Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
G
A
U
C
H
O
<style type="text/css">.words {font: 14px/13px droid sans; color: #454444; text-align: justify; padding: 20px 0 20px 0;} .words:first-letter {font: 50px/50px oswald; float: left; text-transform: uppercase; margin: -2px 1px -7px 0;}</style>
Ever the warrior Gaucho simply could not be content with completing this task as quickly as possible. Of course he did not want to take longer than necessary, but the Wildfire deemed what he was about to do entirely necessary.

Gaucho wanted to spar. Even while handicapped. Especially while handicapped in fact.

After depositing the oil onto the land-bridge in the Throat, the voices of those around him had flooded back into his ears. The sound was deafening at first - even Mara's mental voice seemed to boom within his mind - but gradually things simmered down to a tolerable level. Almost tolerable anyways; Gaucho had gotten used to the quiet. However as one sense returned and another left (sight for touch), Gaucho found himself again struggling with the missing sensation. Being unable to hear the words spoken by an opponent didn't strike Gaucho as much of a disadvantage. If anything, given his recent spar with Bucephalus (whose constant nattering had fueled a haphazard rage within Gaucho) it might actually have been an advantage. However this seemed like something he needed to test himself against. Not being able to feel the touch of another meant he wouldn't know where he was struck or the extent of an injury. Oh he would feel pain that was nearly certain, but pain could be...misleading. Shock and confused nerve endings could indicate a lesser injury where in fact a serious one was, further damaging an area that was already strained and thus exacerbating the problem.

It was an opportunity the Wildfire couldn't resist.

Gliding to the Island (drawn there in vain hopes he would stumble upon the murderer in the place of origin), Gaucho descended near one of the edges with a snort. He eyed the clouds that formed a protective ring around the circumference of the Island, wondering mildly if they would be buoyant enough to hold a body (of course not knowing that they were in fact protective). He decided not to venture into the grove of cherry trees (as Buce had called it romantic last time), instead pacing where he had landed. The area was rather grassy, having apparently suffered no stunted growth from the particularly nasty Frostfall they had just come out of. The grass was lush and tall, parted only by a creek that rushed toward and off the side of the Island. Gaucho peered over, watching as the droplets spilled and disappeared somewhere below, vaguely wondering if there was a constant shower in the Veins below.

"COME." Gaucho yelled, a little too loudly. He was still getting used to hearing his own voice again and was still adjusting the volume of his voice. "FIGHT ME."

Cantering forward away from the edge, Gaucho bucked rambunctiously, squealing with pleasure as his hooves slammed into the earth tearing up clumps of dirt and grass. Halting, he reared pawing at the midday sun and tossing his nose before returning all four hooves to the earth.

Setting: Midday. Average temperature, slight breeze. Set near one of the edges in a grassy field with a stream running through it.

Timeline: Regular
WC: 499
Attack: 0.3
Teaching notes: None yet!

@[Panzram] - Feel free to attack first!

Table coding by the lovely Sevin!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

The days had begun to come and go as quickly as one could blink, the snow melting away to reveal fresh vegetation and bringing new life the lands. What was the name these Helovians called spring? The answering call of a melodious lark answered my question with a vibrant song that announced his presence in his latest search for a mate, Birdsong. "How original..." The sarcasm laced words never left my lips, only fleeting through my thoughts before trailing off onto a tangent. Why did the Helovians seek to have "creative" names for everything, even then the seasons? Birdsong, tallsun...They all made sense, for the names themselves were a description directly in corelation with their assigned season. But honestly, what was wrong with continuing to use "Spring?" I suppose it delved back into the lores of their Gods, and there desperate need to create something beautiful from just about anything.

Well try as they might, the beauty of these lands were quickly falling to ruin with the ramage of a murderous fool running loose. Blood seemed to be spilling everywhere, slain bodies of young and old, innocent and virtuous, vile and decrepit. It was the very reason I found myself returning to the mysterious floating island in an attempt to dig up any more possible clues. Only a few minutes had passed before the ludacris shoutings of a harebrained fool caught my attention. With forged interested I veered myself towards the direction of the demanding voice, auds flicking to catch the sound of a stream trickling a short distance from me.

As I splashed through the waters, my dark gaze settles on the massive stallion that was bucking about like a colt in his first spring time. As my head tilted to the side while i watched him, I tried to gather why he was begging someone to come and fight him. He was a large hybrid with an impressive rack of antlers and wings with a span large enough to provide a heavy blow even from a short distance. I saw no reason as to why he would find the need to draw such attention to himself, he certainly didn't look like someone that one should accept a challenge from without fear. Perhaps he was like an exotic insect, flashing about his wings and showing his colors all while buzzing away at a pesky predator in an attempt to scare them off. Yes, that must be it. This stallion was a mere insect, a collosal pest that probably made a sharper noise than it did a sting. A sly smile tugged at my lips, playing at the idea of granting this beast's request as the winged one slowed his pace. What harm could it do?

