem: there was never stars for me to study, and a Moon to light my way. Until tonight.
Each small eye was gazing, my body eloped in the tall dead grasses that surrounded this area, when a twinkle popped up. I must be going crazy, but as I gazed in awe, there was another beside it. Another came with it, and then it all just happened.
The sky must of burst into flames, sparks of white light danced the Tango, waltzed with grance, and finally, the Moon herself gave a beautiful form of ballet where she almost grew wings of moondust, and became the masterpiece of the whole show. What gasp was building up in my throat wasn't stopped, and I stared with curiousity. Somewhere, Daddy was probably staring up at the sky, looking at it like I was. He probably wasn't looking at it the same way I was looking at it, but just looking altogether. Though, I somehow reacted badly to this incident once everything seemed to end.
I screamed. I screamed so loud the birds in the tall grasses flew in fear, wishing to escape my sudden outburst. I've always been taught to be brave, to be kind, to good to those around while keeping my innocence around, but I'm having a hard time doing just that right now. Something moved in the grasses, and as I stood up fast, and saw just a wild dog take off and run away to their owner. The sight of it made me lose it, and as fast as I went up, I dropped into the grasses and hide. What a coward I happen to be....
Darkness seemed brighter around me, and there was warmth in this place. The hole in the ground was nice to know, but what kind of monsters just existed near it? Birds returned and chirped in the trees, my small ears moving back and forth to hear their every sound. A crackle moves out of the fire, and in return, I duck deeper into the grasses. This is my sign. My sign that I'm never going to be great.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

RE: Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - Amara - 07-24-2013

AMARA
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

I needed to get out of the Marsh for a bit, (because it sometimes smelled) because I didn't want to stay there like a caged animal. So I shipped myself off, leaving the dark marsh, leaving Seele's side, and traveling. I walked aimlessly, not really having a point of destination. Sameira was close to four weeks by now, her paws and head seeming to bloat up. She was disproportionately set up, her head and paws bigger than the rest of her. She had a big, puffy tail that wagged quite a bit. Even at a month, she was tiring herself out by skipping through my legs and nipping my ankles. She was so cute, her little pink tongue lolled out.

I kept walking, almost tripping on Sameira a few times. As I walked, I thought about the dark. About the endless night. At first, it was only darkness, a blank page in the sky. There was no sun, no moon, no stars. I couldn't see mommy in the sky anymore. I had always assumed she was in the stars, watching me from a far. But with no stars, I had felt lost and alone. Until I heard her voice, not aloud, but in my head. She comforted me, told me she was always there. I lived through the darkness, and until now, I was afraid the stars would never return. But they did. The pretty, glowing moon was high in the sky, and the stars were there, glittering as they always do. As I looked up, I knew mommy was up there watching me.

I finally looked around to see where I was. To my surprise, I had carried myself to the Heart. By now, Sameira was complaining and whimpering, looking at me worriedly. I giggled as she stopped and sat, as though refusing to move any farther. Rolling my eyes, I let her climb aboard my back before continuing on my way. Sameira then stood happily, her pink tongue flopping over her lip.

As I walked, I stopped. A familiar figure was there, looming in the dark. My amber eyes widened as the figure let out a scream. I frowned, but tried to brighten my expression, walking, no, racing towards Sikeax. ”Sikeax!!” I placed myself at her side, my belly tingling with excitement. I smiled, my eyes bright. I let my lips curl into a smile, excited to see my old friend. ”Guess what?! That egg hatched! And look what was inside!” I turned a little so Sikeax could see Sameira, who growled a little at the stranger. I shot her a look, and she sat down, peering at Sikeax uncertainly. Snickering, I looked back at Sikeax. ”Sameira just isn't used to you. Just wait, soon she'll love you!” I giggled and looked back at Sameira, speaking to her. ”Now you be nice to auntie Sikeax!” Sameira just stared at me before turning to continue her inspection of Sia, still unsure about her. I looked back at Sikeax, beaming at her.

”Talk talk talk.”

