the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Here's to the Zeros

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere
But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

Ardere seemed to be at home near the ocean waves as of late. She was beginning to move off and away from Laedere's shoulder. In fact, she was even doing loops and rolls in the air around Lae's crown. There was a gentle laugh from Lae as she allowed her limbs to fold beneath her. The lumbering frame resting in the sands and at the water's edge which lapped against her flesh.

Aye, why must it be so hot? Laedere was slowly roasting in this heat, and she could only thank the Gods that there was such a large source of water on these lands for her to rest in. Shallow water was Laedere's best friend. She had always been close enough to the ocean in Pompeii. But, she had never made it close enough to the water to save herself from losing most of her pelt to the ash and lava that had spewed from the volcano. Yes, her pelt had regenerated, just in a different colour (a light pink) in order to save her, and her wing never gained back the feathers that had gone missing from a chunk of ash.

Alas, Ardere was starting to get bored with Laedere, who was currently sunbathing in the shallow end of the water. So, in order to try and gather Laedere's attention, she floated over toward the water near her bonded (something only the little on truly understood) and turned her tail toward Lae. Then, Ardere began to slap the water with her tail-fin, forcing waves of water over her bonded in order to try and get Laedere to move. It didn't really work, though, for all that Laedere did was give a sharp snort, and then lifted her head to stare directly at Ardere with a harsh glare.

Aye, she was too tired to really fight this floating dolphin today. But, in this heat, she doubted that anyone would have that energy either.

"Laedere speaking." | Thoughts/others speaking.

@[Hertz] --- located on the sandy portion of the Heart to the West of the Dragon's Throat

Coding || Image Credits

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

It was exciting to finally be away from the Island on which I had been hatched born to Alija and Bucephalus. Exciting to finally be away from the watchful gaze of my mother who seemed to think that Aakesh and I were going to injure ourselves if we were even a little out of her sight. She was a healer though, so what did it matter if we got injured? Couldn't she just magically mend our broken bones thanks to the Sun God? Regardless, I wasn't planning on breaking any of my bones today as I trotted happily away from the landing point of the magical bridge. One of the wingless members had helped me across the sea with the use of their mystical key that gave them the ability to fly since I wasn't quite sure how to fly just yet and my flight feathers hadn't grown in entirely yet. The growing feathers looked strange, but one day they would be as glossy and beautiful as the feathers on Da's wings. Wings that I hoped would be as strong and powerful as those on the Wildfire himself.
A smirk tugged at the right corner of my navy stained lips while dark striped limbs struck out, the feeling of hot sand shifting beneath me made it feel like I was back on our stranded island. A sense of false security washed over my childish frame while I moved in closer to the shallow pool of water not far from the opening of the caves. Originally my intentions were to move closer to the cavern mouth, peek in and then go exploring in the dark tunnels until it was time to return home. But the idea of getting lost in the world of the mole horses kept me above ground and lingering in the hot sands wondering what I would do instead.
It seemed that trouble would find me today, rather than me causing it. The movement of the strange floating animal forced my bolted skull to snap around so baby blues could focus entirely on it's glowing orange striped face, hardly noticing the pink and green mare that rested on the banks of the body of water. A snort tore through paper thins as I moved closer urged onwards by curiosity as my mind tried to comprehend what I was seeing. Was this floating creature some kind of companion that hadn't yet reached our distant Island? It floated a little more, moving down towards the water before smacking the water with it's tail, then and only then did the mare's pale form come into focus as a wave of water crashed over her body. Grinning I skipped forward, closing the distance between the two of us a little more before stopping to speak up about the strange creature the mare was bonded too. "My name is Hertz! What is this thing?!" Always remembering the manners Ma taught us, I was sure to introduce myself to the pale mare before questioning her on her choice of a soulmate.

speech
Tag | @[Laedere]
Words | 508
Notes | Sorry I took so long hun <3
i'm not listening, no
i see you move your lips, but it sounds like gibberish
image credits
Please tag me in all posts!

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere
But if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

There was a young one approaching. Strange, really, for Laedere didn't instantly imagine a young child in the desert and alone. But, what could she do about it. Nothing really, except for, perhaps returning the foal to his home. Aye, now covered in water Laedere didn't exactly feel the urge to stand up either. She allowed the cool liquid to coat her frame, to relax her muscles, and to cool off her body before shifting her gaze to the sound of hoofbeats against sand.

Carefully, Laedere allowed a smile to grace her lips as Ardere floated up closer to the new, also winged creature. "Laedere, thine dolphin be'eth Ardere," Laedere introduced herself and her new animal before flicking her tail - spreading water everywhere in the process). "Tis a bestowal from thine God of Earth." she tried to explain, uncertain of what words she would need to use for the young one to understand her.

"What brings ye out here in thee sweltering weather, Hertz?" It was, after all, far too hot for this young one to be out alone. Yet, the young one was still here, and the sun was still scorching. And, Ardere still wanted to circle around, to dip into the water and spray it across the sand as she tried to play with Laedere who was far too tired to actually do anything. Today would be interesting, no? A young child, hot weather, and the dolphin who always wanted to play with everyone that she came across.

"Laedere speaking." | Thoughts/others speaking.

@[Hertz] So sorry it took so long ;-;

Coding || Image Credits