As the stranger gave a final rear, an accepting nicker escaped my lips. I stood to his left, facing his barrel and hoping that it would give me enough time to dodge any head on collision with the multiple tines of his rack. "Challenge accepted!" The words had barely slipped through my teeth before I reared onto my hind legs, balancing for a moment and kicking out at the air. Hurling my weight forward, I slammed into the earth at a full charge, angling my horns directly towards his left wing. If I would have any sort of leeway in this battle, one of my first attempts would have to be to keep him grounded. With any luck, this demanding fellow would have the common courtesy of sticking to the earth to face his attacker rather than fleeing to the heavens with his tail between his legs. Then again, whoever said this was going to be a fair fight?

With that thought in mind, I suddenly changed my course ever so slighty, turning my head to the left as I prepared myself for a hopeful solid impact. Should my plan of attack work accordingly, my right shoulder could potentially slam into his wing. If the stallion was quick enough to move his wing, there was still the off chance that I could charge into his side where his ribs were. At the angle of my head, still turned to the side, there was a chance that I could even scrape against his shoulder or neck. This stallion asked for a fight and it was too late now. He got what he came for.

Word Count: 734
Attack: 1/3

Summary: Panzram is charging towards Gaucho from the left, and last second turned his head towards the left to use his shoulder like a battering ram to aim to hit either Gaucho's wing or side. His head is still angle so the tips of his horns may scrape along the shoulder up towards his neck.

Tag: @[Gaucho] - I am SO sorry for the wait!

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
G
A
U
C
H
O
<style type="text/css">.words {font: 14px/13px droid sans; color: #454444; text-align: justify; padding: 20px 0 20px 0;} .words:first-letter {font: 50px/50px oswald; float: left; text-transform: uppercase; margin: -2px 1px -7px 0;}</style>
Panzram's words sounded like a cacophony of sound as they entered Gaucho's ears, even though the syllables were relatively few, and the intonation regular.

As Panzram rose onto his hind-legs in what was presumably a show of strength or perhaps a precursor to a charge, Gaucho's formidable and flaming wings unfolded from his sides. If the oddly patterned stallion wanted to play the whose is bigger game, Gaucho was more than up for the challenge. Gaucho's blue-striped chest swiveled to face his weirdly-horned opponent, just as he began to charge. The dun hadn't any time to allow his gaze to linger on Panz' odd assortment of horns (or was it all one horn?), although he had sparred enough unicorns in his past to know that it would surely be used as a weapon, and if the stallion wasn't a completely idiot, a fairly effective one in close quarters.

Gaucho's ears flattened against his skull as his hind legs ignited with energy beneath him, propelling him forward to meet Panz' attack. Gaucho's nose was brought inward, so that his antlers pointed outwards slightly. The unicorn's horn looked barbed, or perhaps merely spiked. Trying to catch it in his antlers would have to be a last resort, lest he take one of those red-tipped points to the eye. However that didn't seem to be a problem, for when they were hardly more than a stride out, his opponent's head turned slightly to the left. Conditioned by instincts and years of practice, Gaucho's body fluidly surged slightly to the left as well, placing their shoulders on a collision course. It was a move Gaucho had used many times - although much more frequently since he received his bone collar a few seasons prior. Although the spikes weren't terribly long - only 2 inches at the most - they provided a wonderful deterrent. And for those who didn't heed their visual warning, offered lovely scars.

With a grunt, Gaucho braced for impact. However no amount of forethought could have prepared him for what was about to come.

As Panzram's body collided with his own, Gaucho should have been able to feel their flesh momentarily meld together. It was a sensation that he had experienced often in day to day life, and perhaps even more during spars. Feeling the heat of another's body as their muscles strain and pull against your own; taking the moisture that their body produces as your own, coating your hide with their foam and lather and scent. How many times during BirdSong, when shedding was high had he come away from a spar covered in the hair of another? Either leaving molted looking, or with a thicker coat as if he had gained hair?

Gaucho knew that he was going to feel shoulder against shoulder - knew it for his body calculated that they would certainly collide - and if you could have paused time, Gaucho could have explained exactly how it would feel, having felt the way this exact attack felt many a time before.

So when it didn't come, when the feeling of pain was not accompanied by any tension or point of impact, Gaucho's mind reeled nearly as much as his body did. The unicorn's forceful shove sent Gaucho stumbling abruptly to the left. His shock at having felt nothing during the point of impact cost Gaucho the opportunity to shove his spikes into his newly minted opponent - any injury from them would have to have been out of his own stupidity, rather than Gaucho's planning. Gritting his teeth as his legs quickly calibrated to the circle Panzram forced him onto, he cantered sharply to the left (his primitive guidance system's attempt at avoiding a kick from the unicorn in passing), antlered skull swinging inward to try and find his wraith-like attacker. There was something extremely unsettling about the dull ache that blossomed up through his left shoulder and the base of his neck given that it was unaccompanied by any sort of physical instigation. Not one that Gaucho felt anyways.

