the Rift

Fortify & Conquer

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Tallsun's heat had brought life to the great Aurora Basin. The herdland had avoided any drastic change in temperature, though the sun had broken the lasting chill and given way to greenery, blanketing the normally barren tundra with abundant flora. Life was flourishing here, be it with the mountain lambs following their big-horned parents on the cliff sides, or the mangy goslings on the lake who were just beginning to come into their adult feathers. 

The corporal sighed, the noise escaping her one of contentment. Standing in the gaping mouth of her cave, which looked over the lake and was neatly framed by several small pines, she took in the view. She looked over the land, sure that those who called this place home were finding similar comfort with the mild weather and break from the cold. A soft breeze fluttered her white locks, and sterling eyes fluttered shut as she took in the scents it brought on its current. There were few things that made her as happy as home did. Since coming to Helovia, leaving behind a life of constant battle and hatred, she had learned much, but nothing was more important than protecting all that she held dear. 

The Basin held many who held themselves as warriors. Despite their lack of unicorns who found joy in other ranks and pursuits, those who held warrior hearts trapped in the cages of their chests were in abundance. But, the starry girl had seen few of them in action. Those who she had sparred with herself, or seen in the battles with the rift gods, paled in comparison to the numbers who were actually tasked with protecting the herd. She shook her head, a frown disrupting her sculpted face. Though she had held the rank for several seasons, the corporal was unsure of the capabilities the soldiers held. 

But today that would change. Onyx cloves clattered on stone as she descended the outcropping she stood upon. Hooves met the softened ground and she was off at a gallop. Well-sculpted muscles rippled beneath her blue pelt, long legs crossing distance with ease. She made her way across the terra, following no particular path, before cutting north and continuing until the lake was far behind her. Slowing to a trot, sides heaving with heavy breath, she looked around her. A slight slope led down, giving way to a wide flat, floored with moss and new grass. She finally came to a graceful stop, and used the moment to catch her breath. Nodding, she decided this spot was perfect.  

She cast out her voice, hoping the gods would carry it far and allow her to collect her ranks. "To all those who have vowed to protect the Aurora Basin, hear my call. It is time to join together." She stepped back, cocking a rear hoof, relaxing for the moment. Unsure if any would show at all, she hoped her rank would encourage others to flock together and show their faces.

As horned warriors joined her, she waited patiently for them all to arrive. Her fellow corporal appeared, and she gave a warm nod, turning her head in gesture to invite the blackened girl to take her deserved place before the group. "Welcome," she began, words warm and steady. "Some of you I have met, but many I have not. I am Ki'irha, your Corporal. I have called you here today so perhaps we may learn of each other, and discuss several things in regards to protecting the Basin." She smiled as she looked over those gathered before her, taking in faces. She recognized some from the battles against the crocodile and tigress gods. The star girl cleared her throat and continued. "There is much to discuss. First, I want to pass along my sincerest thanks and gratitude to those who partook in the recent battles. I pray you have all been healed of any lingering injuries. If not, I am sure there are healers here who can assist in bringing you back to full strength. However," her brows furrowed, eyes sharp and cold. Her voice lost it's previous softness, now stern and harsh. "Those of you who did not join beside us, you have explaining to do. You vowed to protect this place when you took rank as soldiers. It is a disgrace to have not assisted in any way. You should be thankful I do not suggest to the leads for you to be stripped of your ranks. Children fought the great unknowns. Though the battles did not occur on our doorstep, it may have arrived here had the gods not been stopped where they entered this world." She frowned, frustrated this was a discussion that needed to occur. "Now is your time to speak up. Either to make excuses for yourselves, or share any concerns you may have." She fell silent, waiting for any to answer for themselves if necessary, or otherwise comment on the state of things.

Talk
OOC// [[This is a Fortify meeting! All warriors are strongly urged to attend, though others are welcome to observe and partake. Spar pairs will be assigned to those in attendance. Please let @Sialia post first.]] 
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits

@Caleb @Zandora @Rikyn
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie
I Ain't Got Time To Bleed

The day started off fairly normal. The ebony woman lay in her cave dozing from the night before. Not that last night had been anything special. With a sigh of resignation, my black fur ripples as the muscles underneath quiver, and slowly my body lurches fore ward an up, as I bring my body to a standing position. With a shake the dust on my body is removed and I begin to stretch my hind legs. A hum escapes my lips in pleasure as I return my legs back to their normal positions. 

I walked out towards the light shining through and breath in the warm tall sun air. The air is sweet, and the valley shines with new growth. The funny thing about the Aurora Basin is that the tallsun was like birdsong for the basin in it's near constant state of winter. So this break in the cold was welcomed. 

