the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gathering Payment

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
I see the love in disguise!

The day was warm and hot, but not so much that she would not be able to do the work she needed to do. Tallsun was on the way, and she needed to get all of her supplies together to take the Edge to be able to get her glass work done. She mare had to stop often for the sake of her unborn foal. She was due any day now, but if she didn't gather these herbs now she doubted she would ever receive her armor. Penna wheeled over head always on the look out since she was so close to foaling. Parelia sighed how was she supposed to know what was good and what plants were bad? Finally the mare had to stop again to allow for her swollen belly. She figured she was getting close to the World's Edge, but she wasn't quite sure. Maybe there would be something good here and she could grab it and go to Dragomir. Surely he would understand why she sought him out instead of their healer.

Once she had rested for a bit the mare moved on searching for plants. The smell of a herd wafted into her Arabian nostrils, she was sure it was the World's Edge. The mare sniffed around the ground slowly moving away from the border looking for a group of plants that she might be able to use. What if she picked something that would not be of use. Parelia sighed heavily as her foal kicked at her insides sending a small stab of pain through her young body. Groaning in aggravation she spoke aloud as Penna swooped to her side, "Oh Penna how am I supposed to find any good herbs for Dragomir's healer if I don't know thing about plants?" Penna cooed softly as he landed on her withers grooming her short cream and teal mane.

"Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 313
OOC: I am using Liquid time and setting this back at the end of Birdsong. @[Brisa]
Parelia & Penna
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

The shade of a lone tree upon the fields edge was all that sheltered the pale mare from the heat of the sun. The temperatures were high and it made for uncomfortable times for all especially those who ended up carrying another life throughout it. There was a time that she had thought of this whole pregnancy thing as a pleasurable experience but that was way before she had gotten to actually conceive. Reality was all this was quite miserable when you started to resemble a boulder, but in her case a plain white boring boulder. If said boulder was supposed to camouflage into anything it would be doomed unless it was somewhere that was coated in the white powder frostfall seemed to bring. Oh boy her sense of humor was getting better and better she mused sarcastically with a slight shake of her head.

Gazing over the meadow laid out around her nothing of interest caught her immediate attention until a painted pegasus lumbered onto the scene. Pricking her ears forward with mild interest she tried to figure out why they seemed familiar to her. Wait a minute... Parelia! It had been quite while since she had seen her last, what was she doing down here? Perplexed she figured she might as well go say hello to her friend. Pulling her mass forward one step at a time she headed over in their direction. Walking would be as fast as she was going, trotting just took way too much energy plus it made her feel as if she was going to topple over with her pendulous belly swinging back and forth with her strides. Stopping only once to bite at her side when her baby decided it would be fun to lodge its foot into her ribcage or as close to as it could get, she carried on at her steady pace.

When she finally drew close enough she called out a friendly greeting before she approached. Wow it seemed as if she wasn't the only one who had gotten pregnant, Parelia's belly was also quite swollen. At the thought a smile drew across her face hopefully she at least had help for when the baby did come, unlike herself. "It's about time you came to visit." She commented playfully teasing her friend as she reached out to nudge her shoulder. Her icy gaze landed on the falcon perched upon the mare's shoulder, who was this little fellow?

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Parelia] •• NOTES: Brisa isn't due yet for another couple weeks but she is carrying twins so she is very round lol. I don't think she would know Penna just yet either as she met him later on. ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Parelia sighed again lowering her dainty head to the plants around her sniffing hesitantly. The mare new she had to get this done before her baby was born. A warm wistful smile stretched over her entire face as she thought of her first foal. She could still remember telling Ciceron that she had wanted a foal and the surprise on his handsome face. A sudden familiar voice brought her back to the present. Trying to spin around was very difficult with her extra bulk. ’How do large horses move around anyway?' She thought as her honey gaze fell upon Brisa. Her first impression was how large the pretty mare was, she was much larger than herself. "Hi Brisa! It's so nice to see you again!" She smiled brightly and extended her chiseled muzzle towards hers. "I should have come a lot sooner I know, but with the mayhem with the wraiths it was hard to find time!" Her voice was happy enjoying seeing one of the horses that had helped her after she had been ambushed. "I'm actually here on business, but it is really great to see you! Maybe you could help me?"