Still mentally recoiling, Gaucho fanned his blackened wings downwards, shooting an arc of fire out from his already burning feathers. The blast radiated outwards from him, losing energy at around 30ft. But that was enough, or so the Wildfire thought. It was the Sun God's magic that was at work on Gaucho, not a trick that the appaloosa had under his control. Whether or not Gaucho could feel Panzram's attacks, the Wildfire was sure that he would be able to feel Gaucho's.

Everything burns if the temperature is hot enough.

Setting: Midday. Average temperature, slight breeze. Set near one of the edges in a grassy field with a stream running through it.
Summary: Charges at Panz - he moves left when Panz does so that their right shoulders collide. Gaucho rebounds off to the left and canters a tight circle looking for Panz, and shooting an arc of fire in his direction.

WC: 760
Attack: 1.3
Teaching notes:

I think you did a really great job of explaining Panz's reason for being on the Island and for sparring Gaucho. The whole "his bark is probably stronger than his bite" thing really works given that he's hollering, and I really liked the analogy to a brightly coloured insect - given that he has brightly coloured markings himself!

I especially liked Panz's musings about the namings of the seasons here, as I've often been like FFFFTTT WAT SEASON IS THIS. WHERE AM I. HOW DO THESE WORK, so I'm right on board with him. In fact, Gaucho probably would be too.

One thing I would suggest when sparring is to look at the items that your partner has, as well as their magic and companion. I didn't really say Mara was hiding, so Panz might have seen her (she is rather long and steel coloured, so she contrasts with him rather than blending in), and you'll have to watch for his magic. I try and describe it accurately, but sometimes it might be confusing (or in sparring others it might be confusing), and so knowing exactly what your opponent is capable of (their magic restrictions) can be super helpful. The biggest thing I would say given your attack, is maybe not taking into account Gaucho's spiked-collar as much as you should have. You mention that Panz' body might hit Gaucho's shoulders, which is going to send it right into about 2 inches of pointy bone. Ouch.

So when sparring it's always good to look into those things so that you can plan ahead for attacks! It's also a great way to take realistic damage!

All in all your attack was great. My only suggestion is to try and think of how your opponent might respond and possibly account for that. If Gaucho stood still, I think your attack would be solid. HOWEVER, Panz calls out to him and rears BEFORE charging. So it isn't like Gaucho is just going to stand there. Even if this wasn't a spar I think most equines would probably face each other. Given that, it sort of makes Panz' head turn ineffective because he's actually moving it away from Gaucho. One way to account for this might be just the added line of "...and should the giant idiot be smart enough to face me , so be it. My shoulder would find flesh to shove, and my horn would seek out his wither or whatever else he might put in my path." Something like that?

Xyroca

At some point during my charge and the mysterious stallion's roundabout to take my charge head on, I managed to catch a glimpse of the spiked collar that wrapped around his neck. With some luck, I had managed to avoid it when our shoulders collided with a rather painful thud. Despite the throb that was beginning to roll down my own shoulder, I was merely grateful that I had not thrown my skull against that collar. The brunt of the impact did not last long, and soon I felt the beast's warmth leave my side, his flesh no longer pressed against my skin. Instinctively, I attempted to buck out with my hind right leg as the larger hybrid circled around.

Nothing.

As soon as I realized that my hoof would hit only air, I rounded about to my left as well, mirroring the brute to face him. And by the Gods, I wish I hadn't. With only seconds to spare, I tightly shut my eyes against against a growing wall of dangerous fire. Every inch of my body suddenly, though temporarily, felt the intense lick of the flames as the arc passed over me. As soon as I felt the arc pass my eyes, my eyes shot open to avoid being attacked, lips pulled into a grimace and teeth grinding together to fight the unexpected pain. My left side had received the majority of the magical attack and the putrid smell of burning hair filled the air, my mane still smoking in sections. Dark orbs narrowed towards my opponent, rage filling my heart for the stallion. The short hairs along the left side of my barrel felt singed, the skin sensitive to even the air trying to kiss the burns.

That son of a bitch.

I didn't even have time to contemplate the reasons I had allowed myself to misjudge this character, no time to curse the bastard or to wonder why I always seemed to get involved with pegasi with fire magic. At least this brute's magic lingered for only but a few seconds before dissipating and passing through. In the past, I had been made to feel every agonizing second when a red stallion constantly kept his burning flesh and wings against me. Had it not been for a chance thunderstorm, there was a chance I never would have been able to fight this stallion now.

I didn't have time to think about any of that.

Instead of focusing on the past, I threw myself into the present in a bizarre attempt to keep as close-range to this stallion as possible. If I was as close as I could be to the brute, perhaps I could prevent him from being able to drop his wings and create another wave of fire. Even if the stallion did manage to get one out, the flames would be at their most condensed state, giving me the chance to only face localized injuries. My head lowered towards the earth to build momentum, I suddenly swung upward with a dangerous thrust of my horns. While I did this, I swung my hind legs quickly towards the right, pivoting in a half circle. This was to attempt to place myself as close to his body as possible, to hell with the flames on his wings, I wanted to get underneath them. It also served as a way for me to avoid any potential stabs the brute may attempt while my head was down.