Image Credit

RE: Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - Sikeax - 07-24-2013

Being born in this land never actually has it's bad sides. A good thing, you always know one of your friends is always near by. In the process of freaking out like an idiot, Amara showed up. Having my best friend was a good thing, so that now I had someone to explore this place with. She was talking about how her egg hatched, and when I looked to see the dog..... WAIT A MINUTE HERE! DOGGIES COME FROM EGGS? Biology clearly isn't being taught well enough to me when the doggies are coming out of eggs. Whatever, I have to admit, Sameira was beautiful! The "Ooooo......." escaped out of my mouth before I could stop it. Screaming and being scared like a baby wasn't so bad anymore. Thankfully there wasn't a puddle of urine around us either. I don't want Amara laughing at me.
She was smiling, I was smiling, Sameira was just staring at me like poop on a log. Did the pup not like me like Amra liked me? Too late.
I leaned my head down to visit Sameira, huge smile across my face and my pale blue eyes lighting up except for the grey flecks inside them. The glow from my now a bit larger horn would of intensified if it could. Happiness and amazement were the only emotions my brain was jutting out at the moment. "Hi Sameira!!!! I'm your Auntie Sikeax!" I was sort of screaming at Sameira in pure joy, but being a kid, I think that's part of the job. It wasn't on the application when I filled it out, then again, where are the things you need to do when they're on the application? No where.
I looked to Amara, absolutely happy to see her again. I leaned towards her, going to hug my winged friend. I got lonely a bunch of times in the Arch, and Mom wasn't the best to tell stories to. That just happened to be Amara's job.
"Guess what! I'm a Doctor in the Assassins now! And my mom is the leader of the Assassins! Just a few days ago we got to go to this place called the Threshold, and searched for members. I got to meet a really handsome winged stallion like you, a beautiful mare who had wings as well, and this bitch mare who was really rude and yelled at my mother for having me around. What adventures have you been doing?"
Bursting joy, I couldn't exactly find all of my breath when it came to filling in Amara in what had been happening in my life recently. Hopefully she would have interesting things to tell me. Wait, she always did! A giggle burst out of me and I pranced about, ready to play with Amara. Maybe after we catch up we could play hide-and-go-seek in the grasses, or tag! OR MAYBE AN ADVENTURE. ADVENTURE!!!!
I had to talk again, or I was going to burst. If I was to blow up, the whole world would probably be raining glowing rainbows and blue stuff and probably one giant smiling Sun that looks stoned.
Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH. I TOTALLY KNOW THIS AWESOME PLACE TO GO!! Okay, so this weird guy who was offering me candy told me about this awesome place that we have to go because there might be more free candy. I need a breath. I gasped, trying not to blow myself up. "It's called the Spectral Marsh........ I think. Well, I don't know. There is supposed to be ghosts there or something. We should go ghost hunting!" Ghost hunting. Yes! I want to go ghost hunting and find some ghost. The smile across my face was priceless if you were an grumpy old adult (a.k.a. Uncle Tonka), and I couldn't help but start giggling. My childhood is awesome. No hands down guys.

Image Credits

RE: Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - Amara - 07-24-2013

AMARA
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

Well, Sia reacted wonderfully to my arrival.

She gulped in air and scared the poopy out of Sameira when she started screaming in her face. Sameira whimpered and buried her face in my short mane. I looked back at her and then at Sia. ”She's a little shy too. Sorry bout that!” I just smiled at Sia, still happy that she was here with me. With eyes wide, I listened to Sia ramble about how she was a doctor for the Assassins. (Something that was a problem for me, her being an Assassin.) I frowned, for I was going to ask her to join me with Seele. She told me about the Threshold and how she had seen two pegasi like me. As soon as the naughty word hit my ears, my eyes went ten times their original size. Narrowing my brows, I spoke in a playful manner. ”No swearing!!” Then I let Sia take a break as I spoke. ”Well, this nice mare, Seele, took me in! She's really nice to me, and maybe she'd like to meet you! Anyway, Seele is really pretty and nice, and you should meet her!” I cheered, smiling. My ears were so far forward, I was afraid they'd tear right off my head. And my smile was so big, I thought my mouth would be stuck like that forever! I was too happy not to show my joy and excitement, so I tried to show it to the full extent.

As soon as I was done speaking, Sia burst into speech (again), telling me of this stallion offered her.... candy? And that it was a great place. The problem was: I HAD NO CLUE WHAT THE HECK CANDY WAS! Was it like... a weird food? Or maybe it was a species of animal? Or.. OR MAYBE IT WAS A RACE OF SUPER HORSES!! I kept the thoughts to myself, energy coursing through my body as I faced Sia. She inhaled, and then told me about the Spectral Marsh and how it held spirits in it's gnarly fingers. ”I didn't know that... awesome! I live in a haunted area! Maybe you should come and meet my family in the Marsh Sia!” I smiled, amber eyes glittering as I thought about living in a haunted area. Then I stopped, and gasped. ”Sia, what if there are monsters in the Marsh, and while we're there, it attacks?! Who would protect us? Maybe Seele could! But what if she's taken by the monster?! Or maybe there's an angry spirit?! What would we do?!”