She watched the mare quietly hopping she would be willing to help her track down some healing herbs. Brisa had helped protect her when she had been so badly injured, surely she was a healer or at least new of some herbs. Well she might as well offer a reason as to why she needed the help. Her velvety voice flowed from her soft lips again, "I made a bargain with a craftsman, Dragomir that if I brought herbs for him to take to his healer, he would make some armor for me." She smiled warmly, quite happy with the choice of armor she had chosen for herself. That gold trimmed bitch had tried to cut the wings from her back, so why not get something to help protect her flight giving appendages if she had the chance.

"Talking" ’Thinking’
Words: 332
OOC: @[Brisa]
Parelia & Penna

Conversing with another soul again felt good and help to lift her spirits once more. With the heat of the weather and the bulk of herself she had not been able to do a lot, at least talking she could do. Letting her tail whisk over her flanks to help keep the bugs from landing on her she returned Parelia's friendly gesture gratefully. "I know things have been rather chaotic lately but regardless there is no worry. I am just glad to see you again its been too long." She replied happily lifting her blue eyes back over to the mare before her. It was kinda funny to her that both of them seemed to have wound up pregnant at the same time, too bad Parelia didn't live with her their babies could have fun playing after they arrived.

Listening contently as the painted fae continued to speak of what actually brought her back this way she was relieved that she could at least help her with her task. It was common for someone to ask her to help them but when they explained what it was she had no idea what she was supposed to do. "Sure, I can actually be of some help with that. I have been learning about different herbs thanks to Alysanne and Resplendence our herds healers. What kinds are you looking to find? There all so many different types of use." She commented casually casting her eyes around the immediate area for things of potential use to her friend.

Picturing the many types of armor she had seen around with others she had no idea how anyone could ever choose between them all. At one time she had thought about trying to acquire some for herself but she couldn't find a worthy excuse to actually need it. There was no way she was going out into a battle, willingly anyway to fight she was too much of a chicken for that kind of experience. " As long as there is no running or jumping I'm sure I can help you find some things to be of use to you." Laughing at her attempted joke she grew curious as to when her friend was due to have her baby. "So I see that we both ended up getting knocked up, when are you due?" She asked with a friendly smirk hoping she was not overstepping.

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Parelia] •• NOTES: -- ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Parelia smiled at the silver mare enjoying the company of another mare. She didn't really have any friends, besides her mate and Penna, but it was different talking to a friend then a mate or bonded. They had an nonobjective opinion on the workings of their friend's life. They only wanted what was best for them, even if they had to be there to comfort said friend. Her warm smile was plastered on the dainty features etched onto her body. Warm voice spilled forth again, "It is amazing to see you again too Brisa." Penna cooed softly tucking gentle on a piece of her short mane. "I'm sorry, this is Penna my bonded." The cremello smiled brightly as Penna peered out from around her slim neck. Sharp black eyes took in the silver's swollen appearance and kind features. He approved of her silently and dipped his sharp head in greeting cooing again.

Once again her mind flew to the shrubbery around them feeling urgent about gathering them. Brias's warm voice drew her back once more and she eagerly devoured the words. "You know Alysanne? She was there when Penna hatched along with a mare called Africa." She smiled warmly at the memory of the two kind mare's."I was hoping to get something that would be really good for her to help heal others. I don't really know anything about herbs at all." She smiled feeling embarrassed not to know anything about healing. 'Oh well maybe I can learn a little about them here.' She thought her gaze drifting over the silver mare again.

Laughter tinkled from her deep lunges at the thought of the two heavily pregnant mare's running and jumping. "I don't think I could run or jump if I wanted too! It took me forever to get here because I had to stop to breath." She laughed again enjoying the good relaxing talk. Her long cream and teal tail flicked at her swollen sides. "I'm probably due any day from now really. What about yourself?" She smiled softly as she thought of her silver knight. "Maybe one day you can meet my mate, Ciceron, and our baby." Smiling softly she flicked her ears around softly chasing an annoying fly away.

"Talking" ’Thinking’
Words: 373
OOC: @[Brisa]
Parelia & Penna

Admiring the tiny falcon as he was introduced the grey couldn't help but think how adorable he was. She was glad to see that her friend had a companion to keep her company, maybe someday she would have one to care for as well. So much time had passed since they had last seen each other she had forgotten about how much they both must have missed. Listening to Parelia speak of her bonded was heartwarming even as she went to reveal that her mate was also sticking around somewhere for them. If only all would do that she thought a gentle smile upon her face as she took in all the information offered to her.

