the Rift

To the Bone [Hotaru vs Sialia]

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
I am someone to fear, not hunt

News had reached her quickly enough, even in the turmoil of the wars that had ravaged Helovia to the east. Sialia and Ki’irha had been consistent in their efforts and more than worthy of their titles, but the warriors of the Basin had begun to fall apart the moment d’Artagnan disappeared. Even before then, perhaps, there had been the fractures in the base of their organization. An inherent weakness that shattered apart when struck with enough force. That the success of the meeting had been equivalent to the pitiful turnout of Ashamin’s meeting was both a shock and a reason to fall to anger. The Basin was a mighty force, with swollen numbers in the arctic womb of their herdland. Where were those who swore themselves to the cause? Were they to be reduced to singular digits? It was shameful, and she resented it. Hotaru may have ascended the ranks swiftly as a Thief but she had joined as a soldier, and her father had been within the ranks as well. The Basin would not be weak. Not beneath her command.

There would be time to hunt down those who had not shown up to Sialia’s meeting, and time again to thank and bolster the woman for her consistency. In the moment however, change had to be put in motion. She had waited long enough, as Tallsun had faded into Orangemoon and the celestial events in the east had settled. Waited until the chill returned and the snow began to fall once more before taking action. She would do it properly, however.

The Lady strode out into the very middle of the Basin lands, eyes sharp and Alice slinking low and lethal at her side. Where all could see and hear, she slammed her hoof to the firm earth below her and let her magic explode in a thunderous BANG of spiraling sparks and electricity. Alice snarled at her side, lifting her dark throat to howl into the skies, a twisted sound like but unlike a wolf in her hellish capacity. She sought to attract as much attention to herself as physically possible, and whirled to find the face she needed in those around her. Squinted against the autumn sun that struck almost blindingly off the snow that had returned after their unseasonably warm summer, hunting for the woman she’d set out to find. Hotaru lifted herself high, stance wide, and let her voice take form to announce the purpose for her theatrics.

“SIALIA!” It bellowed into the air, crisp wind ripping it from her mouth and giving it strength to travel. “FACE YOUR LADY!” Alice’s fierce pride swelled within their bond, for Hotaru did not usually throw around her title so easily. With a thought her stolen crown unfolded with a metallic clang, armor fitting cold but familiar against her rosy skin - a picture of battle to come. As a pair they stood together in the chill, hearts beating faster with pending adrenaline, and awaited an answer to their call.

Hotaru vs Sialia
Center of the Aurora Basin, early afternoon with clear skies/sun, thin snow and compact tundra.
Sialia can have first attack!
Words: {501/800}
Attack: {0/3}

@Sialia hopefully this tag works on the first try
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

The snow was back. All the melt had magically re-appeared, and the Aurora Basin had regained it's wintry grip on it's inhabitants.

It had been a small amount of time since our tallsun fortify meeting, and I had been searching high and low for my warriors, or potential new ones, but alas there was none. I had found Caleb, I had definitely found him. Yet, I was still missing Zandora and Rikyn. 

However, I had heard nothing of Rikyn, even as far as having being asked where he was. Had he also taken off and abandoned his home as d'Artangnan had? Was this what the world was coming to? Lies, deceit, failure.

My head shakes as I try to get the echo out of my head. A whisper seemed to sit  in my mind, of last years disgrace on my part. I could have done better, fought braver, actually succeeded in wining a spar. And yet, I had not, and I had even been given a upgrade from soldier to corporal?

Why? Was it because I had the discipline? I felt I had what it took, but even so, If I couldn't win a spar, what was the point? My strategy was lacking, and I needed to do something to fix it. However, My dear lady Hotaru had plans for that.

The sounds of sparks flying, and the strong voice Hotaru filled the air, carried by the wind, only to cause my head to lift, and turn in the direction it had come. Ears flitted forward, and again that voice in my head whispered it again.

Failure.

I would not be known for being a failure. I was not a failure for losing those spars, It just meant more practice, harder practice, more spars, until the day that I could win them easily. What better way to start, than pushing the self doubt in the back of my mind, and appearing to my lady Hotaru?