While my head raised up, I stepped forward to close in the space between us. My goal was to rip along the tenderness of his neck. I wanted to make this stallion feel a sudden rush of intense pain as he had just done for me. I wanted to feel the taunt muscles underneath his bay hide to tense in a meager attempt to resist the multiple points of hardened bone, then suddenly give way to pierce close to an important artery. I wanted to refresh the blood stains along my crown, to earn the nickname Beloved had so fittingly bestowed to me. Crown of Blood. I wanted to feel that sweet, metallic warmth drip down onto my muzzle and relinquish the blood lust I had been feeling since I had arrived to Helovia.

To try and prevent the stallion from completely avoiding my upward jab, I snapped at his hooves with a rush of adrenaline. I had no intention of actually biting him there, and preferred to keep this sexy facade as far away from his hefty hooves as possible. But I needed to encourage him to stay near me. I would settle for missing his neck for another target, but oh, how I hoped to rip into that delicious throat.

OOC: @[Gaucho]
Attacks: 2/3
Damage: Burns along left side, sore right shoulder.

Summary: When Gaucho spins around, Panz does the same and is hit by the flame arc. Just as the flame arc leaves him Panz closes the distance, lowers his head and snaps the air close to Gaucho's legs right before thrusting upwards with his horn. While he tosses his head up his hind legs circle towards the right in an attempt to put his body close to Gaucho's and under the right wing.
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.
Ascended Helovian

G
A
U
C
H
O
As his fiery attack fanned outwards, Gaucho took the handful of seconds he had to evaluate his injuries. His shoulder was not seriously wounded even though it would likely be sore the next morning. The stiffness for now had not spread far, and although the muscle begged for rest and perhaps a few stretches, it could easily be ignored.

As Panzram burst through his flames, Gaucho leaned backwards raising his forelegs about a foot off the ground. With a loud grunt his hooves plummeted downwards rattling the ground as if the weight of his body was suddenly hundreds of times heavier than it was. Hopefully that would knock the unicorn off course.

Gaucho's ears pinned against his skull as his own antlered crown lowered. He had wanted to avoid a horn-confrontation but it appeared as though it would be unavoidable. The Wildfire was prepared to try and catch Panz's horns as he neared, until the stallion suddenly swung to the side. Gaucho couldn't tell if it was his minor-tremor which had thrown him off, or if perhaps he was stung by an insect. He watched confused as the splattered unicorn's hind-end suddenly swung to the right. It was his confusion that ultimately enabled what would come next, for it encouraged a lack of movement on Gaucho's part. Even his primitive brain couldn't interpret what it was the stallion was doing until it was too late.

Planned or not the unicorn's body was suddenly closer than Gaucho expected. Almost immediately a feeling like a scorching line of fire blossomed around Gaucho's shoulder, moving steadily upwards. Or at least it felt like it was. Unable to feel the point of impact - Panz's horn tip - the dun didn't immediately pull away. The instinct to lessen the severity by distancing himself from the pressure didn't register, for there was no pressure to feel. Instead in the fraction of a second after the pain set in Gaucho actually leaned into the jaded horn which only succeeded in tearing his flesh more.

The inability to feel was proving to be much more of a hindrance than the Wildfire ever thought possible.

Unable to tell her bonded fast enough of his mistake, Mara did the only thing she could think to do: attack in his stead. As Panz's horn sliced the darkened skin of her bonded, Mara's lightning fast reflexes took over. Holding onto Gaucho's antlers with the end of her tail, her long slender body streaked towards the right side of Panzram's neck. Glistening fangs dripping with venom sought to find the flesh of the unicorn.

As Mara's body retracted Gaucho threw himself to the left away from the searing pain that had now enveloped the right side of his neck. His right wing snapped downwards instinctively for the strain of holding it upwards pulled at the muscles in his neck. If he hit the crest of Panz's neck with its descent so be it, although he was vaguely aware of Panz's head lowering as well as the snapping of teeth. Roaring with pain Gaucho's hind-quarters swung to the left as he retreated to try and bring his bulk around so that he would be facing the horned devil. Blood dribbled down his neck where a fairly lengthy incision had been made. The dun couldn't remember the last time such a mark had been placed upon his body. It was both exhilarating and frustrating. Had he gotten soft? Or had he merely found an opponent worth sparring? Time would tell. Perhaps the unicorn simply got lucky.

Gaucho's nose dropped and tilted slightly to the right. As much as he wanted to let his nose touch the ground he refrained - blood would exit the wound much more quickly if he allowed gravity to interfere. Grunting as magic gurgled once again in this veins, incited by the blood spilled by Panzram, two large shapes spilled from his antlers composed entirely of fire. One was a bear and the other a stag, but both were nearly as large as Gaucho was. The duo lunged forward, with the stag aiming for Panz's right shoulder and the bear for his left. Claws and horns stretched outwards meaning to target the stallion's chest and shoulders, aiming to push him backwards with their fiery assault, away from their wounded conjurer.