My black body slinks out into the sun, coat glistening in the light, as I make my way down the worn path from my cave. As I neared the lake for a morning drink a call reached my ears. A meeting, for the warrior ranks. My head lifts from the lake, and forgoing the drink I take off. I knew not of this meeting that my fellow corporal was holding, and a twinge of annoyance flitted through me. But it was settled quickly, as it couldn't be helped. It wasn't like we saw each other often. After all the last time I had seen her... It was one of the battles. One I had been zapped from thanks to the moon bitch. Why? Cause I was concerned for the life's of others? What would have happened if that creature wasn't defeated? My kid could have died. 

I wasn't about to let that happen, and I had every right to express my opinion. 

But I sighed and instead tried to forget my anger. Which was not easy. I wanted to snap something... I wanted to feel blood ooze from my mouth of something deceased. As I slow from a gallop to a walk I pick my way down a slope to a clearing. There are some there already. Ki'irha looks to me and nods subtly next to her and I nod back taking my place next to her. For the moment I let Ki'irha speak.

She introduces herself, and welcomes those who came. Then she thanks those who participated in the battles. Her voice changes from the warmth it held and it becomes cold. She is directing her words towards the crowd and asks those who did not help in the battles, in protecting helovia to come forward and explain themselves. 

My blue eyes turn from hers and look out across the crowd. While I had not helped in everything, I had been there for he Blood Falls, and I had tried to be there for the Labrynth until moon bitch proofed me out of there. Way to gain back the peoples trust, right? 

I sigh softly. "Some of you could have at least helped In one. However, there are ways to prove yourselves once more. Do not fail again."

My eyes look to Ki'irha nodding to her, before looking out again.

"I am Sialia, your other corporal. Do not underestimate either of us, we will not be kind.  My gaze is hard, and my voice is not as warm as my counter part. I look to her again, before nodding for her to continue on. She is leading this meeting after all. 

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;;
Notes;;I tried to make sure Sialia did not take over :) you are all able to post now!

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
They led, and he followed.

It was Ki'irha that Lochan picked up on and it was Sialia that he saw making her way across the icy white to appear at the other corporal's side. It was good to see them both, active and ready to instruct.

Ready, too, to scold.

He watched from the edge of the gathering with his black eyes wide and his head lowered. Lochan crawled sleepily into the folds of the Haruspex's sarong and was met with no complaint. It was long after their bedtimes, after all.

He listened to praise before Ki'irha pointed out the battles. He felt a surge of pride in himself for only a moment before remembering that despite succeeding as a warrior he'd failed as a Haruspex in the aftermath of such bloodshed. Where had he been to comfort his herd and record the events?

Hadn't Ode been right that Ashamin had been too reticent? It had been a subject he should have paid more attention to. Perhaps this was his chance at redemption, but he doubted that was the case.

His large ears fell flat against his skull with discomfort and he lifted his head--his sleeping companion rising right with it--to try and catch Ki'irha's gaze. She was right to call this meeting, especially now that it seemed D'Artagnan was gone.

Ashamin had watched that mare--the poisoner's daughter--die. It had been a moment of bloodcurdling pain and then nothing. She left the earth and took the blood bay with her, pulling him elsewhere, unknown.

The haruspex still felt anxious remembering how his attempt to teach the warriors with D'Artagnan had petered off into nothing. But now... now...

"Ki'irha, Sialia!" he called, breaking his silence and pulling himself up through the crowd. "It's good to see our brave corporals hosting such a gathering," he said with kindness and a lingering glance on Ki'irha. He knew her better than Sialia, that was all, he thought nervously. He just knew her better, that was why he looked--and looked longer.

"I'd like to offer myself as a spar partner in support." He said, then, black eyes glinting with the warm day's sun. His heart beat evenly and his gaze was fixed. If they needed him, he was here. He had to be there for someone, sometime.

""
ASHAMIN
image credits

@Sialia @Ki'irha (No need to tag me here on out)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
The black mare who shared the blue's title took her place before the gathering. But, by gathering, she meant Ashamin. No warrior stood before them. The appearance of the painted buck did not generate feelings of happiness or warmness in the mare. No, the corporal felt the total opposite. Anger. Disappointment. Disrespect. She stomped a front hoof, and her tail snapped and twitched angrily on a rear leg. There was nothing soft about the mare that stood amongst the trio. Ears were turned back, and she took a moment to compose herself before speaking. "Ridiculous," she began, turning her head to Sialia. "Not a single soldier shows their face. Not even our General will grace us with his presence. Only our Haruspex shows to hear our words, and he is not the one who needs to hear them the most."

