[OPEN] In the light of the glow worms.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

[[location | the glowing room ]]

Ophelia felt good, very good. Everything was right with her sister, and a weight had lifted off of her chest. Now, the apology list thinned, and she needed to find Roskuld. Her child, her daughter, and the small little creature she had birthed against her will had not had the life she deserved. Even though she had not been in possession of her normal self when she had chosen to be with the God of Time, the result of those actions was not responsible for her mistake. Roskuld was her child, no matter what.

And she was a shitty mother.

What parent would abandon their child like she had? When she was a child, she had two, loving parents but had chosen a different path. Paladin would have never let her go hungry or alone and Soleil had a way of finding her and speaking even when she did not want to be found. Ophelia had been far too young when she had had Roskuld, yes, but that was no excuse for being an absent mother. The memories of her parents were flawless, and she had a perfect step-by-step instruction and had ignored it completely.

Even though she was more light-hearted, the guilt had only decreased by half. She was searching everywhere, including where they had fought the monster together not too long ago. The light of the fires of the earth revealed a dark spot in the landscape, and she tilted her head to the side curiously. What was this? This was new...

Ophelia had never been in the possession of good instincts, so Tinek spoke for her, huffing a puff of frost and flying down into the hole first. He breathed a blast of shock, lighting up the dark path that his bonded walked down behind him, hair standing on end. The dragon made a slightly amused chuckling sound that was more like a stuttered hiss. Ophelia chuckled in response and rubbed her body against the wall to tame her mane.

The dark path had lead to a large room, but instead of lingering, she pushed onward, finding herself under false stars. Cloven hooves found the soft, spongy purchase of moss as she looked up in awe at the creatures above her that mirrored the evening sky. Water bubbled in the distance, and for a moment, she thought that she had found heaven. The white mare in the darkness glistened and sparkled, the brightness only illuminated by the vines with star flowers.

She walked deeper inside, toward the water and drank from the falls. Sweet, amazing. Ophelia sighed, looking around the large cavern. Tinek was just as amazed, evidenced by the silence in her head. The silver dragon padded around on the moss. Ophelia watched, smiling. "Just when I thought I had seen everything..." she whispered. "The Earth God is full of surprises."

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
running all the lights with the girl of his dreams

It had been a few weeks since the youngling pair left the caves, and now they were returning. They journeyed from the Rotunda to the caves once more. Familiarity brought the child's solid hooves down the cavern tunnels and into the mystical room he had grown to know in Helovia's fee into darkness. Bi-hued eyes searched around the corners, half expecting to see the black spotted stallion laying, bloodied, on the floor again. Abraham remembered the day well--remembered defending the stallion from a crazy bitch of a mare. Gwyn, from her master's crown, growled lightly, the memory forming in her mind as well. Even then the small, white hatchling wanted to protect her bonded, and she had attempted to gouge the mare's eyes out. Abraham smiled, darkly, fond of Gwyneverre's piss and vinegar. Often, the dragon reminded him of his father's bitch, Loretta, and it amused the draft mutt. Gwyn would show to be a good war-dragon, as the jade green elder they had met with the stallion at the Rotunda. Together, the pair would grow.

When Abraham was confident that he was, in fact, alone, with only his heartbeat mingling with Gwyn's, he set for the waterfall. Dipping his dark muzzle into the pool, the child filled his belly. His muscles ached slightly, reminding him of his youth and his long travels. He was silently thankful for his strong and able body, knowing all too well that the limitations of handicap. Reginald faded into his mind and out again, the dark scowl and silver eyes of his brother enough of a reinforcement in his mind. Reginald struggled in their youth, and Abraham knew he had a gift. It was a natural gift, but it was a gift nonetheless. The dark prince would never take his strength for granted--he would train it, hone it, protect it, just as his mother and father had taught him. Lifting his head, Abraham turned to make his way back towards the light of day, when Gwyn suddenly let loose an incredible cry.

The darkling snapped his attention towards what Gwyn was calling to, and his nostrils flared. The scent of another horse, close, filled his lungs despite the dampness of his surroundings. The white dragon launched herself from Abraham's crest, wings unfurling as she glided towards her target. There was another dragon here, and her fiery colored eyes were alight. This dragon was different than the jade green reptile she had met before--the scent was more alluring and she could not help but trill fondly into the florescent of the cave. Me! Gwyn mentally called to Abraham, and with mismatched hooves the colt followed. His trot was quick and the sound of his solid hooves bounced off of the walls as he trekked over rock and moss. "Gwyn!" The prince shouted, the sight of a white and crimson unicorn coming upon him.

abraham
art by neo || coding by neo

@[Ophelia]

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia heard a cry of a dragon, and she snapped her head up, whipping around with ears forward and alert in the darkness. She sparkled in the dark, and she backed quietly into a shadow in the hopes to stifle the glow. The cry she heard was not from Tinek; his voice was a little deeper, being an adult male. So, she watched from her shadow, dual colored eye sparkling with curiosity and interest. She sensed her silver flying closer, diverting attention away. He was incredibly smart and very sweet.

Tinek landed on a tree in the room, returning the strange dragon's call with a short one of his own, red eyes penetrating the darkness like a cat. He blinked, able to see the little unicorn and the white dragon, and he relayed the visions to Ophelia. "Young boy. Small dragon. White." He watched the white female with curiosity, waiting for her to come to him if she would. Tinek was curious but more cautious than Ophelia.

The white mare emerged from her shadow, softly padding on the moss. She remembered only one white dragon - a small female named Vera. Once upon a time, she had helped Adele hunt for Vera, in a land far, far away. Somehow, this cave made everything feel like a fairytale. As the boy shouted, she realized that the dragon's name was "Gwyn". Ah, well, not Vera.

His steps were loud, but hers were almost silent. The spongy surface and her goat-toes matched in a very quiet way. "I think she is interested in Tinek," Ophelia finally said, her chime-like voice a soft and gentle caress through the cavern. "He is a handsome dragon." The pale princess paused. "Who are you?"

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

The scent of others filled her nostrils. With a smile, She made her way through the large stone area, then through a corridor, to a room in which She had spent far too much time. The dim light caused her to screw up her eyes, but She couldn't help a beaming smile. The scents of home wafted into her nostrils, memories of Slaiter, Africa, Windwalker, And others, flashed through her mind as hoof met soft mosses. The wall gleaming in the night like atmosphere. But suddenly, a voice made her stiffen And flatten her harks to the back of her head. Young vocals, then a hefty bodice sliding past her. The noise caused the wall to shut itself off. The light from the room, darkness greeting them. She awaited in silence, the others seeming to stay quiet. Slowly, the lights returned to their glorious light. A smile graced her again, And She tipped her dome, walking forward And squinting to set her sights upon a mare And a boy, the lady pale with blood hues, the boy hefty, dark, with a striking white marking stretching from his whither to his leg, a nice contrast. Both horned. A low nicker flowed from her. But She did not speak. The pale one spoke as the lights slowly gained their strength once again. The transition was almost unoticable, but to Abishia, it was prominet.

Don't dim my light darling. Don't dim my light. Don't take my shine, don't strip me of my smile. Don't dim my light, stay quiet, quiet for me. Don't dim my light. Her thoughts where song rather than words.

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
running all the lights with the girl of his dreams

Gwyn was amazed. Her pupils dilated fully as she raced towards the scent of the other dragon. This was unlike when they had met Suli or Cynder. Gwyn needed to be near this dragon, to touch it, to take in its scent. Something was different, and the white princess nor her dark prince could lay their mind to what exactly it was. With outstretched, growing wings, Gwyneverre made her descent towards the silver. His scales, even in the darkness of the cave, glittered royally and Gwyn cooed softly. It was like a purr, deep and rumbling from the very depths of her chest. Though coldblooded in nature, the young dragoness could feel her body warming. Her fire-breathing glands were not completely developed, only enough to send embers and smoke from, but within her chest and belly one could see the orange and red hues mixing and lighting. Abraham, still confused, called out her name as the white youngling sent smoke rings towards Tinek. "Gwyneverre!"

However, suddenly, Abraham threw himself towards the wall. His feet scrambled for purchase as he stopped, heart pounding hard. He had seen the white and red unicorn momentarily, but his focus had shifted to Gwyn. He cursed himself for his foal-like ways, and his ears pinned to his crown. He felt his ears and cheeks grow hot with embarrassment, and he averted his eyes from the white queen and to her cloven hooves. He mumbled a swear under his breath before sighing deeply and looking back up to the girl. She spoke to him, and Abraham looked towards the dragons. Gwyneverre had moved close to Tinek, trying to rub her scaley muzzle over the male's chest. So that's it. It's a boy. Abraham thought quickly, no longer puzzled as to why his soulmate had been drawn to him so passionately. "Her name is Gwyneverre, and I am Abraham. Son of Circe and Archibald the Dauntless."