Gaucho used Mara's eyes to inspect the wound, trying not to let the pain that tore through his mind reflect in his gaze. It was long - nearly half a foot, though only the center was very deep. That was the point at which Gaucho had leaned it. Were it deeper the Wildfire might have conjured a small bird to cauterize the wound. Although after his second flaming attack on the unicorn he doubted this little dance would last long enough for that to be necessary.

Summary: Gaucho lowers his head thinking Panz is going to horn attack him and is surprised when he flips around to be close to him. Because he can't feel he actually leans into Panz' horn attack on his neck for a moment - at the same time Mara strikes trying to bite the right side of Panz's neck using her venom. Gaucho pulls away and spins to try and face Panz, using his magic to conjure a bear and a stag composed of fire who try to attack the unicorn's shoulder simultaneously.

WC: 800
Attack: 2.3
Teaching notes:

NICE! I think you really blended in a mixture of emotions and history into this post. None of it felt phoney to me, and I really felt Panz's desire to show Gaucho whose boss in tension with the "fuck why did I underestimate you."

I also like how Panz' strategy is to stay close to Gaucho. This makes a lot of sense, since most his attacks are long range (like body slamming, fire throwing etc). But don't forget about Mara! She's good close range! :D

My only suggestion is to make sure your attacks are very clear. I had to re-read your attack a few times and I'm still not sure I've got it right. I think it's because there's a lack of directionality (You're trying to hit Gauchos' neck, but where? Which of his hooves are you snapping at? Front or back? Left or right?) This sentence also started awkwardly: My head lowered towards the earth to build momentum, I suddenly swung upward with a dangerous thrust of my horns - before that you write that Panz 'throws himself into the present', but nothing suggests he actually starts moving. So I was sort of surprised when all of a sudden he was building momentum. Then he 'suddenly swing(s) upward' - does he stop? Or just he try to crash into Gaucho? It can't be that he crashes into him, because then you write, While I did this, I swung my hind legs quickly towards the right, pivoting in a half circle. Since I don't know which side you're coming from I don't know if this is meant to hit him. I also don't really understand the mechanics of this maneuver. I'm now assuming he's coming from .... Gaucho's right side? Because if he swings his ass to the right, that would push his nose towards Gaucho's neck, which is I think what you want since he tries to attack that area.

But then there was this: To try and prevent the stallion from completely avoiding my upward jab, I snapped at his hooves with a rush of adrenaline. So far it is going like this in my mind: Panz lunges forward with his horn down, throws his ass outwards to become more or less parallel (or maybe just perpendicular) with Gaucho (facing roughly the same direction on Gaucho's right), and then raises his horn to attack his neck. So how is he ALSO going to snap at Gaucho's hooves? If this was supposed to come before it's really confusing that you wrote it after - but it seemingly can't come after the horn attack since the whole point was that you wanted the biting to make it so he couldn't avoid the horn jab.

Lastly, I wonder about the realism of avoiding Gaucho's spiked collar for this attack. I mean, the leather sits around his neck and on his shoulders, so if he was close enough to hit Panz with his shoulder, how could Panz avoid the spikes?

Xyroca

Oh sweet, delicious, delirious, intoxicating success! Just feeling that tension break beneath my horns released enough dopamine into my bloodstream that a sick smile spread across my lips. When the blades scraped along his neck, I felt damn near euphoric and relished in the sensations as the hybrid's blood began to trickle down onto my muzzle. This was what I was meant for, this was what I had missed during all of my wasted time in Helovia.

Certainly, he could easily overtake me due to my own mistake of misjudging him, but the success of this singular attack revived a part of me that I had thought was beginning to die. Helovia had made me soft, caused me to be patient and obedient to so called 'leaders' and gods that I had never met, holding back my true intentions for the sake of their precious peace. It was this revitalizing spar that reminded me of what I had become, and rather than whisper about who I was, it shattered through all the barriers and screamed at the top of its lungs. I would have to thank this stallion one day...

Before I could lose myself in the exhilaration, a sharp, stinging pain struck the right side of my neck. 'What!?' Immediately I pulled away, lips parting with an angered cry as I stumbled back to look at my opponent, desperately searching for the cause. My dark gaze looked up, settling on a steel gray snake nestled into the brute's antlers. 'You...' I could barely even form a coherent thought before my vision began to blur, and nervously I pulled away in fear of being attacked while temporarily blinded. Silently I cursed the snake, only vocalizing a pain-filled snarl as I struggled to keep my balance. 'I will end you.'