"I would love to meet both of them, your really lucky to have both Penna and your mate." She commented brightly reaching around to bite at her side where yet again hooves seemed to be. " I'm not really sure when I am due but I would guess in the next couple weeks. Things haven't exactly been the most straightforward and I am not sure really what to expect. My babies father left before I even knew I was expecting and has not been back since."

Pushing back the pained thoughts of her situation she turned her mind to recalling some of the many plants that she had learned about. Hmmm what all would be useful for healing that would be of value she pondered running through her mental list of plants. Perhaps dandelion, chamomile and some yarrow would do the trick after all they all grew here naturally so there was plenty to find. Soft laughter sounded at her joke about running and jumping glad that it was of amusement for once. " Trust me, I know the feeling all too well. I really do not know how its possible for either of us to get much larger, I don't think I will walk if I do."

Spotting a good sized clump of dandelion nearby she moved forward slowly over to where it was motioning to Parelia to follow. " There are some good healing herbs that grow here naturally like dandelion. They are pretty good for anything and actually taste good." She commented balancing herself upon three hooves as she carefully pulled the dirt back from the plant to expose the roots before tugging it free and putting it into a small pile. Pausing after a couple plants she lifted her head to pull fresh air into her lungs, being so round had its difficulties with breathing when you had your head lowered.

TAGS: @[Parelia]
NOTES: Sorry if its a little scattered.

Table by Moonstone Designs

Penna cooed softly at the silvery mare and drew in her scent curiously. She seemed, to him, to be a very kind and respectful mare. and he liked her a lot. He tilted his sharp beaked head watching and thinking that this mare would be a great friend for his bonded. Parelia turned her honey eyes upon him turning her elegant neck so she was face to face with him. He needed his still fuzzy head and cooed again before taking off to circle above them. The cremello turned towards Brisa and spoke softly, "He'll keep watch for us so we can look for herbs in peace." She smiled brightly she knew how lucky she was to have both of her soul-mates in her life. The soft smile faded to a concerned and slightly sad look as Brisa continued. ’How could could a man just leave such a wonderful lady as Brisa?!' She thought desperately extending her muzzle again trying to comfort her friend. her voice was soft and slightly sad, "You don't need a stallion in your life or your baby's life that would only cause heartache for you." She nodded reassuringly.

She laughed again at her friend's words, "If we get any bigger we'll have to have someone roll us around!" Her laughter bubbled like a brook from her velvety lips at the thought of two boulder sized mare's with tiny legs sticking out being rolled around like a sick ball. Parelia followed Brisa and watched her closely as she extracted the yellow flowery plants. She listened carefully drawing in the scent and sight of the plant locking it away in her memory carefully. After a moment Parelia waddled over and began to help digging and pulling. Pulling her chiseled head up she gulped almost hungrily at the air. "I cannot wait to have this foal and feel normal again!" She gasped around breathes.

"Talking" ’Thinking’
Words: 316
OOC: @[Brisa] It's ok sorry it is so short! XP
Parelia & Penna

Normal? What was that she wondered listening to the painted fae speak as she worked trying to dig out the plants in one piece. Things in her life could never really be considered as normal unless you call a four month old filly trying to raise herself after her parents were slaughtered normal. While the thought was sinister it was at the same time a version of dark humor for her warped sense of reality. Come to think about it, this conversation was likely the most normal thing she had done in awhile, how ironic. As for her situation with having no support to rely on with her upcoming child it definitely made things difficult. For all she knew something could go terribly wrong and they both would lose their lives. Would anyone even notice?

"It would make things easier though. The heartache doesn't really matter as its all I have know most of my life. This time at least I was able to make out without the physical trauma." she replied softly letting her eyes find her friend's for a brief moment before they turned back to the plants. Pulling up one final plant she gazed over to the small pile they had created before lifting her head with a sigh. Who would have guessed that pulling weeds could be so much of a workout. "Ok so I think you have more than enough of this one at least, how much did you need to collect? There are two others that grow around here as well that we could hunt down as well if you want." She commented with a smile finally looking up again.