Abraham had rarely given his parents' names in his greetings, but it seemed necessary at this point. He needed this mare before him to know he was strong, more than just an awkward boy flailing after his dragon. Abraham cleared his throat and made eye contact with the mare before him, realizing they were more alike than different. She was stark white, opposite him, but from her head spiraled a great horn. Her hair was tipped in blood red, and he wondered if it was natural or if it was the blood of her enemies. Scowling some, Abraham took in a sharp breath when he realized that she, too, had mismatched eyes. The near yearling blinked in surprise. She was a hybrid and had heterochromia! She was also bound to a dragonheart.

Realizing that he had been staring for quite some time, Abraham cleared his throat again. However, before he could speak, his dragoness landed on his crown. Her general cold mood was melted and she cooed towards Ophelia as well. "What is your name? Where are you from?" the dark prince asked, embarrassed again that he had been staring for so long. Gwyn changed his attention, as she shifted from his crown to his rump. She hissed into the darkness, smoke rolling lightly from her iron jaws as she watched the painted mare approach. Gwyneverre did not like the looks of her, the way she walked and carried herself. Safe. Safe. She chanted, and Abraham knew she wanted to protect him. Shifting his weight, Abraham turned his body to stand parallel to Ophelia and watch the approaching, silent mare.

abraham
art by neo || coding by neo

@[Ophelia]

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

The silver dragon watched the white one approach and puff smoke, and the elder royal smiled in a funny way - he had learned that from Comadre. In response, he let out a short flurry of ice and arcing electricity, arching his red-tipped spines. She rubbed against his chest, and he had a hard time separating her femininity and her age. Still he sat and let her, finding it pleasant to be in the company of his own kind.

Tinek was the first to spy the interloper. His red eyes caught her movement from where he perched, and he chuffed a cloud of frost that turned the moss around his talons to ice. The dragon looked over at the pale one, indicating that she should pay keen attention as well, protect her bond-mate from any harm. Like a predator, the silver beast snaked around through the shadows, keeping low and keeping Ophelia informed with short bursts of mental projections.

Ophelia watched the boy as he tumbled forward, a kind smile on her lips as she explained his dragon's actions. He introduced himself, and her dual colored eyes widened in surprise. She knew both of those names, but she found it rather interesting that they had ended up together. Ophelia had traveled to the Edge with Circe and to the Basin with Archibald, and Circe's presence had been much more... amenable. Her father had spoken so highly of Archibald, but Ophelia struggled to see him as anything but a hot-headed warrior. As one who appreciated the subtle arts of manipulation, his bull-in-a-china-shop methods were frustrating to lead.

As he stared, she waited patiently, unperturbed by his actions. She gazed over him as well, seeing the strength of his father in his body, but the cunning of his mother in his eyes. He seemed to be the best of that cross, powerful, with a horn, and armed with a white dragon. Honestly, he reminded her of herself, once upon a time. She, the daughter of a warlord and a peacekeeper.

His questions broke the silence.

"My father once lead your father, and then I did after him," she replied, smiling. Her words were anything but arrogant. The tone was tinged with sadness, not pride. "Your mother was in my herd as well. I am Ophelia the Forsaken, daughter of Paladin the Valiant and Soleil the Virtuous, and I am pleased to meet you, Abraham," she said, her voice like chimes and genuinely interested. She wondered if Archibald had called her a deserter to his children after she left? Hm... how interesting stories look from two sides. Still, she had abandoned her sister down the path Ktulu had paved for them in blood.

Tinek's visions flashed in her mind, and she looked up, ears tilting, alert. When Abraham turned to stand next to her, their bodies parallel, she shifted to be slightly in front of him. Ophelia was not of the belief that he could not take care of himself, only that youth were the future, and it would be best if she die instead of him, his life not yet even lived.

Suddenly, like a flipped switch, the Forsaken's expression turned to ice. Once soft, strange eyes were hardened, glinting with madness in the red and malice in the blue. Every line of her lithe figure was coiled for action, neck proud and tall. She was a frost queen, a manipulator of minds, mercenary, thief... And every ounce of those bad choices was written in this seemingly dual persona. "What. Do you. Want.?" she asked, words pointed as her chime-like voice was bathed in acid, a dangerous femme. Paladin's daughter.

Tinek circled around the back, opening his toothy jaws and exhaling ice, and Ophelia was fully prepared to use her magic, to make her forget - forget everything.