Aside from the typical panting associated with fights, my sides began to heave, it was difficult to breathe. Friendly battle or not, that venomous vermin would die at my hooves one day. Through the haze of my blurred vision, a sudden brightness brought my attention back to the battle. Did the hybrid shoot another wall of fire at me? For a second, I tensed up to prepare myself for the inevitable wall to grow larger and engulf me. However, it wasn't growing bigger. It was growing more...defined. My crown tilted to the left with confusion, and it wasn't long before I realized that the flames were forming the shapes of animals. 'Holy. SHIT.' The creatures lunged towards me, all while the the hybrid stallion received a moment to recuperate. 'You've got to be shitting me. Fight your own fucking battle instead of using your magic tricks!'

With a fire bear to my left and a fire stag to my right, I weighed my options on which one to trust myself against. Quickly I bolted towards the left, but the fiery bear did not let me get away easily. A searing pain scraped along my chest from the makeshift claws, dragging flames along to leave streaks of burns. There was no way I could actually fight these things, they weren't even real! I would simply have to do my best to avoid them without allowing them to push me too far away from the fire-wielder. My hooves drummed beneath me as I cantered in a clockwise circle around the two magical beasts, rounding about until I could charge towards the hybrid stallion again. Facing him from his left, I boldly charged in an attempt to outrun his puppets and deceive the brute into thinking I was planning another horn attack. To use my horns was simply too obvious now, especially with his blasted pet on his head.

Shortly before reaching him, I locked my forelegs in front of me and tucked my hind legs underneath my barrel to skid to a stop. On shaky legs I reared up halfway, unable to balance myself for a full rear thanks to his stupid snake. Mouth parted towards the stallion, teeth bared and ready to grab any peace of him that I possibly could. His ear would be helpful, a heavy enough bite with a strong enough downward pull and I could rip it. Nothing like potentially causing permanent hearing loss to your opponent because their pet bit you, right? I could even try going for his rack, latching my slobbering bite onto a tier and drag him down towards me. The chances of succeeding with that were incredibly rare however, knowing that I would risk severe injury. Not only would my blurred vision affect where my bite landed, but there was still that nasty worm on his head. Maybe I'd get lucky and I could snatch her up? Highly unlikely, but I could dream...

Attacks: 3/3
Words: 800 exactly
Damage: Burns along left side, sore right shoulder, snake bite on right side of neck. Currently has blurred vision, shakiness and trouble breathing. Fresh burns running across his chest.

Summary: Panzram backed away when Mara bit him, giving enough space for the fire creatures to form in front of him. He tries to outrun them, getting struck by the fire bear in the process. He runs in a clockwise circle around them, winding around so he can keep running away from the fire animals and towards Gaucho. Unable to balance to do a full rear/front hoof attack, Panz settles for a bite attack.

Ascended Helovian

G
A
U
C
H
O
Blood continued to dribble down Gaucho's neck, although it had begun the process of clotting. It was not the bleeding that Gaucho found problematic, but the incredible restriction of motion that he felt. From just behind his jaw to his shoulder felt completed shredded, even though the wound itself was clean and only half a foot long. The pain snaked outwards, playing tricks on his senses (as if Gaucho hadn't already had enough of that). He was thankful for the reprieve his creations gave him. A good warrior knows when to use the tools that are at his disposal.

Besides, they didn't call him the Wildfire for nothing.

Continuing to remain still he watched as Panzram snaked away from his flaming monsters, grinning grimly as burn marks seared the oddly-patterned flesh of his opponent. Through labored breaths Gaucho pivoted on his forehand, trying to keep the circling stallion squarely before him. He knew that if he needed to, his mind would be able to overcome the pain that tore relentlessly at his thoughts, but he would not flail needlessly. He was not some young buck who needed to demonstrate his prowess by galloping around the battlefield, nor was there anyone here to show off to. Besides - he thought the unicorn nearly as wounded as He - or perhaps Mara's bite has dangerously numbed his pain. Either way, the dun didn't think this battle would last much longer.

As the unicorn charged forward, Gaucho raised his left hoof and slammed it into the earth, causing the grasses to rumble and tremble as if some minor tremor had just passed through. It wasn't much, but if Mara's poison had seeped into the unicorn's system, perhaps it would be enough to knock him off balance.

Gaucho set his left shoulder more towards his oncoming attacker, thinking that if there was to be an impact, he didn't want it on his right side. However as Panz slid to a stop, leaning backwards and upwards to gain height and bite, Gaucho too tried to raise himself slightly in the air - more so to position his head high and out of the reach of snapping teeth.

Unable to feel the actual sensation of Panz's teeth as they bit onto the muscled flesh of Gaucho's neck, the Wildfire made the same sort of mistake he had when he had been sliced by his opponent's horn. However this time instead of pushing into the pain as he had done before, he pulled his neck away, curling his nose to the right to dislodge the unicorn's teeth from his flesh. In doing so however he only succeeded in allowing Panz to break and tear the skin. If he hadn't moved, perhaps the unicorn would have simply let go. As it was now, a teeth shaped blood-blister ring bubbled on the left side of his neck. Although not nearly as badly injured as the right side of his neck was, the parallel pulsing of pain on either side had a dizzying and disorienting effect.