And so, I, The black temptress turn towards her ladyship, her pink strawberryness, the faded blood stain in the snow, and I appear to her, head held high, body tense to show off my muscles (who needs a wonder boy when they could have me?). It was an air of confidence, a mask for what truly lay inside.

What I may not be feeling directly right now, but what was lingering in the back of my mind. What plagued me, even if I did not realize it. The fear of failure, the fear that I simply wasn't good enough.

I wasn't far away when the strawberry called, and it didn't take me long to respond, and I arrived in a timely fashion. As I emerge, I glance around, the snow layer thin, and the ground frozen, compact. An advantage and a disadvantage. In someways, the tough packed ground was good for hard push offs and digging in, but at the same time, the frozen ground and the snow caused it to be slightly slippery if not careful. My eyes soon fall on her pinkness, her coat already darkening with the orangemoon weather.

By her side, a hell hound, in all it's snarling glory. On her body silver shining armor. Glamorous much? It is only a spar, after all.

But her armor, while protective, could also slow her down, if it was heavy. In that way, my bare body was almost a advantage. Almost. I did not have her protection, and she could certainly cause more damage than I would like her to, while my attacks may do minimal damage.

"With pleasure, Lady Strawberry."

I respond to her very loud call, a cocky smile lifting the corners of my lips. I do not wait long to attack. I was eager, ready to begin, and not fond of pussyfooting about. My haunches launch my body forward at a gallop, headed to her right side. It seemed I would go right past her, but almost at the last moment, I attempted to throw myself into her shoulder, hoping to bruise it, and throw her off balance. I only hoped the damn dog wouldn't throw me off. And so, I am there waiting on impact, and for the scrape of armor and flesh.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Hotaru

Words;; 708/800
Notes;; Attack: 1/3

Summary:
Sialia gallops towards Hotaru's right side. Just as she is about to pass the shoulder, she changes directory and attempts to ram Hotaru's shoulder with her own, in an attempt to bruise Hatoru's shoulder and throw her off balance.

Injuries:
None as of now.

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
I am someone to fear, not hunt

She comes as black as night, head held high in the face of Hotaru’s challenge, a disrespectful smirk lacing her lips. We will make her bow that head in deference, Alice snarls to Alice, and the hell bitch lets a thick, discordant growl vibrate in her vile chest in eager agreement. They stand tense together, the chill of the wind doing nothing to cut into the heat of their battle-ready blood. Hotaru would make an example of Sialia, a display of might that nobody could contest or hope to overcome. Even if Hotaru were to topple from her throne, she would be waiting, a poisonous viper in the robin’s nest. Her fangs would be the subtle dagger to any who dared to oppose her, and she would never be without her crown for long.

“With pleasure, Lady Strawberry.”

Such names will not guarantee your triumph, Hotaru thought, not bothering to verbally engage the woman before her. Not when blood and bone called for a far more primordial clashing of wills and skills. Sialia wasted no time, springing forward across the compact earth towards Hotaru. The rose Lady charged forward to meet her, knowing her speed was unnecessary here with a faster opponent. She could outpace Sialia any day, and that is exactly what she intended to do. Conserving her energy was most important with the heavy armor upon her frame. As Hotaru dug her small hooves into the firm earth Alice shot to the right, allowing Sialia the target she was clearly aiming for, remaining close at hand for when her Lady called for her. Hotaru’s grin was a flash of bone white, recalling this basic move from when she’d ground Tingal into the sand as a mere babe. Sialia may be taller, but…You will not push me around. And so she began her counter attack, hoping Sialia was as foolishly easy to read as Tingal had always been. Prepare to pin her, Alice!

Hotaru angled herself to the right, neck arching down and away from potential harm as she jutted her right shoulder out towards Sialia’s approaching form. She threw herself bodily to the right, kicking off with her hind legs to try and meet Sialia’s slam head on. If she wanted to hit Hotaru there so badly, she could have it. Sharp armor and all. Maybe it would scar Sialia’s left shoulder, and she would gaze upon it and remember how her Lady had humiliated her before their entire herd. Maybe it would drive her to be better - you call yourself MY Corporal?! - and not make such foolish first blows. 