Waddling a couple steps forward to keep her legs from seizing up her eyes scanned around for the next plant on her hit list. Among the sea of green grass it was challenging to pick and choose the right ones but after a couple mistaken sightings she zeroed in on the flowering plant of choice. " Ah there it is." Motioning in the direction she intended to walk she moved forward at her lovely turtle pace. When she came within range she reached her head forward sniffing at the item to confirm what her eyes told her. "This here is something called yarrow works great to stop bleeding. If there is a wound somewhere on the body you can clean it out and apply some of the leaves to the bleeding area. The tricky part is trying to wrap something around it to make it stay there but it works. If someone was bleeding on the inside get them to eat some of the leaves and they will have the same effect on the insides." Grasping a couple leaves between her teeth she yanked them free with ease to again make a small bunch. "Oh and you only need to use the leaves, the stalk doesn't work as well."

NOTES: after this thread we need to do the one for these two post foals XD

Parelia smiled warmly as she worked beside her friend; their swollen sides brushing every so often. A small gasp escapes her mouth as the foal growing within her kicked against something that should not be kicked. Grumbling she kicked softly at her belly, anger was the last thing on her mind, but it was pretty aggravated. How was it something that was going to love and would be so cute be so darn annoying? Sighing she turned to look at her silver companion as she spoke. Her kind voice bubbled forth again, "I'm sure there will be lots of support within the edge. I'm sure Alysanne would help you with anything you need. I know I don't live there with you, but I you can always come see me if you need anything." She smiled encouragingly and flicked her long teal streaked tail towards Brisa's rump trying to lighten the mood. Her honey gaze followed Brisa's eyes towards their small pile. "I'm not really sure how much he was wanting, but I think it would be nice to make it worth it for Dragomir." The mare really wasn't all that sure, but she wanted enough to make it worth his time and effort, as well as theirs.

Parelia stuck to her side smiling all the while, even overly heavy the mare was still really enjoying herself. This was the most fun she had experienced in quite a while. Harks pricked forward she gazed around happily enjoying every second of this. Looking over all of the plants and grasses she wondered curiously which one they were hunting now. Parelia penguin waddled as quickly as she could after the silver female. Sniffing she drew in the tangy scent categorizing it with the name, yarrow, and the sight of the leaves. Shifting closer to the plant she began plucking carefully at the leaves much like Brisa was doing and depositing them with the rest. The taste was just as bitter and tangy as the smell sending a small shiver through her cremello body. "Yuck they taste terrible!" She licked her chops a few times smacking her lips.

"Talking" ’Thinking’
Words: 354
OOC: @[Brisa] I agree! I think that should be enough for them to gather =] You're welcome to join the thread with her and Dragomir <3 We can keep this going too lol. She can still show her more herbs
Parelia & Penna

It was hard for the grey to imagine what things might be like when the inevitable finally happened. Whenever she had pictured babies there had always been a distinct separation between herself and the children. Almost as if she was watching over the scene without actually being there yet feeling everything one would assume came along with the territory. That was someone else's life that she was looking down upon, never had she pictured herself in the mother's hooves instead of her idealist picture perfect mare. It was frightening when she thought about it as her ideal family had always consisted of a mother, father and child. How could she manage on her own to withhold those ideals of what a family should be?

A soft sigh escaped her as she managed to lose herself in the task of gathering the needed herbs. It wasn't until her friend spoke that she managed to pull herself back out of her thoughts. Forcing a small smile she cocked one ear towards the paint making sure that she didn't let her mind slip away again. "I'm sure your right but I can't help but worry about things. My mother was killed when I was young so I really don't know what to expect. The Edge has been my first home since then and I just feel kinda lost when it comes to figuring out how to be a mother." Her words came softly as her concerns slowly let themselves be known. Perhaps Parelia might be able to give her a few things that all mothers should know as when it came to the so called mothering gene she seemed to have failed to inherit it.

Feeding off her friend's contagious good mood and positive outlooks on life she couldn't help but smirk as the soft tassels grazed her flank. Conversing with another was definitely better than talking to yourself or letting your thoughts drown you, a pleasant change regardless the way you looked at it. Amusement brushed across her as she looked up to see Parelia smacking her lips thanks to the taste of the yarrow. She had done something similar the first time she had tried to handle the plant only she had been trying to drown the taste with water at the time. "Well I never asked you to eat it." She joked playfully chucking aloud as she tossed the final leaves into their pile as she drew her head up once more.

NOTES: Sure sounds good, did you want Dragomir to post first and then Brisa join it?