Gaucho's left foreleg sought to shove the stallion's chest backwards as his large body returned to the ground. The dun's right foreleg moved in tandem with his left but its aim was not to find Panz's skin, for fear of further injuring the right side of Gaucho's already wounded neck.

Continuing to try and bully the stallion backwards, Gaucho pushed off with his hind end to more or less body-check his left shoulder towards Panz, hoping to hit his chest or shoulder with his spikes depending on how the unicorn had come down from his half rear.

Gaucho grit his teeth together preparing for the impact that wouldn't come - if he hit his opponent, all he would feel is his body stopping. He wouldn't (and hadn't) felt the heat or sweat of the unicorn, couldn't feel his flesh. When this quest was over, he would have Mara slither over every inch of his body just to remind him what actual contact felt like. Although maybe there was someone else equally up to the task...

His mind thought of Ampere as his bulk sought to drive Panzram backwards with enough force to end this spar. He was done with this - Gaucho didn't want to be reminded of the sensation he had lost any more.

Let it be finished.

Summary: Gaucho lowers his head thinking Panz is going to horn attack him and is surprised when he flips around to be close to him. Because he can't feel he actually leans into Panz' horn attack on his neck for a moment - at the same time Mara strikes trying to bite the right side of Panz's neck using her venom. Gaucho pulls away and spins to try and face Panz, using his magic to conjure a bear and a stag composed of fire who try to attack the unicorn's shoulder simultaneously.

WC: 720
Attack: 3.3
Teaching notes:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. THIS!!! Certainly, he could easily overtake me due to my own mistake of misjudging him, but the success of this singular attack revived a part of me that I had thought was beginning to die. Helovia had made me soft, caused me to be patient and obedient to so called 'leaders' and gods that I had never met, holding back my true intentions for the sake of their precious peace. It was this revitalizing spar that reminded me of what I had become, and rather than whisper about who I was, it shattered through all the barriers and screamed at the top of its lungs. I would have to thank this stallion one day... EPIC. So much win here. I absolutely LOVED this.

'You've got to be shitting me. Fight your own fucking battle instead of using your magic tricks!' -- I couldn't tell. Is he saying this out loud? I've just gotten used to words being in a different colour, but having it in apostrophes rather than quotations made me second guess whether or not it was speech vs thoughts. Regardless, I really liked this, and sort of wonder why more people don't call Gaucho out on relying on his magic so much.

So once again, you're NAILING the emotional bit. No more to say on that, keep doing what you're doing. I think you also did exceedingly well with describing Panz's movements this time :D

The only thing I could mention has to do with damage. I think you took the right amount (given that it was 12.5pts) but I wanted to have it described a little more. I know it hindered him (you mention that twice), but it wasn't fleshed out enough for me. Did Mara's bite itself hurt? He's panting and his vision is blurry but how bad? Why is it he can't fully rear up? Balance? Nausea?

Really this is only minor though - this post was extremely well written otherwise.

Xyroca

There is a delicious taste when a blood-thirsty attack is successful, especially when the likelihood of the success was greatly compromised because of your opponent's fucking pet. Thanks to the side effects of the venom injected into my neck, having been forced into my bloodstream so quickly, I was struggling to stay in the heat of the battle. The behemoth before me was still a blurred image, as though I was watching the battle from outside my body in slow motion. It was a miracle that I even made contact at all in my eyes, but when the salty sweat of his skin coated my tongue with a mouthful of the muscle on his neck, I immediately pulled myself back with locked jaws. Though my bite had hit it's mark, there was no time for me to relish in the moment and cause more damage.

The hybrid had reared up on me. When did he do that? Had I been that disoriented to not even notice such an obvious move? 'Damn it!' It was all I could think of as the stallion began to shove me away, his left leg shoving against my chest and further destabilizing me. My legs quivered beneath me as I attempted to remain upright, slowly stepping backwards as the stallion used his sheer size against me. Sharp, needle-like stabs pierced into my chest and scratched along the flesh as I was met with a final shove. Blood trickled from the small gashes left by the stallion's collar, but they were the least of my concern. The force alone finally knocked me off of my balance, my legs buckling beneath me as I tumbled back onto my side. Hooves scrambled to push myself away from the stallion in a desperate attempt to keep from getting trampled, a rush of adrenaline coursing through my veins in the panic.

As quickly as I possibly could I rolled back onto my stomach to get my hooves back underneath me, rushing to pull myself up to return to a stand. My dark gaze never left the hybrid, keeping a careful eye on the brute's hooves should he attempt to kick me while I was down. When I at last regained my footing, having only been laying on the earth for a matter of seconds, I kept my horns facing the stallion while I otherwise remained still. My sides heaved with pants trying to catch my breath, sweat and blood gleamed off my bruised and burned coat while my legs shook beneath me. This stallion...He was not an insect. Not by any means. As much as I hated to admit it, I had to face the facts that I had made a mistake that could have proven fatal if the stallion so chose. Oh no, he was no bug. He relied far too much on his magic in my personal opinion, but I could not blame him for using what he had to his full advantages. Part of me wondered if I could have been more triumphant if the hybrid had been powerless, or perhaps if I was granted my own powers. "I misjudged you." I managed to speak, my vision finally beginning to sharpen just enough for me to see his features a little more clearly. The confession was a severe blow to my pride, though it was completely necessary as well.