However the impact may hurt Sialia in return, the blackened shoulder descended upon her own regardless, shoving her up against her armor and making a dull ache blossom across her right triceps muscle. As impact rang across her head in a buzz of connection, she dug herself into her bond and yanked. ALICE! The hellhound darted obediently across the snow from where she’d struck off to the right away from Sialia, acid dripping off her jowls as she lunged for Sialia’s left pectoral. Hotaru had hoped to slow Sialia’s faster form with her body slam, while Alice attempted to secure a full halt by jumping for such a vital part of her body nearly head on. The pin that they had planned as a team, a well-oiled machine with no boundaries between their minds.

Prey! Alice howls in her head, imposed bloodlust making Hotaru’s head swim and body go hot as she jerks her head to the right, teeth flashing. They aim for Sialia’s right flank, hoping the mare would try and swing away from Alice and into her blow. She really was prey, and Hotaru envisioned a pack of wolves leaping for an elk’s delicate throat, just as Alice was. Hotaru wondered with gleeful inhumanity if Sialia would rear up and away from Alice like the quarry she was, if she would fall to her instincts just like the imaginary elk. At least that would plant her ass where it was and make attacking her easier. All bark and no bite, my Corporal?

Words: {688/800}
Attack: {1/3}

@Sialia
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

The lady seemed to mistake a spar for a fight to the death. Foolishly she dressed herself in heavy armor, like I would do any true damage to her. She would tire easily. We both may be in shape, but she was decked in her protection, and I bare. I may take more hits, but I would not be exhausted from carrying that heavy load around. No, I had left mine at home. This was after all, a spar, not a challenge.

And hell, maybe she would be the one with a loss, and wondering how her corporal had beat her.

My first attack had been basic, probing to see the opponent I faced, her weaknesses, and her strengths, her skills. She lowers her head and jutts her own shoulders towards my own, ramming back me. 3, 2, 1 impact. I collide with the lady's shoulder, at some injury to myself, but sacrifices would always be made in the heat of battle. The ache blooms in my shoulder, and scratches reveal the red flesh beneath. They where not deep, but they stung with the pleasure I got from such things. 

Ah, but the strawberry did not stop there. Her dog came lunging, and her mouth came seeking my flank. Irritation blossomed through me at the use of her companion. They did not belong in battle. It was cowardice to use anything but yourself, to put your friend in such danger. The urge to stomp the wolf into the ground was barely restrained. If she was so keen to use such strategy than she would surely regret it. My ears pinned back and head was lowered to the wolf, teeth gnashing back, looking for a hold of fur of flesh. I hunted things like you on a daily basis, and I was a master at the crushing of bones. 

The pain blossoms in my flank however, as I hesitated to long, making the wrong choice, leaving my flank open to her pearly teeth. This all happens in such a short time, and I am already turning my attention from the wolf, and back to my opponent. Blood runs down the painful wound on my flank, in a flood of warm goo that stains my white markings dark crimson. It had been a good one. In response my leg refuses to co-operate completely, a limp partially taking on my movement. But there is no time to hesitate, for it my turn to return her love bite. I spin towards her, following right behind her rump, only slowed by my injury, but it was not hard to keep up with the mare that was weighted down by the shining armor on her back. My lips pull back to reveal white teeth and pink gums, as hungry as her own for the taste of flesh and blood. My head lowers toward the top of her hock, and teeth snap in an attempt to grab and tear at the muscle on her right hind leg, and in an simultaneous movement I point my horn forward, so maybe she would impale her ass on it.

The image brought a laughter in the depths of my mind. The lady impaled on my horn, from her ass.

But there where downfalls to being back here. She could kick out at any moment. I knew this, and I was risking it. Again, sacrifices would be made in the heat of battle, after all.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @Hotaru
Words;; 574/800
Notes;; Summary: Spins away from Alice to the right on her haunches, after trying to bite the wolf, and follows Hotaru close behind, attempting to either bite the muscle right above the hock to slow her, or to stab her with her horn from her hind end. 

Injuries: Slightly bruised and scratched shoulder, torn flank that is bleeding down her leg.

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Sialia defaults to Hotaru. Hotaru earns 0.5 VP.

Sorry Sialia, you did not post before the 3 week deadline.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode