the Rift

[PRIVATE] Dreamcatcher

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
The fate of glass is to break.
Words; 400 - Notes; CANT DO STARTING POSTS BLEH
 Tilneys travels nowadays took him mostly to sightsee his new western home. The western lands in helovia held many wonders he was excited to see. The Endless Blue was where he had met his new friend Glasgow and made the acquaintance of Resplendence from the Falls; it was a place he had travelled well compared to the other westerly regions. To the Ancient Rotunda he ventured. His marble hooves carried him swiftly with anticipation, thought in the back of his head he worried that arah wouldn't come. He had subtly mentioned to his ashen friend that he wanted her to come, but he was doubting she would make an appearance.

'She probably has much better things to do, maybe next time...'

Doubt was such a poison to Tilney. For a stallion as joyful and seemingly confident as he, when doubt crept in it was like a real blow to the head. It would always destructed him. His feelings about Arah though he had no doubts about; He truly cared for her and valued her. What of hers though? Tilney understood nothing of her heart as yet, not even where he stood in it. Tilney longed to know what her favorite colour was, her favorite smell.

He wondered if she wakes up sometimes and thinks to the gods, don't let my heart turn cold like he does sometimes. Which colour eyes do you think are the prettiest Arah? Which of your mothers gorgeous features to you hold on your countenance. Do you curse at the wind when you're angry?

Why did he wonder though? What about her made him forever curious. In fact, he was certain he could ask her one hundred questions every day for a million years and never run out of thinks to ask about her soul. Arah was puzzling and brilliant to him, and he didn't think that about many creatures he'd met in his short lifetime. There's and entire galaxy in you, you know? She was full of starts and moons.

One thing he did know about Arah though; She never knew who'd leave or stay. He hoped to god that she knew he would. The rotunda was in view, and what a relic to behold. Stepping through the threshold and onto the cold platform he gazed over the calm brooke. Questions flooded his mind about this place too; Who built it? and for what purpose?

SPEECH

@Arah

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Arah

All these days I've been broken and hopeless and I 
I don't feel like I'm coping, I'm hoping that I
Can live and let go, so I can get through it."

Missing her home in The Basin was becoming a daily grievance, thinking back to the snowy wilds that had protected her for so long. Her daughters, now nothing but dust in the frozen winds, remained in the north. Since joining the Edge she'd bee desperate to return to the frozen wastes and visit where her daughter's rested but going alone terrified her. Was she such a coward that she needed someone to accompany her for everything? At least she'd managed to join The Edge with only Wynter at her side. Still her new home had done little to melt the years of ice that had built up around her heart. Perhaps that wasn't a job of The Edge but a job for companionship and family. She'd felt rather empty as she'd traveled through The secret grove, remembering all of the ghosts that lurked there. Here she'd met a maiden fair whose heart would never belong to her, here she cried and apologised and fought on for what she had believed was right.
Perhaps the grove would never be a magical place for here, long ago it had been tainted and never redeemed. So many adventures and so little rewards, the doe believed anyone would wonder what the point had been. Why had she done so much and lost even more? At what point had she decided enough was enough? Well, that was the only point she could truly recall. The rage that had filled her belly and the fire she'd sprayed. How had The Basin faired under the golden tongue liar she wondered, how far astray had he lead them? It was a problem for her to concern herself with anymore, yet she couldn't help herself. The desire to know was completely embedded into her mind and after years of serving, well it was impossible to break from old habits completely.

Just as she remembered, the structure that gave this piece of land it's name was incongruous and yet it was also alluring. Hidden within the local thicket of corse trees was the remnants of what many whispered was a time of unity. The doe stood before the edifice, running a lazy eye over the details. Compared to her own tiny figure, the stone structure was large, s standing on a circular slab with a beautiful and colorful stained glass roof. As she moved up and entered the structure long, flowing drapes that lined the entrances by the columns stroked along her back, the doe shivered at the feeling. Shifting, swirling and colliding the colours were captured on the floor, and as she climbed up into the feature the colours danced along her own ivory back. Tilting her head she studied the intricate wrought iron closures and veins of precious metal in the glass which provided strength and charm. Her ears perked at the sound of the brook running through the trees, just along the edge of the white-stone rotunda, it was jere a part of her soul had changed forever. She loved it here.

Of course someone had beat her to the structure.

Tilney. She couldn't quite help the smile that spread across her chops. The stag had become a rather constant companion in her life. One that she would fight tooth and nail to keep with her - it was selfish, she knew, to feel as if she had some right to his companionship. Yet, she felt better around him, his warmth might just be able to splinter the ice that remained within her chest.
Yet there was also more darkness, would he leave her for another? If she put her heart and soul in the open what would he do? Navigating her way through the bushes she paused behind the copper coloured stag. "Hello." Of course she came. There had never been a question if she would join him, after all she was far too curious of a creature to let such an invitation pass. Would he simply invite her for a turn around the gardens? Or was there more behind his invitation? So many questions and wonders, she could barely keep her inquisitive nature contained.
Credit

@Tilney
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
and oh, there is more to this life
What he could he do now? He had journeyed here with the idea of Arah meeting him here, but the closer he stepped to the ancient structure the more he doubted he would be graced with her company, and when he arrived and saw she had not he was certain he would spend the outing alone. It was the first time in a long time he felt a daggers steel scratch his heart, a whipcord lashed around his neck. Stare into the calm waters below the Ancient Rotunda was all he did, green eyes gazing back.

"Don't worry brother" sounded the musical air of his sister. Carlisle stepped softly under the rotundas shade beside Tilney, her muzzle reaching up to greet his jowl with a soft kiss. It had been weeks since her last appearance, and Tilney had grown tired of her comings and goings. He wished she would just stay. "There are plenty of hours left in the day. She might still come". Tilney remained somewhat unresponsive to his sisters whispers of solace, but he was glad she was here. "She has better things to attend to Carlisle, I doubt she will show." 
It was certainly a rarity to find Tilney so cast-down.

If he turned home now though, this journey would of been almost for nothing. What if she just came later then he anticipated? He would wait for her, patiently and quietly here in the rotundas shade. Dropping to his knees first, then letting his hind end fall he found a reasonably comfortable spot on the stone floor to sit and wait. 

Tilneys verdant gaze traced over a small mated pair of ducks who were busily making the perfect nest, ready for birdsong; What wonderful parents they would make. The thought brought the softest of smiled to his tired face. Carlisles sinking breaths soon sent him into a gentle snooze, ashen eyelids closing over his green sight-givers. He was stirred an hour or so later by a much welcomed Hello.
Arah! She had come.

Tilney need not even open his eyes to know it was her; just her voice was enough, accompanied by her perfect air and presence. He was still much too sleepy to move apart form his lips tightening in a wide smile. His eyes remained closed as he whispered his own gentle "you came", followed by a yawn. The stags viridescent stare found its way to hers of gold, and he gently found his way to his feet. 
Tilney couldn't help but greet the mare with a sweet kiss to her jowl, and then charmingly lifted his neck over hers to embrace her tenderly.

@Arah

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
unarchived per request

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Arah

All these days I've been broken and hopeless and I 
I don't feel like I'm coping, I'm hoping that I
Can live and let go, so I can get through it."

His eyes were softly closed, a perfect figure with his chops pulled into a warming smile. It was so genuine, she couldn't help but smile in response. The way he lit up around her, the way her mind and body responded to his presence. It really was something else, he really was someone, she liked to think he was someone fate had sent to heal her. "Of course." Arah offered in response to his words. It's you. A shaky sigh was expelled, her eyes studied his relaxed form. I'll always come to you. He turned and locked his emerald green eyes onto her burning golden ones, slowly rising to his feet before her. It's like you're in my DNA. It was an almost instant response to his sweet kiss, a tiny giggle of delight that she immediately regretted as the embarrassment swelled through her chest. Despite her childish reaction to his touch, he draped his neck over hers, a tight embrace that calmed her emotions and racing thoughts. It was familiar and exciting at the same time, it was home to her. A home that she had not yet experienced, explored or had time to completely accept. "Oh Tilney." Her words were whispered, her warm breath was lost to the open air while his tickled it's way down her elegantly arched neck. "You're such a comfort to me." I only wish to be the same for you.

Carefully the doe extracted herself from his embrace, smiling up at him as she did so. Then slowly she turned her gaze to the river that ran just outside the structure. The brook weaved it's way confidently through the trees while dragonflies danced along the surface, darting here and there while greeting any other of it's species it came across. To live to freely. To be able to fly. Two things she would never be capable of. After every dark decision of her past she'd never again be able to live freely and of course she'd need wings to be able to fly. An impossible feat for her to grow a pair this late in her life. Laughing as the dragonfly zipped past her, she smiled at Tilney over her shoulder; encouraging him to join her so they may talk quietly. She didn't know why he'd asked her here, if he actually had any questions for her or if he'd simply wished to be with her privately. One seemed a sweet gesture, the other concerned her. He knew very little about her past and she knew little of his. There was so much to learn and discover about the other. Perhaps today would be a good day to begin that process.

"So, Tilney." She paused and turned her smile into a (hopefully) seductive grin. "Tell me a secret." The doe would tell him whatever he wanted to know, but first she wanted to learn a little bit about him. What was the first secret he would reveal to her? Would it be dark or silly? Would it give her a tiny insight to her past life or personality? Curiosity and excitement burned through her veins as she waited for him to speak.

Credit

@Tilney
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