With my breathing returning to a regular rate, I dipped my nose in a nod of respect towards the stallion. The snake however, she earned herself an icy glare with a scrunched nose of disdain. Though I would force myself to stay polite to this stallion, lest risk being killed, I would not forget this battle. All the emotions that had been reawakened, the rush of dopamine and endorphins, the way his blood collected on the points of my horns like garnets and rubies...No, this would be a turning point for me. This would be a day to remember, a reason to push myself further. Perhaps, later on...The stallion before me would not find it so easy to knock me on my ass again...My tail lashed angrily at the reminder of the fall, lips curled back with a surprised snarl when the hairs stung the raw flesh from the burns. 'Son of a bitch...'

Words: 725
Summary: The shove dug Gaucho's spiked collar into his chest just before Panz fell back, basically landing on his ass then rolling to his side. He kicked at the ground to try and push himself away from Gaucho before standing up.

Thank you so much for all the advice! I'm sorry for the late post, but the spar is finally finished!

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: GAUCHO is the winner!

PANZRAM
Realism [+1]
:: To try and prevent the stallion from completely avoiding my upward jab, I snapped at his hooves with a rush of adrenaline. I’m a little confused about this attack. I thought Panzram’s head was thrown up in the air towards Gaucho’s neck. How are his teeth near Gaucho’s feet?
:: I would have liked to feel like Panzram was in a little more pain, or at least have slightly more description of the damage, after Gaucho’s flame attack. I felt like you gave me damage for a 3, I wanted just a little more since he rolled a 4. Similarly, I would have liked to see more consideration of the burns in your future posts. They seemed to be a little forgotten after the moment.
:: I know that Gaucho placed the attack a little far back, but I didn’t see any response to the ground tremors that Gaucho caused.
:: Considering Panzram’s experience with Mara, I thought it would have been more realistic of him to attack Gaucho’s back end instead of near the antlers where the snake was, but I didn’t think there was anything inherently wrong with the attack in your third post.
:: In your defense post, you took way too much damage. Gaucho only rolled a 1, but you had Panzram fall down. That’s a huge deal for a horse- they really avoid going down at all cost.
:: You did work in some breed comments in the beginning, but it would have been nice to have the scenery utilized during the fight.

Emotion [+2]
:: Yes, that must be it. This stallion was a mere insect, a collosal pest that probably made a sharper noise than it did a sting. Nice! I particularly enjoyed this line.
:: I would have liked to see some mention about what Panzram felt about charging at a stallion whose wings were flaming, since he wouldn’t necessarily know they did no harm.
:: I really liked reading about Panzram’s strategies- especially his desire to remain close to Gaucho in your second post.
:: 'You've got to be shitting me. Fight your own fucking battle instead of using your magic tricks!' Awesome!!
:: I can’t work it into your score, but the circular conclusion in your final post, where you refer back to your insect comment from post 1, was amazingly well done.

Prose [+3]
:: As I splashed through the waters, my dark gaze settles on the massive stallion that was bucking about like a colt in his first spring time. Tense switching
:: As soon as I felt the arc pass my eyes, my eyes shot open to avoid being attacked, This was worded just a little awkwardly. I think the second ‘my eyes’ could have easily been replaced with ‘they’

Readability [+2.5]
:: I just had to reread one time, where I got confused about Panzram snapping at Gaucho’s feet. Otherwise, well done!

Finally tally: 33.5+(8.5*2)= 50.5HP

GAUCHO
Realism [+3.5]
:: Great job describing how Gaucho felt nothing at his opponent’s attack, I thought you wrote it very well.
:: With a loud grunt his hooves plummeted downwards rattling the ground as if the weight of his body was suddenly hundreds of times heavier than it was. There’s nothing particularly wrong about this, except that you went back a little far in time to place the attack (before Panzram’s attack, in this case). This is going to make it so that Panzram has to go pretty far back in time to write his post, making it just a little awkward.
:: Good job keeping in mind the open wound on Gaucho’s side and working that into his decision making.
:: You did work in some breed comments in the beginning, but it would have been nice to have the scenery utilized during the fight.

Emotion [+2]
:: It was done so well, I had to mention it twice- great job with Gaucho’s thoughts about not feeling anything as he touched another. You did especially well with this in the second post.
:: As always, it’s clear you know Gaucho well and his warrior’s mind really shines through during spars.

Prose [+3]
:: That was the point at which Gaucho had leaned it. In
:: Besides - he thought the unicorn nearly as wounded as He - or perhaps Mara's bite has dangerously numbed his pain. Tense switching

Readability [+3]
:: No comments or concerns

Finally tally: 50.5+(11.5*2)= 73.5HP