Yup, there we go.

I didn't over think that at all, nope, not a bit.

Sameira looked as though her ears were going to pop because we were practically screaming at each other. She wined and pawed my mane, but I ignored her and continued thinking. ”I bet you Seele could save us! She's so pretty and strong! She's like a super horse!”

”Talk talk talk.”

Image Credit

RE: Fading Memories [Amara, Open] - Sikeax - 08-13-2013

Whenever Sameira hid from me, I sort of felt bad. Woops! I didn't even mean to scare her, but when Amara reasured me that she was a little shy, I got the whole picture. "I'm sorry, Sameira! I'm just really happy to meet you and see Amara again! You're really beautiful like your mommy, do you know that? You're going to have so much fun with us!" I didn't care if I frightened her anymore, I wanted to make up for the fact that I had maybe hurt her and scared her. My eyes might of glowed like my horn did with the amount of happiness in their wake. When they met Amara's golden eyes, I was confused.
Well, only for a second.
The frown of my best friend's face was followed by her telling me not to swear anymore, and I got the idea. No more swearing, promise! She then started about how Seele, a.k.a. Bitch Mare Queen, had taken her in. Displeasure went across my face, and I stared at Amara. Do I tell her that Seele was the reason that Mom and I were screamed at, and was the one who yelled at my mother for having me around. For sure, she wouldn't want to meet me. I didn't want to meet her, but if Amara wanted me to, I think I can be completely fine with that idea. Yes, Seele was pretty, I had to admit that. Ara was so happy over the mare, that I need to go along with it. If we met, then I guess we would forget the past just to make sure that I didn't hurt Ara's feelings. No, I can't ever hurt her feelings.
Both of us probably looked like we were about to blow up into girly stuffs with the amount of excitement that we released into the air. Poor Sameira, I could tell she wasn't enjoying this. I would have to apologize when the both of us calmed down. When I was thinking what we would do when we went on our next adventure (because seriously! We need to get going!), Ara admitted to where she lived.
The Spectral Marsh.
A pain in my chest reminded me of when I fell into the waters of the Marsh, and a member of the Assassins saved me. She was so nice as of to save me, but I don't think that's a good story right now. My bestie wanted me to meet her family, and I want her to meet my family as well. We need to know all of our family, including my daddy and Mom, and then together, Amara and I can harrass Uncle Tonka to give us more stories! A giggle escaped me, except it wasn't really much of a giggle. It was a weird high pitched thing that escaped during our spree of girly stuffs.
Suddenly, without warning, Amara was talking about monsters. I had awesome skills that would allow me to kick monster booty if I wanted to. Evil ghost attack?! Uhm, well............ Uh, that's something I haven't really figured out. How do you defeat an evil ghost?! HOW?! THESE SKILLS ARE MANDATORY FOR ADVENTURERS. "Well, if a monster attacks, I'll use my awesome fighting skills to kick it's booty! Ain't no monster going to take us down!" To add effect to my words, I kicked out and reared, trying to look pretty bad-ass and kick-ass. Ain't no monster going to attack us! I'll be sure of that.
The idea of Seele protecting us wasn't always passed by with me, but I could live with it. If she saved Amara and not me, then wouldn't Ara be heartbroken? NO, NOT MY BESTIE. I'll kick some Seele booty if she ever makes Ara fill bad. It's the law of the land, or, the law of the super awesome adventurers. My eyes shot to Sameira, just to see how she was making it through with our explosions of noise. She looked pained, and as of to have a bit more of childish fun, my voice went down to a whisper. "We're sorry!" The next words from my friend were about Seele being a super horse
No.
Nope.
Not at all.
No Sikeax Approval, even though you got Amara Approval. You're going to need both to get by.
My face looked strange as I looked at Amara, not sure if I was annoyied or angry. Seele hurt my feelings pretty bad when I was just trying to be nice, and I can get over that in time. Yet when your best friend just starts calling the person who hurt your feelings a 'super horse', you tend to be a bit annoyied. I love Ara enough not to say anything. I'm not dream crusher.
"We need a name for our adventure club! We really do, and then we could find other foals to go on adventures with us and be one huge, awesome adventure group! And then no monsters will ever attack us without having their booties wooped like crazy!"
I'm a happy child. I'm with my best friend, and we're fixing to go on an adventure, and I'm ready to go. My legs moved in place, ready to go. "Come on, let's go. To the Spectral Marsh!"
I think I took off about that time, but, uh, I don't remember. It was just a blur of happiness and the sounds of giggles. Off we went to the Marsh to battle them monsters.

Image Credits