It wasn't that she didn't enjoy his presence. She had attended his meeting of the visionaries, and it impressed her that he desired to learn of her trade, as well. He was not unwelcomed, and for a moment concern flushed her face. If he had heard her words, would it make him feel unwanted? Turning her head towards him, her expression softened. "It is good to see you, darling, as always. Please excuse my disappointment. Though, I pray you do not share stories of this pathetic meeting. I had hoped this meeting would have been more impressive." Her time here had been short. She had done nothing special to earn her rank, nothing to deserve any sort of respect. Is that why none came? Is that why not a single soldier decided to appear or show any initiative? They owed nothing to her. Perhaps to them, the title was nothing more than a frivolous thing to not pay heed to. She frowned.

"Sialia, I don't believe we have met before, and I apologize for that. I think it is evident today, more than ever, that we have critical issues among our ranks that need to be handled. There is no unity among the few who are pledged to serve the Basin. I believe there are several things that need our attention. First and foremost, spars need to be performed for this season as all others. That goes without saying. We also should set up patrols in the new lands. There is much to learn of those places, and of the beings who entered through the portals. I am unsure if they can be trusted." She paused, mulling over any other concerns she could think of. "Our army is lacking. I think we should prioritize taking in new soldiers, and suggesting this class to newcomers and established members alike. Who knows what the future holds, I don't want to be caught unprepared."

She fell silent again, hoping the opposite corporal would share her concerns. "TalkIs there anything else you can suggest?" She listened attentively before turning her head to the haruspex. His words were kind, and he offered himself to partake in the seasonal spars. She smiled, a playful look lighting her face. "Well, Ashamin, I was planning on splitting everyone into pairs for spars. Though, it seems as though with the three of us, one will be left out. But I consider you a guest at this meeting, so you should receive what you ask for." Looking back to Sialia, she spoke again. "I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to ask Ashamin to join in this dance. He fought at the front lines of the battle against the gods, so perhaps he should receive some training if he so asks." Silver locked onto the black gaze of the haruspex, and she winked. If a fight was what he wanted, he would receive it.

"Perhaps we will have a late arrival. Otherwise, I'm willing to go against you as well, Sialia. One can never get enough practice." Stepping forward, she dipped her head to the stallion before her, and trotted a bit away towards a small flat grassy space, clear of any debris or dangerous uneven spots.  She turned to face him, waiting a moment before making the first move.

Talk
OOC// @Sialia also last chance for late arrivals @Caleb @Rikyn @Zandora
Me and Jen had a spar set to take place between Ki and Ashamin. I'll link the spar here.
I’ll taste the night sky —
     AND FEEL ALIVE AGAIN
image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

If you could say that the feelings in both corporals where the same, you would be absolutely correct. No one showed. No one but the Haruspex, who this wasn't for anyways. Rage coursed through my black body, clouding my mind, and hardening the already cold look in my eyes.

My fellow corporal turns to me, and I to her. Ridiculous. She says, and I nod in agreement. I am far to incensed to speak at this moment, so I allow her to do the talking. Not a single soldier shows their face. Not even our General will grace us with his presence. Only our Haruspex shows to hear our words, and he is not the one who needs to hear them the most. No, he isn't. But he is better than no one. 

Ki'irha then turns to the painted Haruspex, exchanging words with him, apologizing for her words, and disappointment. I look him over, eyes searching. He was loyal. I saw him everywhere, doing his best. "It is a shame that we do not have one as loyal as you in our ranks. You could have made a fine soldier." They are the first words to come from my mouth in the last few moments, and despite the bitter tone, they ring with the truth of my thoughts and the slight regret that he had passed up on being a soldier himself. Ki'irha speaks once more, and my attention is instantly returned to her. 

Black harks are perked forward to catch her words, two toned face nodding every once in awhile to something I agreed with.  "Yes, I agree that there is something to be done. After this is over I intend to track our soldiers down. It is time we implement some discipline. As for our general, I suppose he must have gone. His face has been noticed missing for some time now. The future of our military rests in our hands. If I can, I will see if our leads would do spars with us. As for suggestions, a fitting punishment for the blatant disrespect shown here today should be to help with any of the weavers on going projects. I will speak with him, but I am sure he is always in need of backs to break." I nod at Ki'irha, as she explains that she will choose Ashamin to spar with this time. I nod shortly to her. I understood perfectly. 

"I will take you on another time. Give you time to rest after your spar with Ashamin, and I look forward to it. Until next time, you two." 

There was no one else coming, and I wasn't keen on staying while I had asses to kick. I nod curtly to them both as Ki'irha and Ashamin move off to begin, and I turn and move out, body swinging as I picked up a trot towards the center of the Basin. God help the soldier I run into.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Ki'irha @Ashamin
Words;;
Notes;; Sialia is off to find Caleb and to get mad at him :D

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!